Chaos Chronicles

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Re: Chaos Chronicles

Post by Mr_Generic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:32 am

Ira waited till the last minute, then he swiftly jumped back from the blades, barely out of reach. Me smirked as he watched, and Raven watched with him. The attack was risky, and Seran singing with both blades left him open and would leave him at an awkward position. The moment the blades were no longer a danger, Ira moved to tackle Seran. Not with intent to pin him down, but to knock him over or at least off balance. Ira put his all into the move, and it would feel like getting hit by a bull. But Ira didn’t leave himself totally open, his body was positioned to counter with a strong kick if his first attack had missed.
“Oh death, you have chosen your hand. Now who will deal and who will die?”-Sin

Reyn
BBCode Guru

Post by Reyn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:05 am

"Your highness, please forgive me for my crude language, but I believe this is an utterly stupid idea." Irongate scowled under her helmet, glaring daggers at the princess "You are aware of how much collateral damage this Ira has caused, right? We are in the royal palace. I have no doubt that animal of a man will tear it to the ground if we don't stop him. I suggest you break up the fight immediately and proceed with the execution, unless you want a repeat of the chaos that happened last night.".

She gripped her sword more tightly. Intervening now would be suicide; who knows what kind of immense power this man had, and who knows what kind of power his attacker had as well. Quite how Wivea came to the conclusion that this would be a good solution was beyond her. Did the princess ever read case files? Did she care about anything other than whatever criminal boy she had a crush on in that moment? Did she even know what the word 'murder' meant? Did sh-

'The rich are all the same, those bastards. Willing to overlook the murder of others just to make themselves look good. Well, that's pretty fuckin' hypocritical, huh! Oh how generous and kind you are, Princess Wivea! You truly are a beacon of goodness and light in this shithole kingdom! Just ask the parents of the victims this guy murdered! I'm sure they'll agree that what you did here was a truly kind, smart, and wonderful act! Yeah, you really need a PR boost, huh... irresponsible drunkard...'.

Where did that thought come from? Irongate knew it was hers... she hadn't been possessed lately, after all... but what caused it? She disagreed with every word said, except perhaps the disdain for Wivea's actions. A sudden headache washed over her, causing her to lean against the sword for support. She winced, praying that it wasn't another one of those migraines she had been having recently...

--------

Val sighed as he saw the woman approach him. Fantastic; the one time he gets some peace and quiet, and it's interrupted by some stranger. This is why he hated taverns. Still, it would be very impolite to turn her down, and having seen what happened the night before, Val was getting increasingly wary about pissing off the people of Lyphia, lest they impale him and put his severed head on a spike.

"Oh, absolutely." He muttered "But, what choice do I have? Sit down if you want.".

He gestured to an empty chair opposite him, though the gesture was somewhat half-hearted. Val offered a faint smile to the woman, but it was obviously fake. There was no denying that he wasn't in the mood for conversation.

"What brings you to this... wonderful place, then?" He asked "And... why haven't you left after last night?"

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:16 am

As Seran had thought the man had moved to try dodge his swords, but what Seran hadn't expected was the speed in which the man moved at. He was quicker than the assassin had expected, but that didn't stop Seran. The next thing Seran noticed was the man charging at Seran in attempts to knocking over. Although Seran was in a bit of an awkward position due to his last attack, his flexibility should not be looked down on. Using the momentum from his swing Seran moved to the side in attempted to sidestep the charge, while in the process Seran flipped one of his blades around to it faced backwards. Once he had done this Seran moved his arm back in attempts to cut his opponent's back. However Seran had misjudged his movement. After Seran tried to attack, the chafing male's should clipped Seran's shoulder as the assassin hadn't moved as far to the side as he thought. This caused him to stagger slightly. God damn it! Seran quickly turned to face the man again, only to see a swift get strong kick collide with his stomach. Seran gave a 'gak' sound her he was send flying into the wall, the air knocked out of him. Seran sat slumped against the wall, catching his breath. Shit! Seran pushed himself to his feet, staggering sd he gained his balance. "Damn you..." Reaching behind him, Setan plucked something hidden in his belt. A split second later a throwing knife was sent spinning at the man, the blade shimmering in the light as it spun. Seran then charge forward again, this time directly st the man with no side steps. Once he reached the man who he hoped was distracted with a knife, Seran swung from one side with one blade, followed by a swung at the other side with the other blade.

