The Watch: Jingo

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Re: The Watch: Jingo

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:50 am

"No...not yet anyway." The skeleton replied quietly, still scanning the crowd for familiar faces. "Either way, best we keep a low profile."

Upon saying that Vincent couldn't help but look over at Charlie and the living chests that followed them around. Though he wasn't sure what they could do about them, they weren't exactly discrete. Hopefully no one would notice, or had enough of their own problems to care.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Wed May 02, 2018 10:50 pm

Darryl grunted, agreeing with Vincent. "We might want to hide our chests." He responded. As he said the word "chest", Terrance jumped up and tumbled towards him. "No. Stay." Darryl scolded firmly. Terrance stopped in his tracks and went back to his spot, a sad look on the chest's face.
So pull me close, as we dance around Hellfire... We're just Ghosts anyway...

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Thu May 03, 2018 6:55 am

After some time, Char returned.
“Alright then, I’m in charge of Company seven, I’m now Captain Aznavour, first thing to do is to go see the men, see how they’re holding up.”

*Company Seven camp*
“Huh, not bad.”
Said Char as he looked at all the men and a few odd women there, everything seemed to be in order until a bright flash blinded him.
“DAMN YOUR EYES!”
Screamed the angered Char.
“So sorry! We didn’t mean to— ooooooooohhhhhhhh.......”
Char recovered much faster than before, but upon recovering most of his eyesight, to his dismay, before him were the two adventurers he bumped into back in Ankh-Morpork.
Char stared a bit before facing Baldrick.
“Baldrick, is my eyesight really that bad? Or am I face to face with the same cretins who blinded me back in Ankh-Morpork?”
He asked, Baldrick looked back and forth at Char and the Adventurers.
“I don’t know sir, I forgot what they looked like.”
Answered Baldrick.
“I’m sorry, we joined the army since we wanted to make up for getting that prince shot, I’m Geoff, and this is my partner Vasily.”
Said the young man with an iconograph while introducing his lady friend.
“Charmed, but if you wanted to make it up to the prince, you should have joined the opposing army.”
Said Char dryly.
“I’m also your commanding officer now, so I am well withing my rights to punish you for that flash.”
Said Char, Geoff looked a little worried. “But no matter, some physical labor would be fine, help me set up my tent would you?”
With that, they got to setting up the officer’s tent.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Fri May 04, 2018 1:54 am

Darryl took a look around the camp, eyeing a spot to set up his own tent. Terrance had one stashed away somewhere, and he would rather sleep in his own than in a massive tent filled with people he didn't know. He eventually found a spot, not far from the rest of the camp, but far enough away that he could keep and eye on their perimeters. He got to work immediately, having the canvas structure erected in a few minutes. Once his blankets and such were in place, he sent Terrance inside the tent and commanded him to stay. The chest obeyed, though he seemed a bit sad. Darryl then set out to patrol around the camp with his hound following behind him.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Tue May 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Char finally got to relax in his tent, but before he could drift off to sleep, he spied Baldrick setting up a cot.
“Baldrick, what do you think you’re doing?”
“I’m just setting up my cot so I can go to bed sir.”
“Well get your own tent, this tent is only reserved for Officers.”
Said Char in an annoyed tone.
“Alright then, if you need me, I’ll be digging a hole to sleep in then.”
With that, Baldrick left.
Char finally decided to sleep and drift off...

*Morning*
A trumpet blew as Char groaned in his bed, he got up and with a dishiveled look to show he’s not in the mood, upon checking his personal time keeping device, he realized it was 4:30 in the morning, annoyed, he then proceeded to slink off into the shadows.
As the trumpeter kept playing, he failed to notice somebody behind him....

Lord Melchett woke up feeling fresh as a daisy, he felt pleased that he could wake up early, and upon checking his time keeper, he saw it was still 8:30.
8:30?
He scrambled out of bed and rushed outside his tent, everybody was still asleep!
“BAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL ASLEEP?! WHERE’S THE TRUMPETER?!”
He shouted.
He looked around and found him, tied to the flagpole with wih his trumpet bent around his neck.
“Who did this to you?!”
Asked Melchett,
“I don’t know sir, it was dark and he came up behind me.”
Whimpered the man.
Melchett then ran off.
Char was enjoying his peaceful morning, having breakfast while enjoying a nice crossword puzzle and some coffee makde things good.
Or at least it all was until Melchett came in.
“Just the man I wanted to see, lovely breakfast by the way, now then, how would you like to be our new trumpeter Captain Aznavour?”
Char sipped his coffee slowly before deciding to answer.
“Its alright sir, I would be happy to get up earlier than everybody to blow my lungs out in an effort in futility.”
“Good man, well you can start after your breakfast.”
Said the pleased Melchett as he then left Char.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Tue May 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Darryl finally rested in his own tent after his patrol of camp. He woke the next morning to the sun shining through some leaves hovering over his tent. He stretched and yawned, before sticking his head out and looking around. Darryl spotted the trumpeter, stuck to the flag pole in the center of camp. He guess who had done it, and chuckled lightly to himself. Once he was dressed, Darryl decided it'd be a good idea to brush up on his sword fighting. It had been forever since he had swung a sword, and the only way to stay good is to stay as sharp as your blade.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Needing no sleep Vincent spent the long night on patrol, attempting to subtly get to know the soldiers and area they had claimed as their own. Marching around in the night brought back memories he had thought long dead from before his death. Memories of battles and midnight patrols, spilling blood for a living before joining the watch. He had hoped those days were behind him, and still hoped somehow he wouldn't have to go back. Only time would tell.

As the day began the skeleton saw the trumpeter on the flag pole and wished he could grin. He pitied the poor soul to get that job next. As he passed under the poor sap he saw Darryl with his blade drawn.

"Good morning Darryl. Going to train with your blade?"

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Wed May 09, 2018 10:21 am

Darryl heard Vincent say his name and nodded. "Yeah, gotta keep my skills sharp. You can join me if you'd like." He responded. He actually preferred sparring with a partner, but they had no sparring swords, so somebody would definitely get hurt.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:10 pm

"Don't mind if I do." The skeleton replied, looking forward to a decent duel. With the watch insisting they use clubs instead of blades he hasn't gotten a chance to practice with his blade in some time. He just hoped his blade was still combat ready.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Thu May 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Darryl gave a quick nod before continuing forward. Fetching his shield, he took a few steps away from Vincent. "Alright, show me what you got." He said, readying himself. He held his shield up, almost eye level, with his left hand, ready for a blow.