The New World

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Re: The New World

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:23 pm

None of this seemed... appropriate. The world was ending and these people were having an all you can eat breakfast buffet, with enough rations to last a week. It was a bit sickening to be honest. "I thought gluttony was one of your deadly sins.." Will spoke with a stern voice, an unamused look in His face he crosses his arms. His eyes stayed on Harold the whole time, nothing else around really catching his eye. William watched as the rest of the group hurried off to enjoy the food offered by their host. William refused the food, feeling a pit in His stomach as he passed everyone up to the table. He hunched a little as he felt himself start to sweat, feeling a little uneasy. It had been almost a week since he had any drugs in His system, the withdrawals were slowly subsiding. But this room, with all of the people, and all of this food, it was overwhelming. Images of Leo's body flashed before his eyes as he gazed into the crowd, these people act like there arent mutants roaming around, like there were no dangers. They had no idea what it was like out there. The thoughts were beginning to piss William off, causing him to slam his fist down on the table, a crowd of eyes shifting in His direction.

Wills eyes gazed out into the crowd for a moment before he quickly stood uo, heading out of an exit towards the back. Once he was outside Will propped himself against a wall, letting the vomit project from his mouth as sweat rolled down his face. William wiped his mouth and shook his head. He felt out of place there, like none of this had a place in their world anymore.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Haven had jumped from her thoughts when she heard Will slam his fists down. Slowly she stood up and hurried off after him, she didn't stop to look back as she flung the door open. Her eyes darted both ways before she stood a few feet from Will, she watched him for a few moments before she spoke up,"I don't like this place.."

She had whispered it, so she wasn't sure if he would be able to hear her. She looked up she watched him again, before she moved towards him a little,"But drawing attention to us Will, like that, it will get someone in trouble. And the last thing I want or need is to lose..."she trailed off before she shook her head and crossed her arms,"we can't be drawing attention to us.." she repeated.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:35 pm

"The attentions already on us.. If you haven't noticed, Haven." Will responded ad he wiped his mouth. "They been watching us.. I can feel it. Since we got here. Why do you think they were so quick to react this morning? Coincidence? Pfffttt. No way." Will turned and pressed his back against the brick wall. "At least if their eyes are on me they won t be looking for you if something does happen and we need to make an escape."

Will reached into his pocket a took out the last cigarette, putting it to his lips as he searched his person for a lighter. A large drag as he lit the cig, his nerves and his stomach calming a bit. "This place is huge.. they have food.. they have people.. it seems like the perfect place to set up." Will took another drag, looking up at Haven for her response. He had a bad feeling about this place too, but it did seem like a shot worth taking.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:45 pm

Haven chewed the inside of her cheek as she thought about it before she looked up at the sky,"I don't know..."she looked down at him, then around,"maybe it is, but this can't be it... can't be.."she shook her head as she rubbed her hands up and down her arms. She hated that these people pretended that the outside world wasn't going to shit right now, she hated that they probably had no idea about the monsters that lurked at night, and she didn't want to become that.

She had come so far from being the scared doctor. They all had come so far, that she was scared the town would wash away who they had become together as a group. As she looked back at Will though, she thought about having peaceful nights with him, and getting to know him without having to run away from someone or something, she wanted to stay here with him.

The heart what the heart wants, she thought as small smile tugged at her lips,"But if there is more out there.. I'm sure it can wait.. if that's what everyone wants.." she said softly, even though she knew she had meant if that's what he wanted, because right now William was the only person she would follow to hell and back for.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:05 am

"Trust me.. I want to leave as bad as you do.. but we cant do this alone." William admitted softly as he examined to mutant tiger ear that was strung around his neck. A piece of the beast that ultimately killed his best friend. The sound of metal scarping against pavement stained his memories as he envisioned the car flipping several times as the beast slammed into it. A deep breath escaped Wills mouth as he rubbed his face. He looked at Haven for a moment before taking another drag from the cig and speaking as he exhaled. "You should probably get back. Tell them I'm fine. I'll be back in five minutes or so. Everything was just a bit.. overwhelming."

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:19 am

A gravelly sigh somehow managed to escape from the lips of a cloaked figure standing off to the side of the breakfast buffet. Her sunset eyes moved from one happy face to another, something inside her was telling her this was wrong. It told her to leave, but...something else, something that was louder said she had to figure out why she felt this way. It's only been about a week since her arrival. The folks had been accepting enough of a weird stranger that hasn't spoken a word since they let her through the door. The fact she still refused to wear any clothing given to her might've been a sign that she didn't plan on staying. Something just said to not fully trust anything these people gave her.

So far it's just been her and her feelings, so far her feelings haven't led her astray so why stop following now? From beneath her old, worn down cloak those eyes spotted the mayor of this little 'sanctuary'. He was leading a couple of new faces into the breakfast buffet. Keeping her distance she managed to watch from afar that they were newcomers like her. Some seemed excited, others looked...uneasy. Like minds maybe?

