Shining Stars!

TehMagicPudding

Re: Shining Stars!

Post by TehMagicPudding » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:03 am

Being rapped on the shoulder only served to further frighten Muko, and now he was outright crying and whimpering on the ground. He heard Ally speak to Lisara, but the only word he heard clearly was 'Master'. The Oni recognized it as the word Ōnā Mirabelle's father wanted to be addressed by. In truth, he was less afraid of being hurt. What was truly scaring him was the idea that Lisara didn't want to be his new Ōnā. When Ōnā Mirabelle left Muko all alone in a strange town, it was the most terrifying thing he had ever experienced, and if that was what 'freedom' was, Muko didn't want it. The giant felt a strange heat near his body and, remembering the time the man with the monster paint in his skin made him hold a hot coal, curled in on himself, protecting his sides with his elbows while hiding his hands close to his chest.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:07 am

"He isn't responsive anymore.. seems like the whole thing traumatised him. Poor Muko.. okay. We need to leave him alone.. I think he will only listen to Lisara at this point." Ally talked, seemingly knowing a lot about trauma. "He dislikes our touch, that means they might trigger bad memories.. I'd love to keep comforting him, but he will only get worse that way." Ally smiled sadly and turned back into a tiny little fairy, dragging herself over to the water and sitting down at the edge, leaning against a rock. "Lisara, you need to talk to him.."

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:51 am

Lisara felt her heart break within her chest noticing the scars that etched across the large Oni's back. It was dreadful to someone marked in such a way. For a moment her mind went to they were scars from battle until the way everyone started to react. It seemed that she was the only one that didn't understand Muko's language in the slightest. Then again it took her ages to learn the common language..That didn't matter at the moment as poor Muko seemed so scared of her. She was the first...well second person he should be least afraid of at the moment. The little elf was interested in harming anyone or even having the poor fella think he was a slave.

This guild was ment to be a little family. Now it seemed she'd have to convince her new friends of that. Keeping the small smile on her lips Lisa slowly approached Muko, placing his little Koi fish on her head. Being careful of her balance the elf knelt down by the Oni and gently caressed his arm." Shh Muko. It's already big fella. You don't have to be scared of anything okay? No one will harm you. I Won't let anyone harm you okay?" Little Lisa spoke with a caring yet soothing voice as she moved a little closer.

Her eyes would seem to sparkle as she did her best to soothe her new friend." Muko...You aren't a slave and I'm not your master okay? My people don't believe in such things. You are my friend, no...in this guild we are family. Meaning you don't have to serve me or anything like that. In this family we look after each other, we protect each other, we care for each other." Lisara said as she gently took Bubbles off her head and placed it next to Muko. Maybe having his little friend would help calm him down. Looking to the others the tiny elf decided to do one last thing to try to help settle Muko down. Reaching into her satchel she pulled the small intricate flute and began to play the same tune as before. Hoping the melody would help her words have weight and substance that would get through to him.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:18 am

Sayori was quietly walking through the forest, her tail swaying behind her elegantly as she moved through the trees, her ears perking up at every sound, moving and twitching as they kept her guard up. Sayori could hear the waterfalls and was following it, hearing voices, high and deep. The Kitsune was nearly there, seeing a fairy, an elf, a demon, a knight and a.. well, she didn't know what exactly it was, but it had two big horns. Finally she stepped into a bush, watching them without making a sound, hidden beneath the leaves. The demon was crying at the elf's feet and she was trying to comfort him.

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:32 am

Apolla remained silent. Taking a seat under the shade of a nearby tree as her shield rested itself at her side. Observing the actions and interactions of the other "guild members". Could they really consider them to be a legitimate guild? They didn't have the proper essentials like a hall. That would come with time though. Seeing as her situation wasn't changing anytime soon, that's all she had at this point...time.

Back leaned against the trees trunk, Apolla was not concerned about Muko's scar like the others seemed to be. Whoever gave him those marks, were clearly from his past..another thing not concerning.

"A little early to be calling each other friends and family, don't you think?"

