The New World

CrashJr

Re: The New World

Post by CrashJr » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:59 pm

The 12 hours felt longer and more grueling for Ami, sure they would make stops every so often but she remained in the drivers seat keeping her eyes focused ahead. She hadn't spoken a word since leaving the base and in all honesty she hardly had been paying attention to the road as played through the different ways of how she and her daughter would meet along with what all her daughter would say to her, and honestly no matter how happy she attempted to make Mia in the day dream she would always get jolted back to reality when she was asked 'why did you abandon me?'. The question was true she pretty much had, the night Loco was arrested and they took Mia broke her in a way that she still feels today. She remembers after it all she began to party harder, drink more, became more brutal, she did what she wanted to fill the hole made. She gripped the wheel a little tighter when she finally came to the conclusion that no matter what she said she wouldn't be able to give her daughter a proper answer to the question.

The sound of the radio shook Ami from her thoughts and she looked at it, she glanced around at the desert looking area around them. The sun peaking below the horizon and in the distance she could just barely make out the mountains, "fuck" she thought to herself and grabbed the radio. She must have took a wrong turn, but she wouldn't let them know that and instead she forced out her cocky smirk before replying. "Hey relax I know where we're going, just figured that we didn't need that convoy holding us back. We'll get there in no time" she nods setting the radio down having lied through her teeth, but she wasn't about to let anyone else know that.

Monroe had fallen asleep not even an hour after leaving the base, he was tired for sure but then again he thought it would just be a quick nap. No, when he awoke he saw that they were no where near where they should be at the time as he noticed the sun peaking down. He was about to ask Ami why they weren't there yet when the radio came to life with Joe's voice, he sat back and listened as the woman replied. Letting out a soft sigh and shaking his head he knew her well enough to know she was lying like an old dog under the sun, but she wasn't going to bring it up now instead just sitting back and seeing how Ami handles everything.

He then turns looking to Haven and Xander, "So what are your plans for when we get to this Eden place?" he ask just trying to pass the time now. He himself wasn't sure what he could do if this place was truly safe, but even if it was something tugged at the back of his mind about this place that just felt off but he couldn't quite place it.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Haven pulled her eyes away from the window, she thought about it for a few moments before saying,"Well I'm hoping they'll need a doctor or have a spot for one that I can get back to my work.."she nodded. Haven missed the hospital more than anything, she missed doing her rounds, going to get drinks after with her co workers or just simply hanging in the doctors lounge. As she looked back at Monroe she tilted her head a little,"What about you?"She asked him.

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Joe wanted to fling the radio. Even though he didn't know Ami all too well, he could tell when someone was lying to him. Looking in the rear view he looked at David, "Your girlfriend better get her bearings. I don't appreciate being lied to..."

With that Joe took off his cowboy hat and tossed it up on the dash.

---

David sighed, even he could tell Ami was lying to them. Then, without responding to Joes angry response, David stood back up in the gunners nest, then put on his night vision goggles as the last bit of daylight started fading. Even though the hummers had working headlights, he would need the goggles for watching their flanks.

Slowly he looked around, seeing basically nothing but empty spaces as he braced himself from the whiplash of hitting bumps and holes in the road.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Will groaned again as his head shifted to look at Ami. "Face it.. we're lost. Maybe you should... wait.." Will stopped mid sentence to roll the window down, quickly he stuck his head out and puked, vomit splattering on the vehicle and on the one behind them. Will wiped his mouth as he pulled his head back in, looking between them again. "We don't even know if this place is reall.. what if those people were just trying to lure us out of camp?" Will asked, starting to second guess their choice. He wasn't sure how much more of the car ride he could take. William wiped the sweat from his brow and sunk farther into the seat, listening to Monroe and Haven.

ash_minx

Post by ash_minx » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:35 pm

Xander hadn't said anything the whole ride, not like that was new for him. He had napped with Hunter on his lap, which was odd for the dog the size of Lana. He grunted awake when he heard mumbling over the radio, looking towards Ami as she spoke. He sighed and glanced outside, recognizing where they were for a moment. He had gone this way to get to the base after he tried Eden. Pushing Hunter off of him and standing up, he walked towards Ami and knelt by her side.