Roana could see the man was annoyed at her arrival despite offering her a seat, but Roana still sat down, wanting to at least try talk to someone to keep her mind of things. "Thanks. I wanted someone to talk to and you seemed a bit stressed." Roana took a drink from her tankard as she watched the older gentleman give her w fake smile. Roana had been around many people long enough to tell when they wanted conversation or not, and this man clearly did not want to talk, yet now that Roana was sitting with him she replied to his questions. "Me? I've been here for a about a couple year or so, nice enough place... Apart from the strange attack tonight. I'm searching for some people, that's all really. I haven't left because I still have some business here... Also I haven't had time to think things through after this sudden attack." She took another drink before looking to the man, her eyes examining him. "What about you? Don't think I've seen you around here before, and you don't like the type of person to travel much. Oh, before you reply I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Roana." She extended a hand in greeting to the man, a polite smile on her face as she did.
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:41 am

Ira managed to dodge the knife, but the assassin closed the distance when he was distracted. Smart move, but Ira wasn’t afraid to get hurt. Most would expect Ira to try to duck or dodge. Instead Ira moved in close, which wasn’t without consequence. He managed to get close enough to the assassin to reduce most of the damage of the blades, but they still sliced against Ira’s skin. Ira felt the sting of the blades and smiled, it wasn’t anything he couldn’t handle. Now, with himself so close, Ira moved to bear hug the assassin. If this worked Ira would throw the man against the wall. It was clear Ira was being reckless and unpredictable, and without any weapon he was using his own body as a weapon. Ira wasn’t going to lose this, even if he meant he had to level the entire castle.

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Seran gave a grin as he watched his distraction work, granting Seran a chance to hit the man. However his opponent's next move was not what the assassin expected at all. Seran had expected the man to try dodge or at least block, but instead the man charged forwards, taking the blades in a way that would still hit him, but minimise the damage Seran had originally intended to inflict. What!? Since Seran and the man were moving towards each other and Seran was stuck in mid attack, he couldn't dodge in time. Seran felt the arms wrap round him in a bear hug, restricting his movements. "Grr! Let go!" Seran's demand was answered, just not in the way he meant. Next thing Seran knew was he was being tossed against another wall. Seran collided with the wall before slumping to the ground for a second time, lying there for a moment before pushing himself up to his feet again. Damn it! Who the hell is this guy!? Why won't he go down!? Shit! This man was tossing Seran around like a ragdoll and he was not happy with it. Seran knew he still had to get out of the castle, but now this man had annoyed Seran too much, he wasn't leaving until he did a number on the man. Seran stabilised himself again and faced the man, eyes burning with rage. Seran ran forward once again, intend of ending this as soon as possible. Once Seran reached the man he jabbed forward with one blade, aiming for his chest. However that was more of a faint, a diversion. Seran then skipped to the side of his opponent, sweeping at the back of the man's knees with one leg trying to get him on the ground. Seran would then move behind the man and try slash downwards on his back, hoping to score deep into his flesh.
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Ira watched the man charge forward again, attacking with one blade. He almost put his all into deflecting the attack, but then he somehow noticed the man’s movement, as if a sixth sense. Instead he lightly deflected the first attack and dodge to the side, avoiding all of the assassins follow up attacks completely unharmed. He then turned to the assassin and smirked. “Tell me child, what happens if you kill me? You see, there are many guards here. You cannot escape. Of course you won’t be able to kill me anyways.” He said in a very taunting tone. Before the assassin would get the chance to reply, Ira charged forward with a punch. But before it would’ve connected he instead slide to the ground to get behind the assassin, then he moved to kick the assassins legs out from under him.

Raven watched with much interest, Ira had not only utilized her ability to see the whole battle, but he went with the information she gave him. Her position on a higher up perch allowed her to see everything in the room, and she was able to passively relay this information to Ira. The fact that he was already able to make use of that was a pleasant surprise to her. She watched the assassins every move, even his muscle twitches that gave away his next attack. There was no chance of Ira losing, and even if he did start to lose she could gift him some of her power. Today was turning out great indeed.

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Seran gritted his teeth with annoyance as his first attack was deflected, but kept up with the rest of his attack in hopes to make up for that one mistake. Seran was utterly shocked when the man somehow saw past his other attacks and completely bypassed them, coming out without a single scratch on him. How the hell!? Seran's glare just burned into his opponent as the man spoke, only just provoking the assassin. Bastard! Seran was about to shout back and attack, but then the man charged forward and attacked with a punch, forcing Seran to stay silent and play defensive. Seran raised his katanas, ready to deflect the punch in a way that would cut him while moving the fist away. However Seran was too caught up in the situation and didn't expect the man to suddenly slide to the ground and get behind him. "What the!?" Seran tried to turn round, but mid turn he felt something connect with his legs. The man had done what Seran had tried to do beforehand and sweep the assassin's legs out from under him. Seran lost all balance and fell, still turning in mid air as he fell to the ground. To make things more unfortunate for Seran the place he fell at happened to be next to a window. The back of Seran's head smacked against the windowsill with force before he hit the ground, making the fall much worse than it should've been. Seran lay still on the ground for a moment, groaning slightly as his vision darkened from the impact. Ow... No... I can't let it end like this... Groggily Seran tried to arise, struggling as the hit on the back of his head make it hard to focus. He managed to struggle to his feet, but his stance was wobbly and weak and his vision was black at the edges, yet he still raised his swords against the man, trying to gain his footing to attack again. "I'm... Not done."

