The New World

CrashJr
Bronze

Re: The New World

Post by CrashJr » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:51 am

Harold had given a sigh as Ami had walked away and turned to the others, "It's always like this with new arrivals" he said with a smile. "And by that I mean the mistrust is warranted, but I assure you all that it is perfectly safe..." he stops as the radio on his belt calls out.

"Code 418, Captain Raj with Private Simons, over" The old man rolls his eyes and mentally curses the Codes given by Agent Miller.

"I'm sorry about that Agent Miller has given codes for our guard to use as quick ways to say what you or others may be doing...a 418 is taking a jeep to get gas" he laughs lightly and claps his hands together. "So seeing as you kind folks are finished with breakfast how about we talk about each of your skills and what jobs are available" he nods and begins to walk ahead ushering for the other three to follow. As he walks back into the lobby he notices Haven and gives her a kind smile, "Well hello again, I was just telling your friends here..." he turns looking at Joe, Joey, and Lana. "I was just telling them that if they were finished with breakfast that we could talk about the skills each of you have so we can best find you a job you would enjoy" he nods.

Looking over the four he turns to walk ahead when his radio crackles again, "This is Lt. Reyes, Code 4, over" this time Harold looked down to the radio and looked as if he was holding back anger as his face reddened.

"Code 4" he spit out and shook his head before waving to a nearby person on a golf cart. "I'm sorry to cut this short but I am needed elsewhere. I promise to speak with you and the rest of your group later today" he says walking over to the golf cart before it skids a little as it speeds between the two hotels and up the dirt road behind the main hotel.

Ami looked over the, now, un-hooded woman and raised an eyebrow as the person spoke again. This time the voice wasn't as much a surprise and she was able to not flinch much, "So...I'm just gonna call you croaker right now, what's up with the whole cape and wanna be loner thing" she ask a little confused before looking up at David. "And you're with off alone with this chick...should I be jealous" she questions playfully before looking serious again. "Really though, what's going on here?" she ask the girl again.

Monroe had been busy with the second serving that he seemed to have lost the rest of his group, confusion set in as he left the dining room and walked back into the lobby. Looking around he gave a sigh stopping to ask someone if they had seen Harold or a group of people they hadn't seen before, and the reply he received was that Harold had been called away by the announcement of a Code 4. He continued to ask but the person he had stopped seemed to side step the questions and soon they excused themselves by just rudely walking away. Monroe just shook his head and walked outside finding some of his group.

"Hey, sorry about ditching you guys back there but I hadn't had bacon in a long time. So I'm kinda thinking we should go find David, Ami, and Will and get the hell out of here" he stops and speaks a little lower so only Joe, Haven, and Joey could hear, "I asked someone inside about if they saw you guys or that Harold guy and they said he was called to a Code 4 whatever that is...and I asked what it was but they started to get a little freaked by it and yeah turns out it's not all smiles and fun time here" he nods before looking around at all the people enjoying life around them.

"Fucking apocalypse towns" he shakes his head and lights a cigarette.

Melina's cocky smirk broke for a moment as she pocketed the baggie and walked around the room keeping a distance from the man, "Well information...things...pictures same difference, right?" she questioned then smirked again. "Look I may be young but I'm not stupid I know a junkie when I see him, hell have the guard are pill heads" she laughs lightly, "but yeah I need you to give me a little information and then this baggie is all yours. What's the outside like now?" she ask. It wasn't a stupid question to be fair as she had spent the last month behind the walls only getting information about the outside from people that had already been preached to by her dad, but this guy looked and was different and she felt in control as she pulled the baggie out swinging it from side to side for the man to see.

Just then the radio hanging on the wall crackled, "This is Lt. Reyes, Code 4, over" this caused Melina to look at the radio bummed. "Dammit...okay that sucks...sorry Code's are things Agent Miller made up for the guard and a Code 4 is..." she stops to think about it a moment then shrugs, "a Code 4 is that they found some inappropriate things in someone's home...it's mainly inappropriate like gay images or videos. Yeah that was the one code dad made...he hates gays" she nods looking on the wall behind her continuing to spin the baggie with her fingers.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 am

"I'm not a junkie!" Will was quick to respond with a defensive tone, turning away from her slightly. "Not anymore." He sighed and rubbed his temple. The temptation was there, but Will wasn't going to give in... that easy.

