[RP] The City That Law Forgot

Reyn
Member+

[RP] The City That Law Forgot

Post by Reyn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 am

It was a cold evening in New Anville. It had been cold for quite a while, actually; it was January. The streets were filled with people, the bars were opening for business, and the many, many criminals were beginning to set out and begin their day...

Soupster

Re: [RP] The City That Law Forgot

Post by Soupster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:18 am

Soul took cover behind a dumpster to catch his breath. He got caught. He screwed up. The only thing now is to get the heck out of the government’s part of the city. West was the closest to his original point. If he hadn’t been monitoring the government “secret” radios he’d probably be captured or dead by now. With 79 deaths under his alias in the few months he’d been here in New Aville. Soul knew they wouldn’t let his slip up go by, so he grabbed anything he needed and burned down the apartment he worked for. Calmed down he could sense the people chase into him. In his bag little Starbolt gave a whimper as even he could sense them. Soul got up, readied himself, and kept going. Only a few more streets and he’ll be free. For now anyway Just need to get a through a few more streets. Stay focused and keep running. Two streets and the government woudnt be able to follow him. The West he knew was owned by a powerful gang with an even more powerful leader, But was his only chance to escape. Heck maybe even an opportunity.
Idk what I do

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Jacklyn Vine vaulted between rooftops, just ahead of the police. For once she wasn't running from them, but rather she was trying to beat them to where they were going. A spree murderer was on the run, according to the police frequency. Jacklyn wanted to investigate, the police in this city liked to hit every murder suspect with every unsolved murder just to get the file off their desks. Worst case scenario, the runaway was hiding in an alley. He might have been able to keep ahead of the police thugs, but Jacklyn was hot on his heels. With a bandana covering her face and a pair of aviators hiding her eyes, Thorn stepped up to the edge of the building to overlook the fugitive.
Last edited by TehMagicPudding on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Simon and Yoru were walking around the West side. Simon didn’t have anything to do, and he’d rather not have to do anything for Faust, so he decided to have a little walk. Yoru was walking on his right, sticking closesly to the boy. A few times, Yoru would stop to scratch himself or kill a rat that he spotted. Simon heard gunshots towards the East and sighed. It wasn’t a surprise to hear gunshots, but it was awfully close. ”Hopefully it doesn't come over here..” He said to himself, looking down at Yoru. ”The day just started. Why can’t people wait until later?” Simon crossed his arms. There was nothing he could do about it, but he just hoped that it wouldn’t get him involved.

Yoru mewed in agreement and the two kept walking. Simon stepped over a large crack, believing the old tale, “Step on a crack, ya break ya mamma’s back!” With his powers and luck, who knows what type of pain he could cause to an innocent bystander.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27 pm
Thot Who Insulted My Wife

Reyn
Member+

Post by Reyn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:19 am

Faust leaned against a dusty brick wall at the back of the bar, peering over the rim of his glasses at the middle-aged bartender who returned his gaze with twice the venom. He opened his mouth to speak, but the bartender cut him off.

"I don't have it." She hissed "There. I said it. I don't have jack to give you. Now leave me alone. I don't want your guys coming round here to 'protect' this place anymore.".

He nodded slowly in response, not moving from his position at the back wall. The woman was so on-edge, he was worried that moving towards her would be taken as a sign of aggression. A fight in this bar would end badly; perhaps not for Faust, but for the bar itself. The architecture was grand, far too upscale for a seedy bar in the back-alleys of the West. The counters were polished mahogany; antique, by the looks of things. Bought at an auction some seventy miles away, or so he heard. Beneath his feet was a carpet that, whilst it was now covered in old gum and cigarette burns, seemed to have once been quite intricate in its design, and high quality in its material. There was row upon row of glass bottles that coated the walls just out of arm's reach, each one having once contained near-priceless liquor from places that no bartender would be able to afford without some serious money.

Faust's money.

That she needed to pay back.

"How many times have we pushed this deadline back?" He said with a sigh, finally pushing himself away from the wall and sauntering towards the bar "Twice now, correct? I'm not known to give that many chances, you know...".