Apolla's head slowly tilted towards Lisara, arms crossed under her chest. There was one family, and that was back at Gwyn, her real home. Her face was blank but her eyes spoke resilience. As they locked onto the smaller girl as she pulled out her flute.
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:39 am

At first, Muko flinched when Lisara touched his arm. He had been so greatly anticipating being struck that when he felt something touch him, he reacted automatically. The Oni was confused by the kind words and gentle touch, but the kindness helped to calm him down. Cautiously, he looked up, snickering quietly at the sight of his toy fish balanced delicately on Lisara's head. Muko took in the small elf's words silently and clutched Bubbles to his chest.

The idea of being part of a family gave him hope. Some of the other kids he worked with before he was big enough to fight in the pits talked about their families and the good things they used to do before Ōnā Warau Ryū owned them. Muko was never allowed to leave the house and his father was barely around, and when he was, the Oni was expected to stay in his seat and be quiet until bedtime. There wasn't very much food and his father kept almost all of it for himself, but Muko remembered a very pretty lady in a red kimono coming into the house and giving him food every so often.

"O-okay," Muko forced out through hiccups. He slowly got to his knees and shuffled over to sit next to the rock that Lisara was sitting on. The gentle giant sniffled quietly and leaned towards the elf, listening to the music as his breathing began to level out. He looked down at Ally and spoke in a quiet voice full of sincere gratitude, "Thank you, Ally."
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:23 am

Relief and joy filled Lisara's system when she noticed the small mood change in Muko. It felt good to know that she managed to get through to him but it would seem others might be resistant. Her emerald eyes glanced over to the lady knight and sighed softly internally. Carefully putting away her flute again she moved to stare at the lady knight and offered a warm smile." Anyone that agrees to join this guild I'll count as friends and family. You don't have to think that way but...just know I'll do my best to protect each of you as if you were my flesh and blood." Lisa spoke with a rather different tone of voice than before. It would almost sound motherly and loving, providing weight to her words.

Slowly she stood up after dusting herself off and giving the large Oni one more hug to cheer her up. Her gaze shifted around wondering if anyone else was going to show up or if they showed hold off a bit longer. It might take some longer than others to make it to a place like this. The little elf ran her fingers through her light brown hair and looked at those that were already here." Alrighty, I guess I show mention why I asked to meet out here of all places huh? Well...You see I have my hands on an official guild request even though we're not per say a guild yet." Lisa said as she calmly walked back towards the water, pulling a rolled up paper from her little satchel." The quest is to get an item back from a small monster den that lies on the other side of these falls. It's a simple goblin den, something I'm sure we're capable of handling. So that's our first quest together should you accept!" The little elf said turning around and offering a closed eyed smile towards the others, the quest in question sitting in her hands.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:30 am

"Thank me ..?" Ally seemed taken aback by his words, she hadn't quite expected his gratitude.. at all. "U-uhm.. well, you're welcome, Muko." She smiled softly and looked at the ground. She hadn't really done anything, Lisara is the star of the show.. yet, Ally didn't say anything, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at the water.

Sayori was certain those were the people she was looking for now, and stepped out of the bushes. "Shining Stars..?" She asked, with a light japanese accent.

PieHostage3_14

Post by PieHostage3_14 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Melech snuffed out the flame as Muko's clothes were now dry. He took them off the branch and tossed them towards him. "There, they're dry big guy." Looking down at his hand, he saw that the bandages were soaked through. Dammit. Every time with this. He sat down and, once again, unwound the bandages from around his hand before digging a fresh roll out from his robes. Guild? Seems like they were more a group of misfits. They have a short elf, a fairy, a bastard half-demon, some sort of knight, and himself. A rather motley crew. He looked up when Lisara had mentioned the guild request. "Goblins?" he said with a sneer. "Those ugly green bastards can't handle a drink, let alone put up much resistance."

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:31 pm

"Excuse me.." Sayori spoke up again, "Is this where Shining Stars is?" Her voice was gentle and smooth like honey. "I was looking to join that guild.. and I believe the meeting was going to be here." The blonde looked around, her ears twitching.