The Mundane Life of High Schoolers

Wanderlusst
Silver

Re: The Mundane Life of High Schoolers

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Ridley had walked inside the coffee shop. Her eyes scanned the place before she found a place to sit down, ordering a tea as she did before she leaned back. Ridley wasn't one to usually come to these kinds of places, her scene was more of parties or hanging out at the ice cream shop. But tonight Ridley decided she would give something new a try.

As her gaze dropped on two girls she noticed from school a small smile came across her lips before she turned away, maybe she could chat them up later.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 pm

A small grin tugged at Ciel's lips as she managed to figure out the code and finish in record time. Her older brother Crow was growing more lax with these things, that or her skills now outdid his own. Hopefully the later because then she could brag about being better at something finally. For the first time in hours those dark blue eyes left the laptop screen just to secretly settle on a girl sitting at her table. How long had this girl been sitting here, why was she sitting here? Questions like that seemed to flood the short nerd's mind as she grew a bit nervous. Dealing with people face to face wasn't an easy thing no matter who they were. It would trigger nervousness which would cause anger because she didn't know why she was so nervous.

Two things caught her eye though, one was the drink of choice the girl had. Each different drink at this cafe had its own unique container they serve it in. This girl had one of her favorite French Vanilla hot chocolates, marked by the colorful FV on the side. Two, the merch that the girl was wearing was from game. So she was a cute girl, with taste and culture. For some reason that scared Ciel but for some reason it helped to make her comfortable. Since this girl seemed to be of her kind of people." I...see your a girl...of culture and taste...as well. I-I'm Ciel, mind if I ask who..you are and why you sat here of all places?" Ciel spoke with a much softer voice than what she used in school. Her eyes drifting from the merch to the cup and then to the girl. Sadly her cheeks had a bit of color which she tried to hide by using the open laptop as cover.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Marilla's eyes stopped wandering the coffee shop and she looked at Ciel with a certain feeling of surprise. "Oh, I don't mind at all! My.. name is Marilla, but you may call me Mari. " The blonde offered Ciel a soft smile. "The coffee shop was filling up and when I came here most seats were taken by strangers.. and I kinda see you around school sometimes, so it's not as bad in my opinion.." Mari shrugged a bit. "Video games are pretty much my life next to music, so you could say I am quite cultured" She joked, giggling. "It's nice to meet you." Marilla noticed the light pink tint on Ciel's cheeks before she was able to hide it and her smile brightened a bit. How adorable!

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 am

Ciel silently nodded along with Marilla, seeing the logic and reason about why she chose to sit over here. It was a bit of a releif that she sat over here instead of someone else to be honest. Atleast it was someone she felt somewhat okay with having a conversation. The young nerd even found herself giggling a little at the little joke Mari made, which was a bit odd for her. Internally she cursed herself for acting out of the ordinary and without knowing why." It's umm..nice meeting you Mari. Well I'm glad...you sat here..instead of someone else.." Ciel managed to get out feeling the stupid heat in her cheeks rising, having tint all the way to her ears now.

The short raven haired girl softly reached for her drink and took a nice long sip, letting the lovely flavor course through her and warm her up. For some reason it tasted better with company..." Soooo...what kinds of games are you into?" Ciel asked trying to not allow an awkward silence to appear, while at the same time sneaking glances at Mari. It was official, as much as she hated admitting it, she was shy and eye contact scared her a little. Thankfully the anger didn't hit her like usual.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 am

"Hmmm... well honestly I prefer either comedies or horror." Lilli chuckled think about how Renna absolutely refused any horror based thing. "But no mushy gushy romance. I'd rather live it than see it." She admitted with a bit of a shrug. "How about you? What are you into?" She questioned.

After becoming very frusterated, Abby packed up his violin and left his house to head for the nearby park. He hoped that a little fresh air and beautiful nature would help clear his head and make it so that he could produce beautiful melodic sounds.

Once you reach the park he pulled out a checkered blanket and laid it out underneath a tall tree with ample shade. Then he pulled out his violin and began to tune it before he started to random we play different sounds making up the melody as he went along.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 am

Finn nodded at her response,"I like action movies,"He answered as he pulled into the parking lot and found a space. As he turned the car off he turned towards her with another grin,"How about we see something with action then?"He figured that would be safest type of movie to see.

-----

Ridley thanked the waitress when she came by with her tea. Once she had a few sips and she was relaxed she listened to a few people sing on the mic before laughing and shaking her head, man where was the talent? She thought as she stood up and headed for the sign up sheet.