He leaned against the bar, staring up at the bartender who quickly averted her eyes and avoided his glare.

"And I'm not going to give you a third." He continued "I made this deal with you under the quite reasonable assumption that you would pay back the money I lent you. Seeing as you've clearly been doing quite well for yourself, I'm afraid I fail to see how that could be such an issue.".

The bartender flinched as Faust's hand reached forwards, and her posture hardly relaxed when she realised he was barehanded. There was a faint, unsettling smile on his face as he held his hand out. They both knew very well how this meeting might end.

"I... I can't give it to you." She said "Not today. I'm not gonna pay you today... get your guys out of my bar and go home, you creep!".

The silence that followed was deafening.

"Alright." Faust stood up slowly, returning the white glove to his hand and adjusting his glasses "The deal is off, then. I will inform the people I hired to guard this place that their contracts have now ended, and they will no longer be working here. You don't owe me anything anymore, keep whatever I gave you. It was a pleasure doing business with you, Frau Aldern.".

With that, he pushed the stool back underneath the bar, picked up his jacket from the side of the room, and silently made his way towards the door. At first the bartender was happy to see him go; she was getting sick just talking to the guy. It was only once his hand was closed around the door handle that the realisation hit her like a speeding train.

"W-wait..." She sputtered "Let's negotiate this... we gotta talk it out... I'm sorry I couldn't pay you today, I'll get the money to you soon, I swear on my god damn life...".

"Its alright." Faust replied, grinning like a viper "There's nothing to negotiate anymore. The deal is off. I'm leaving. Have a pleasant day.".

The door closed behind him, leaving the bartender alone.
Last edited by Reyn on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soupster

Post by Soupster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:53 am

Just a bit more Soul was almost free. Just a bit more running and he’ll make it. Just Kee-. In almost an instant he was almost staggered. A pain entered his right arm. A bullet actually. He was shot. He cursed before he kept going through the pain. More gunshots he heard. Most missed but some would hit him. And with each one a large shot of pain. He put the bag with the whining Starbolt. Soul was almost there, but it wasn’t close enough. Running into an alley was the only way he could get out. Sure his healing would work, but not fast enough. Diving into an alley while being careful to not hurt Starbolt, Soul tried to evade the bullets. The police were getting closer. And he wasn’t getting farther away. Thinking of one last way out something came to him. He remembered looking into what his Soul powers could do. He found that there was other ways to use souls of the dead. One that could save his life at this moment, or ruin his chances. Either risk everything on an move that he’s never used, or face death. Without much time to think he started to run at the wall. Clutching Starbolt in his bag even though he was telling Soul not to. He jumped at the wall , yet he didn’t stop at the wall. He wasn’t even physical anymore. Soul went into a different plane of existence before popping back in on the other side of the wall with a purple glow. Once he got through he felt exhaustion. He held onto his bag with Starbolt as they roughly slid on the floor. He collided with a door and it opens swiftly. Once he finally stop he was only a little bit away from a man named Faust.
Idk what I do

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 am

Saul blinked in surprise at the sight of the man (and his little dog too) stumbling out of intangibility into the path of the notorious gang leader- or would've, if a shadow had eyes. They were a few steps behind Faust, pretending to be the shadow of one of his bodyguards, ever-so-slightly out of alignment with the man's own shadow. They'd actually planned on slinking off back to the station to report on what they'd overheard in the bar once he and his bodyguards passed through a patch of deep enough shadow that there'd be no chance of them seeing Saul detach from the real shadow.

This, though... This could be useful. Saul resisted the urge to fidget as they thought. The longer they stayed as a shadow, the harder it'd be to become themself again. They'd already been trailing Faust like this for several hours: this would be the perfect distraction for them to leave without being noticed. But on the other hand, who knew what Faust would do with the man? Best case scenario (for Saul) he'd kill him. Worst case, Saul would have a new gangster in Faust's debt to deal with, one that could phase in and out of reality it seemed. They would've frowned if they still had a face.

