Chaos Chronicles

Reyn
Member+

Re: Chaos Chronicles

Post by Reyn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:54 pm

"Your highness, do not suggest such a thing!" Irongate seemed genuinely angry at the proposal, gripping the hilt of the sword tightly "Do you have any idea how much training the royal guards must go through!? It's not just combat, is it? It's a lot of things;
politics, loyalty, a code of honour... and you think this thing is trustworthy enough to gain that position without the years of training!? May I remind you that this is a murder trial and that this man is here for murder, as well as the destruction of damn near an entire district! And you want him to be a royal guard- no, you want him to be my equal!?"

She stepped forwards, glaring at the king through her helmet. This was absurd; Irongate hadn't been this angry since... well, the memory was a little fuzzy, but it was a long time ago. To think that all of her training would be pointless! She could have just shown up to Lyphia, murdered a few strangers, then done one nice little favour for the princess and she would be showered in praise and authority. It made her nauseous.

"Forgive my sudden outburst." She sighed "But I'm afraid I cannot stand by and watch as the ruler of the kingdom I serve with my life offers to do something so undeniably stupid as this. The only reason you have to trust this man is one favour he did for you.
How can that possibly negate all that he's done, let alone make him appear trustworthy enough for a position so close to your only heir? It is clear that he is dangerous, and his crimes make it clear that he is unstable. Putting this much trust in him is just opening yourself up for attack. At the very least, you should only reward him with a prison sentence."

--------

A bit stressed. Ha. That was an understatement. Val sighed heavily as the woman spoke, still not being entirely relieved of suspicion. What kind of business would she have in a dead town? Surely anyone reasonable would have cancelled after what happened... but, then again, why did he care?

"Val." He said bluntly, keeping his hands by his side and refusing her handshake "And that's where you're wrong. I travel quite a lot, actually. I suppose it's one way to spend my... retirement.".

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:03 pm

Ira stood there, his cocky smile and proud look in his eyes was replaced by anger. “You want me to be your lapdog?! Bastard!” He shouted as he moved forward suddenly, but before he could cover much ground the guards pointed their spears at him from all angles. He stood there, his eyes now more red then before, giving a death glare at the king. It was clear that Ira would have killed the king if he could. “I guess I should’ve expected this from royalty.” He said with a growl as he looked at Wivea, guessing she had some part in this. He definitely needed to blow of some steam at this point, or get completely wasted. But for now Ira stood there, his glare unending. “Fine. I will be your slave.” He said with pure spite, he figured they had no way to really keep him there. So he was planning on escaping the next chance he could. After all, he wasn’t the one that broke the deal. So his honor, whatever little was left, would take no hit from escaping.

Then Ira heard the guard next to the royal family protest. And he chuckled. “Nice to see that this bitch is on my side.” His words were practically dripping with spite. The king broke his word, and he wasn’t sure if the princess was really ever going to keep her word either, Ira couldn’t believe now spineless they all were. He wanted to see it all burn now, he wanted to see their blood run down their fancy clothes. But he was in no position for such a thing.

Raven could feel Ira’s rage, it was pleasing to her. She knew he would relax eventually, and that she could keep him from doing anything too stupid till then.
“Oh death, you have chosen your hand. Now who will deal and who will die?”-Sin

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Wivea felt eyes land on her and looked at Ira as he had a disapproving look on his face, causing her to look down in shame as if she had done something to make this happen. Calantha was also going off on the King for his decision to make Ira a personal guard for Wivea. She shook her head as she suddenly felt dizzy. This was all happening too quickly for her to understand what was happening. ”General Irongate, this man has powers that benefit us greatly, so loosing him would be a big mistake. We can’t loose this opportunity.” Wivea was disgusted by her father’s words. It seemed liked he only cared to make Lyphia stronger, as if they weren’t already a big kingdom. ”Father, you never told me you were going to make such a deal. You can’t juggle simply toy with peoples’ lives like this! This isn’t how we Teronia’s are!” Wivea said, walking up to her Father, clearly distressed. She turned around to face Ira and the guards who all held spears up to him. ”Lower your Spears! This man has every right to be angry at my father.” She stated. It was clear she wasn’t happy with her father’s decision, but she couldn’t deal with that right now. ”Father, let me speak with Ira in private.” She said, turning to look back at the king. ”And why would I allow tha?” He asked, raising an eyebrow. ”Cause I doubt he’d want to listen to anything else you’d have to say. So please, let me try and convince him.” Wivea was almost desperate to leave the courtroom. She couldn’t handle the overwhelming atmosphere anymore and simply needed a breather to gather her thoughts. ”Alright then.” Ternius said, gesturing for them to leave the room. Wivea nodded her head and glanced back at Ira and walked past him, waving her hand for him to follow.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27 pm
Thot Who Insulted My Wife

