The New World

Veilstar
Gold

Re: The New World

Post by Veilstar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 pm

In the back of her mind Sinclair was praying that the woman behind her would just pull the trigger and get it over with. That prayer only got louder when the soldier stepped in front of her and tried to guilt trip her in putting the machete away. All she did was stand there frozen, waiting for the blissful end to come. This was simply put a ploy, people catch her trying to kill Mia, said people kill her. There wasn't any real chance that she'd actually harm a child no matter how much said child deserved it. Warm salty tears continued streaming down her cheeks as she heard Melina perk up like she wasn't jut threatened with death. The child had to be used to it by now, she finds her alone, aims a gun or pulls out a blade. Ultimately it always just came down to the woman crying and falling to the ground.

Being in this place of peace allowed her grief to take over and to spill out completely. The grief from her brother had been enough, then she lost Angel and that sent her over the edge a bit. It wasn't like the woman had someone to talk to coming there alone and no one but Angel giving her a chance. Sin dared lift her head up at Melina mentioning that she'd been prescribed anti-depressants that she'd been refusing to take. It was true...Angel convinced her to get checked out once after finding her crying a few times about her brother. The doctor gave those pills to take and the only reason she took them was because Angel asked her to. Since her death the young woman stopped taking them, letting herself fall deeper into the abyss.

At the sound of Ami putting her pistol away the sniper dropped the machete, the metallic clanging echoing. At the same instance Sin herself slumped down to the floor, her knees buckling and spreading her legs across the floor. The broken woman simply cried and asked to be forgiven or atleast tried to with her disturbed voice.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Lana's mouth dropped open a little, Will was gonna trade her for those pills? What else did he get from this girl? She looked up at the man, a bit hurt that he would make such a trade; but just as quick as the look came it was gone. Stepping out from behind Will, Lana kept her eyes down as she spoke up,"Well I guess I am done here... thank you Mel.. and Will..." she then hurried past Ami and David and Sinclair.

As she rushed from the medical building she felt more upset that she didn't make a friend. She had just been a pawn, and that didn't even turn out to be true as Mel said it was a joke. Shaking her head the young girl decided to wander alone for a bit.

--------

Haven had went around and spoke with anyone who would speak with her. Of course she didn't ask anything to extreme or ones that would cause suspicion. Ecentually gathering what she could she headed back towards the house, finding it empty she walked up the stairs and collapsed onto the bed.

Her mind reeling with the words of the people of Eden. They all seemed to like it here, or so they say, but Haven had noticed the under tone in some voices. Like they were almost scared to say something bad about Eden or those in charge. Sitting up she rubbed her eyes, what the fuck was going on here? She wondered.

If you can't find somethin' to live for , you best find somethin' to die for. ~Tupac
A youngin still ain't die
But let me thank destiny I'm still alive. ~Honey Cocaine

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:59 pm

It took a moment, but Will caught on to what was going on. He saw the look Ami gave that girl, that was definitely her daughter. Will looked between the two of then before clearing his throat, looking at Ami. "Mia?" He asked, with a raise of the brow. "I think maybe we should leave." Will looked down at Lana as he nudged her towards the door.

Will was thrown off guard when Mel said he was trading her for pills, well she suggested it. "Woah, hold on it wasn't like that." He said as Lana left the building, leaving Will a bit conflicted.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

The New World

Post by Wanderlusst » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:19 pm

As Haven stood up she decided to shower again, enjoying the idea that she had access to hot water again. As she climbed out she decided slipped on new clothes before she headed back out to find someone to speak with. As she made her way towards where she last saw everyone she noticed Lana walking alone, raising an eyebrow Haven hurried over to her,"Lana where is Will? What happened to your new friend?"she looked around before she looked back at the younger girl.

Lana looked up at Haven, she noticed the fresh smell of a shower and wished she could have one now. But as Haven asked her questions her mind went to what Mel had said, should she tell her? She then remembered her promise to William, and besides it wasn't her responsibility to make sure Haven didn't get hurt. She was only responsible for Joey. So she smiled and lied through her teeth once again to Haven,"Oh Will is walking around and my new friend had to go eat... lunch.."she finished as she saw that the sun was high enough for it to be around lunch time now anyways.

Haven nodded slowly, not fulling believing her,"Right well let's get you to Joey, you're probably hungry too.." she said as she guided the girl through the crowd.

If you can't find somethin' to live for , you best find somethin' to die for. ~Tupac

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Ami raised an eyebrow at Will as Lana left, "Really? that's pretty low even for you, Will" she shook her head and looked back to Mia kneeling in front of her. "We...I'm Ami it's nice to meet you" she offers her hand and after a moment of hesitation Mia takes her hand looking weirded out by the older woman, Ami didn't care, however, as she knelt there meeting her daughter even if it wasn't confirmed she knew it was true.

