Survival

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Re: Survival

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 am

Adria looked around the beach as she heard yelling in the distant, were there others? She wondered, taking one step forward Adria tried putting pressure on her sore leg which ended up with her crying out in pain as she dropped to the sand. Looking down at the wound she frowned, Oh Levi where are you? She thought as she looked around for her husband, after a few moments Adria put her head in her hands as she realized he probably wasn't here.

Letting out a muffled scream Adria couldn't believe this. As she dropped her hands she pounded on the beach, throwing sand around as her hands came up. As she did she swore in her mother tongue.
A youngin still ain't die
But let me thank destiny I'm still alive. ~Honey Cocaine

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:46 am

Jason’s arms and shoulders burned and he started to sweat but he persisted. He finished another thirty compressions then two breathes and started the cycle again. He is trying to save a teenage boy. However ten minuets of CPR and no responses. No heartbeat, no breathing. The sun’s heat crashed on his back. His black shirt dried quickly from the salt water but quickly became wet again from his labour.

Another five minutes passed and there is still no response. When his arms gave in he stopped. Dropped on his back and closed his eyes. This was meant to be a break. A nice cruise but someone had to stuff it up. The sand slightly shifted under his weight.

When he heard someone screamed he immediately stood up and looked around. Along the beach shore, other survivors scattered along the sand line. Jason quickly devised a plan. He would gather all the survivors and get some order going. No one is going to survive on their own on this island. Especially when there is aa rainforest that size further inward of the hinterland. He grabbed the teenage body and propped him over his shoulder and started walking along the beach shouting, “everyone come to me!”

Cartia swam from the sea water, finallly making it’s land. She limped to the beach out of exhaustion. When she cleard the water she sat on the wet sand breathing heavily. A few seconds of gathereing herself. She patted herself. Surprisingly she still had her concealed pistol in its holster and her knife. A bit of relief fell upon her as she stood up and looked up. Just a little further in she found someone else. A short blackhaird like herself sitting on the sand. She slowly walked towards her ingoring her screaming and thrashing around. Can’t blame her.
Fearlessness doesn’t exist. But taking action in spite of fear creates heroes.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:01 am

Adria felt hopeless as she sat there, After a few moments of cursing the high heavens, she had calmed down. As Adria stared at her leg she tried to think of something that would help her move, that's when she noticed the movement out of the corner of her eye. Lifting her head in hope it would be Levi, she was greeted instead by the sight of another woman.

Brushing some hair from her eyes the woman looked the other one over before asking,"You came from the cruise too?" Adria knew that was probably a dumb question, but to be honest she was in some sort of shock.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:55 am

Curtis turned hearing someone calling to find others just down the beach, he breathed out and stumbled forward falling back to the sand. His panting became slower and he began to feel calm and as he goes to stand the Korean woman coolly walks past him as if nothing had happened. He watches her for a moment before standing and walking over still looking terrified. The rainforest area next to the beach looked like something from that show Lost to him and he prayed that there wasn't a creepy smoke monster or anything lurking within.

"W-what happened? Where are we?" he ask nearing the man that had called out noticing the young boy he was carrying. He thought it odd, but he shrugged away the thought assuming that whoever this was could at least help.

Ember on the other hand walked up to the man and nodded coolly at him before looking to the forested area. Something about it seemed peaceful and a hint of a smile played at her lips, but it disappeared quickly looking down the other side of the beach seeing two women. One was standing and the other looked to be hurt. She focused a little more before pointing to the two girls and speaking in her native tongue "geunyeoneun sangcheo bad-assdago saeng-gaghabnida" she mutters to the two men before lowering her arm and walking ahead to see about helping the woman on the ground.

((quick note I tried to find a good translator from English to Korean but couldn't come up with anything for the moment so I was forced to use Google Translate...I'll do better in the future, but yeah she says that "She's hurt I think"))

Winter
Silver

Post by Winter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Alexandra slowly walked over to the man with someone on his shoulder who had been calling out. Her legs aches under her. Pale skin showing deep ugly bruises all over her skin especially where her clothes were torn form all the people's shoes as he trampled on her. She was surprised she didn’t have anything broken or strained.

