The New World

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Re: The New World

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:23 pm

-Skip-

Three days sober. It was progress. For the most part, Will kept himself away from the rest of the group. Aside from Haven, Will didn't really speak to anyone. Occasionally he would exchange words with Joe or monroe, but nothing too deep. The pain of losing his friend was hurting a little less every day, but he had to push Leo to the back kf his mind. The important thing for now was too focus on getting through the withdrawls. The sadness only brought on his itch to get high. And thay was the last thing everyone needed right now.

David insisted they go look for Ami's daughter, sooner than later. Will wasn't too keen on the idea initially of course. But now that he was more or less fully healed, the idea of traveling didn't seem as bad. It seemed David was really starting to trust this woman. To William, he was letting his feelings for this woman put the whole group in danger. No one here knew exactly what was out there. La was only a small piece, and these crazy fuckers wanted to go towards the bombs. The idea made Will feel uneasy, but he had already agreed. But it definitely wasn't because he wanted to.

Will sat on the bed of one of the military trucks, the sunrise peeking over the trees as the camp slowly became illuminated. All of his things were already packed and in the truck as he waited for the others. Although he figured the only ones likely to be awake this early was David and the old fuckers. -Wouldnt be a bad name for a band..- Will thought as he watched the sun creep up.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Haven and Joey had both gone to bed late last night. After multiple episodes of asthma attacks from Lana neither woman was willing to fall asleep. Instead they took turns waking Lana whenever she had an attack and taking care of her, eventually they had stopped where both girls had snuck out to drink the whiskey Haven had found three days ago.

It was the first time Haven had true contact with anyone else but William. But Haven didn't mind being by Will's side, especially since he had kept to his promise. So she would stick to hers and be the support he needed, as Haven felt someone move beside her she stirred slightly as her eyes fluttered open to see Joey pulling herself from the cott they had both shared last night.

Joey put a finger to her lips as she smirked slightly before pointing to Lana who still slept peacefully on the other bed. Haven sat up and nodded before she looked around the room, knowing today they were heading out Haven pulled herself from the warm bed and gathered her things.

As she stepped outside to load them up the sunlight of the morning hit her face, dropping one bag she sheilded her eyes,"Fuck.."she groaned.

Joey wasn't far behind as she too got both her and Lana's things together. However the sun didn't bother her much, as she loaded up one of the trucks she reminded herself to ask about stopping by a pharmacy to grab Lana some new inhalers.

ash_minx

Post by ash_minx » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 pm

Xander hadn't spoken to anyone besides Ami the last three days, guessing that no one still trusted him. It would only be Hunter and him, usually staying outside away from everyone. He had heard that they were planning on searching for Ami's daughter, something he wasn't looking forward to. He didn't mind kids, in fact he loved them. He just didn't like the idea of being around so many people he didn't trust, and didn't trust him.

