Re: {Beautiful Death} Second Chances

Post by Beautiful Death » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:02 am

(Marked!)
The Sound of Silence

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Four years ago today Brooklyn remembered the day perfectly she had left Andre. Her best friend and sister had picked her up, both being supportive of her choices, even when she accepted a job in the big city they had bothed moved her here, and even with her sloppy relationships after Andre they were always there.

But today she couldn't think about that. As she looked herself in the mirror she smiled a little, because today she was a different woman, today she had accepted a promotion that would change her life forever. And she was going to go out and have some fun, as she turned away from the mirror she grabbed her jacket to complete her outfit of a small black dress and red high heels, slipping it on as she left her building she hailed down a taxi.

Getting to the bar Brooklyn waited outside for her sister and friends, once everyone had shown up they had entered as a group. Laughing and talking as they were lead to a booth Brooklyn ordered a round of shots for everyone while they settled into their seats, Brooke was on the end as she liked to dance after a few shots anyways and wouldn't be sitting all night.

Beautiful Death
Bronze

Post by Beautiful Death » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:41 am

The current bartender was smiling and seemed very polite, she called out, "Hey boss! Time for my break." The man walking around nodded, "Alright, just go get Johnny to take over when you clock out."

They nodded and gave them their shots before clocking out.

A guitar started to sound, "I'm looking at you through the glass
Don't know how much time has passed
Oh God, it feels like forever
But no one ever tells you that forever feels like home
Sitting all alone inside your head
'Cause I'm looking at you through the glass
All I know is that it feels like forever
When no one ever tells you that forever feels like home
Sitting all alone inside your head...." the guitar paused.

The crowd by the stage cheered as the guitar started again and that amazing, smooth voice sung, "How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget, you don't expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes initialized
And folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You can't expect a bit of hope
And while you're outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what you're staring at is me
'Cause I'm looking at you through the glass
All I know is that it feels like forever
Sitting all alone inside your head
How much is real? So much to question
An epidemic of the mannequins
Contaminating everything
When thought came from the heart
It never did right from the start
Just listen to the noises
(No more sad voices)
Before you tell yourself
It's just a different scene
Remember it's just different from what you've seen
I'm looking at you through the glass
And all I know is that it feels like forever
Sitting all alone inside your head." Andre sung his guitar in the perfect rhythm.

Andre looked up at the bar, basically looking for any more guests interested, but one caught his eye....Brooke, he started slowing down ending the song. He spoke in the mic, "Quick break everyone, thank you so much." He let his friends take over, he ran towards her, "Brooke...?"
The Sound of Silence

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:46 am

Brooke had gotten a few shots down before she heard that sweet, smooth voice. Her body froze as she stared straight ahead, her eyes went wide as her sister looked back at her and mouthed,'Shit.'

As Brooklyn heard him excuse himself from the stage she didn't expect him to come over to her table. But when his voice was much, much more closer than it had been before Brooke knew she couldn't ignore him. Standing up she forced a smile on her face,"Andre.."she nodded slightly before she picked up another shot and downed it,"excuse me.."she mumbled as she tried passing him, his not now, she thought, she was already tipsy and having the man she had always been in love with standing only a foot away from her, looking really good she might add, wasn't going to end well.

Beautiful Death
Bronze

Post by Beautiful Death » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:06 am

He frowned, but stopped her softly, "Brooke...are...you okay enough to talk...? Ive been wanting to talk to you for three years now...I'd say four, but....we know what happened..." He gently sighed, "I hated how we left off, but I know what I did was unacceptable. You....honestly deserved so much better..." He smiled lightly before brushing his hair back sighing, "You were the love of my life...practically you were what gave me life back then....but I threw you away and for that I'm truly sorry, could you ever forgive an idiot like me...?"
The Sound of Silence

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:59 pm

Brooke felt her heart stop at his words before she shook her head,"And how am I to believe you?"She asked as she turned to face him,"you hurt me. You hurt me badly Andre. "She then moved once again heading towards the bar as she shook her head again, damn him she thought before she switched directions and headed for the exit. As she stepped out into the cold night she looked around before leaning against the wall, taking a few deep breaths as she did.

Beautiful Death
Bronze

Post by Beautiful Death » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:18 pm

"Brooke?" Alan asked from his car, "Hey, you doing okay? I'm guessing you saw big bro huh..." He got out of his Dodge Charger, "I was waiting to pick him up, but you seem hurt...did he say something?"
f2c671af9b4d208933315ec6fb8d306f.jpg
f2c671af9b4d208933315ec6fb8d306f.jpg (152.06 KiB) Viewed 276 times
The Sound of Silence

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Brooklyn stood up when she saw Alan, a small smile came to her lips as she shook her head,"No it's nothing... "she looked him over before laughing a little,"You've grown, how have you been?"she asked as she tried to pull her mind away from Andre.

Beautiful Death
Bronze

Post by Beautiful Death » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:24 pm

"I've been okay, on my college break right now." He adjusted his glasses, he looked to her and sighed, "You know....well I'm sure you don't want to hear it right now, but....Andre went to rehab and had AA meetings for the past few years." She pulled out a wallet, "He leaves his wallet with me so he doesn't have cash to buy a drink in the bars he sings at, his friends help me keep tabs on him too..." He pulled out a pin, an AA year sober pin, "He's changed...."
The Sound of Silence