(Crash) Life As We Know It

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Re: (Crash) Life As We Know It

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 am

Dani's lawyer nodded as he turned and smirked at the Judge,"That is all your honor."
The Judge nodded befode he banged on his table,"We will have a recess when we come back we will hear the verdict,"he said before standing up. Dani pushed out of her seat, her hands on her baby bump as she walked over to Heather, as she stopped in front of her, Dani quickly glanced around before leaning down to her height,"I swear to god I will ruin you for this!"she whispered in her ear before her lawyer grabbed her arm.

"Down girl,"he chuckled as he lead her into the hallway, once they were alone he bent his head and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek,"keep up the good work,"before he disappeared down the hall. Dani sighed as she turned and watched a flock of reporters rush towards her.

"Dani ! Dani what do you have to say for yourself?!"one asked.

"I am innocent, my child is innocent, and this whole thing will be resolved today.."

More flashing lights came as she spoke.

"And what about you and Ash?!"another one asked.

"What about us? There was never an us,"she said as she looked for an exit but sge didn't see one yet.

"That's not what some sources say!"one reporter shouted from the back.

Sources? What sources? She wondered as she looked around again, damn she needed to get out of here.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:56 am

Ash stood and watched the exchange between Dani and Heather with a small smile before he walked over to her.

She smacked him in the arm, "You fucking idiot" she mutters walking off with Vince. He just shakes his head and walks out of the room only to be met by his father.

"Well I hope you're proud of yourself, you just lost everything" his father says with anger in his voice, "I'm cutting you off for this...you here me you're no longer my child" he frowns and attempts to walk away, but Ash grabs his arm to stop him.

Looking him dead in the eyes he smirks, "You're a horrible man and I'm honestly glad that you said that because it just proves that you're nothing more then a sorry bitter bastard" he says confidently. In response his father rears back punching him back, luckily before he can do anything else a nearby police officer runs over detaining his father. Ash just rubs the said of his face and shakes his head as the officer pulls away his father.

Ash then just walks away finding a silent spot to sit for the time until the recess is over, he begins to think about what he would do now that his live was seemingly over.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Finding her exit, Dani excused herself. As she pushed from the crowd she came out to see Ash, sitting alone on the bench. Walking over she stopped a few feet away before speaking up,"Bored already?"she asked, crossing her arms a little she looked down at him. Dani was still hurt and felt a little betrayed by Ash for letting this drama get this outta hand, but in a way she also felt guilty for ever entering his life,"Don't worry it will be over soon and then you and Heather can go and live your lives."

Without letting him reply she walked back into the court room. The rest of the case went by smoothly, until the end when Dani stood up with Ash's rights in her hands,"Your honor before this court comes to a desicion, I would like to ask that Ash sign his rights away for the protection of his , mine and.. the baby's well beings. We clearly come from seperate worlds, and as much as I love being around him and seeing him smile, and spending my time with him... I can't allow more drama to come my way. Today was stressful enough.."

The judge looked at Ash,"Your call sir."

For every dark night, there's a brighter day.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:14 am

Ash looked up to Dani as she walked up, she spoke with each word cutting him a little but before he could reply she had walked off again. He continued to sit there for another moment thinking over everything until he was called back the court room, surprised he found Vincent sitting alone at the table and as he explained to Ash Heather had left seeing as she wasn't needed as a witness anymore.

After several minutes the judge spoke followed by Dani. Her words nearly forced him to break and once the judge spoke to him he thought about it, the judge spoke again with a little more sternness in his tone which snapped Ash out of thought and he stood. "I will as long as Dani agrees to accept the three hundred thousand that I have from my own personal account I just want her child to have the best chance it can. As well I would like to think Dani, it's because of this that I am free from the life I was forced to have" he answers in a monotone. He didn't need the money anymore in truth.

He sat back down and thought about the fact that he was free for the first time in his life, no longer under anyone's thumbs.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:51 pm

Dani didn't look at Ash as he spoke. Once it came her turn again, she stayed slient for a few minutes too long that her lawyer ended up whispering in her ear before she snapped from her thoughts,"I don't accept,"was all she said. And with that the Judge called the case closed, Dani wasn't charged or imprisoned but as she walked away, the flashing lights of the media caught her attention.

Dani knew very well that by tomorrow morning there would be more headlines. As she pushed out of the court house, she thanked her lawyer before heading down the steps and towards her own car. As she walked, Dani thought about Ash's words, a part of her, a big part wanted to he with Ash. But a very small part, kept reminding her that she didn't belong in his world.

For every dark night, there's a brighter day.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:03 am

Ash shook his head as Dani denied his offer, he knew that there may be more to the case with that fact but for now Dani was cleared and Ash was...well alone. He shrugged as he exited the courthouse being swarmed by reporters, that was until a hand reached out from the crowd and pulled him away. "Hey what the..." he goes to pull away and curse at the owner of the hand but blinks a few times seeing a man that he hadn't seen in years, "Jamie" he questions.

Jamie was a tall man, even compared to Ash, and looked similar to Ash but his hair was a sandy blond and his skin was naturally tanned. "Hey, little bro, come on" he says pulling Ash along until they reach a Chevy truck with Jamie pushing Ash in before quickly rushing to the drivers side. "So my little brother will be taking no more questions today" he calls out to the reporters before getting in the truck and driving off with a laugh. "Little brother I didn't think you had it in you" he laughs.

Ash was still in a state of shock as he just looked at Jamie, "how?" he ask.