Getting lost in your thoughts was the most common past time for the young woman. Her thoughts were the only things keeping her sane after what she's seen outside these walls. Those sunset eyes shifted again, looking over each of these newcomers and their reactions to this place. It was almost enough to make her grin, but the woman stopped it before it had a chance to appear. Showing emotion was a sign of weakness as Aaron always said. The bunch seemed to be a complete mismatch of survivors that seemed to come from different walks of life.

When one of them slammed their fists onto the table the woman was almost caught off guard and startled. Her eyes stared at this one from her sideline, it didn't take long for him to leave and for a woman to hurry after him. Curiosity managed to get the better of her and the cloaked woman was gone in an instance. Sneaking had become a skill she long knew had to utilize, even when you seemed like a suspicious figure. It didn't take long for her to find the two strangers beyond a door to the outside. The man pulled a cigarette and took a few drags from it and the two proceeded to have a conversation. Partly like minds, they had a feeling something was wrong just like her but they might ignore it?" No....trust...anyone..." She finally said once she appeared in the doorway to the outside. Her gravely voice seemed broken and distorted, as if she had trouble talking. Just as soon as she revealed herself she was walking back down the hallway. A cloaked figure suddenly standing in a doorway, obviously listening to a conversation couldn't be taken the wrong way right?
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 am

Haven looked at the ear. She swallowed slightly as she nodded slowly,"I know.." she whispered, she looked away as she pushed the bad thoughts to the back of her head. As she looked back at him, she was about to speak again before she heard the voice come from behind her, startled she turned around.

She looked the figure up and down as they spoke in broken english. Almost like they had trouble speaking the language or speaking in general. As she stepped closer the figure disappeared,"What... the.." she mumbled. She took a quick glance at William before she hurried towards the way the girl had went. As she did she made sure to keep her eyes on her as she pushed through the crowd before she caught up with her,"Excuse me.."she said softly,"who.. who are you..?"she asked the cloaked figure.

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:40 am

David put on his uniform duty cap and followed everyone else out. Of the group he and Joe who had managed to put his shirt, vest and cowboy hat back on had been the last of the group to leave the cabin.

Trailing some behind the group both men conversed about the situation at hand and began trying to formulate a plan. David nodded to a few points that Joe had made, and both men began agreeing on the most appropriate course of action.

“We’ll fill everyone else in on these ideas when we’re in private again. You keep Joey and Lana close and don’t let them out of your sight...”Joe looked at David, somewhat astonished the Marine had noticed the bond forming and simply nodded.

Finally they arrived at the breakfast and Joe went about keeping the girls within easy arms reach. David on the other hand stuck close to Ami and listened to Harold. His eyes locked on the main and David was very good at feigning interest.

“You’ll have to excuse the fact that most of us are having a hard time believing this perfect biblical world your speaking of. Especially with the hell we dealt with in the outside world...”. David crossed his arms over his chest as he spoke. His eyes locked on this mayor to gauge his responses and reactions.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:57 am

Sunset eyes cursed herself for evening showing herself to them as the woman went after her. Getting away and blending back into the crowd wouldn't be as easy as she had thought. Especially with her unusual get up. It wasn't kong before she heard the woman's voice behind and tried to ignore her. Escaping was no use with the other person right behind you. The only thing she could do was lead her away from the crowd of people at the buffet. Not saying a single word or giving any indication she was acknowledging her presence the woman led them away. To an empty hall that was deemed safe enough to say her piece.

Abruptly stopping and turning around Sunset eyes turned to face the woman, keeping her head low and face out of sight." No....safe...Eden...take friends....leave..while can....before regre-" She was trying to say before the figure erupted into a coughing fit, trying to massage her throat to calm it down. The grimace and the grunting she made would make it apparent talking was difficult and painful for her. Without waiting to see what the woman would or anything Sunset eyes walked by her and continued back towards the buffet like nothing happened. Hand still in her cloak, rubbing her neck. Maybe some water would be safe enough to drink?
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:03 am

Haven didn't like the warning. As she stood in the empty hallway alone they repeated in her head, turning towards the way the figure had gone she cursed under her breath seeing she had disappeared. She had to find her again, maybe she could leave without being noticed? She glanced towards the crowd of people before looking away, but then again she would be spotted by someone as an outsider.

Sighing softly she slowly walked back towards the table, a troubled look on her face,"Where is David?"she asked the group as she stood behind Joey and Lana.

----

Joey was glad when Joe joined them. She felt more at ease as she watched Lana go for more food, shaking her head slightly she smiled a little as she looked at Joe,"So I was thinking maybe we could get a family suite?"she suggested as she looked down at her hands,"I'd just feel better if you lived with us.."