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:20 pm

“Yes, you are.” Ira said as he walked to the assassin. He quickly spun around and kicked the blades out of assassins hands. He then moved forward, grabbing the assassin by the throat and lifting him a good foot into the air. His red eyes seemed to glow even brighter as he looked up at the raised assassin. “It’s notbing personal, kid. But it was you or me, and I have a promise to keep.” He said with a low growing as he held the assassin. “Bring him back alive, or they will kill you. Idiot.” Raven spoke to Ira, reminding him. Ira sighed and instead of choking the man to death, he raised him up just a bit higher before slamming him down on his back. At this point it was safe to say the fight was over. Ira huffed and grabbed the assassin by the ankle. He then began dragging him back to the courtroom.

As he got there he kicked the doors open, then he threw the assassin in before entering after. The guards drew their weapons at the assassin to make sure he didn’t make any moves. Ira looked up at Wivea and nodded his head. He owed her a life debt, one that would take a very long time to repay. Ira then loooed around at all the noblemen. His eyes landed on one very scared man. Once Ira made eye contact the man fainted from Ira’s powers. Whiched caused Ira to chuckle. Ira looked at his arms that were bleeding and sighed, removing his bloodied shirt. And this is how he addressed the king. Cocky, shirtless with all his scars and tattoos showing, his eyes glowing red. “I guess I’m a free man now.” He said with a smirk. But he didn’t feel right. It was almost too easy. He doubted they would just let him go like that.

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:38 pm

”General Irongate, do you not have enough trust in your Princess’s decision?” Wivea asked, looking over her shoulder. She couldn’t see the glare Calantha was giving her and looked back at the entry way. ”I’d doubt he’d do something so stupid as destroy the palace over a simple fight. He’s already in deep trouble as it is and I don’t think he’d want to add more to it.” Wivea said. Wivea wasn’t going to allow anyone to prove her wrong. She had faith in Ira in hopes that she could prove her father wrong.

A moment later, Ira had returned with the intruder and tossed him on the ground. Her eyes widened as it was the boy she had carried to the palace. ”Chain him up!” Wivea ordered, a surprised tone in her voice. The guards immediately shackled Seran with the sameness chains they used for Ira. She couldn’t believe that that she had helped someone who was causing trouble in the palace. Ternius raised and eyebrow as Ira had fulfilled his mission with ease, only bleeding a bit. ”Hmm... It seems you’re a worthy asset and I don’t think we can loose someone as valuable as you.” He spoke, sitting up in his seat as he was interested. ”Father..”
”Ira, how about this? You join the royal army and become my daughter’s personal guard alongside Calantha and all your criminal past will be wiped clean. If not, then I suppose we’ll have to execute you.” Wivea turned around at her father’s threat towards Ira, baffled by the deal he made. ”Father! He kept his word! You can-!” Ternius raised his hand to silence Wivea, holding his gaze with Ira’s. ”So, what shall it be?” He asked.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 am

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Seran groaned slightly as he staggered slightly from dizziness, before noticing the man approaching him. No... Seran attempted to swing at the man, but he felt a foot connect with his hands half way through the swing, knocking his katanas from his hands. Hearing his blades clatter against the ground out of reach, Seran tried to grab a knife from his belt, but then felt a hand grab his throat and lift him clean off the ground. Seran felt the oxygen get choked out of his body as he clutched the hand around his neck, trying to praise it off and get air. It was then Seran felt his body get raised a little higher, before he felt the wind rush past him and his back get slammed into the ground. That did it, Seran blanked out and lay still, safely showing he was out of the battle. He made no move our sound while his body got dragged along the ground.

By the time Seran was taken to the courtroom and thrown to the ground, the assassin had began regaining conscious. He gave a quiet groan as he rolled onto his stomach, trying to collect his conscious enough to get an idea of his situation. He could see a bunch of armoured feet, clearly indicating that multiple guards were around him and he didn't even need to guess that they had their weapons pointed at him. Where he was he was still trying to get an idea of, only knowing he was still in the castle. Seran's mind was beginning to clear slightly, if only barely as Seran tried to push himself to his feet. He struggled to get to his knees, and by the time he managed to weakly get to his knees he heard a familiar voice talking, yet it was only faint to him. Seran then felt hands grab him, drag him to the middle of the room, then felt something cold clamp around his wrists and neck. Seran was still trying to recover, but he could recognise the feeling of chains. "Ah shit..." He muttered quietly to himself as he looked up, wincing at the sudden pain that rushed through his head. There he could see the Princess standing next to the King, discussing something however Seran didn't and couldn't pay attention to the words being said. You have got to be kidding me. Seran just stayed quiet as he tried to regain from his headache, hoping he could recover in time while everyone seemed to be busy.