Fallen Star (Actual Trash)

Monika
Casual Mod

Fallen Star (Actual Trash)

Post by Monika » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:11 pm

There was a bright flash in the sky, followed by a streak of light, careening towards the ground. It narrowly missed a building and slammed into an alley, causing a large crater. There was a strange, four winged woman in the middle of the crater. She had what seemed to be a glowing silver liquid running out from under her slowly. She was unconscious and wounded. There didn't seem to be anything else in the crater. It seemed she just fell out of the sky. Her wings seemed to have been broken from the impact, and the white dress she wore was tattered and bloody.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Actual Trash

Re: Fallen Star (Actual Trash)

Post by Actual Trash » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:05 am

A crowd had begun to form, as they tended to at the slightest drama in the neighborhood. Though, this most recent event could hardly be called slight.

The local police had set up barricades 5 feet from the crater, and were currently bent on keeping the curious bystanders back while they waited for backup and the hazmat team. After all, no one could really make heads or tails of it, and law enforcement wasn’t keen on letting anyone near the strange silver pool at its center. That hardly beginning to describe their feelings about the figure it was emanating from. It couldn’t be real... right? To admit there was something that bore an extreme resemblance to an angel amongst them, that would have just been stupid. No matter what it was, the amount of damage it had caused made it immediately pegged as dangerous.

A single figure among the crowd stood out. Not due to significant height or build. No, it had something to do with the jackal mask that covered the upper half of his face, the eyes darkened and inscrutable, rimmed with red designs. Despite this, and the rest of his odd attire, people seemed to take no notice. The crowd parting around him like water flowing by a rock as he walked forward.

With a final step, he was at the edge of the barricade, and with a tip of his head, slipped right past the policemen guarding it. Not one spared him a second glance, their eyes sliding over him and then away without any spark of acknowledgement. Striding to the edge of the crater, the man stared down into it, letting out a low whistle.

“No wonder the Veil is in shreds... quite the dramatic entrance.”

With a hop-skip, he was down into the crumbling earth and pavement, weight shifting with each step over the shifting rubble. At the edge of the pool of silver, he paused for a bare second, before stepping into it and crouching beside the figure.

“Hellooo... Are you alive?” He asked, head moving presumably in inspection now that he had a closer look, his arms resting on his knees.
"I am no longer Trash Lord. I have become the actual Dumpster Sovereign." -Actual Trash

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:15 am

The woman had a large wound in her chest. Her eyes opened weakly, looking up towards him. The pure silver irises matched both her hair and the pool of blood getting bigger beneath her. She was noticeably still in pain from the way she was breathing, and the distressed look on her face as she tried to move. Her gaze moved from him to around a little, seeing glimpses of the figures outside of the crater.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:22 am

The man’s mouth, just about the only visible part of his features, quirked in mild surprise when the angelic being’s eyes opened. Following her gaze, he ‘hmm’ed.

“As much as I’d love to give you a proper greeting, the circumstances dictate that will have to wait...” He murmured. Leaning forward, he reached behind his head. With a tug, the leather cord holding his mask in place fell loose, and his other hand caught the strange mask. He lifted it away from his face, revealing the rest of his angular features, before carefully placing it on the woman’s and retying the cords.

“With the Veil in the state it is, I’ll need to transport you elsewhere before medical can be called. I know you’re likely in pain, but bear with me. Pardon...” he continued. Then, slow but steady, he slipped an arm under her shoulders and the under her knees, before gently rising to his feet.

As he stepped out of the crater, the police line began to take notice.

“Hey! How did you get down there!? What are you doing?!” One exclaimed, half startled and half angry. The crowd parted as the stranger trudged passed them, staring after him as he ignored the policemen. They continued to call out, but couldn’t abandon their posts as the crowd pushed forward. All their attention shifted when someone yelled “Oi, where’d the creature go!?!”.

When later questioned, no one would be able to really describe the stranger in anything but weirdly vague terms. All except his strange silver earrings...
"I am no longer Trash Lord. I have become the actual Dumpster Sovereign." -Actual Trash

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:37 am

The woman had looked back towards the strange, wingless man as he addressed her. She wanted to say something, but she felt she didn't have the strength for it. She became even more confused at the situation when he took the object off of his head, exposing his face. That wasn't entirely what confused her. It was when he placed it on her instead. She closed her eyes again when he started to pick her up. She let out a pained sound, her wings hanging limply. The pain was extreme, mostly because of the condition her wings were in, and nearly passed out. All she could really do was lean her head against him. She would have to try to find out where she was, after she could focus enough to speak.

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:03 am

Reyes glanced down at the creature as he walked, putting distance between them and the tear. Thankfully, his mask’s properties had allowed him to get them out before the unstable energies of the area began to effect his magical items.

All the M.I.A members members in the area would likely be too busy preparing to take over the operations on the crater and begin repairs on the Veil as soon as possible, and prevent any further human tampering. Heaven forbid one of them get a sample of the creature’s blood, that would be a whole new mess to cover up.

A noise from the creature drew his attention back to them, and Reyes eyed them again. What kind of creature was this, to have caused such a powerful disturbance to rend the Veil and destabilize such a wide area... Their appearance matched some of the ones in the old tomes, and the ancient depictions humans had for the beings known as “angels”. But years in the M.I.A had taught him that nothing in the real world of magic was ever that simple. Plus, humans had a way of bending the truth, and all mentions of angels were far too wrapped in religious context to be taken as documented fact.