"Seriously, I want to help my people." Will stated in a calmer more relaxed tone. "I haven't exactly.. been on the best terms with them. To be honest, they'd probably left me if it wasn't for... well.. yeah.. hell one of them even shot me, kid." Will rubbed his shoulder as he looked at the girl a small smile forming. "I.. just want to show them i can contribute.. And pharmaceuticals are something I'm well versed in."

Will tapped his finger against his cheek before dropping his hands to his pockets, tucking them in. She asked about the outside. A small pit formed in wills chest when he thought about it. About the ghouls, the mutants.. Leo. Will cleared his throat as he shifted his weight to one side. "From what I've seen, it's safer behind these walls." Will answered after a long silence. His hand slowly guided up to the top of his head, running his hand over his lock-less scalp. The feeling of short bushy hair still felt foreign to Wills hand as he thought about the last four months. His hand guided from his scalp to the token hanging around his neck, the tigers ear. It was symbolic, yet morbid. And a bit rancid. Wills eyes looked at the token for a moment, the feelings of that day beginning to resurface. "Code 4." The radio crackled.

"Homophobes? Biblical freaks." Will shook his head with a scoff. "I knew this place was fu- I mean.. messed up." Will corrected himself as he looked up at the girl. "So what's going happen to them?" He wondered, in a place like this, with no true laws being governed anymore.. anything could happen.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:58 am

"Oh they'll be cast out of the community, best case...worst case. If they fight then it's death" she shrugs not really seeming to care to much having seen it multiple times already. Honestly she thought it was wrong and she wanted to ask her dad not to do it a few times, but he wouldn't listen even she begged. "In truth though I personally think it's wrong, but it's no use fighting it." she nods before putting the baggie back in her pocket and giving Will a look of annoyance.

"It's better here? that's boring...come on I need details. A few of the guards say that there are monsters out there, they call them nukers." she smiles wildly and begin to pace. "Come on I need something better, I mean come on you were out there I bet you and your group fought lots of nukers. Are they as gross as the guards say? I mean come on I need a good info of the outside. Action. Adventure. Romance. Come on give me something?" she pouts and stomps her foot. "If you can't give juicy info then..." she thinks for a few minutes before smiling evilly.

"I think I got it...I'll give you these and...5 Oxy's, if you can get me a...juicy picture of one of the good looking women in your group" she winks with a smirk, "and before you ask, yes, yes I am and am I scared of my dad finding out? Nope because he won't find out. Why? because if you say anything then all I have to say is you broke in stole the pills and...well I could really be evil and say that you touched me" she laughs lightly. She was bluffing and sounding a lot more high and mighty then she knew she was, but she figured that this guy was desperate so maybe he would just buy her bluffing.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:19 am

David almost jumped at the situation that unfolded in front of him, though he quickly regained his senses and went to act before it was defused. Sighing heavily as Ami walked over to him and slipped her hand into his, he gave her that look.

“Jealous? No...Though we do need to work on that response mechanism you have there....” Shaking his head he looked over at Sin then back to Ami, his face changing to all business now, “Harold is full of shit Ami. Sin here is prior service like I am, and from what I’ve learned so far this place is dangerous. We need to get everyone rolling out, like yesterday.”

——————

Joe chuckled at Lana and couldn’t help but smile at her. That smile quickly faded when this Harold person approached them and seemed so eager to find out what skill sets they had. Joe narrowed his eyes a bit but couldn’t say before before he got called off on some Code 4 issue.

Joe probably burned a hole through the back of the mans head with the hard line stare he was giving. That too soon ended when Monroe came walking up and provided his input, “No it’s not old timer. My gut instinct has been telling me to get the hell out of dodge while we still can.” He then looked over Lana then Joey. The expression on his face getting deathly serious as he did.

“David should be back any moment. He’s feeling the same way as we are Monroe. I’m sure Ami is with him now as well so I’m hoping we can be hitting the road before lunch...” His gaze finally landed on Joey, “And I’m sorry sweetheart...I wanted to settle down here and make us a family...But this place-“ he gestured with his hand, “It’s more dangerous here then outside those walls.”

