(Crash) Life As We Know It

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Re: (Crash) Life As We Know It

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Dabi blushed as she got inside the car,"Well yours wasn't too shabby either,"she giggled as she teased him a little. As she buckled up Dani couldn't help but think how nice the night had gone, at the mention of getting her home Dani snapped from her thoughts.

She looked down at the clock on the radio before she leaned back and looked at him,"I guess so..."she whispered before adding,"unless you want to make one more stop? Maybe for some ice cream?"she suggested with a small smile, not wanting to say goodbye just yet.

I've been blamed and named. Yet I wouldn't know success if I didn't know pain. ~H.C

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:34 am

"I try really but yeah ice cream would be great I think I know a place we can stop too" he nods turning left at the next red light and coming to a stop in front of a frozen yogurt place and goes to get out when his phone rings. He looks at the phone a little confused to see that it was his father's number and he holds up a finger as he answers.

"So...want to explain to me why it is I'm enjoying the night with you mother then turn on the news to see my half-wit of a child having dinner and kissing the hand of a woman that isn't your soon to be wife" the anger was venomous in his fathers tone and it honestly took Ash aback.

"What?!" he ask looking to Dani.

"The local news has pictures of you with some random woman in some bar talking and laughing like you hadn't a care in the world...fucking Christ I swear if you weren't such an idiot..." the sound of a glass cup on a counter top followed by what sounded like his father drinking something came from the phone and soon his fathers voice came back sounding a little raspy, "You better be thinking of a good damn story to explain to Heather and her father because a scandal like this could ruin our family name" he nearly growls out before hanging up.

Ash sits there for a moment before leaning back in the seat rubbing his face, he pulls up the local news web page and sure enough there was a picture of him with Dani at the karaoke bar with the title 'Millionaire Affair'.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Dani fell silent when his phone rang. Jearing someone shouting from the other end she chewed the inside of her cheek as she listened to someone tear into him. After Ash hung up, Dani kept silent for a few more moments.

Until she saw the new article,"The hell?!"she grabbed the phone and stared at the article for a few more minutes before she shook her head and dropped the phone in his lap,"I think I should cab..."she whispered before she got out, turning around she looked back into the car,"Thanks for tonight Ash.."she mumbled before she closed the door.

Quickly she hauled down a taxi and got into it, giving her address the taxi driver gave her a look, knowing it was within the city.

As he pulled away Dani didn't look back at Ash. Dani was now, the other woman, and everyone knew it. Sighing she pulled out her phone and read a few articles on it.

Once she was home Dani brushed Abby off before heading into her room where she crawled into her bed. Dani sighed as she thought about the night, it had been nice right up until someone took a picture of them! Sighing she shook her head before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

For the next few days Dani stayed inside her apartment. Some of the paparazzi had found out where she lived and had come by occasionally. As she sat on the couch, eating ice cream from the bin and watching a rom-com she thought about Ash again, like she had always done since that night. The man never left her mind, but she knew she couldn't see him anymore when he was to be married to another woman.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:39 am

The following days were filled with dodging reporters and attempting to save the marriage to Heather, this was more so what his father wanted, he personally was fine letting it go and staying with Dani but that wasn't good enough. The days had been filled to the brim with interviews and statements while his nights were filled with txting and calling Dani receiving no answers. Heather was in all honesty taking it well enough stating that yes she was hurt but she did truly love Ash, or at the very least that is what she would say as the camera's rolled. Off camera, however, she was disgusted with Ash and cursed him out the first time she had seem him after the picture was leaked.

Ash finally came out telling his father, Heather, and her father that he had slept with Dani a month prior and that she was with his child. This set off a chain of new arguments as Heather and her father were ready to break off the wedding, but with Ash's father he convinced them to stay the course and that he would handle the matter personally.

Handling of the matter, Ash found out, was that his father donated a lot of his money to Heather's father and in return that Heather along with her father filed a claim against Dani for blackmail. Ash attempted to fight against the idea, but threatening to be completely cut off by his father Ash backed down and was forced to watch as they planned a case against Dani. The only thing he could do was warn her, and he did just that with sending her a txt.

'I know things have been hard, but believe me when I say that I didn't want this to happen...Heather and her father are filling a case against you for fraud, stocking, and blackmail...I...I thought you should know' he sends the txt and rubs his face hating himself for doing this to her.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:48 am

Dani heard the phone go off. Pausing the movie she read what Ash had sent her before she launched the phone across the room with a frustrated scream, just as it hit the wall Abby happened to walk in with a raised eyebrow,"Mind telling me why you threw that?"she asked.

Dani shook her head before she explained everything. From start to finish. Once she was done Abby stared at her fpr a few moments before standing up,"Okay so we show them you're not stalking Ash nor want anything to do with him!"

"How?"Dani asked with a deadpan look on her face.

Abby grinned as she pulled out her phone...

The next few days were filled with Dani getting pictured with Abby's older brother, Jamie, as her 'new boyfriend', however that didn't stop Heather or her father.

When the court date came though, Dani was ready. She dressed on a black dress that showed her baby bump clearly, as her lawyer had everything he needed as well. Including the pictures, texts between Ash and Dani, and papers for Ash to sign to his rights to the baby. Dani knew the last one would hit him hard, but she needed to get away and that was the only way.