“Just what are you...?” He murmured aloud. By the look of things, it would be a while before they- she...? Could answer. And, it was likely he wouldn’t be getting much assistance on this mission. This was far too big to hand off to any of the smaller branches. He needed to keep this creature, this woman, alive until he reached Headquarters. There she would have the best chance of finding someone who could communicate with and treat her properly. It would take days though, and she needed help now.

With a quiet huff, Reyes abruptly turned down an ally and ducked into a run down looking apartment building. Up two flights of stairs while being careful not to tread on the delicate wings, and he shouldered his way inside one of the apartments that had a paper talisman hanging on the door. It closed behind him, and a quiet fell over them, all noise from the nearby buildings and road dying away. With a few quick steps, he entered a wide, sparsely furnished room and gently bent, sitting the creature down in an upright position. He was wary of laying her on her back, for obvious reasons, but wasn’t sure if she could support herself.

Reaching up, He untied and removed his mask from her face, setting it beside him while his other arm remained under her shoulders. “Can you understand me? Can you stay like this on your own?” He asked briskly, voice resuming a normal volume. Evidently he was confident this place was safe. Safer than before anyway.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:15 am

She didn't know how long it took for them to get to the destination. She had drifted in and out of consciousness, and was briefly aware of the sensation of going upwards. The bits she had seen of the other beings on this world, told her that they all were wingless. A part of her felt bad for them, not knowing what it was like to fly. The other part of her realized that she was being taken somewhere by one of the beings. She started to get concerned about what was going to happen to her, and she wouldn't be able to fight back.

Her eyes opened again when she felt herself being sat down. She looked up towards him weakly when he addressed her. The language was strange to her, but she was able to understand either way. She nodded lightly as she tried to prop herself up, but she didn't have the strength to keep herself up. He didn't seem so bad, though..

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am

Reyes watched her reaction carefully. She could understand him it seemed, that much was good. Her efforts to support herself proved futile however, and he frowned in thought. On reconsideration, her eased her down onto one side, so her wings would be spared her weight but he could still gain access to the wound in her chest. He disappeared into another room for a moment, returning with a plain wooden box. Sitting down beside the angelic creature, he loosened his tie and rolled up his sleeves before opening the box of some would think unconventional first aid items. This safe house was only meant for short term use, so that was to be expected.

Taking a few ready paper talismans and bandages from the box, he tied his bangs back with a small scrap of cloth and set to work. Delicately, he pealed back the tatters of the dress from the wound. It appeared to be a cut, deep and ragged. Being unsure of this creature's physiology as he was, and rather untrained in the healing arts, there was only so much he could do... Still, it was this or let her bleed to death, so perhaps she would pardon the shoddy first aid if she survived.

"Try not to move too much." he muttered, leaning down and pressing a large gauze square to the widest part of the wound. A beat late, he supposed that statement was unnecessary, given her current state.

"I'll try to be quick." he corrected, glancing at her face as he grabbed one of the talismans. Comforting words were never his strong suit, but he doubted she cared at the moment. Pressing the talisman, inscribed with the runes of "flow" and "pause" on it, on top of the gauze, he held it there while using another piece to clean the surrounding area as best he could, deft fingers working with, if not gentleness, precision at least. Finishing by taping both talisman and gauze down with medical tape, he leaned back. The flow of silver liquid from the wound had ceased, though "rough" would hardly do his ministrations justice.

"My apologies, I fear it will leave you with a scar." he commented dryly.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:07 am

Being moved onto her side caused her to wince. She closed her eyes for a moment as he moved to the other room, letting out pained breaths. Her eyes opened again when she heard him return, looking up towards him a little. She winced when he moved the cloth, and then pressed something against the wound, causing her to let out a slight, pained whimper. She wasn't entirely sure what he was doing, or what the papers were for, but she figured it was to help the wound, especially with his comment after. "T..thank... you..." she finally was able to say, though relatively weakly, laying her head back against the floor.

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Reyes blinked as the creature spoke, slightly surprised. So she knew the language as well... that certainly saved some time. Reaching over to a cupboard, he withdrew a folded blanket and placed it beside the angelic being. Opening his mouth to speak, a sudden banging interrupted whatever he had to say. Calmly enough, his head turned to the door as the banging repeated. A slight crease appeared between his dark brows.

"I didn't expect them to notice so soon-" he paused mid sentance, glancing down at the silver stained cloth and floor. 'Ah. They must be attracted by this creature's blood...' he thought, running a hand through his hair and pulling the tie free with the movement. Eying the winged woman, he scooted back and leaned against one wall, an arm draped over a half bent leg.

"We'll have to depart as soon as dawn breaks. The spirits here are agitated by blood, though yours seems to have drawn them quicker than most. The wards should hold for for a while though." he stated. The door rattled again, though not dangerously so, and his gaze drifted back to it. More paper charms lined the frame and were secured at every possible entry point of the apartment, but they weren't meant to withstand a long term battering of this kind.

After several more moments of silence broken only by the creature's breathing and the occasional rattle "...Do you have a name?" came the question. Though seated, the man did not seem eager to let his guard down, attention still on the thick wooden door.