Chaos Chronicles

FeatherBlood
Member+

Re: Chaos Chronicles

Post by FeatherBlood » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:50 pm

At the gates leading to into the castle, a cart pulled up to the gates. A small group of guards were inside the cart, transporting items to the castle before returning to the barracks to rest for the night. So they were obviously let past, however one more person entered at the exact same time as the cart, unknown to all. A shadow hung from the underside of that cart, simply being carried into the castle without being spotted. As the cart pulled to a stop, Seran raised his head slightly, glancing out to see feet walk about the cart as the guards began unloading the cart. He watched all the feet enter a door somewhere to the side, giving him a few seconds to act. Dropping from the underside of the cart, Seran rolled out into the open and stood up. He glanced around, seeing no one nearby. Seran proceeded to climb the side of the cart and onto the top of it, using this extra height boost to jump up and grab part of a low hanging roof. The part of the building Seran was at was lower than the rest of the castle, granting him easier access onto and into the castle. He then proceeded to scale the top of the castle, making his way to the upper parts of the castle roof.

After a bit of climbing around and searching, Seran eventually found himself hanging from some vines, underneath an arched balcony. He gripped the vines, feeling the stone underneath it as he closed his eyes and thought for a moment. According to the intel, the Princess's quarters is near the front side, with an arched balcony and vines growing around it. Opening his eyes Seran looked down, spotting the golden archway of the castle gates. The gates indicate the front side, I'm hanging from vines under a arched balcony... Target acquired. Seran took one deep breath, before he steadied and quietened it. He slowly pulled himself up, grabbing the bottom of the balcony and pushing from the wall. He dangled from the bottom of the balcony, using this chance to check the Princess wasn't on the balcony. Once confirmed Seran pulled himself up and onto solid ground. As he did he pulled his bandanna over the lower part of his face, hiding half his features. The door leading into the room was open and Seran could see flicker of candlelight emitting from the room, however no one was in sight. The entire room wasn't visible from Seran's angle, so he knew the Princess was either in the bed and he couldn't see her properly, or she was around the corner from the balcony out of his line of sight. One good thing was the door was still open. Bad idea. Taking slow, quiet steps Seran crept towards the door so he could assess whether it would be better to enter or draw the Princess out. Making a choice, Seran slowly stepped into the room. He kept low and moved slowly, making little noise as he tried to mask his presence. He could see Wivia over by a, clearly engrossed by something. Risk it now or wait? Seran noticed a slight gap between a drawer and a table, not too far from Wivia and shrouded in darkness. Seran began to make his move towards Wivia, still moving low and quiet. However, he moved closer to this gap he had spotted beforehand, preparing a backup if needed. If Wivia were to turn around, Seran would hide in the shadows of the gap he had spotted. If Wivia stayed facing the closet he would keep on moving until he reached her back, with a knife in hand.

Roana's drink didn't take long to arrive and once it did, she had already taken a large swig from the tankard. Roana then began chatting amongst those at the table, jumping from conversation to conversation. They all were clearly enjoying themselves, to the point where they all let out a resounding cheer and clapped tankards together. After already going through her first tankard and onto her second, Roana suddenly got a strange feeling. Dropping out of the conversation she was in, Roana looked about the room. It was then she realised what the feeling she was getting was, the feeling of being watched. In particular a male with an intense looking gaze sitting near the back, enveloped in shadows slightly, making him appear more scary then Roana presumed he would be. His eyes were on her, but he also did things like slam his drink onto the table loudly, attracting a little attention. Roana had seem many do actions like that before in many bars and instantly knew what it meant, the man was looking for a fight, or at least some other way to get entertainment. The male had a slight mystic appearance about him, something Roana always quite liked in men, but another thing attracted her gaze. In particular the large sack of money just sitting there on his table. He didn't even seem to notice it there or pay any attention to it, but the size and thought of it caused Roana's slight money addiction to kick in. She then made a decision, for two reasons. Leaning forward she spoke to the group, telling them she was going to leave for a short while. Roana then picked up her drink and approached the lone man. As she did she grabbed the nearest empty chair to her and dragged it along behind her on it's back legs. As she approached the table Roana thought she saw something behind the man, a shadow moving. The nearby candles flickered slightly, so she just wrote it off as a trick of the light. Once reaching the table Roana spun the chair around so the back was facing Ira, before she sat down the opposite way from everyone else with her chest resting against the back of the chair. Placing her drink onto the table next to Ira's, she looked to him with a curious gaze and a smile on her face. "You new around here? Don't think I've ever seen you before, so welcome. So, am I really that charming that you can't take your eyes off me or are you just begging for a fight?" Roana did have a habit of going straight to the point with certain situations, and this was one of them.
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:37 pm

