The New World

Post Reply
User avatar
ash_minx
Sr. Member
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by ash_minx » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Xander shook his head and rubbed his hand against Hunter's head, hating the idea of going with these other people. He glared at the guy who called him Skeletor, hating the fact that no one even noticed him. He let out a breath and stepped up to Ami, putting a hand on her shoulder lightly.

"Hunter and I will come along with you. The less people that travel, the better. We can go quick and come back, we don't need that many people. I don't have ties with anyone here so it's best if only us go."

Xander spoke in her ear quietly, not wanting the others to hear for several reasons. He nodded towards her, telling her to make a decision that was best for all of them. He was easily discardable, besides, it would give him another excuse to keep looking for his gang. They were the only family he's known and trusted besides Hunter.

~~~~

Lena kept her head down and only listened, not daring to speak up again. She would stay wherever David and Lana were, relying on them only so far. She sighed at the sound of Eden, hoping it was true but still feeling uneasy about the whole thing. She was about to get lost in thought when she saw something moving out of the corner of her eye. Turning her head to look better, she saw Lana sneaking around.

Lena smiled slightly and shook her head. Since she was at the back of the group, she was able to slip away easily without being noticed. She walked towards the girl and decided to watch with her, deciding there was no harm in her knowing what was going on. She spoke in a soft voice so no one would hear, not like anyone would pay attention though.

"Hey little one, curious about what's going on? Nothing too interesting so far, just a lot of arguing. Ami wants to go find her daughter so everyone's arguing about who should go. Then there's this place called Eden that is supposed to be a safe place for us. Everyone's arguing about that too. Do you want to keep listening or want to go play? I don't think we'd be much help here anyways."
"Dreams are certainly nice, but aren't nightmares more exciting?"

User avatar
Wanderlusst
Silver
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 am
Gender: Female
Location: Canada eh?
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:14 pm

Lana smiled as Lena joined her. She looked around at everyone before she tilted her head to look at Lana,"Does that mean we are leaving then?"she asked. Lana had grown used to the place they were staying at already that moving again seemed like a drag. Lana looked down at her feet,"It sucks... moving around... I wish I was home.."she mumbled as she thought about home and her parents.

User avatar
DatGuyDusty
Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:56 pm
Location: Meme-Planet
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by DatGuyDusty » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 pm

Alexander walked out of the infirmary, sighing a bit as he walked towards the group talking. He walked over, sliding a clip into his pistol and nodding a bit as he listened to them all.. "...It sounds like a trap. I've never heard anything about Eden, never heard or saw anyone passing through." He said, looking at the others with a small sigh. "But, you're gonna need people to help you. Me and Dria, we can go." He said, looking back to see his sister stumble out of the infirmary behind him.

She walked up, clutching her bandaged arm a bit as she looked at them all. Then she punched Alexander in the arm, glaring. "...I've never met any of them formally, and you want us to go to Eden? Have you told them that we didn't-" She stopped as Alex nods, looking at everyone with a concerned look. "...You all are blindly stumbling into the unknown, yeah? Why not send a small envoy, a group of people? Make contact. This is a pretty sweet dig you got, be a shame to lose it-"

"They are discussing that now, Dria." Alex says, looking over at the girl as she nodded. "...She makes a point though. Why vote? Go for the best of both worlds. A small group of 4-5 people take the truck, while others remain here to see if anyone survived in the local area."
"Who are you, who do not know your history?"

User avatar
Wanderlusst
Silver
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 am
Gender: Female
Location: Canada eh?
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Haven nodded at what the girl said,"She has a point, so David, Lana, Joey , Joe and Monroe stay behind while the rest of us go. It's best if some stay behind just in case but it seems like the rest of us our keen on going so let's stop bickering of who's going and who isn't and let's take the truck and get going. It seems this had already worked itself out,"she nodded before she looked around at everyone else. They were burning daylight standing here talking and arguing about who should stay and go when it had seemed that anyone who wanted to go had already offered to go.

Reznik
Sr. Member
Posts: 778
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:09 pm
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by Reznik » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:44 pm

David was going to protest, but was cut off when everyone else spoke their peace. He sighed heavily as he looked around at everyone.

"Well I guess the decision is made. We got two running humvees in the motor pool, one with a roof mounted gun. We can take the pickup truck and armored bank van if y'all want, or just take the two military trucks." With that he grabbed his gear bag and his service rifle and started walking towards the motor pool.

---

Joe watched as David walked away, then he looked over at everyone as he adjusted his cowboy hat, "Well lets saddle up." He reached down and grabbed a bag that he had put some supplies into, then shouldered his 12 gauge, checked that his pistol was holstered, then finally grabbed his AR15 and followed suit after David.

Joe preferred the armor of the bank van, but felt the 4x4 capability of the hummers was a batter choice.

User avatar
Wanderlusst
Silver
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 am
Gender: Female
