(Crash) Life As We Know It

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Re: (Crash) Life As We Know It

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:12 pm

The day dragged on for Dani. By the time she closed up the bakery she was ready to go home and sleep, however Abby had other plans as she pulled up to the curb,"Get in we're going out!"she called.

Dani frowned as she looked down at her baby bump, before she looked up,"Uh I can't?"it sounded more like a question. Abby laughed,"Not for drinks! Dinner, come on pretty lady,"she called through the window. Dani smiled as she hurried over and got inside, as they pulled away from the curb and headed down the street she lifted an eyebrow,"So where we eating?"she asked.

Abby smirked as she pulled up to a fancy Italian restaurant that was just around the corner from the club. As she got out she self consciously pulled at her shirt,"I ain't dressed for this.."she mumbled.

"Who cares? Come on I hear all the fancy pant CEO's and celebrities eat here." As they walked inside Dani's eyes scanned the restaurant,"How are we gonna afford this?"

Abby smirked,"With my new bonus!"she giggled before they were lead to a table. As they sat down, Dani looked at the menu and was about to ask what Abby was gonna get. But was interrupted when Abby spoke up,"So have you seen or talked with Ash?"

Dani sighed,"No.. I haven't.."

"But you miss him?"She asked as she cocked her head a little.

Dani thought for a moment before she nodded,"That one night, I won't ever forget it, it was special... and then our first date, even though everything went wrong that night, the date was perfect. He was perfect."

Abby smiled a little,"You should call him!"she said as she pulled out her phone,"come on!"she handed her the phone.

Dani stared at it for a few moments before she slowly dialed the number. As it rang, her heart started to speed up.

This won’t be our last game, we’re still
HumboldtStrong

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:41 am

Ash had left his phone on the front porch of his brothers home, and as it rang it caught the attention of Daisy, Jamie and Will's German Shepard who began to bark at the annoying beep sound that Ash had picked for his ringer so he would answer quicker. Jamie heard the barking and walked over from pulling up weeds on the small walk way, looking at the phone he rolls his eyes.

"Hello, Ash's phone" Jamie answers with a cheerful tone using his shoulder to hold the phone to his ear as he goes back to work, "This is his brother Jamie can I help ya?" he ask while kneeling down and pulling at a few weeds. All the while as this happens Daisy is right next to him attempting to get Jamie to play.

Ash pulls the truck to a stop near the dock on the lake near Jamie and Will's home, he just sits there for a few minutes just thinking about life and how in the last three months his life has changed so much. The sun glints in shining in his face a little which causes him reach up and pull down the visor only for a old looking pack of cigs to fall down. He chuckles thinking that here he was looking looking like a country man, driving an old pickup, and thinking about the girl that he lost that was with his kid and now he had a pack of cigarettes. Lighting one up he could tell that they were stale, he had smoked before but it was been years.

He leaned back and just hug his arm out of the window and closed his eyes muttering to himself, "Oh...oh...she's gone...sittin here alone, thinkin about what all went wrong..." he sings softly as he just lets the words flow from his mind.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:51 am

Dani's eyes went wide as someone answered. In the background you could hear Abby,"Dani say something!"she whispered loudly across the table. Dani opened and closed her mouth before blurting out,"Sorry wrong number!"she then hung up and tossed the phone across the table.

Groaing softly she banged her head off the table,"I'm so stupid..."she whispered before she looked up at Abby,"It was his brother. Not him."

Abby sighed,"Well we tried right?"

Dani nodded. After the girls finished their meals Abby conviced Dani to go see a movie before they went home. The next morning Dani woke up to morning sickness before she got ready for classes. She had started her second semester a few weeks ago and was expected to graduate this fall.

As Dani made her way into work she was greeted by freshly baked goods. A small smile tugged at her lips as she instantly got a craving for some cookies,"I gotcha little one,"she said to her stomach as she patted it softly.

HumboldtStrong

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:30 am

Jamie raised an eyebrow and shrugged it off putting the phone in his pocket making a mental note to tell Ash later, he figured it was someone prank calling but oh well" Going back to what he was doing.

Ash continued to relax for a bit before he turned the truck back on and headed back to his brother's figuring that it was good to tell them he found and job, as well he was getting hungry and knowing Jamie he had a large meal waiting for him and Will when both got back.

Pulling up the the house he waved at Will, whom looked to have just got home himself. Will was smiled back to Ash but gave a yawn as well. "Hey, man, sorry it's been a long day getting things ready for the new book" The man chuckled rubbing the back of his neck.