Ira leaned back slightly. But something felt off, he could feel someone else in close proximity. He ignored the girl for a second as he listened, trying to figure out why he felt this way. But then his bowl of stew came along from the bar maiden. She set it down in front of him and stood there for a second. Ira’s hand reached into his bag of gold and he handed the girl more gold then she really needed. When she went to speak Ira raised his hand to stop her. “Take the gold.” He said very shortly and then his eyes landed back onto the girl in front of him.

“Looking for a fight. I was hoping to get someone’s attention.” He admitted outright, with an intense sounding tone. His eyes looked right into the girls. He had beautiful eyes, a shame they were ruined with his glare. “I will admit you're a very attractive individual, but I don’t think you’ll be that good of a fight.” He said as he gave an annoyed sigh. One of his hands rested on his pouch of gold, the other on his drink. He did notice the girls interest in the gold, but he tried not to draw attention to it. He wanted to make sure it was secure, and that he wasn’t going to lose it. He didn’t feel like killing a thief today. They weren’t very fun to fight. “People gravitate to you, why?” He asked quickly and to the point. His tone was still intense, but he was toning it down a bit. His finger tapped on the bag of gold, causing it to make a clinking noise.
One drop of water leaves many ripples in a pond, and you think you don't matter?

MC_Middy
Bronze
Location: Backseat of your truck with duct tape stretched out.

Post by MC_Middy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:45 pm

”The night’s getting colder than I expected.” Leo breathed into his bare hands in an attempt to warm them up, then began to rub his own arms in a frenzied manner. He had never been too much of a fan of the cold, and that wasn’t changing anytime soon.
A loud slam had caught his attention as Leo was walking past a wooden building. Lost in his own thoughts, he hadn’t noticed that he was nearing the Tavern, and had almost completely passed it altogether. He could hear and sense the wild energy from outside the door, forcing him to sigh, white wisps of mist escaped his nose and mouth, disappearing into the atmosphere. He knew that drama was sure to start in a habitat filled with alcohol and testosterone, but Leo was wide awake and filled with a bit too much energy to go somewhere calm. If anything he could talk himself out of a bar fight, he was good at getting himself out of those situations.
He entered the bar nonchalantly, exchanging few greeting with the rowdy friends that recognized his face and heard his numerous tales. He originally planned on ordering a beer and talking with whoever was up at the bar or chatting up a young woman he found appealing. However, his attention was caught by a tired, middle-aged man sitting by the corner of the Tavern alone. Leo made his way to the table, curious by his fatigued state and seclusion. ”You look like you ran a marathon, and it doesn’t seem like you want to be apart of the atmosphere. May I sit?”
Let me take away your sorrows.

Cole Turisoka

Post by Cole Turisoka » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:32 am

Cole paused, this just became a scuicide mission. His heart pounded rapidly in his chest... The smell of the food however made it hard for him to ignore his own hunger. At this point, he didn't have many options. With two people watching that money, he certainly couldn't steal that... The food however, now that was easily the better target now. At this point, Cole couldn't hear his own thoughts over his heart. Fearing it would give him away... He acted hastily, as soon as the woman had been asked the question he reached from the shadows and grabbed at the food. He was desperate and half starved... So the normally dexterous scout boy was unable to maneuver as he wanted.. collapsing Midway through this attempt he ended up holding the food in one hand and leaning on the man's chair. His face inches from the man's. He gulped... His feminine eyes stared the man eye to eye, his face showed how little he'd eaten recently. It was only for a moment at which point, Cole pushed off, attempting to take the soup with him. He wasn't sure the man would be able to identify him anyway, so what difference would it make if he goes before the man could attack.

Reyn
Member+

Post by Reyn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:28 am

There was some... tension in the room, to put it one way.

Not that Val noticed it, however; as usual, the man was lost in the pages of his book, tuning out his surroundings as he read. Not even Phoenix's calls for his attention could get him to look up. He did hear the bang when the man hit the table, of course, and he could tell that something was going to happen, but somehow this didn't bother him. Val wasn't really the type to be interested in bar fights. Senseless violence and pathetic displays of bravado struck him as juvenile. Perhaps he was envious of the fact that these people had their strength.