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:36 am

Sinclair couldn't help but try to growl yet again as this Ami woman was getting in her nerves with the little nickname. Her glare should she was a bit pissed off about most of what the woman managed to say before the soldier spoke up. He seemed to be level headed unlike his friend. The jealous comment did somehow manage to get a very small chuckle out of her. This Ami didn't really have much to worry about from her when it came to her man.

"Trained...Sniper...tactical...recon...cloak...hides face. No want seen....gathering...Intel. He...caught...watching you...all. Do have doctor...something? Throat...checked out...no trust Eden.." Sin managed to get out, sounding a little less terrible than her previous attempts at talking. It would seem the soldier thought she had been in service at the time the bombs fell. In reality she hadn't even been shipped for boot camp yet, didn't hurt to let him think that way for now. Her brother had already put her through training already, it's just she wasn't an official soldier. The young sniper also hoped that they had someone who could assist with her throat maybe. Perhaps offer an idea of some kind of treatment?
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Joey stood up when Harold came by and told them if they were ready they could follow him. As they did her eyes darted around for the others that had wandered off, seeing Haven a small smile came across her lips.

Haven snapped from her thoughts when Harold spoke to her. Her body was rigid as well, but eased when she saw the others behind him. She however didn't see Will, Ami or David following, and a small frown came on her lips. She was about to ask Harold if she could at least go find David and Ami but he excused himself before she could. Making it easier, as she moved closer to hear the others she nodded in agreement,"I'm glad I ain't the only one who thinks this place could be more dangerous than the outside..."she muttered.

Joey looked at Joe when he spoke to her. She squeezed his a little,"I'm sure there's a better place out there.."she agreed in a whisper. With her other arm she pulled Lana closer and looked around,"Where do you think the others went off to? Haven you last saw Will?"

Haven nodded a little,"For like a few seconds before we were interrupted by a woman in a hood.. I chased after her and when I went back he was gone.." she shrugged a little,"I'm sure he's fine just like I'm sure Ami and David are fine. They probably went looking for the kid if anything.." she added at the end.

Joey sighed,"That's right.. Ami's daughter.. how are we supposed to help find a child we don't even know what she looks like?"She asked as she looked at Monroe who seemed to know Ami best.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Will stared at the girl for a moment, an even look on his face as he leaned back against the wall. Over the years of dealing with other drug heads and drug dealers, will got pretty good at catching on to someone's bullshit. Her bluff was no different, So will didn't waiver. "The outside.. It's dangerous. Nothing looks the same.. the bright colors that once paintes the world have all turned grey. The guards are right, there's thousands of those nuker things running all over the place. They mostly come out at night, waiting for you to fall asleep. We saw a few mutated humans.. They weren't nukers, but they tried to eat us. The humans weren't the only thing mutated..." Will paused as he held up the tiger ear. "This thing almost took my group out by itself... fortunately we only got away with.. one causalty." Wills head turned to the floor as an idea sprung in his head.

"Your secret is same with me." Will assured her. Not that he cared, but homosexuality was never somethinf that struck Will as wrong. They were just people, in love, who cares? "I have a better offer for you." Will lifted his head with a smile. "How about..i bring Lana over here for you to meet? She's the girl who needed the pills.. About your age. I'll do that, and give you this.. for 7 roxys and 15 of those other pills." Will suggested as he held up his make shift totem necklace. "It's my personal piece of the outside, a reminder of what's out there. You can have it." Will held the item out in His hand. Sure it was odd, but the girl wanted to know what the outside was Like, and thatvwas as close as it got.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:17 am

Haven didn't wait for Monroe to respond as she took Lana's hand and turned her around,"Me and Lana will start this way, yeah?" she grinned at the young girl who nodded up at her. Lana was starting to feel weird, and needed to get away from all these eyes before it got worse. As she looked at Haven, she gave her hand two squeezes, a secret way they had come up with to let Joey or Haven know that she needed some space or air or whatever.

Haven felt the squeezes as she lead Lana through the crowd of people. Pulling her closer she spoke,"No worries Lana... okay? Come on there's a spot over there where the kids play, maybe we can go see if there are some your age."