She then waited for her turn as she sipped on her tea until she heard her name being called. As she got up on stage she thanked the host before taking the mic, as the words and the music began Ridley started to sing,"There was a time when I was alone
Nowhere to go and no place to call home
My only friend was the man in the moon
And even sometimes he would go away, too

Then one night, as I closed my eyes
I saw a shadow flying high
He came to me with the sweetest smile
Told me he wanted to talk for awhile
He said, "Peter Pan, that's what they call me
I promise that you'll never be lonely, " and ever since that day

I am a lost boy from Neverland
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook
"Run, run, lost boy, " they say to me
Away from all of reality

Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free

He sprinkled me in pixie dust and told me to believe
Believe in him and believe in me
Together we will fly away in a cloud of green
To your beautiful destiny
As we soared above the town that never loved me
I realized I finally had a family
Soon enough we reached Neverland
Peacefully my feet hit the sand
And ever since that day

Away from all of reality

Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy Darling
Even Captain Hook, you are my perfect story book
Neverland, I love you so
You are now my home sweet home
Forever a lost boy at last

Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy Darling
Even Captain Hook, you are my perfect story book
Neverland, I love you so
You are now my home sweet home
Forever a lost boy at last

And for always I will say

Away from all of reality

And lost boys like me are free..
"

As the song ended she headed off the stage and back to her seat.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:32 pm

"That sounds good! Hopefully they'll have something that seems interesting enough. Sometimes they don't have good movies playing. Honestly it seems like they all get released at the same time." Lilli said, repositioning in the seat so that she was facing Finn. Then she smiled a bit. "I have a pretty good feeling about tonight." She said earnestly, clasping her hands together and laughing a bit. She really had never been on a date, but if they were anything like Abby described to her she knew that this would be atleast somewhat fun. However Abby was a bit of a crazy romantic who liked to go all out when it came to love and dates.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:04 pm

"Oh you know, I've played all kinds. From ego-shooters to puzzle games and horror series. There is no game that I will have mercy on. From Playerunknown's Battlegrounds to The Elder Scrolls to Stardew Valley and Resident Evil.." She joked, winking at Ciel. "So what kind of games do you play? I know you must have good taste by the merch you're wearing." Marilla slowly sipped her French vanilla hot chocolate. Yum! It tasted even better when talking about games with what she could assume is possibly gonna become a friend of hers.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Ciel actually found herself smirking through her blush as Marilla claimed to be a player of so many games. Most of them were decent titles that she had played herself, others weren't really her style. Her kind was more RPG and games like Dynasty Warriors, stuff like that. It felt good though to meet someone who enjoyed gaming as her hobby as well. Mari's final comment actually had the short nerd blushing just a tiny bit more.

" Well...I play things along the line of WoW, Mass Effect hence my jacket. I also love historical games live Dynasty Warriors and Bladestorm. I don't do well with horror genres despite finding them fun." Ciel recounted smiling, thinking about the titles and lessons she learned playing them all. When it came to gaming she had actually learned some pretty important life lessons from a few of her favorite titles. She was actually going to ask another question when a voice shut her up completely. The sound of a beautiful singing voice filled her ears and forced the young teen to turn towards the stage of the cafe.

There stood a lovely young girl who seemed to be doing more than just singing. Having a voice like that should be a crime. The voice wasn't the only reason Ciel was staring though, it was because the one singing was the beautiful Ridley. A girl that the freshman had been crushing on since she saw her about a year ago. A girl that was way out of the young nerd's league and someone she had absolutely no chance with. Simply watching her made Ciel's face turn a bright shade of crimson, almost forgetting her company. Ciel couldn't take her eyes off of Ridley as she performed, being in complete awe of her voice.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Finn grinned as she agreed to the idea. Quickly he unbuckled and got out to hurry over to her side. As he pulled open the door helped her out,"Hoping so,"He added at her last comment about this being fun. Finn didn't really give dates ideas, or take girls out for that matter. His idea was more stay at home with a movie and make out on the couch.

But something about Lilli made Finn want to go all out and impress her. He wanted this go great so there would be more times like these with her.

-----

Once the song finished Ridley felt her face flush as she got off the stage. As was greeted by a few people who told her what an amazing singer she was, Ridley laughed it off a little and just told them she could be better.

As she headed back to her seat. She slid inside the booth, keeping her eyes down she could feel someone gazing at her. As she slowly raised her head to peek she saw only one set of eyes, from a girl who was across the café. Ridley regonzied her from the many classes she hardly attended, Ciel, was her name. She was a pretty girl who had caught her eye a few times but Ridley ran with a different crowd so it was hard to get to speak with the girl.

Tell my enemies remember me, as long as they live. ~Honey Cocaine