Xander had his backpack, ready to leave whenever the group wanted to. He was outside with Hunter, the two laying in the grass for their last taste of freedom. Xander hadn't slept that night, he usually would be outside at night anyways. He didn't like the thought of nightmares plaguing his slumber as they usually would. Hunter had stayed with Xander outside but the dog felt safe with his owner and slept comfortably.

~~~~~

Lena had reigned over the body for the past few days, deciding that it would be a good idea so people weren't suspicious of her personalities. She trusted David not to tell anyone, trying to spend as much of her time with him as she could. It felt a bit awkward for her but she had to push through it at one point. The times she weren't with David, she tried to be with Lana. These were the only two she felt comfortable with, not really liking how everyone else judged her.

Lena had fallen asleep early that night, deciding it would be best if she got enough sleep. She didn't like the idea of going to find Ami's daughter, only because David was so insistent on it. She already knew how he felt, she just wished she could change it. Lena was never selfish, she just wanted to have something for once. The shy woman laid in her bunk, still drowsy from barely waking up. These thoughts filled her head as tears slid down her face silently. She doubted anyone would notice since not many people ever laid attention to her.
"Dreams are certainly nice, but aren't nightmares more exciting?"

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:04 am

The last three days had been a blur for Ami as she began to get ready to leave, David was adamant about going to look for her and trying to get the rest of the group to agree to go as well; however, she wasn't sure about it. Honestly, she would shrug at it figuring that if just her and Monroe had to go then it would be faster to her and they could be back within a few weeks if things went well. Now, however, she stay on the side of David's bed with a lit cigarette hanging from her lips loosely. She wore a red tank top she had found from one of the chest in front of the bunks and nothing else, she panted a little and wiped sweat away from her forehead.

"Sorry about the bite on your shoulder...it's been so long I forgot I do that" she says with a nod to David reaching down to pull on the boxer briefs she found in the same chest as the tank top. "And you owe me a drink, minute man" she jokes with him blowing out the drag she took as she began to dress. Things had moved rather fast for her and David in the last few days and even if she held off for another two days after saving Dria she couldn't last long and just about an hour ago she practically dragged the man into the room.

Once dinner a few days ago Monroe decided to spend his time working to do any repairs to the truck from where Alex had hit the large freak as he and Ami told the group, while working he would speak with people passing by occasionally. With the day before him putting together a makeshift CB radio, a trick he had learned from a trucker years back.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:34 am

The past three days had flown by. Joe had practically spent every moment he could with Joey and Lana, well when Lana wasn't having asthma issues. Unlike everyone else it seemed, Joe was content taking a more traditional approach to his and Joeys relationship. He had been firm in the fact that he didnt want to rush things, and wanted to do things right.

As the sun rose, he found himself outside watching the sun rise. He had been thinking things over in his head continually, and he was going to be making a point today. He respected David's need to find Ami's daughter, but at the same time, Joe didnt want to put anyone in unnecessary danger either. Lana was in no condition to travel that far, and he knew Joey needed to stay close by. Haven really needed to stay back for the same reason since her skills were so important.

He absent mindedly kicked at a rock, frustration ever apparent on his face as he mulled over what all he was going to say.

---

David had done everything he could, fought and battled to try and get things rolling. He knew he was becoming very unpopular with the group, especially with this mission coming up. Slowly he sat up and rubbed his face, then stood and put on his combat BDU pants. Most of his combat gear had been stored here on base for safe keeping, so he managed to keep a couple of BDU uniforms ready.

Looking over his shoulder, he just rolled his eyes and smirked, "I don't see you complaining. Hell I think the count was what, your three to my one?" Despite the speed of everything, and their rocky start, David felt strongly for Ami, and it was evident with everyone. Thus far the only other people that seemed to be able to stand being around David was Monroe and Lena. Monroe since he knew how important this was to Ami, and Lena because David knew her the best, and was doing what he could to help her without jeopardizing his relationship with Ami.

His eyes looked her up and down a bit and just kept grinning, "We'll get your stamina up to match mine eventually chica." He laughed at the last part then stepped over to his desk. He placed both palms down on the desk top as he looked over the map. He did his best to hide his frustration, but today was the day he was failing miserably. He was going to help Monroe and Ami go after her daughter, just now he wasn't too sure about everyone else. And he knew he was failing them all, and that he was taking this all personally.

He lowered his head and sighed heavily as he stood there.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:15 am

Joey looked over her shoulder to see everyone was coming out of the barracks. As Joey made her way back towards the door she noticed Joe off to the side kicking at rocks, Joey stopped in her tracks and looked around before she slowly made her way over towards him,"Hey.."she said softly,"you okay?"she asked. Joey showed signs of exhaustion on her face from staying up almost all night due to Lana's attacks, but she still managed to keep up, Jo was used to it.

As she looked around she said,"Haven was saying it might get bad out there due to radation, and that we should be more careful... seems some are worried and some... aren't really giving this a second thought huh?"

-----

Haven made sure everything was ready, she knew that if they ran into any radation today they would be fucked. Well unless she could get them to a hospital, but Haven doubted that would be an option. She sighed slightly, she wasn't going to be able to do her job very easily soon, everything was running low and Haven didn't know if a mission for medical supplies was important enough, As she glanced towards Joey and Joe she also remembered they had ran out of inhalers last night.

