The Mundane Life of High Schoolers

EyesOfIce

Re: The Mundane Life of High Schoolers

Post by EyesOfIce » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:21 pm

"Aw, look at you being such a gentleman." Lilli laughed, appreciating his kindness. "Now, how about we go and see what we've got, huh?" She smiled once again, then she looped her arm through one of his and hugged so that it was nice and snug. "So, are you a fruity candy person or a chocolate candy person?" She questioned as they walked through the parking lot.

"Personally when I go to the movies I like to get chocolate covered gummy bears and a small popcorn and I mix it all together." She explained with a bit of a laugh and a shrug. Honestly, she wanted to know all about Finn. They had only just really met that day, but the more time she spent with him, the more she liked talking with him.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:17 am

Mari quickly picked up on Ciel's crush, watching as the dark-haired girl stared at Ridley. "Earth to Ciel? Helloooo?" Mari finally tapped Ciel on the shoulder. "Enough staring. She already noticed you watching her all the way from the stage." Mari giggled, pointing to Ridley, who was looking at Ciel. "Seems like somebody has fallen and can't get up!" She teased, whispering to Ciel.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:29 am

Ciel felt like her whole face had been engulfed by flames as Mari noted her little crush on the older teen. The blush on her cheeks was almost as worse as it could get, that is until Mari noted that Ridely herself was watching her state. That was when it felt like a volcano had erupted and Ciel face was red from ear to ear. Upon instinct the young nerd pulled her hood over her head trying to attempt to hide the embarrassment of being caught. Her breathing became a little rapid as Mari poked a little fun at her crush on the bad girl.

" I...I...I..ca-can't he-help it....Rid...Ride...Ridely....was...so amazing. Is am-ama-amazing...What...what do I do?" Ciel looked frantically towards Mari hoping that girl had a magical answer about what to do. It was embarrassing that her crush had caught her staring and even worse that she was blushing so brightly around so many people. From beneath her glasses the young Ciel couldn't help but sneak nervous glances towards the girl. She was older than her by a few years at least and was one of those bad girl types. What hope did a little computer nerd at gaining her eye?
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:38 am

"Relax, Ciel. You're my friend now so I'll help you out. First.. calm down. You need to calm your blush or else you might find a picture of ms tomato-ciel on the net by tomorrow because someone thought it would e funny. Secondly, seeing the way Ridley is looking at you, she might feel it's a good idea to approach you, ms tomato, and talk. So if you don't want to completely be obvious, try regaining your composure. If it really gets to the point in your conversation with Ridley in which you have lost the ability to speak, I will handle the situation and get you out of here. If it goes well I'll leave you to handle her by yourself. You can do it."

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Ciel's lips curled into a tiny smile when Mari stated that she was her friend and that she'd help her out. Her family would laugh at the motion that their Ice Princess had a friend a crush for that matter too. The teen looked up at her friend from beneath her hood and nodded along with what she said. Slowly she took deep breaths, in and out. A few moments of this helped to quell the fire burning in her cheeks by a good bit. They were more like a light pink color now and now where near the crimson shade they were." Wh-what...if she doesn't com-come over...? My legs feel li-like jello right now." Ciel mumbled a bit as she slowly slid her hood off, feeling it was safe enough to not have to hide her cheeks.

Shifting in her seat the gaming nerd closed her laptop and tried breathing a bit more. Feeling her body calm down and the adrenaline leaving her system making her less wiry." Thank...you for...helping Mari...I...I..I'm not..that good with people..." Ciel spoke letting her new friend see the appreciative smile that had formed on her lips.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Mari gave her a bright smile, putting her hand on Ciel's for a moment for additional comfort. "You'll be okay Ciel. Fiest you let yourself calm down completely. If she doesn't come over we will take a seat across from her and I'll order us two a pair of French Vanilla hot chocolates while you can talk to Ridley. If it gets too much you can shoot me a text. I'll give you my number." With that Mari waited for Ciel to get out her phone before telling her her number. "Just introduce yourself first, maybe mention seeing her in school and compliment her singing. If you get flustered, just inhale for 4 seconds, hold your breath for 5 seconds and exhale for 4 again. It's a shortened version of a breathing technique. It would be too obvious to do it all the way, so just do the 4-5-4 rule." Mari tried to help.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Ciel felt the rest of her nervous energy leaving her body after Mari held her hand reassuringly. She began following the 4 5 4 rule and felt the last of the heat leave her cheeks. Looking up towards the ceiling Ciel felt quite a bit better and was ready to at least try to talk to her crush. It was a prime chance seeing she was alone and all. Pulling out her small smartphone the young girl proceeded to put Mari's number into her phone and texting the girl so she'd have her number as well. Deciding to take a few deep breaths, Ciel managed to sneak a small glance at Ridley. The shy girl even managed to convince her body to wave at the older girl, hoping it wouldn't appear weird or anything.

Apophis
God Chaos of Serpents

Post by Apophis » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:45 pm

As Will drove, his eyes kept moving from the road to the slowly decreasing red number on the dash, Will appearing to become more nervous the lower the number got. The number had gotten as low as .3 as the car rolled into the service station, Will pulling the car next to a pump. He let out a relieved sigh then reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, since his tablet was showing GPS directions. He opened his door as he typed in his phone, then showed the phone to Chloe, "Would you like anything?"
"Step one, crawl inside. Step two, the screws go tight, all round. Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in your eye."

chloeblue76

Post by chloeblue76 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:25 pm

"No, thank you." Chloe replied after reading the text. She pulled out her phone and scrolled through a chat log, occasionally typing something into her phone while waiting for Will.
[Insert long, unnecessary signature here]

Apophis
God Chaos of Serpents

Post by Apophis » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Will nodded and closed the door after him, then walked into the station and immediately to the beverage cooler. He looked up and down the wall, and after a moment decided on a 64 ounce lemon-lime Gatorade. As he walked to the counter he pulled out his phone again and typed, "Rest on 3, keep the change."
As he reached the counter he set the drink down, pulled out his wallet, placed two $20 bills and one $5 on the counter, as well as his phone face up.
Will walked out of the store and to the back of the car, and lifted the hatchback and removed the lid from the fuel cell. He then picked up the nozzle, pressed the 93 button and began filling the fuel cell. He uncapped his Gatorade and took a long drink, then capped it again as he watched the cell fill. After several moments, Will pulled the nozzle from the cell and replaced the nozzle, then the lid and closed the hatchback. He walked back to the driver seat and stepped in, then turned the key, the number which read .3 as they reached the station now read 72.3. Will closed the door the typed on his phone, "Wanna get high?" then showed the screen to Chloe.
"Step one, crawl inside. Step two, the screws go tight, all round. Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in your eye."