"No I understand I remember deadlines and such...oh well I got a job as a bouncer" Ash laughed a little as he and his brother-in-law walk up to the house with the smell of Ham heavy the moment they enter the home.

The night is filled with the three enjoying dinner and just hanging out, the following morning Ash awoke to the sound of his alarm blaring. Groggily he turned over on the couch and turned off the phone then just laid there looking at the ceiling, he thought about the number his brother told him that called. Ash knew it all to well, but the question was, was she calling him or was it an accident.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:32 am

Dani grabbed a few cookies and sat down at a table. As she ate them, she stared at her phone, the same one she had dialed his number on. With each passing moment, her heart sank deeper into her stomach, he didn't even call her back. Maybe his brother didn't say anything? She thought as she chewed on a small bite.

Once she was done she stood up and shoved the phone into her pocket. As she headed into the kitchen she gave her mother a kiss on the cheek before she pulled on her apron and headed to the front to help costumers.

-----

Last night Abby had taken Dani's phone and got the number she had called last night. As she sat down on the couch, she looked around deciding it was safe she pulled out her phone from her sweater pocket and dialed the number. As it rang Abby leaned back and waited, hoping Ash would pick up despite it being an unknown number.

HumboldtStrong

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:01 pm

The suddenness of the phone ringing caused Ash to groan a little and sit up. Grabbing his phone he looked at the screen as a number he didn't know popped up and normally he would answer, but he just shook his head and answered. "Hello?" He asked as he got off the couch and stretched before walking over to the little kitchen and put on a cup of coffee for himself.

"Look if this a telemarketer or someone trying to sell me something save the save your breath because I'm not buying anything, sir or ma'am" he says before anyone could speak.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:29 pm

As soon as Ash asnwered Abby sighed,"Oh now you pick up, hi I'm Abby, a friend of Dani's, look she doesn't know I've called you but listen.. Dani is miserable, she cries alot at night and whenever you are mentioned her face lights up like a fucking christmas tree! You need to come back.. she needs you.."And with that Abby hung up. Not giving him a chance to reply or make an excuse up, oh no she wasn't going to give him the time for that.

----

Dani decided to get off early. As the morning rolled into the afternoon she headed out to do some more baby shopping. As she walked to the baby and me store across the road she hummed a soft tune to keep her mind off of things, well morw like someone. Walking inside she began to look around, some of things were expensive which began to make Dani worry about how much a baby would cost.

HumboldtStrong

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Ash listened both a little confused and a little hurt, why is it she didn't call if she still felt for him. He shook his head and places his phone on the counter. "Dammit" he muttered and poured himself some coffee, moving to sit back down on the couch he pulls up Amazon and begins to scroll through different things for babies. Without a second thought he begins to buy several different things, a crib with a built in camera and monitor, a stroller, toys, and so on, and after entering in his personal bank card information and accepting the total of $2300 dollars he enters in Dani's mom's bakery address to complete the order.

After that was done he leaned back and sent a text to Dani's friend Abby, "Thanks for telling me...I miss her too" he sends the message with a nod and takes a drink of his coffee.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu May 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Abby grinned to herself. Now she would just have to work on Dani, with a small sigh she dailed another number,"Yes hi.."

Meanwhile Dani was just finishing a small shift before she decided to go get lunch with an old friend who had gotten back in town.. As she left the bakery she headed for a fancy Italian place, however as she got closer Dani noticed some people with cameras waiting for her, with a small frown Dani shook her head, never again was she posting anything on social media again. As she walked inside the cameras began to flash as they shot questions at her,"You here to see Ash!?"

"Are you two back together!?"

"Is he really the father!?"

However Dani ignored them as she headed in and let the door close behind her. As she walked inside further she looked around before finding him,"Marcus!"she called as she approached him.

The man stood up with a grin,"Dani, looking fine as ever.."he commented before kissing her cheek and letting her sit down. Dani grinned back,"So do you."

The two chatted and talked through the lunch as they ate. When it was done he insisted on walking her home, which Dani didn't deny.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Laying back on the couch Ash gave a sigh as he covered his face with his arm. Depression filling him as he thinks back to when he first saw Dani after the one night stand, it felt great to see her again and he couldn't help but smile. Now he thought to the fact that Dani's roommate seemed to want to help, hopefully, which means that maybe he did have some chance to see her again or to talk to her again. Even if after the last time seemed like the last that she wanted to see him he still had to try.

Shaking his head he turns over facing to the wall as he closes his eyes and attempts to get some sleep before he begins work tomorrow.