No, they'd better keep an eye on this for at least a little bit longer.

Reyn
Member+

Post by Reyn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:32 am

Faust felt a strange resistance against the door as he pushed it open. At first he assumed it was someone on the other side trying to open it the wrong way, but he couldn't see anyone in front of him when he looked outside. Somewhat confused, he stepped out of the door and closed it behind him, cautiously looking around to see if anyone was there.

As it happens, there was.

A man had appeared in front of him, sprawled over the floor as if he had tripped over or fallen from a great height. He looked quite young; Faust guessed that the man couldn't have been much older than 21,and he seemed to be holding some sort of animal. Was it a cat? A dog? An oversized sewer rat? He couldn't quite tell. The man was holding him in such a way that Faust couldn't clearly see it, but it's not like he cared all that much. No, Faust was far more interested in the young man himself. He stepped forwards a few paces and held out a gloved hand, offering to help the man up off the floor.

"Are you alright there, sir?" He asked "What on earth happened to you just then?".

Soupster

Post by Soupster » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:52 am

Soul’s vision was blurry. Almost to the point of him about to faint and go unconscious. He heard a voice. Not knowing who it came from but not send ring much hostility towards him. Soul spoke up, “ I...I’m good...” He didn’t see Faust’s hand and picked himself up from the ground struggleing a little. A little dog pooped out of his bag. Starbolt looked at Faust. As Soul got up you notice that his face if bloody and scratched. You also notice bullet holes in his clothing. But one of the most notable is a thing popping out of his hood over his right eye. Cracked and crooked you see the symbol of the mysterious Soul. Soul looked at the man, his vision starting to clear and stood there for a moment. The little circle thing sparking a bit. “...You’re Faust....Edwin Faust...Leader of-!” His thing sparked and shocked him. His senses common back to him and his passive effects as well he noticed something off about one of his body guards. A somewhat bright white light game from the circle...Limping over to the bodyguard his gloves sparked. Then released a electrical shock on the bodyguard.
( Unless Saul was able to move with the man)
...The extra part of the shadow didn’t move.....” Mr. Faust....Can this keep his shadow the same?...I’m....just” And with that he fainted

( Or if it fails)
.....” Mr Faust...There’s something off about this mans sha....Dow....” he then collapses.
Idk what I do

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:17 am

Fuck.

Saul was good at mimicry, but not good enough to pass as the shadow of a man flailing wildly and unpredictably from an electrical shock: his movements were random enough that Saul wouldn't be able to predict them and follow them in near-real time. It was probably for the best that at the present they lacked both a voice and a face: with scum from the gutter, it was a bad idea to let them know they'd gotten you angry.

Saul weighed their options: they weren't currently in physical danger, as they currently had no physical body to harm. None of their identifying features (vitiligo, badge, streak in their hair) were currently visible. On the flipside, they were frustratingly unable to harm anyone themself: while they could draw their weapon, it'd only be a harmless shadow until they phased back to physicality. If they phased back, they would almost certainly be able to reach the unconscious man... but there was no guarantee that he'd be any good as a hostage. They dismissed the thought of desperately lunging at Faust himself in hopes of bringing him down with them: even with one bodyguard down, he was too well-protected for the risk to be worth it.

They could run: they doubted there would be anything Faust could do to stop them, and their legs were long. They could run away into the labyrinth of alleyways, return to themself, and call up backup. By the time anyone would get there, Faust would no doubt be long gone, and they'd be unlikely to have the chance to shadow Faust so closely again: he'd be on high alert for any unnatural shadows. If they wouldn't get the chance again, they might as well make the most of what they had. They could always run if they needed to, or if Faust was unable to understand them.

Decision made, Saul deliberately stepped away from the fallen bodyguard, not putting up any pretense of pretending to be anyone present's shadow as they stood casually against the wall. That made it easier: if they had eyes, they'd be able to look Faust in his. Hands angled to show as much of the movements as they could, they began to sign. It's a pleasure to finally meet you in person, Mr. F-A-U-S-T.