Yeah, that was probably the case.

'Tch. Talk about disturbing the peace...' He thought, frowning deeply 'Maybe I was too harsh on Phoenix; perhaps I wasn't in the wrong side of town at all, and this town is just full of barbarians. I hope none of them come my way looking for a fight like that last one did...'.

As soon as that thought passed his mind, Val was approached by a man. Of course, Val was immediately suspicious. He lowered the book and glared at the man, peering over the rims of his glasses with eyes that looked like they belonged to a corpse. That side-effect of Phoenix's possession was one he didn't particularly mind; people tended to leave him alone if they thought he was dead. When the man spoke, however, Val lowered his guard. His tone was friendlier than he had been expecting, and he wasn't pointing a weapon in Val's face. With a sigh, Val put the book down and leaned back in his chair, still staring at the stranger in a less-than-friendly way.

"Go ahead." He said "It's nice seeing another with some common sense around here.".

Val moved the bag away from the chair, and gestured for the man to sit down. He may as well try to make friends whilst he was here.

"I walked here, if you're wondering why I'm so... energetic." Val said "And you're right; I really don't. Surprisingly, I'm not really a fan of childish quarrels. It seems a little petty to me.".

'I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them, Val.' Phoenix's voice sounded in his head 'They may get stronger,
even from this.'

Though confused by Phoenix's words, Val did not respond. He was already painfully aware that his general impression was one of a crazy old hermit, and he reasoned that talking to a voice in his head that nobody else could hear would hardly make that better.

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Roana looked into the eyes of the male still with a slight curious gaze. She had to admit he did have decently beautiful eyes, he just needed to drop his intense glare and their full potential would've been brought out. Listening to the man's words, Roana couldn't help but give a small laugh at the man's words, taking a drink from her tankard before setting it down again and leaning forward with her arms resting against the back of the chair, which was the front for her. "Flattering you admitted my appeal, but do I really look like that much of a delicate flower? True I wouldn't be able to match your strength, but that is why I never rely on brute force much. But you not happy you at least got someones attention? Even though they aren't exactly going to fight, but there are others here that would if I'm not enough." Roana noticed the man's hand go towards the money pouch, obviously keeping it secure. She had a feeling the man knew she was partly attracted to it, whether he knew her intentions or not. I was hoping to get some of it... But he seems to have already seen through me... Also if I did he would probably fight me and I would have to rely purely on my speed, as a direct hit from him wouldn't end well. Roana looked up at him again when he asked a question of why she was so popular. She nodded as she took another drink, her face lighting up slightly at the familiar jingle of coins at the man tapped it. She tried to ignore it and make it inconspicuous as she put her tankard down. "Why everyone here likes me? Well isn't it obvious? My cute looks and charming personality!" She giggled and winked at Ira. "I'm just kidding. Well it probably is because of my cheer personality I'm easy to get along with, also the fact I visit here quite a lot so I'm a familiar face. Does it count that I also have beaten most people here to a drinking contest at least once? I may not look it but I know how to hold my drink."

Roana was about to say more when suddenly a hand reached out from the shadows at Ira's food and a child collapsed into Ira's chair. Roana just blankly stared at the child, caught off guard by the sudden appearance of a stranger from the shadows. The child had a very feminine appearance and a starving look in his face. Roana didn't know how the heck the child had gotten there and remained unnoticed, until she remembered she shadow she had noticed earlier. Was that not a trick of the light? Wow, sneaky kid. Even I didn't notice him. Before Roana could react or say something, she child had already began his attempt to flee, soup bowl in hand. Roana looked back at Ira, pointing at the child fleeing. "Should we chase after?"
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:33 pm

The kid was fast, but years of training made Ira’s reaction time even faster. His hand grabbed onto the bowl of food and he turned to the kid, his other hand still on his money. “If your that desperate to eat, then sit. I will feed you. But don’t think I’ll let you just run off.” He said with a very intense tone. The air itself seemed to react to it. Ira wasn’t happy with the move the kid pulled, and the noise in the tavern didn’t exactly help. Ira waited for the kid to sit as he watched everyone in the tavern. So many things going on caused him to be on high alert. So he made sure to keep his greatsword close.
Last edited by Mr_Generic on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One drop of water leaves many ripples in a pond, and you think you don't matter?