"I know where we are now. I can get us there from here, let me drive. You could use a break anyways, you probably have a lot on your mind."

Xander had ignored Monroe, not understanding why the old man had a sudden interest in who he was. He doubted he even knew his name. He had decided against joining in their conversation, not bothering to waste his time on people who didn't care. Hunter laid on the floor of the car, letting out a huff as he was pushed. He went back to sleep though, not bothering to care about the people around him.

~~~~~

Lena had talked with Lana or stayed quiet the whole ride, seeing that David had other things on his mind. She sighed when she found out that Ami was lying from Joe's remark. She had a dark look in her eyes when he said girlfriend though, still not over that little detail about David. She felt herself slipping, Al was trying to take over again. She let it happen, her concious slipping away.

Al found herself sitting next to Lana and her sister. Though they were all different personalities, they still had the same likes and dislikes. She groaned as she stood up, feeling the effects of sitting for 12 hours hit her. She seemed to glare at David for a moment, emotion from Lena still remaining a little bit. She walked to Joe and held her hand out for the radio. She already didn't like the idea of going to some unknown place. The fact that they were also lost made her irritated beyond belief.

"Let me talk to her. We apparently put the wrong person in charge. There is no excuse for this to be happening."
"Dreams are certainly nice, but aren't nightmares more exciting?"

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Coming to a stop Ami's stomach sank as she looked out finding a sign on the side of the road, it was one of those large wooden signs you could find leading in and out of a small town. "fuck" she muttered to herself as the sign read 'Welcome to Farmington, Arizona" and this was enough to make her loose it as she got out of the jeep and kicked the door after it closed, "FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT" she yells out to the now night sky before walking over to the sign punch at it. "everyone was happy and I stubbornly made everyone leave for me to get them lost" she says aloud punching the sign again before letting out a frustrated groan. Turning she walks past the sign and continues on the road for a few feet cursing herself out as she does, but she is halted when she trips on a piece of tire and falls into a ditch on the side of the road.

"Well fuck me some more will yeah...all we're missing is fucking rain" she calls out as she moves to get up. Every part of her is screaming and yelling at how stupid and stubborn she was, that not only had she pulled everyone along and had gotten lost but they were in a completely different state then where they were meant to met the convoy. She went to start climbing out of the ditch when something caught her eye, an old road sign lay on the ground just at the top of the ditch and as she climbs the few feet she slowly picks it up and looks at it in the light from the head lights. "Durango, Colorado 516 east to 550 north" she reads aloud and blinks a few times before throwing down the sign and turning to walk back to the jeeps.

Monroe nodded at Haven's idea for if or when they get to either this safe place or another, but with Will's comment he was brought back to reality and went to speak as well but the stop beat him to it as he saw the wooden sign. "Ami I'm..." he stops as she gets out and begins to loose her temper on the jeep door then the sign. He sigh before looking at Xander and Haven, "you two stay here I'll go talk to Joe and David" he nods getting out and walking over to the other jeep. "So Ami's got us lost it seems and she's loosing it. I'll drive the front jeep if you want to lead us to the ranch you had been talking about" he says to Joe and turns back to see as Ami begins to walk down the road.

"Look I apologize on her behalf and once we get everyone safe to your ranch her and I will leave to go find her daughter alone" he says softly looking up to David on the gunner, "We can't rely on false hopes" he says softly before beginning to walk back to the first jeep. He stops, however, spots Ami now covered in mud walks back to the jeep and leans into the front.

Ami only vaguely noticed Monroe was gone but she didn't care because all she wanted right now was to find Eden, find her Mia. "This is LA survivors just south west of Durango, Colorado looking for Eden, over" she waits a few seconds before repeating the message. A full minute passes with no response and she begins to get angry as she clicks the radio again this time with a frustrated tone, "Dammit someone out there please tell me that Eden is real, we are south west of Durango, Colorado...please just answer, over" her words becoming lower and sadder as she speaks until she left with a tear stained face and dead silence.