Haven tried distracted Lana by the idea of having a friend. And it seemed to work, because as they got closer to the field Lana took off into a faster pace to get a closer look at the kids. Haven felt successful that Lana didn't have another attack, she didn't need anyone else pointing a gun at them or Lana being sedated for that matter.

Lana didn't get to close to the kids. As she found a place to sit underneath a tree she watched the small soccer game, they all looked happy, like they had never lost someone or saw death before in their life. Lana envied that, she wanted her innocence back.

----

Joey didn't fight as Haven took Lana off her hands. She actually liked the idea of having alone time with her cowboy. As she took Joe's hand she looked at Monroe,"We are gonna go for a walk,"she admitted before she looked up at Joe. Her heart skipped a few beats at the idea of being alone with him, maybe even for a few hours if Lana found a playmate. As she lead him away from Monroe and into the opposite direction of Lana and Haven she kept her hand firmly in his. Her gaze darted back and forth as they walked through the compound,"Its so strange... isn't it?"she mumbled to Joe, trying to start the conversation.

Joey didn't want to dive head first into asking him questions. Just like their relationship she wanted him to be slowly discovered too, almost like a new home of land. But better, she thought as she looked up at the handsome man, much much better.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Joe watched Haven lead Lana away. He then looked at Joey and smiled and was happy to walk along with her. His eyes kept glancing around cautiously but he always focused on her.

Shrugging his shoulders some he looked around again, “It does somewhat. Though being with you doesn’t seem so strange.” He gave her hand a squeeze then leaned down and stole a quick kiss.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 am

"7...that's a bit hefty...but" the thought of hanging out with a girl her age both excited and frightened her, mainly due to the fact that since an early age her father home schooled her and it was only in the last month that she began to learn about the world outside of what she was always taught. Yes she still was an avid Christian and did follow the word, but since the bombs dropped and her father started this place she was able to meet so many new and amazing people. It was also here where she figured out what she really was, sure it was everything her dad hated and if she were anyone else he would through her out in a heart beat without any supplies but she was his daughter; and as the guard had explained to her she was able to get away with a lot of things, including sneaking pills out to the guard without issue. "I'll give you 7 oxy only if it's worth my time...I don't want to try for something and be shut down...the last time it happened I got a woman killed" she looked at Will with a devilish smile, "I felt awful about it at the time but looking back she shouldn't have rejected me" she laughs lightly and tosses the baggie to Will.

"You'll get the Oxy and the other 5 green pills when you get back with my payment...and hopefully it'll be a sure thing or..." she runs a finger along her neck then lets out a cheerful laugh walking ahead and pushing Will out of the front. "No thank you, sir, and I hope those help with you knee issue. Oh and once again welcome to Eden" she says loud enough for the nearest people walking along could hear, it felt like a good cover story to her. As she pushes Will out enough to close the door she does so and slides down the door turning a beat red color.

"Mel what did you just do? You're trading sex for pills...God please forgive me for being stupid" she claps her hands together praying. "What am I gonna do if he comes back...umm...right I can...no, no...wait I can act like I don't know him yeah that could work, I think" she says confused then groans a little putting her face in her hands.

Ami just rolled her eyes at David and looked at Sin, "look we can help you kind of we have a doctor in our group, but this place yeah is weird but Harold told us that it was a safe place. Plus what's out there that is better then what we could all have here, I don't know you but I can say that we came from LA and what's out there in the world now has nearly killed me twice. I'm not gonna out without finding my daughter Mia, she needs to know that her mother is out here looking for her." she nods and pulls away from David wiping her cheek. "Look like I told the rest of them I'm not going to leave here because it's a little creepy, hell everyone could be fucking in the streets and I'd stay here because there are walls...guarded walls, and food."

She shakes her head and leans on the wall looking Sin over, "plus not to sure I can fully trust what you say, I mean you could be anybody and what just because we share a thought means we have to fully jump on board with you. That's a laugh" she shakes her head remembering back to the early days back in the restaurant and how she was just like this girl, remained to herself, pulled a gun without issue, stated facts. It was the last bit of her thought that caused her to sigh and look the young girl in the eyes, "give us a reason to believe you that this is a bad place...then I'll believe you" she says coldly starring her down.