They finally collide

Without you
I feel broke, like I'm part of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold
Without you
I feel torn, like a sale in a storm
Without you,
I'm just a sad song

We all know the story of Hades and Persephone. If you don't here's the gist of it: A cold hearted Greek god see's a beautiful young goddess. He steals her away into his dark realm of the underworld where he keeps her captive. The girl's mother is angry, and makes a bargain with the horrible captor so that her daughter may only remain in the underworld for four months, and be on Earth with her mother for the rest of the time. When the girl is in the underworld for four months, it is winter on Earth. When she is with her mother on Earth, it is spring. And that is the story. Or so we thought.
Only Hades and Persephone can tell the real story that has been twisted to make the ruler of the underworld seem more monsterous and hateful.
------------
Hades

I have to find a way to break this curse. This bargain. No one above my realm, outside my underworld, understands my queen. She does not wish to be traded among her family like an object. She is cunning, sweet, bitter, and strong, the one for me. She tells them when she goes to the surface, but they do not listen. They tell him I've manipulated her. She tells them I give her freedom in those four months, and they take it away. They want to find her a "true" husband. My wild queen is not made for a docile life. She is made to rule, to love, and to be free. They hold her down.

I'm losing my queen. Each time she returns, she's quieter than the last. She is losing herself. The fire that once burned inside her is leaving. She tells me perhaps they're right. It was childishness that made her act with such resistance. I tell her that resistance, that passion and bravery is what made me fall for her.

I have to find a way to break this curse. Last time she told me I should find a way. Unless I broke it, I will always be known as the monster. I tell her no one's opinion matters but hers. She does not follow her heart anymore. She isn't the wild flower anymore. She does not bring fire to my dark realm. She only feeds it more darkness.

I have to find a way to break this curse. Bu if I do, she might not stay.

According to everyone else, Hades found a way to make Persphone's life even worse. He broke the bargain and found a selfish way to keep the girl all to himself. He was more monstrous than they thought. He made Persphone human, shielded her from the other gods. Only gods know what he's doing to her.

To Hades, he made Persphone human at a price. To allow her access to find herself again. The human world is so wild, it might bring back the wildness in her. He made his queen human. At a price. She must realize that who she is. She must choose Hades once she has made that realization. And she must endure an endless cycle of human life and death, over and over, reincarnated every generation, until she is able to do so. Each time, she has a different personality, and remembers nothing. A new life, with an old soul.

Hades couldn't stand to be far from Persphone, after watching her first few lives end without her realizing anything. Persphone's human life was ending today. She would be reborn again today. He would go to Earth today and build himself a human life. He would help her and she would come home.
--------
RP will start when Persphone [can have a different name] is in her Junior year of high school. Hades meant to show up in her Freshmen year but forgot human time worked differently from his time.

Questions or concerns please comment. I hope I get someone to RP this with! Super excited!

12maori3

Re: [One]Sad Song (katielove2)

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:45 am

Hades snapped his fingers and the flames of his shirt went out, looking clean once more. It felt like only a few moments ago he had last seen Persphone but according to the newspapers he saw, it had been about ten years. Last time he saw his queen she had been a small human, a very small human child. She had been only seven years old. Which meant he had gotten the year he was supposed to go to school with her mixed up. It didn't matter however, because he would adapt. This was the 6th time Persphone would be alive on this Earth, but she would have Hades to help her remember who she was. She would have regained her fire and make the decision for herself to be with him.

Hades walked into the institution that claimed to teach human children and give them very biased information to lead a rather unhealthy and monotone life. However, the same institution was where many human children became what society would call "rebels". They were the true innovators of society, the hawty ones were the incarnation of stubbornness and fire. He hoped his queen would've found her way among them. He would know her when he saw her so he walked, surveying the hallways and ignoring the looks he received.

katielove2

Post by katielove2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:44 am

Addi was ready for another day she had a special way of getting herself ready with a smile. She finished her daily morning routine and was downstairs by the time her adoptive mother had breakfast finished. The house was very quiet so there wasnt much of any exchange for words. By the time Addi was out the door her mouth was leaving as well. She made her way to the bus stop and put in her earbuds she was listening to music. This time it was something unexpected. She had a very versatile style of music. That was probably the most interesting thing about her, other than her love for nature such as a flowers and animals. She walked and softly hummed some music to herself. She then got to the bus stop and waited. The bright yellow shiny bus showed up picking up the students who neither wanted to walk nor could drive. She sat in the very back watching out the back window instead of sitting properly. When the bus finally arrived at school she climbed off and stopped smiling taking her earbuds out she walked around trying to be more hidden she clutched her books somewhat closely.

(my apologies if my replies are not as long as yours Im just starting to get back into role-playing again)
"OMG I feel the blade on my neck”
“Shut up slut, or I’ll cut this vein & you’re dead"

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:26 am

Hades searched around for a sign, any sign that his queen might be among these humans. For her first few lifetimes on Earth, she had gone through it all alone and had died a human. This time, he would be there with her and hopefully guide her to the truth. Hephaethus had warned Hades that if he ever flat out told her or hinted too agressively, her next life would start immediately. In other words, her human body would die and she would be reborn again. He would have to wait until she matured, like she was now, before being able to talk to her again.