She felt a hand on her shoulder but shrugged it off before standing up straight and wiping her face. She takes a few breaths before walking to the second jeep and looking Joe in the eyes, "I...my stubbornness got us lost" he says sadly.

The radio crackles to life as a young woman's voice comes over the radio, "Hello LA survivors this is Eden, apologies about the no response it's my first day working the radio. Durango, Colorado is just south of Eden just continue north on 550 and look for signs for a Purgatory Resort. Eden, formally known as Purgatory, is now home to nearly 2,000 other survivors and is lead by our founder and mayor Mr. Harold Curtis. I will give world to the south gate guard post about your arrive, have safe travels and god bless ya" the woman's voice then cuts out.

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am

Joe just shook his head at Monroe as he watched Ami go off the deep end. Sighing a bit he looked to the older man, someone who he naturally held a great deal of respect for, "Don't apologize on her behalf Monroe, she's a grown woman, not a kid."

David just simply sat down back in the hummer and rubbed his eyes, clearly annoyed with how things were turning out. He didn't even really respond when Ami came walking up to the hummer.

Joe eyed Ami as she stepped up and apologized. After chewing on his answer a moment, Joe finally spoke, "Look, all in gonna say is-" the radio crackling quickly interrupted him as both hummer radios were running the same channel.

"Hello LA survivors this is Eden, apologies about the no response it's my first day working the radio. Durango, Colorado is just south of Eden just continue north on 550 and look for signs for a Purgatory Resort. Eden, formally known as Purgatory, is now home to nearly 2,000 other survivors and is lead by our founder and mayor Mr. Harold Curtis. I will give world to the south gate guard post about your arrive, have safe travels and god bless ya"

Joe and David exchanged glances, then Joe looked back at Ami and Monroe as David asumed his gunner spot again, "Alright, I'll take point now Ami, you just stay on my ass."

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:13 am

Haven didn't like how things had turned. As the radio crackled and the voice came over, she leaned forward to hear what they were saying better. As she glanced at the others she had a bad feeling about all of this, as she sat back in her seat she looked back out the window. What if this had all been a trap? What if she had been right to begin with? She wondered as her stomach turned a little, she didn't like the feeling she was getting one bit.

As she looked forward she saw Joe's vehicle take the lead. As Ami and Monroe came back she raised an eyebrow,"So we are going ahead with this?"she asked, she wouldn't protest or anything but her gut was telling her to get out of that car and run in the opposite direction.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:06 pm

Feeling cramped, sweat starting to bead, sking starting to crawl. "Fuck I can't take this." Will mumbled as he swung the door open and rolled out, landing hard on the ground. Slowly he pushed himsf up, holding himself up on the keep as the cool breeze of the night air started to hit him. It seemed everything was more peaceful the further away from the explosions they got. They hadn't seen a single animal, or ghoulish creature since they left LA.

"Two thousand?" Will asked aloud as he pressed himself against the bumper of the jeep. "That's like a whole..." Wills words cut short by a familiar sound. Helicopter blades? Wait.. a Helicopter.. there were three of them, flying rather low and quickly. The flashing lights from the tail quickly zoomed over head as the loud passing noise of the choppers started to fade as it headed south. "Hey that was military!" Will yelled out as he watched the birds fade into the dostance. Military was still around? If that actually was military.. why were they going south?

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:12 pm

Haven flung the door open as she heard them. As she watched the choppers fly over her, the tiny voice that told her to run grew louder. Her feet shuffled forward slightly before she stopped and looked back at the truck and Will before she looked back at the way they had flown. Her heart sank as she realized she wouldn't do it, something told her to stay. Maybe it was because she knew they needed her or maybe it had everything to do with Will and her feelings for him. But whatever it was it made her turn back around,"Come on just a few more miles Will... how about we get back into truck? Maybe come sit in the back with me?"She suggested as she opened the door and gave him a small smile of encouragement.