Location: Canada eh?
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Lana heard Joe and David and without a word she hurried into the barracks where Joey was sleeping. She shook her sister as she spoke,"Joey come on we are going now.."

Joey groaned as she pulled herself from the bed. As she stood up she wrapped an arm around Lana and leaned on her as she walked with her younger sister. As they walked back outside Lana lead Joey to one of the vecihle and climbed in the back.

As Joey sat beside her sister she rubbed her eyes as she woke up, knowing if they were heading back out there she would have to be fully aware, Lana was now her main priority. Especially in a world like this.

User avatar
DatGuyDusty
Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:56 pm
Location: Meme-Planet
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by DatGuyDusty » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Alexander nodded, tossing the keys to Dria who started to walk to their truck. "We'll take our truck, loop behind to pick stuff up on the way. Anyone who wants to come with, meet us by the truck." He said, watching Dria get to the truck and start sorting out the supplies in the back. He walked over, punching her arm with a nod. "Sorry, for..."

"Don't... Say sorry. Wasn't your fault." Dria said, loading their bag in the back. She opened it partly, rooting around for a pistol. "...What you did to that thing, it was... Unexpected. You're a lot more cautious than that." Then she pulled out a clip, loading it in the gun as her brother shrugged.

"I was angry, what can I say?"
"Who are you, who do not know your history?"

User avatar
CrashJr
Bronze
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:37 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Merica, USA
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by CrashJr » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Ami seemed to be in a trace after proving this Eden place was real, "LA survivors to Eden convoy 7. Eden convoy 7 we will be tailgating along with our eta 12 hours, over" she says into the makeshift CB. This time she doesn't reply and instead just gets out and begins to walk back to the barracks to gather her stuff.

"Roger that, LA survivors, permission to tailgate from Reno to Eden granted" the voice over the radio calls out.

Ami gathers her things and stops to look at herself in the mirror. "Okay if Mia is there then she is safe, we all can be safe" she nods and takes a few rapid breaths feeling a mixture of joy and fear as she sits on the nearest bunk and looks at the floor. "She's going to be there...I'm going to find her..." she says softly gripping the bunk frame so tightly that her knuckles turn pale white. She probably looked pathetic sitting there, she thought before standing and walking outside.

"Okay Joey, Haven, Lana, David, and Joe in one jeep. Alex and Dria are riding alone in their truck so that means Lena, Will, Xander, and Monroe you four are with me" she nods walking over to the jeep with the makeshift CB radio and takes a seat in the drivers seat. She wasn't sure if anyone had listened to her or if they already figured who would ride with who or whatever, she didn't care honestly she focused mainly on finding her daughter.

____________________________

Monroe watched as Ami walked back to the barracks and listened to everyone speaking, he was a little worried about Ami but he knew better then to follow to talk to her. So he stayed and nodded to David as he and Joe began to walk to the other jeep while Alex and Dria walked to their truck. He himself just leaned on the jeep that he stood next to, to begin with. He didn't trust this idea, Eden just sounded to good to be true and well something about it seemed off to him. "They say when the world ends the crazies come out...let's hope this isn't that" he spoke the words aloud as he looked up to the sky seemingly loosing himself in thought.

This wasn't long though as he soon heard Ami's voice and with a reluctant shrug he opened the door to the back seat and sat down behind the front seat, "Ami look I know that this seems great, but even the venomous snakes have pretty colors...I just think..."

"Monroe shut up...this is a good thing...Mia will be there and we will be safe until things go back to normal" she had cut of Monroe rather coldly and he was a bit shocked by it, but he let it slide knowing that she had already decided this for herself. He just hoped that this would turn out alright like she said.

User avatar
Wanderlusst
Silver
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 am
Gender: Female
Location: Canada eh?
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Haven didn't like the idea of being departed from Will. But she didn't protest either, it wasn't like he needed her that badly. As she stood up she hopped out of the back of the truck and grabbed her things, before she hurried towards the other truck she stopped by Will's window,"If you feel sick or... need me just radio in and I'll be here.."she said as she unzipped her bag.

She pulled out a can of peaches and a water bottle,"Here take these,"she then glanced at the truck, this would be the longest she would be away from Will in weeks. Who would she talk to? She shook her head before she gave him a small smile before she rushed over to the other truck and climbed into the back.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:38 am
Contact:

Re: The New World

Post by JoJoTheClown » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Will sat in the front seat, waiting for the others to 'saddle up.' "Great, a tigger happy woman, a junkie, a old biker with a bad back, skeletor, and mumble mouth. The fucking dream team!" Will spouted with false enthusiasm as he closed the door. Obviously he wasn't too excited about his choice of company, but atleast he got the front seat.

"Thank you.." Will told Haven as she handed him good and water though the window. Being away from her would be.. weird, but he wasn't going to protest. He wanted to kiss her before she walked away, leaving Will feeling a bit confused as he watched her leave. William sighed, sinking into his seat. The next 12 hours were going to be hell.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 4 guests