"Meh I'll explain later but the basics of it is mom called told me that you'd been cut off....I have Will and his friend at your apartment getting your things and you're going to stay with us until you can get on your feet...oh right Will is my husband...you'll love him" he smiles warmly.

"O-okay?" confused he shakes his head and just looks out the window in attempts to process everything going on, but his thoughts soon shift to that of Dani and how he had wished for nothing more then to be with her in that moment.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:27 am

When Dani got home she showered and changed before mopping on the couch for the rest of the day..

~Three months later~

"Well the baby is healthy,"the doctor said as she pulled away and took off the gloves she wore. The doctor then handed Dani some tissue so the mother to be could wipe her stomach off, as she did, a grin came to her face,"Awesome so I'm doing everything right?"

The doctor nodded,"Yes. I bet the cardio from getting away from those paparazzi too is helping keep you in shape."

Dani laughed a little,"The only reason they follow me is because I'm still considered to be the mistress of a billionaire who was supposed to get married.." she trailed off as a sad look came across her face.

"Have you talked with the father at all?"

"No."

"Maybe you sh-"

"No,"Dani cut off the doctor as she stood up and grabbed her things,"thanks Doc but me and my jellybean are better off,"she answered. The doctor nodded before writong down a date on a piece of paper,"Alright it's your call. Now here is the next appointment, I will see you in a few more months."

And with that Dani exited the doctor's office and walked back to her mother's bakery. As she walked inside she kept her head down in case there was someone waiting to take her photo,"Hey mom I'm back!"she called out as she headed into the back.

06/04/18HumboldtStrong

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:47 am

~ Three Month Later ~

The morning sun shown through the window of the guest cabin hitting Ash in the face as he lays on the couch that he's called a bed the last few months. He groans and with a yawn gets up, a lot of changed since he moved to the countryside with his brother and his brother's husband. Both Jamie and Will have been accepting of Ash and told him when he first moved with them that he can move into the small cabin on their property, turns out Will was a writer and has been popular in the last several years due to his book saga called Night World Chronicles, Jamie on the other hand was a stay at home husband as he looked after their land and animals.

Ash stretched as he walked to the large window and looked out on the land, it was peaceful and had a small lake just a quarter mile down a path. Sure it was a major step down from his old life but at least here he was free, and speaking of free he stepped away from the window and passed by a mirror. Stopping to look at himself he smirked a little actually enjoying the beard that he had managed to grow, it actually made him look like a country man.

Pulling away from the mirror he moves to get ready for the day by taking a shower in the small bathroom and change into a pair of jeans and a black tank top. Stepping outside he takes in the cool and crisp fresh air, sure it felt nice but the underlining smell of manure was still there which was something he figured he'd get used to. More important things crossed Ash's mind as he knew today was the day that he was going to find a job and begin to rebuild his life.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Dani talked with her mother for a bit before taking over for her. As she sat down on the stool behind the counter, she looked around the empty bakery before pulling out her phone. Looking at her social feeds she sighed softly, the media still was searching for Ash, as she looked up and out the front window she remembered the day he had walked in.

Shaking her head, Dani knew she couldn't think about him, so instead she turned some music on her phone and sang to her stomach, it didn't take long for people to start coming in, giving Dani something to do.

This won’t be our last game, we’re still
HumboldtStrong

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Ash walked up to the main house, a large two story home that was styled to look like a large cabin. Stepping up to the front he sits down on the porch swing where his brother also sat drinking a mug of coffee, neither really spoke just looked out at the early morning land. Soon though Ash stood and Jamie rolled his eyes tossing his brother the keys to his truck, "There's a shirt in the truck you can borrow...give the business world hell, lil brother" he chuckles and stands up himself to begin to do the different things he was supposed to do.

Ash nodded as he walked over to the truck, that looked to be out of place with everything else as it was older and had a few rust spots here and there, as well you could hear the junker coming from a mile away. Getting into the drivers side he reaches over grabbing the shirt Jamie said was in there, which turned out to be a yellow and blue flannel shirt and with a shrug he pulls the shirt on and buttons it up. He takes a moment to roll up the sleeves of the shirt to make it look fashionable before he begins to drive down the dirt driveway.

An hour later Ash comes to a stop down a road he remembers all to well, it was this street that smelt the same as it did back then. A bitter memory caused him to remember that this wasn't the best idea to apply for a job for, but he figured that maybe he could find a job at one of the stores on the street and he could keep watch on Dani, even if she didn't want him to.

Getting out of the truck he begins to go from store to store asking for applications, some of the owners look at him as if they know him but say nothing, others look at him as if he was trouble. One store however, Larry's Bar and Grill, the owner Larry looked Ash up and down and nodded.

"I know who you are and in all honesty it sucks what happened to ya...look I got an open spot here if you want it then you can have it" The owner, Larry, nods and goes to walk back to the bar but Ash manages to stop him.

"Thank you...what is the job though?" he ask a little confused.

"Oh well I need someone that looks tough to be like a bouncer so...I hope you can take a punch because Wednesday night is ladies night and those chicks pack a punch" he laughs walking away leaving Ash standing their with a raised eyebrow. Before he can go to leave, however, one of the serving staff stop him and gives him a makeshift schedule along with a few shirts that say Bouncer.

Ash just chuckles as he walks back on the street and begins to walk back to his truck, but stops looking across the street to the bakery that Dani worked in. He wanted nothing more then to go in there and talk to her, but with how everything happened he just stands there for another moment before turning finding it to be better to just watch from afar.