Squeezing her eyes shut Haven knew she had her work cut out for her today. As she leaned against the truck, Haven thought about her first day at the hospital, it had been more crazy than anything she had seen before and there had been tons of supplies for her to use. Haven remembered the sound of the monitors, the rushing feet, the smell of bleach and that... doctor smell, God she missed the doctor smell. Clean and fresh.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:53 am

Joe heard that voice, and instantly his expression lightened when he heard her and saw her. Without much thought he naturally slipped his arm around her waist to hold her, and at the same time make it to where she could lean on him for support.

"Radiation will be kept towards the main cities. My planned route will take us away from those areas...." He then closed his eyes for a moment, then looked down at her, "I'm going to talk to David when he gets up...If he wants to lead a mission for the girl that's fine. The rest of us either need to stay put, or proceed south as planned."

The worry was evident in his face, but also the unmistakable drive to protect Joey and Lana was there and ever present. "Come on, I'll keep my eyes on Lana, you however darlin need sleep." He leaned down and softly brushed his lips to hers for the first time.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:09 am

Joey was about to protest that she was fine but didn't get a chance to as she found Joe's lips on hers. Joey's eyes closed as she pressed her lips more firmly to his before pulling away after a few moments, her head swimming from the kiss,"Uh.. Yeah sleep sounds good.."Joey breathed out before she turned away.

As she did she touched her fingers to her lips before she grinned and hurried off. As she entered the barracks she found Lana sitting on the bed,"Hey kiddo."

Lana looked over at her sister before she looked down,"Sorry about last night..."

Jo frowned as she walked over to her younger sister and lifted her chin slightly,"Never apologize for something that you have no control over, got that?"

Lana nodded before she moved over so Joey could lay down. As Joey got comfortable Lana took her hand and started to sing softly,"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
They strung up a man
They say who murdered three
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree
Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree.." As Joey fell asleep Lana's voice faded off before she pulled herself from the bed. Lana layed a blanket across Jo before smiling a little, she was glad she still had Joey in this world.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:05 am

Ami shook her head at David as she pulled on her jeans and she watches the man walk over to his desk and look at the map that he, Joe, and Monroe were planning out for the trip. She let out a soft sigh looking down, "David...you need to stay with the group...you and Monroe" she looked over at him with a sorrowful look in her eyes. "Face it Monroe's back isn't getting any better and with him out of meds for it he will need help around, plus the group would need the extra pair of hands with you. I'm going to go ask if anyone wants to go with me, but you and Monroe stay here" she says in a concerned tone before walking out of the room then the barracks soon after.

The sun felt nice and she honestly wanted to relax a bit in it, but seeing the majority of the group outside she calls out. "Hey so I decided I would change the plans...David I know has been wanting to be overly helpful in helping me find Mia, but I know a lot of you have other plans so I'm asking whoever wants to come with me then come with me and the rest go do what they want. Haven, I know we aren't really close or anything like that but can you do me a favor and help Monroe find him stuff for his back if you and Will are wanting to still head to the east. I know he ran out a few days ago. Well I'm going to leave in a few hours if anyone wants to come willingly then you can, but honestly David and Monroe can't follow me unless everyone goes because Monroe's health and David is needed with the major part of the group" she nods and turns walking to the mess hall to gather a few supplies for herself.

She honestly didn't know if anyone would come with and a part of her was sad at the thought. She had begun to actually make friends with everyone here, but she knew well enough that everyone had their own plans and wanted to hurry along with them. As she was at the door of the mess hall she heard Monroe yell from the drivers side of one of the jeeps.

"HEY WE GOT SOMETHING ON THE RADIO!" the old man yells out and this was enough to cause Ami to raise her eyebrow and walk to the jeep.

Monroe had been busy most of the morning working on the CB radio, well working on getting it to work properly. It was a slow process to be honest, but that didn't stop the old man. That was until he got a damn good shock when trying to connect a few wires, "sum bitch" he blurts out shaking his hand wildly to get the numb feeling to go away as he looks back at the radio. Static was all that could be heard since the day after the bombs dropped and Monroe really did hate it, he missed turning on some classic country and seeing along but that wouldn't ever be the case again it seemed. As feeling began to return to his hand he reached down to grab for the wire he dropped with his arm running along the dial making it change channels quickly, but something caught his attention and he stopped looking at the radio. "The hell...that wasn't static" he says to himself and begins to turn the dial back slowly having heard a voice he thought.

"World..." he stopped as he heard a voice and let out a wild grin leaning out of the door a little he began to yell for the others.

"HEY WE GOT SOMETHING ON THE RADIO!" he yells out and turns fully back to the radio as a man's voice begins to speak again.

"Hello one and all that has survived this awful event that has fallen over this great country, but fear not for there is hope. A light in the darkness that has been cast over this world. There is safety, there is hope, there is a home for all of those that have lost so much. Come to the town of Eden, Colorado where you will be welcomed with open arms and together we can all truly make this land a newer and better world." the message caused Monroe to laugh aloud, sure it sounded cheesy if not a little cliché but damn was it nice to know that somewhere there was someone or people that actually made a safe place. He gave a grunt standing up out of the jeep as the message begins to play again.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 am

Haven groaned when Monroe yelled. His booming voice rattled her brain, as she lifted her gaze she listened to the radio before shaking her head,"Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me..."she mumbled before she pushed herself off the truck and made her way away from the loud noise of the radio. Haven didn't believe the words that came from the radio though, something had told her that this place, Eden wasn't real. As she glanced around at everyone else though she waited to see what their reactions would be, fall into the mouse trap? Or run away from it? She wondered.