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Ira huffed with anger, but he followed, his eyes glaring at the king all the way out. He waited for them to get somewhere a bit private before he started to speak. “I should have never trusted you people. I’ve known bandits with enough honor to keep their word.” He said with spite. He had half a mind to kill the princess, but he felt something keeping him a bit more calm. Raven was passively influencing his emotions to slightly calm him. “Perhaps the rumors are true of you.” He said with an angry sigh. It would be hard to get him to listen to reason. His hand passively went to the gold and silver charm around his neck, running his thumb around it to help calm himself.

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Seran had his eyes closed and kept still as he knelt chained to the floor, clearing his mind and focusing himself. His headache was becoming clearer now and Seran could finally start to focus on the situation around him without hurting too much. Seran shook his head slightly and looked up, examining the room. There were many people there, but he ignored them and kept his focus on the Princess, the King and the man who had brought him there. Apparently there was a dispute between the man who had captured him and the royal family and Seran had joined into the conversation just as the Princess and the man made a deal to speak in private, leaving Seran with the King, the guards and the rest in the room. Well great. Looks like I'm stuck here. Seran stretched his limbs slightly, getting into a more comfortable kneeling position now that he was more focused, trying his best to ignore the chains. He knew it would be a bad idea to talk, but was impatient enough as it is and Seran just wanted to get out of the situation as soon as possible. "So can we just get whatever reason I was brought here over with? Or do we have to wait for those two?"
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Wivea lowered her head at the comments Ira made and sighed, rubbing the back of her neck before raising her head again, looking into Ira’s eyes. ”Believe what you want to believe, but I assure you that my father and I never made a deal. If I was ruler, I would have let you go after you completed the deal, but Father is much different.” Wivea stated. Her heart was racing. She was afraid Ira would try to do something but she couldn’t show it. People take advantage of you when you’re scared, especially if you’re the ruler of a country. She stayed silent before speaking again. ”Let me make a deal with you Ira.” It was a bold move. Especially how the last two deals with Ira had gone. ”I don’t like how things are going within Lyphia. I doubt that attack was from a rivaling kingdom, we have very few enemies and if we do, they’re small kingdoms. I’d like you to help me find the culprit. If you can help me, I promise to make it up. You don’t have to agree with me. You can leave the palace if you wish. But, that’d make you an enemy of Lyphia.” Wivea said, gripping the edges of her dress.

The guard next to Seran and jabbed him in the guy with the blunt of his spear to silence him.
InquisitorRothus wrote:

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Ira looked away for a second. His instincts were telling him to trust her, and he always went with his instincts. “Oh god, I wish you were here.” He whispered as he focused on the charm. Taking a second to try to calm himself. He very clearly started to calm down, and once he felt he was calm enough to speak, he did so. “No matter if you were lying or not, I owe you a life debt. It’s an old tradition my mother showed me, and I follow some of her traditions.” He said as he took a deep breath, finally looking back at Wivea. His eyes were no longer red, they were his normal gray color, and Wivea should no longer get a bad feeling when she looked into them. “I will help you. Not because I trust you, but because of the debt I owe you.” He said as he moved in very close, like he did last night. He then grabbed her hand and placed it against his chest, where his heart would be. After a second he removed it. Anyone with knowledge of bandit traditions would noticed that the things Ira did were exactly that. Ira didn’t back away once he was done, he just stood there.