Sighing she finally made to the man. “Do you know what we’re going to do?” She asked in a hopeful but timid voice. The shock from everything still pulsing within, adrenaline pumping as more worries filled her head. Her brown soft hair sticking to her cheeks and covered in sand. Her pale cheeks flushed and showing a soft pink from dehydration after being in the salt water for as long as she was.

FlorenceRP
Bronze

Post by FlorenceRP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Emma was finding out that walking was increasingly difficult under the sun, specially with the strain put on her legs from swimming. But for the moment, she focused on the voices instead. One step after the other... and she managed to reach the voices.

You came from the cruise too?

The doctor took a deep breath as she looked at the two women. Her eyes reflexively moved through their bodies, searching for wounds, and she noticed one of them had a bandaged leg. "Your bandage's too tight. It could cut the circulation of b-" Emma realized that she was about to go into full medical babble and turned her tone into a gentler one. "Do you mind if I bandage your leg instead? My name is Emma."
-------

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:13 pm

Adria looked at the woman who called herself Emma as she offered to bandage her leg, she nodded slightly as she knew she didn't have a clue what she was doing,"Please.. I think I was hurt by something off the boat when it blew up.."she said softly as she looked at her bleeding leg.

Adria then lifted her head as she realized she hasn't introduced herself,"I'm Adria..."she said after a few moments,"thank you by the way."

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Cartia slightly smirked. Clearly she wasn’t in shock like most would be. She had been in worse scenarios than this. However that wasn’t going to stop her from helping others. If anything it should be the only thing she should be doing. However she has a mission. Obviously someone had rigged a bomb that killed her squad, her friends and she intends to find out who it is but she has to keep her cover.

She kneeled next to the woman. “I wish I wasn’t.”
She helped the girl sit up then another survivor came along. Cartia eyed the newcomer and ultimately decided there is no threat. When she offered to help Cartia shuffled back a little.

Jason relieved himself a little, noticing people coming towards him. Meaning some people still had some sense after the traumatic cruise. A man, his seemed somewhat horrified and confused but that is to be expected. Like himself he is confused and in shock. Battling fires doesn’t prepare you for everything.
Jason replied to the man, “Don’t worry, everything is going to be fine. We just need to gather as many survivors as possible.”

A woman behind him spoke in a foreign tongue that he couldn’t understand but she pointed ahead, to three others down the beach.

Then another spoke up.
“Don’t worry. Let’s just focus on gathering everyone first.”

He continued down the beach expecting to be followed by everyone.
Fearlessness doesn’t exist. But taking action in spite of fear creates heroes.

Winter
Silver

Post by Winter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:43 pm

Alexandra walked alongside Jason after she reached him. His presence in and of itself was a little intimidating and she didn’t want to get on his bad side. Hopefully everyone would stick together. In her mind that was the best way to survive. Large numbers was always a good thing. Her soft brown eyes looked around at those getting up, walking, and all of the wreckage that had floated onto the beach. Her eyes traveled up towards Jason noticing his determination set in his eyes. Sighing she looked down and mumbled over and over that she’d be fine. That she’d get home. She had to get home.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:25 am

Curtis nodded at the man still feeling freaked out about everything, but he was snapped out of his thoughts when the Asian woman spoke in a language that he vaguely knew from one of the movies he had played at the theater back home. "Home...oh god we may never go home" he says loudly as he follows the two women and man to were three other women seemed to be gathered. The whole time all he thought of was his family and friends back home and how he may never see them again, the thought wanted to make him cry but it his eyes seemed to be about the only dry part on his body for the time.

As the four came up to the three he stood back a bit from the group and just looked around not really looking for anything just merely trying not to freak out more then he was feeling.

Ember lead the small group of four and was the first to reach the three, simply nodding at the woman that was attempting to help up the other woman. She just stood in silence looking around keeping an eye out for anyone else, but it seemed for the time being this was it. She turned and walked to the tree line looking over the plants as well at the forest. It was dense to say the least but she could see enough to know that there was a lot more to this island.