CrashJr

Re: (Crash) Life As We Know It

Post by CrashJr » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:01 am

Ready Ready ^_^

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Dani looked at the results of the test again. It still said the same thing,positive, she let out a small shaky breath as the taxi she had taken from her appointment pulled up to her condo. After she paid the driver she got out and hurried inside to find her best friend, Ally, sitting on the couch watching some soap opera that was playing on T.v.

As Dani plopped down beside her, Ally turned down the T.v,"So?"was all she asked. Without a word Dani handed her the papers,"Oh shit.."she whispered.

Dani groaned as she stood up,"You're telling me! Like I'm pregnant... with a man's baby who I only slept with one night... Like how do I even find him? Should I find him?" She asked before shaking her head slightly,"ugh I need to get to work also..."

Ally laughed a little,"Well go to work and while you're there I'll look around for him, send me the picture you have him and I'll see what I can do."

Dani nodded,"Alright, I'll see you later than,"she said as she grabbed her bag with her uniform in it before she headed out the door. As she walked to work she sent the only image she had of the mystery man to Ally.

Hopefully she would be able to find him.
A youngin still ain't die
But let me thank destiny I'm still alive. ~Honey Cocaine

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 pm

The Main Office of Golden Realty was, as per normal, filled with men and women running around with papers, talking to home buyers over the phone and in person. Everything was as it normally was, yet in the office of Ash McKnight he sat looking out the window wall at everyone. He let out a sigh as he switched from resting his chin in his right hand to his left as he continued to watch, he had been like this for nearly a month now and everyone saw the change from the generally positive worker to the day dreamer that he had turned to be. He had not the clue of what to do when he met the mystery girl and was surprised when she asked him to come back to her place, it all felt good and actually quite relaxing to say the least.

However, the day dream had to end and Ash was snapped out of it by the closest thing he had to a friend in this company and that was Jack. Out of everyone else that worked in the office with Ash Jack was, as others would say, a party animal, but it never seemed to effect his business life. "Hey, Ash, you alright? Thinking about that chick again?" he ask closing the door behind him and sitting on the small couch against the wall, "you know I thought I was something, but look at you I nearly married man going out and hooking up with random woman" he laughs a little.

"It's not that, Jack, it's...I can't get her out of my mind...it's like I don't know." he sighs a little and shrugs looking back down at the screen of his computer knowing that he had multiple things he still had to do, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Damn you're like a love sick puppy" he jokes then sighs when Ash doesn't reply. "Look how about I finish up what you got and you go get some lunch or go see Heather or something, man" Jack says looking a little worried about Ash.

Ash thinks about it for a moment then shrugs, "sure, why not...I'll pay you back tomorrow, Jack" he sighs standing and grabbing his suit jacket off the hook by the door as he exits. He waves a bye to his secretary and he's out of the office for the day. His mind filled with thoughts of who this girl was and why he couldn't stop thinking about her, but the thoughts disappear as he reaches his car. Getting in her turns on the radio to drowned out any thoughts and drives.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:05 am

As Dani arrived at her mother's bakery she was greeted with the sweet smell of baked goods. Walking inside she waved to her mom before she hurried into the back and changed into her work uniform. While working though Dani couldn't get the news off her mind, or the man from a month ago.

She was so distracted by her own thoughts that she screwed up a few times through out her shift. Near the end though she received a text from Ally that would throw her off for the rest of her day.

Your baby daddy is rich!! it read along with a few pictures of headlines of the man. Dani fell into a chair as she slowly scrolled through them,"Holy shit.."she whispered to herself, she couldn't possibly tell him now, could she?

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:30 am

Ash pulled his car to a stop in front of the valet to some restaurant that Heather had told him about in passing, it seemed to be alright from the outside, but the smell in the air was different then the Italian restaurant and instead the smell was of fresh bread and cookies? was it? he thought and turned looking just down the road to see a bakery on the corner. "Hey...I'll pay extra if you let me park here, but I kind of want to go check out that place" he says without looking at the valet.

"I mean we really aren't suppose to, but, I mean for triple the price I can" the valet says slyly. In return Ash pulls out two hundred dollar bills hanging them to the man. "Oh...yes, sir, I'll put your car in the best spot we have" he nods very surprised and begins to park his car as he walks along the sidewalk.

He looks around not really every getting out and gives a small smile and a wave seeing some people he does know or has met before, in return they wave back. He had to admit even though he didn't get out much he did enjoy doing so when he did, although the last time did lead to him cheating on Heather it didn't really bother him as it should have. He stops in front of the small bakery and takes in a breath of fresh goods before he enters, "Hello, I'm sorry if you were about to close or something, but I smelled all the fresh baked goods from outside and I was wondering if I could still buy something?" he ask the older woman in the shop, "Again sorry, just, I'm having an off day and I just thought it'd be nice to eat something that could make me feel a little more at ease" he nods and smiles looking at all the choices.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:49 am

Dani's mother smiled as the younger man came inside and asked about the baked goods,"Sorry just a moment and I'll have my daughter help you,"she said quickly before she hurried into the back to get Dani.

Sighing softly Dani came back from her thoughts as her mother called for her. Standing up she fixed her uniform before heading into the front, as she did she caught sight of the customer. The face. The suit. The smell. It all stopped Dani in her tracks and brought her back to the night that happened a month ago.

Dani bit down on her lip as she slowly crept towards the front display,"Hi.." was all she got out.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:19 am

Ash was still fixated on the looks of the cookies and cake slices in the display that he hadn't noticed Dani entering, "yes, ma'am, as I told your mother that I've had an off couple of days and I was looking for something that would..." he stopped as he turned coming face to face with the woman he had met a month ago. "I...it's..." his lips twitched at the sides just slightly to hint at a smile as he became a little overwhelmed with thoughts and his face burned a deep red, "uh...I'm sorry what was I on about" he laughs a little turning to hide his face and grin like a child. A few awkward minutes passed before he was about to come back to normal and he turned back to Dani, "I guess I can formally introduce myself. My name is Ash McKnight and it is a pleasure to meet you...pleasure as in nice or good not in...you know what I believe I will just stop talking to save myself from further embarrassment" he nods with a small laugh.

Rubbing the back of his neck he looks the woman up and down and the feeling of that night return. The raw passion was fun, but there was something about her that Ash just couldn't quite name that drew him to her. Maybe it was her eyes, as beautiful as they seemed that couldn't be it. Maybe her hair, no he thought, it wasn't it either. He wasn't sure what it was, but he knew that something about this woman sent him mad, in the good way.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 am

Dani laughed as a blush came over her cheeks. The memory of that night was on replay in her head as emotions overwhelmed her. When he introduced himself she couldn't help but blurt out,"I've seen you on the front of magazines,"before her cheeks went redder,"sorry. I'm Dani.."she trailed off as she looked down at her shoes.

She felt like a nervous school girl, now that she was face to face with the man who's baby was inside her, she couldn't find the words. How do you mention that to someone you didn't even know? She wondered as she brought her gaze back up.

She cleared her throat a little as she decided right now wasn't the best time," Uhm.. so cookies? Cake?"she asked as she looked over at the display case of the goods.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:45 am

"Dani...that's short for Danielle or Daniela I believe?" he ask now fully ignoring the display and focusing on Dani, "Either was it is a very beautiful name" his small smile faded for a moment and he looked away. "I want to apologize by the way, that night was very unlike me, and the following morning I should have at least...asked you for coffee?" he ask completely unsure of her responds and just as it seemed she was going to speak again his phone began to ring. "One moment please" he nods and pulls his phone out seeing Heather picture on the screen.

"Hello, dear, how is your day?" he ask with a fake excitement.

"Well aside from my client confessing to murder instead of doing what we told him and shutting his mouth my day is wonderful. So I heard you left work early, any reason?" she ask and her monotone was a sign that she was annoyed by having to even ask him. This was something that Ash had just gotten used to and it was normal for him to be questioned by her like anyone in court.

"Well I honestly wasn't feeling well and Jack just told me to head out and get something to eat, I'm actually at this small bakery down the road from that restaurant you were telling me about" he told the truth, but leaving out the small part about the woman that works here is someone that he had cheated with.

"Oh okay well don't ruin your appetite because we are having dinner with my parents tonight and I'd rather not see you only eat a small salad and have to explain to my father that you're not a 'fruit cake hippie' again" he could tell she was actually using air quotes when referring to the nickname her father had coined for him. This was now a common thing for him since his older brother came out years prior.

"I promise I won't, and I will see you tonight, love" he says running a hand through his hair before hanging up with a sigh. Turning back to Dani he smiled again, "Sorry about that just discussing dinner plans" he nods.