“Don’t make me regret this. I don’t want to kill you.” He said with pure honesty, then he gave another sigh. “The worst thing about all this is I’m going to have to play the part for your father. But don’t expect me to act all professional and noble. Just cause you chain and bath a wolf doesn’t mean their tame.” The last part of the sentence was a bandit saying, a somewhat common one at that. He waited to see what she would say or do. He didn’t make it clear, but a life debt meant she basically owned him till it was paid. He wasn’t happy about it, but tradition was tradition, he didn’t pick and choose from the good and bad.

MC_Middy
Bronze
Location: Backseat of your truck with duct tape stretched out.

Post by MC_Middy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:10 pm

”Jellyfish’s… Host?” Leonardo was visibly confused by Hart’s inquiry. It didn’t take long for him to put the pieces together. The lion before him, the deer that followed the man that had healed him. In one way or another, animals were attaching themselves to people, and giving them powers. Why or how was beyond him. According to Nemea, Vulture’s host was the one that knocked him out from behind. Meaning Jellyfish’s host… was the one that had beaten him to the ground. ”In that case, if that man had supernatural traits and I didn’t, I don’t feel as embarrassed.” He said aloud, causing Nemea to huff in disagreement.
”Anyway… from what I noticed he’s lazy and impassioned. Seemed like he didn’t even want to fight. Not because he didn’t want to do harm, more like he just didn’t want to move around a lot.”
”And you’re not embarrassed that you lost to someone like that?”
”No, at that point it was like a lion fighting a tyrannosaurus. No way you can survive that fight.”
”We can go find him and see for yourself.”
Let me take away your sorrows.

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Wivea raised an eyebrow when she noticed Ira whisper to the necklace she had spotted earlier when she made the deal with him. "I see. So, you only follow some of her traditions? Are there a few you have your own?" Wivea asked, tilting her head, noticing that Ira's eyes had turned into a grey color. Is this what stress does? Does it make people hallucinate? Wivea thought to herself, shaking her head as she suddenly felt tired. She looked up as Ira had agreed to her deal, giving a small smile and sighing with relief. "Thank you,
I'm-!"
Ira had stood close to her and grabbed her hand, placing it on his chest. Even though it was a second, Wivea felt like they stood there for a few minutes, her cheeks turning bright red. It took Wivra a few seconds to register what had happened, but ti must have been apart of Ira's tradition, slightly shaking her head, Wivea cleared her throat and began speaking, "I promise. And I doubt Father would be that upset to have someone talk back to him, especially if he considers you special. I'm sure you'll be able to get away with a few things." She said, looking to her side, sighing a bit. "But it may take a while, so are you sure that you want to do this?" She asked, yet again to make sure Ira wouldn't regret his decision midway through.
InquisitorRothus wrote:

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:09 am

Ira looked to the side and back at Wivea when she asked about traditions. “Most of my traditions come from family. I don’t make my own, but I follow the customs and ways of my mother and her people.” He said in response to the first question. He then sighed when she asked if he was sure. “Like I said, I owe you something greater then my desires. A life debt isn’t anything to scoff at. If this is how I repay it then it will be so. I honestly couldn’t give a shit about your father, and I don’t mean that as an insult. I actually don’t care who he is.” Ira said as he looked at her. He could see her cheeks get red, presumably because of how close he was to her. He didn’t make up though, his mannerisms seemed to change slightly, or even adjust. He moved his hand to place a stray piece of hair behind her ear. “Your father doesn’t need to know everything, right?” He asked, in a soft tone, almost alluring tone. He was actually just screwing with her, but he was a man of desires, so whatever happens happens. He really didn’t know why he wanted to do this though, but that was because he didn’t really want to do this. Raven wanted it, and she was lightly influencing his emotions to cause him to act in such a way.
—————

“That sounds about right for jellyfish. Wait, Nemea, have you not taken time to explain what we are to Leo? Is that not important?” Hart asked with a curious tone as he glanced back at Vitae. Sighing slightly as he walked over and moved the blanket to completely cover Vitae. Then he once again shifted his attention back to Nemea and Leo.