As she moved to stand she looked back to David with a small smile letting him take lead as she walked over to Will speaking in a low tone, "nice work on trying sell off someone for a fix that's a new one really" she rolls her eyes before getting serious. "I know you well enough to know you wouldn't do it so don't even start...no we need a friend on the inside of all this craziness so she's our key...and no matter what she doesn't find out who she really is" she nods.

Melina frowns watching Lana leave, "Hey...wait" she mutters feeling awful. She glances at Will then looks away knowing that this was her fault and for a few moments she was mentally beating herself up when the woman with the gun knelt in front of her and introduced herself, she looked at Ami confused as to why this random woman would want to do that with someone like her but she shrugged it off and shook the woman's hand.

"So what do you guys want...can we make this quick please" she mutters once Ami stands and lets David do the talking, all the while Melina just simply looks to the door feeling the need to follow Lana to apologize to her.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:15 am

Lana nodded as she followed Haven. Feeling bad she didn't tell her what had happened, but a promise was a promise. As they found Joey and Joe, Lana thanked Haven before hurrying over to her older sister. As Joey stood up, she grinned at her little sister,"Did you have fun?"

Lana shrugged lightly,"Sure.."she mumbled before she asked,"Can we get something to eat?"Joey nodded and looked down at Joe,"Guess duty calls,"she laughed as she wrapped her arm around Lana and lead her towards the house where she had left their things.

Haven watched Lana hurry off. Shaking her head she put any paranoid thoughts out of her head as she began to walk by herself she couldn't help but wonder what it was like to be a child again. To have someone take care of you, not that Haven had much of that back then, but she missed the innocence and making new friends and just playing with out a care in the world.

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 am

Shaking his head, David simply shot a warning look at Will before stepping back outside. In his head he was thinking over all the possible ways to get Mia back, but also was well aware of the consequences.

Everything was moving so fast he needed time to process it all. When he noticed Ami step back outside after him, he spoke to her in a hushed tone, “We’ll discuss any further moves later.”

—————

Joe enjoyed the time he got with Joey and simply nodded and walked a few yards behind them. He looked around the neighborhood a bit but didn’t really speak to any of the residents as he passed them by.

When he finally reached the front door to the cabin they had stayed in the night before, Joe took off his hat upon entering and made his way to the back deck and sat down in one of the chairs out there in silence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:05 am

"Wait, wait.. dont make it seem liked im pimping out children for drugs. I found someone her age, and in return we got the medicine she needed. Plus a few goodies for Monroe." Will dangled the bag in His hand as he looked at Ami. "I kicked the shit. I'm off of it." Will didn't believe his.own words at first, but they were true. Will glanced hard at Mel as he pointed to the bag. "Tell em!"

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:33 pm

As they reached the house Joey went inside and grabbed what she could for Lana to eat from her bag. Once Lana was settled and eating Joey stepped out onto the back porch, she didn't say anything as she took a seat on the porch swing. Her mind in her own space, as she wondered if this would be a good setup at all for Lana to grow up in, but she also wondered if there was a way out of this wasteland for good.

------

Haven sat under a tree. As she did she slowly unwrapped the bandage she had put on a few weeks ago. As she removed it, the scars were already starting to show, and her mind flashed back to that day. Her asking for a car, them getting into one, a small feeling of victory at first before it all went away. As it was replaced with the sound of crushing metal, glass breaking and her... begging for Leo to just stay with her. But then.. she lost them, she had gotten scared and ran from Leo.

As she looked down at her arm she let out a shaky breath, if only she had followed them instead, maybe he would still be here, she thought as she looked around at everyone going about their days. Smiling and laughing, and talking like they had nothing to worry about, Haven missed that feeling.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Melina looked over to Ami and Will as Will spoke to her and rolled her eyes, "hey I said I was joking about that you're the one that actually attempted to pimp out a child" she laughs walking to the door. "Look I don't care what you guys want just come see me tomorrow or whatever I gotta go find Lana and apologizes" she nods pulling the door closed and locking it, but before she leaves she gives a nod to the four then jogs off.

Ami smiles watching the young girl jogging off, "She's to much like me" she laughs lightly looking over to David, Will, and Sin. "So I guess I was right then, but, I think that no matter what I say she'll think we're messing with her" she lets a small sigh escape her lips before turning back to look where Mia had ran off.

"Will relax I won't tell Joey...or worse Joe about this I honestly think you were not lying" she folds her arms and turns facing the three while leaning on the side of the building.

Melina stopped panting a little, "I...need...to do...more...cardi....o" she pants out looking around hoping to spot Lana but with her shorter height it was difficult to do so. She asked a few people with each giving her a shrug in return. She frowned after the seventh person she asked and thought about it for a moment, "oh I'm stupid they might still be in the cabin" she thinks aloud as she begins to run to the main gate area where they would put new arrivals.