As she entered the court room with Abby by her side, Dani's gaze fell over Heather, her father and Ash before it moved to the Judge. A small smile came to her lips as Abby whispered,"We have this one.." in her ear.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:36 am

Ash sat silently next to Heather and as Dani made her way in he looked up to her with a saddened expression. He didn't want this to happen, no all he wanted to be with Dani and deal with the aftermath of his father but there he sat with his eyes cast down. The last several days he had been told by everyone to say that she had slept with him, without protection and then blackmailed him into extorting money from him. He shook his head at the thought and as the trial began he sat there listening to the opening statements, Heather of course was lying without a care.

He let out a soft sigh looking over to Dani before looking away when Heather spoke of the mental pain that Ash had been going through with such a woman such as Dani. He gave a small frown at the thought but let it fall when Heather glanced at him, today would be a long day he knew it would be.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:51 am

Dani sat down beside her own lawyer. They listened to Heather's opening statement before he stood up,"Sir I would like to call forth my client,"he said before he gestured towards Dani.

Dani stood up, with numb legs she walked to the stand, and swore on the bible before sitting down,"Dani can you recall the night you met Ash?"

Dani nodded, her gaze shifted towards him, a look of pain flashed across her face before she looked at her lawyer,"Me and my friends were celebrating because we had just all passed a major test in our class. I was pretty drunk and so was Ash, we saw each other across the club and before I knew it he was agreeing to come to my place,"her gaze flashed towards Heather now,"we slept together before he went home. I didn't see or contact him again, that night I met him, I had no idea who he was. Believe me,"this time she looked at everyone else,"I would have never gotten involved if I knew who he was!"

Her lawyer nodded slowly before asking,"And did you ever ask for money? Or demand it?"

"No! I am more than capable of taking care of my own child!"

"Did you purposely get pregnant for any reason?"

"No!"

"That is all your honor,"he said. Slowly she stood up and headed back to her seat,"Good job now let's see what they have to deal, then we will work our angles.."

As she sat down she nodded at his words before she looked down at the papers for Ash's rights, this would be her last card to play, if Heather had him wrapped around his finger that tightly then she had to.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:27 am

The lawyer, Vincent, Ash believed his name was stood and called Ash to the stand. He gave a small sigh as he stood and walked to the stand, swearing in Ash sat down as Vincent began to question him. "Ash, do you drink often?" he starts leaning as he turns away from him and giving a small smirk to Heather, the two had been long time friends since they began at the firm around the same time.

"No I in all honesty only ever drink when attending dinner parties"

"So I am to assume that Dani was lying when she said that you were both in a drunken state the night you first met, is that correct?"

"Well no I wasn't in a drunken state more so I had, had a scotch at the bar with someone that I was working with"

"Okay and seeing as you do not drink that often we can assume that a glass of scotch would allow you to loosen up enough so you mind would be in it's proper state. As a follow up question did you and Dani here order more drinks once you had met?"

"No we just danced"

"In a sexual manner?"

"Most would say so yes"

"I see...so as we begin to hear a man that is widely known in this city and does not drink often had been lured to a young college student whom just happened to be there that same night? Yes it is possible, however, I find it unlikely" He pauses looking back to Ash with a smile. "Who invited who back to her place after dancing?"

"She had"

"So here we have a young college student, sexually dancing with a rich man that was boarder line intoxicated, and invited him to return to her place. Now I see that as a red flag and the fact that she just so happened to become pregnant after, now I will say that I wasn't born yesterday and that sounds as if she had blatantly followed Ash here to this club in order to..." he's stopped by Ash slamming his fist onto the railing.

"Please stop...she doesn't deserve this if anything I was in the wrong" Ash nods looking at Vincent then Heather. "Your Honor, may I ask freely with the court?" he ask the judge and after a moment the judge allows it. "My father set up my marriage to Heather once my older brother came out as gay and my father disowned him, I was just the second child that was thrust into the lime light because my brother was who he was. For years I was forced to follow in my father's footsteps, but a month again I met a woman that I never had before and for the first time I felt the world around me and not the dull world that I had lived in. Yes she invited me to her home and I could have said no, but I didn't and now we are here attempting to imprison someone that did nothing wrong.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Dani listened to Ash speak. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Heather giving her a death glare, if looks could kill, she thought before she looked back over at Ash. Her mind played back to the last night she had seen him, a happy night had turned to a disastrous one fast.

Feeling a hand on her shoulder she looked up at her lawyer before he stepped around the table to address Ash,"Ash were you aware that Dani was pregnant with your child correct? Did you ever ask or demand money from you for the child?"

The same fucking question. The one that was apparently on everyone's mind.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:12 am

Ash shook his head as Vincent stepped away giving him a 'you fucked everything' look before Dani's lawyer stood and questioned him. He thought about the question for a few short moments before looking at the man, "I was told when I had ran into Dani a few days before the picture was taken, I attempted to give her the money I knew she would need to get by but she refused it" he looked to Heather for a moment shaking his head.

"And you know what I was saddened with that thought and it wasn't until I convinced her to take something that I did give he an amount that I would pay her a month to help out with the baby." he nods