The New World

CrashJr
Bronze

Re: The New World

Post by CrashJr » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:31 am

Monroe let out a deep huff and grabbed the railing to help himself up, looking at the group he gave a small nod before speaking softly. "We lost a lot to get here and now we know we lost a lot more, so let's all take a moment to grieve and then we can move forward." he nods again and lowers his head remembering the last time he had spoken to his kids and grandchildren. The silence that followed was nearly deafening to him as he wiped his face and he prayed that maybe somehow and someway they were alive, it was all he could do. After the brief moment of silence he looked at everyone and gave a small smile, "I know it may not count for much under how we all met, but I think of each of you as family now and no matter what happens from here on out we stick together like a family should" he nods and walks over grabbing his bag off the floor and heads outside finding Harold speaking with Agent Miller privately.

"Thank you, Mr. Curtis, for the kindness you're showing and we're sorry to have caused the trouble we did this morning" he says to Harold who turns and gives the slightly older man a smile.

"No need for apologies we are just looking out for the community, although some need to be told the lesson again" Harold nods looking back at Agent Miller with a hint of distain in his eyes.

Ami having listened to everything that Monroe said with a solemn nod, it felt so surreal, like everything that was happening was just a dream. Reality, however, hit her like a ton of bricks and she slowly walked back up the stairs and changed into somewhat new clothes before she loaded her bag up and went to follow Monroe outside. Stopping at the top of the stairs she looked at David for a moment then away before speaking, "Maybe, seeing as the world's over I guess, it wouldn't be so bad to stay in a safe place like this...or go back to the base" she shakes her head before walking down the steps then outside standing next to Monroe. She places a hand on his shoulder and lightly squeezes letting him know that she's there if he needs.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:00 am

Joey looked at Joe, seeing the look he gave her broke her heart a little. As she reached out she took his hand in hers and gave it a soft squeeze. The day the bombs went off she had known that her family was gone, but some of them still had hoped for theirs which was now gone. As Will yelled she jumped a little before shaking her head; turning her gaze she motioned for Lana who rushed over. Wrapping her arm around her younger sister she held her tight, she was glad she had Lana here with her.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:13 am

Feeling her hand in his, Joe relaxed and gave hers a squeeze back in return. Then when he saw Lana, Joe stepped over to them both and put his arms around them both protectively.

Joe knew he couldn’t offer much, but at the very least he could give his love to them both and keep them both safe. His eyes finally met with Joey’s, then he leaned in and gave her a soft kiss before his spoke, “Like the old man just said, were a family now.” He smiled at them both, but again his eyes would rest on Joey.

——————

David felt the reassuring squeeze on his shoulder, and he would have taken her hand if not for the sheer rage threatening to boil to the surface. When this Harold guy told them about what the military had been doing, it took every ounce of strength to hold back, to not snap and fly off the deep end. Then when Will went off about it, it just fed into David as his face turned white.

“Those fucking cowards!” His fist balled up and he slammed it into the wall, nearly putting a hole in the wall if it hadn’t been for the stud that he hit. “Shit gets tough and they run away?! Good fucking riddance! They don’t deserve the damn uniform!” Now he fully understood why the base commander had sent everyone out. The man wanted his men to be a help in the world and not run away to some military state at sea.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Joey and Lana leaned into Joe, as Joey looked down at Lana she felt like all hope had been lost. How was going to get her sister out of here now? She wondered as she looked back up at Joe she let out a small sigh,"Might as well make the most of what we have.." She whispered as she pulled him and Lana closer to her. These were the only people she had left, they both gave her hope for at least a better day. Even if they had to live here Joey knew she was going to be okay with these two by her side.

-----

Haven bit down on her lip as everyone went off. Looking down at her feet she felt useless, knowing there wasn't anything she could say to those two that would make it any better. As she ran a hand through her hair she turned on her heels and headed up the stairs, as she got to the room she entered it to sit on the bed.

Her idea of a brighter future was destroyed within minutes. The happiness she had found last night no longer lingered as her body went cold and her mind went numb, She needed a drink. A hard one. Standing up she grabbed her things before she headed back downstairs and outside where Monroe and Ami had went.

As she came outside she saw Ami talking with Curtis, as she sat down the steps she asked,"So is this the only safe haven around here?"She wanted to know her options in case things went to shit here.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Miller noticed Harolds look of disapproval, shrugging it off, knowing the man wasn't happy with him. His eyes watched Monroe as he approached and spoke to the both of them. His eyes rolling behind his sunglasses at Harolds words. "Well, breakfast should be ready soon. Everyone will be at the hall this morning. I expect you will be too." Miller spoke aloud before turning away from the house.

Will had stormed off, finding his way around the back of the house. This news Didn't change much, except piss will off about their decision. Sure this place seemed Okay, but with the raid this.morning he felt even more uneasy about it. Will scratched his bare torso as he placed a cig in his.mouth, lighting it to take a long drag as he leaned against the house, happy to be away from everyone.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:53 am

Haven heard Miller's words. As she watched him stroll off, Haven felt like something wasn't right. Standing up slowly she looked at Ami and Monroe before she hurried inside, as she came back inside she looked around before she spoke up to David,"I don't think this place is what we thought it was..." she said, her eyes darted to Joe, Lana and Joey,"and I don't think we should stay very long or maybe at all.. especially after all that,"she gestured around the room where the men had been just moments before with a worried look on her face.

She looked back towards David,"Just something doesn't feel right... at all... about anything anymore.. and the longer we stay the more trapped we might be." Haven wanted to run, she wanted to run to the farthest place from here and never look back.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:15 am

David watched as Ami took off after the guy. Clearly, David was still very much unpersueded about the idea of staying here.