Cole Turisoka

Post by Cole Turisoka » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Cole froze, the man had definitely caught him... For all that training he was still too slow, casting shame over his eyes, the boy took a seat. His pink hair casting a shadow over his eyes. "I'm sorry.." He muttered, not even making eye contact with the others. He was now in full view, his leather armor looked to be rather pricey and definitely of very fine quality. He daggers currently resting in their respective sheathes, located on his arms, were clearly seen to be tied off. As he sat, he could feel his lack of energy, he waited for whatever food the man claimed he would provide. At this point Cole was too scared to run, and too hungry. The bow that rested casually on his back was also of the kind a militant type would carry. The arrows stored in the quiver resting at his side showed as well. For a starving person, the child carried a good number of fine weapons.

Alas, if he could use them might just be another story, regardless.. he was indeed very skiddy and jumpy at this moment, the fear that seemed to emanate was coming off him in waves. He almost had the appearance of a spooked animal the way he looked ready to try and run and hide at a moments notice. His eyes darting around looking for hostile movements.

Mama Knows Best
Silver

Post by Mama Knows Best » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Wivea felt a slight breeze pass by her and suffered, turning around to see if her door was open and remembered the doors of her balcony was. It feels like someone’s watching me. She thought, shaking her head to get such a ridiculous idea out. She found the potion she was looking for and stood up, walking over to her balcony. She yanked the cork off with ease from years of being able to pop corks off from wine bottles. It was a bit windy tonight, so the potion may not land where she wanted it to be. She poured some of the green liquid out onto the ground below and watched it hit the grass. It would take a couple of seconds or minutes before a giant flower would grow up to her balcony. Wivea walked over to her closet once more, looking at her door before pulling out three other bottles. Each bottle had a specific design on them so Wivea could remember what was inside, but to normal people, it just looked like regular old bottles. She grabbed the belt she used to hold the bottles around her waist and strapped them in. Hopeully some wine shops are open." She thought, grabbing both her dark green cloak and spiked whip. She concealed the whip inside her cloak and tied her hair up so no one would be able to see her signature pink hair. "Now I just gotta wait for the flower to grow." Wivea said quietly, looking over her balcony and then back towards her room.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27 pm
Thot Who Insulted My Wife

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:41 am

Seran kept perfectly still, silencing his breathing and movement. He had reacted in time and hid from Wivea, avoiding from being spotted. Close one... Need to find a better opportunity. Seran kept his face covered, only leaving a small gap so he could see Wivea walk back and forth past him. He could hear Wivea open bottle corks and mix liquids together, however he couldn't see most of it. Wivea left to the balcony, but came beach before Seran planned to move. He waited some more, eventually noticing the swish of a cloak as the Princess walked past, looking unfamiliar as she hid her features. Is she sneaking out? This... Could be perfect! If the kingdom knew the Princess had snuck out yet never came back, then they would believe she was killed while wandering about, which could avert the suspicion of certain assassin groups and such so much... This makes things better. Seran noticed Wivea went to the balcony and didn't come back, so be crept out of his hiding place and over to the balcony door. He noticed Wivea looks over the balcony, as if waiting for something before looking back to the room. Seran waited for her to look away from the room again, before he moved swiftly towards Wivea knife in hand. He tried to remain quickly, but in the position Wivea was standing in she could turn and spit him at any moment, ruining his element of surprise. She even if he made slight sound, such as from his cloak of something, he hoped he was quick enough to strike a killing blow before she made any noise.

Roana just watched in slight surprise as the man swiftly grabbed the thieving kid, preventing his escape. What she didn't expect was Ira to just demand the kid sit and he feed him. Roana just watched it all without saying anything, just drinking some more. He waited until the kid was seated and Ira looking about the room before placing her tankard down and speaking. Some reaction you got there mister, I could've sworn the kid would get away. Also you appear more kinder than you look, nice of you to feed this kid." Roana then turned her eyes to the kid in question. She examined the kid, smiling as she drew circles on the table with her index finger. "Your a cute one aren't ya. I can't quite tell if your a boy or a girl. You appear and sound like a girl, but... Call it a women's intuition that makes me think otherwise. Also a cute thing like you doesn't seem suited for armour and weapons like that, how'd you get them? You don't seem like you have the money for it." She fell silent before suddenly changing the subject in a cheery voice. "You know what, never mind. I think now that we are all seated and calm we should introduce ourselves. After all if we are sitting together we should at least have something to be called by. I'll start. I'm Roana, just your everyday girl with a free personality, nice to meet you both." She winked as she introduced herself, smiling cheerfully. Although her words weren't exactly the full truth, it didn't really matter so she went along with it.