He knew he had to be careful and he would. It had been long and lonely in the world of darkness without his light. Persephone that could shine her gentle smile on the lost souls of the underworld yet shout at Hades for accidentally touching one of her plants. Because a touch from him killed them. She was calm and fire at the same time and he missed it enough to leave his realm and come here, to find his queen.

The fates had a cruel sense of humor as he felt a tug in his chest the minute his eyes landed on a human girl with bright blonde hair and bright blue eyes. The fates definitely had a sense of humor. His fiery haired queen was a blonde in this life, her usually gentle green eyes now a piercing blue. He smiled. He took little time to think of his approach to her as he walked up to her from the side, "Hey," he greeted, fully accustomed to the age humans were in now, "I'm new and need help finding my classes. Could you help me out?" he asked, his own cold grey eyes searched her features, for any sort of recognition she might have as he waited for her reply.

(Don't worry about it! I tend to write a lot then damper out, then surge again lol. Sorry it took so long to reply! I didn't add it to my subscribed topics so I never got a notification that you posted! It's been solved now though)

katielove2

Post by katielove2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:19 am

She began to walk to her locker and opened it up and as she made sure she had everything she heard a voice and jumped hiding her face with her books as she blushed bright red at the first person to speak to her like a normal human being. When she looked up she slightly squeezed her eyes shut and stuttered ever so slightly trying to not draw any attention to herself. She opened them and looked at him listening to his words. She blushed a bright red color, as she thought he looked quite handsome. She nodded softly and timidly asked him for his schedule.

(it takes a bit for me to get into the longer posts because for me i dont like forcing details that are of unimportant to the setting etc, as well as I tend to wait for the more natural feeling of writing bigger/more paragraphs))

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:39 am

Hades cracked a small smile when he saw the girl turn a beautiful shade of pink that descended into a passionate red. He reaches into his bag and pulled out a schedule out of nowhere, a replication of her own schedule with minor changes like his name and age. He handed it to the girl then stated, "I'm Hades." As he observed hee, once more wairing and expecting some kind of recognition. The qords of Hephaetus rang once more in his head and he knew it was too soon.

katielove2

Post by katielove2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:27 am

She looked at it and her eyes widened. She looked up to him "Hades? L..like Hades the god of the underworld!" she smiled ever so slightly. Her father often told her many stories of the greek gods and goddesses Her own favorite being Hades she never knew why she felt he was just misunderstood or cast away to the darkness making him lonely. but she was always told they were just stories..myths.. so she thought it quite interesting that she had found someone that atleast had parents into the mythology..or so she thought. She nodded softly agreeing to take him to his classes but she didnt say that she just softly took his finger leading him not quite wanting to hold his hand out of nervousness.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Hades's eyes widened in surprise and for a brief moment, he thought she actually remembered him. He didn't think it would happen that soon but the fatws always had a senaw of humor. However his hope quickly diminished when she went on and said "Like Hades god of the Underworld?" It stung a bit to think he was so close yet so far. He'd nevee been one to look at the brightside but Persephone had made him do it so much he considered it in that momenr. At least she seemed to know about the gods. His eyes went down to his finger that she took along with his schedule and he felt a slight upturn to the situation. Hades followed calmly and asked, "How much do you know about the gods?"

katielove2

Post by katielove2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:09 pm

"Only what my father told me.. but i feel like theres been a lot of mix-up since then i dont think everything i've heard is true i think is some what of a secret there lies there... because...im not sure but i feel like there's something going on there that gods dont want to share with humans or even each other...." she blushed bright red "I..im sorry i was talking too much.." she somewhat became more timid again. She walked to the class and let go. "Theres a seat right next to mine...if you want..." she said quietly and her face stayed red but she went in and sat down looking down. As soon as other girls saw him however they all got up trying to introduce themselves asking if he needed anything and such ever so like that.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:28 am

Hades actually cracked a small smile at her words. It seemed very ironic to be hearing this from the reincarnation of Persephone since they're story was the most misunderstood. He didn't think any human who had ever lived knew the story behind how they ended up together. Persephone, as caring as she was was always bothered by it while Hades, didn't have a preference. He didn't care what others thought as long as they left him out of their power struggle and tiresome quarrels to tend to his home in the Underworld. Persephone tried to convey the truth to her mother and the others with fire that only came out of love, but they never listened. That was one of the contributions that led to her fire dying out: misunderstanding.

So to hear such words from her, Hades had hope. "It's one thing to talk too much. It's another to talk about things that are interesting," he told her, liking the way her cheeks stained red, just like the first days of when he'd met Persephone. He followed her to the seat she had offered and sat as she did too. The moment he sat down however, it was as if he'd beckoned all the other girls in the room. While his brothers loved attention, Hades often tried to stay away from it, hence always being portrayed as dark, gloomy and lonely. His voice was quiet but firm as he said said shortly, "Nice to meet you all. If you'd kindly leave me alone, I'd appreciate it. I'll ask you if I need anything." Despite all his politeness and having his powers dampened, the room had turned ten degrees colder.