As he was about to turn and to gather something more fitting to wear Haven rushed up to him expressing her fears and concerns. Somberly he nodded to her, his eyes locking on hers as he spoke in a more hushed tone so others outside would not hear him, “You don’t have to convince me Haven. I agree with you whole heartedly. For the time being I only ask that you just try to keep calm and roll with it for the time being. Once we find suitable transportation to get out of here we’re gone...”

He gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze then began to head off to change into something more fitting of a Marine.

—————

Joe continued holding the girls, and even though they were upstairs he could clearly hear what Haven and David were talking about. Sighing a bit he looked over at Joey and kissed her again, “I think we should stick with our original plan about heading south. I don’t know if this place is safe. Something in my gut tells me to get the hell out, and I’ll be damned if this be the first time I ignore it.”

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Haven watched as David walked away. As she looked over at Joey and Joe she shook her head a little before she sat down on the couch,"How do you expect to get out of here? We have no ride and something tells me that leaving isn't an option in their eyes.." she looked towards the door before looking back at them,"I don't think anyone ever leaves.."

----

Joey accepted the kiss with her own before she listened to both of Haven and Joe speak before looking down at Lana,"Go wash up before we go will you?"

Lana frowned a little but nodded as she hurried off. Joey then leaned against Joe as she spoke up,"I agree with Joe. We should move on but we will need a plan because going in blind can't be an option anymore... "

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:32 pm

Harold shook his head as Agent Miller began to walk ahead, "Don't mind him, that man takes on a lot of work...that is mainly due to my inability to do so with my health" he gives Monroe and Ami a smile. Before long everyone is finally outside and Harold begins to lead the way up the hill, "Again I personally welcome you all to Eden and unlike what you all may think this is a safe place that I started nearly a month ago. I along with my daughter, and a few other lost souls began this community in the hopes that we could rebirth and rebuild and expand out to take back the lands in the name of the Holy Book." He gives a small smile as two tall hotels come into view along with hundreds of people all dressed as if the world outside wasn't a living hell.

Several people wave and some give Harold a good morning which he replies to all in turn. "The two main hotels here have already been filled, and we have expanded to the cabins and smaller resort building just up the road. We are currently in the middle of setting up our crops and the lake down the road we have set up a fishing crew as well as a water purification crew. We have a multitude of jobs within this community ranging from the guard to kitchen staff." He stops and turns to the group as he comes to a stop in front of the sliding glass doors of the eastern hotel.

"So let us enjoy this wonderful meal that we are about to eat then we can begin to interview and set up each of you a room...or if you would like set up with a family suite" he nods feeling that even with the differences in everyone ahead of him, he knew that a world ending event like the bombs it would bring people together.

Ami partially listened to the man as they walked, this 'community' was really off. The people, it was as if all these people hadn't seen what as outside, that or they just opted to forget about it. She wasn't fully sure about this place completely, but this was a far better option then any other place at the moment. This place was real and here and she hoped that somewhere here she would find her daughter. That was when she came to realize she hadn't asked about her since arriving, "Hey, quick question, you know a lot of people here. By chance is there a girl here about 13 or 14, mixed Japanese and Mexican, she was adopted...Mia" she ask.

Harold pauses looking back at Ami for a moment before smiling, "I'm sorry but that name doesn't ring a bell, but I'll keep an eye out for you" he nods walking inside.

The inside of the hotel was luxurious and was filled with men, women, and children walking around and doing their own things. It felt somewhat nice and normal, it was sickening to Ami as the thoughts of the rich from before the bombs filled her mind. These people felt like those rich people, even if most were just working class she still felt at odds with these people here.

Monroe just silently followed more so in letting himself loose track in his own thoughts, that was until they walked into the lobby of one of the hotels then turned to glance at Ami who was looking around with a look in her eye, he knew that look. It was the look of her wanting to rob or kill everyone in the lobby, he gave a small chuckle as he watched her struggling with wanting to revert back to the old ways to trying to be a kind human being.

Harold continued to lead the group through the crowd stopping every few feet to shake hands with someone new. Eventually, however, they come to a large room with dozens of tables set up with people crowding each table. On the far end of the room was a long table that held on it aluminum trays filled with different foods. "Please eat to your fill and you all can join me at the table on the stage" he nods turning to walk ahead to the small stage with a single table across the room.

This was enough of an invite for Monroe as he walked ahead to the buffet table and began to load a plate with eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, potato's and everything that was unhealthy. It was a miracle in all honesty and he hadn't seen food like this since the last time he went to a diner before the bombs dropped.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Haven had followed along Joey and Lana. The girls took in the community, that's when it all seemed to hit Haven, dropping to a slower pace she took in the scene of humans, working and talking and... functioning like a normal society. Almost like nothing had happened to begin with, Haven flinched when she felt her nails dig into her palms, without realizing it she had managed to cut her palms a little. Wiping the blood away quickly she gripped the cuffs of her sweater.

How can they just... pretend like this? She wondered. Shaking her head a little she looked away, as they were lead through a hotel and into a room with a buffet set up Haven watched Monroe go for it.

She on the other hand picked up a piece of bread, examined it before taking a bit into it and moving to sit down. She was trying to take in everything the man had said, but it was almost too hard to accept. A society here, in a wasteland runned by monsters, black hooded creatures and who knows what else? No.. she couldn't do this, she had to get out of the country, wasn't that the plan ? She wondered as she looked at her group.

-------
Joey grabbed a plate for her and Lana before guiding her over to a table. As they sat down Lana grinned and grabbed a fork,"This is amazing!"she whispered to her sister before digging into the food. Joey gave her a small smile but something inside Joey told her nothing was right about this, looking over towards Ami and David she wondered why they had risked all these lives for a child. But as she looked down at Lana, she understood in a way, she too would start a war for her sister.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk