They finally collide

Without you
I feel broke, like I'm part of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold
Without you
I feel torn, like a sale in a storm
Without you,
I'm just a sad song

We all know the story of Hades and Persephone. If you don't here's the gist of it: A cold hearted Greek god see's a beautiful young goddess. He steals her away into his dark realm of the underworld where he keeps her captive. The girl's mother is angry, and makes a bargain with the horrible captor so that her daughter may only remain in the underworld for four months, and be on Earth with her mother for the rest of the time. When the girl is in the underworld for four months, it is winter on Earth. When she is with her mother on Earth, it is spring. And that is the story. Or so we thought.
Only Hades and Persephone can tell the real story that has been twisted to make the ruler of the underworld seem more monsterous and hateful.
------------
Hades

I have to find a way to break this curse. This bargain. No one above my realm, outside my underworld, understands my queen. She does not wish to be traded among her family like an object. She is cunning, sweet, bitter, and strong, the one for me. She tells them when she goes to the surface, but they do not listen. They tell him I've manipulated her. She tells them I give her freedom in those four months, and they take it away. They want to find her a "true" husband. My wild queen is not made for a docile life. She is made to rule, to love, and to be free. They hold her down.

I'm losing my queen. Each time she returns, she's quieter than the last. She is losing herself. The fire that once burned inside her is leaving. She tells me perhaps they're right. It was childishness that made her act with such resistance. I tell her that resistance, that passion and bravery is what made me fall for her.

I have to find a way to break this curse. Last time she told me I should find a way. Unless I broke it, I will always be known as the monster. I tell her no one's opinion matters but hers. She does not follow her heart anymore. She isn't the wild flower anymore. She does not bring fire to my dark realm. She only feeds it more darkness.

I have to find a way to break this curse. Bu if I do, she might not stay.

According to everyone else, Hades found a way to make Persphone's life even worse. He broke the bargain and found a selfish way to keep the girl all to himself. He was more monstrous than they thought. He made Persphone human, shielded her from the other gods. Only gods know what he's doing to her.

To Hades, he made Persphone human at a price. To allow her access to find herself again. The human world is so wild, it might bring back the wildness in her. He made his queen human. At a price. She must realize that who she is. She must choose Hades once she has made that realization. And she must endure an endless cycle of human life and death, over and over, reincarnated every generation, until she is able to do so. Each time, she has a different personality, and remembers nothing. A new life, with an old soul.

Hades couldn't stand to be far from Persphone, after watching her first few lives end without her realizing anything. Persphone's human life was ending today. She would be reborn again today. He would go to Earth today and build himself a human life. He would help her and she would come home.
--------
RP will start when Persphone [can have a different name] is in her Junior year of high school. Hades meant to show up in her Freshmen year but forgot human time worked differently from his time.

Questions or concerns please comment. I hope I get someone to RP this with! Super excited!

12maori3

Re: [One]Sad Song (Miro-Chan)

Post by 12maori3 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Hades snapped his fingers and the flames of his shirt went out, looking clean once more. It felt like only a few moments ago he had last seen Persphone but according to the newspapers he saw, it had been about ten years. Last time he saw his queen she had been a small human, a very small human child. She had been only seven years old. Which meant he had gotten the year he was supposed to go to school with her mixed up. It didn't matter however, because he would adapt. This was the 6th time Persphone would be alive on this Earth, but she would have Hades to help her remember who she was. She would have regained her fire and make the decision for herself to be with him.

Hades walked into the institution that claimed to teach human children and give them very biased information to lead a rather unhealthy and monotone life. However, the same institution was where many human children became what society would call "rebels". They were the true innovators of society, the hawty ones were the incarnation of stubbornness and fire. He hoped his queen would've found her way among them. He would know her when he saw her so he walked, surveying the hallways and ignoring the looks he received. He was the new student. Apparently they didn't get much of those around here.

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Tack. Tack. Tack

The light knocking sounds came from a wooden walking stick lightly hitting the polished, white tiled floor of the Pashing Woodland High School. A pair of ankle high, brown boots squeaked a bit against the flooring, wet from the rain pouring down outside from the loud, thunderous storm raging outside. Layla's long, curly, fiery red hair was slowly drying, slowly starting to become frizzy from where it had been soaking wet. Her long sleeved, white shirt was tucked beneath a dark green blouse, which was also underneath a dark red, large, cotten shawl. The shawl had golden, Greek markings on it and even though Layla could not see them, she was still happy about having something else related to Greek mythology. Her foster parents had given to her for her fifteenth birthday because they knew just how much she loved the wonderfully, insane stories.

Layla had taken the first three courses of the Greek Mythology class for the past three years and since she was in her senior year, the young woman was a bit sad that it would be her last class dealing with the legends... Until she started college. A small smile came her face as she thought about all the available classes dealing with different histories and myths, already excited at the thought of being able to take them. Her body took a turn to the right, down the hallway where the building of mathematics classes were, and her slender, long fingers brushed against the brick walls. Once her fingers felt the feeling of the cold steel of the handicapped elevator door, she felt around for the buttons. The only button available was in the middle of the steel rectangle and she pressed it.

It didn't take long for the boxed transport's doors to slide open and the familiar ding noise filled Layla's ears, blocking out all the loud chatter and footsteps from the rush of the crowd to her left. The young student stepped within the confines of the elevator and turned around, letting out a small breath of air in relief. Even while she waited for the doors to close, she didn't have to deal with the suffocation of the large crowd of fellow students ramming into her anymore. Her pale, grey eyes stated forwards as she heard the doors slide to a shut and she closed them the fee moments she was alone. Once the doors opened again, she adjusted the strap of her brown leather bag and exited the elevator, merging into the sea of students yet again. It was the mid afternoon, which meant lunch would be during Layla's third period--statistics class.

The blind woman made her way through the crowd and was able to not run into anyone for a good amount of time. However, it was when she tried to avoid the circle of chanting students, where a fight had apparently broken out, that she was suddenly shoved from behind by somebody possibly having been punched, or pushed into her direction. With a startled grunt, her colorless eyes widened a bit as her form fell to the floor rather harshly and she caught herself with her hands.

"Ouch...Ouch...Ouch..." She whispered to herself as she lifted her hands from the floor and immediately afterwards, the smell of iron filled her nostrils.

Her hands were bleeding.

Well, poopie. Layla thought as she pushed herself up from the tiled floor

She heard a rushed of a teacher's footsteps and yelling echoed in the hallway. Students began to scatter and run away, some carelessly ramming themselves into Layla, causing her to be slammed into the wall with a small groan of pain. With an exhale of air, she pushed herself from the wall and made her way back towards the elevator once she had spoken with the teacher. He had asked if someone would help her to the medical center, but Layla quickly spoke, telling them that she was fine and didn't need any help. Once back onto the first floor, she walked out of the mathematics buildings and towards the main building. The smells of fresh air and food being made from the cafeteria and it made Layla's mouth water a bit.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo Da Vinci

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 am

Hades had been to the human world a few times, even before Persphone became human and he had already claimed a few things he liked. Courtesy of his cousins, brothers and sisters who had contributed into the makings of the human world, his liked the arts. It was the only place he would find himself and truly wondered whether the select few humans who wrote, drew, and sculpted truly understand suffering and darkness. Before Persphone, he had no companions, only his work and the few others that dwelled in the Underworld with him. Naturally, like every other soul, he seeked some form of understanding that other gods could not give him. He didn't want them to give him, and that was another story on it's on. He knew he had a greater sense of moral justice than all his brothers and sisters combined. He would never seek companionship in the likes of them. Only Persphone was different.

When Hades came on to Earth, he would travel to the great libraries that held the writings of dark poets and novelist. The depths of their thinking about the darkness that made up all life, not just human life almost came close to his, but never quiet. The art that sometimes featured nothing but blackness, only he understood the artists train of thought. While most deemed them depressed, he understood. And it was in that where he had seeked companionship, a cure for his loneliness. When Persphone came, he never had need for it. And when she left, it only made since for his major in this institution to be art. Now he would paint some dark masterpieces of his own.

Hades, began his search. He would guide his queen into remembering who she was. He would not be able to stand watching her go through another human life without realizing. If she knew, she would never let Hades have his peace. The memory of who Persphone was before her change made the God of the Underworld smile. The fire in her had died out, dimmed by the constant pestering of her mother, her friends and every other god and goddess on and outside of Olympus. She did not want to leave Hades, he knew, but she was just tired of fighting. He made a bargain to bring her here, so that she may restore her own fire and chose him one and for all.

As Hades walked aimlessly in and out of buildings, looking, and waiting to find his queen, he saw her. First was the tug in his chest that made him stop in his tracks. Then it was the pull, as if the fates were drawing him to her. Hades could not believe his eyes as he spotted her, facing away from him, yet he knew it was here. The fates had a sense of humor, Hades thought as he took in her red her and her shawl marked with Greek symbols. He smiled and knew it was Persphone because only she could make him smile with all his heart. Hades began to walk, his simple black long sleeve shirt, black pants and black boots making no sound as he came up to walk beside her.

He hadn't thought about this part. The introduction. He was a stranger to her, and her to him. He cleared his throat and spoke, "Excuse me. I'm wondering if you could help, I'm looking for the art building," he spoke to her directly even though he had passed through it many times looking for her.

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:29 pm

She had just started to ready herswlf to walk in the rain, but stopped herself. A new smell mixed with that of the ones from the cafeteria and the outside. It smelled very masculine, peppery, and...had a hint of ash to it. A bit confused by the smell, Layla had began to turn around, but jumped when someone suddenly spoke to her from her left side. She couldn't help her brows crinkle a bit together as she thought about how she hadn't heard the male approach. Surely she would have hear breathing, or footsteps, or something to let her know he had been coming towards her? Pushing the thought away, she turned her head a bit toward the new stranger, who had asked her where the art building was. Well, now she was in a pickle...

Should she help the new student get to where he was going so he wasn't late, or should she go get her hands looked after?

Layla pressed her lips together as she clenched her hand into a fist and hid it behind her back. A small giggle escaped her as she thought of someome asking her, a blind woman, to help them find a building... A smile formed on her face as she stated, "Of course. ...We might have to take the elevator since I'm not very coordinated....enough...to ah,...to get up stairs."

She then turned and walked towards the building she assumed was to her left, which would have been the history building that was next to the art building. The five minute bell rang as she entered within the building and she somewhat felt awkward without any talking.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you a new student here?" She asked with a hint of hesitation in her voice. Sometimes new students didn't want to speak with her, so she usually stayed quiet.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:44 pm

(Just bumping so the to doesn't get locked~!)

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:32 am

(Thank you so much for bumping this! I honestly thought I was the last one to reply and was waiting for you)

Hades was momentarily stunned, a true sight to behold. The god of the Underworld, witness to an infinity of wailing and screeching souls, master of all poker faces, and perhaps many other titles he was less aware of...he was stunned. He heard her giggle then saw the smile on her face. She had a different face, a different structure, a different everything but when she smiled, it was as if Persephone herself was standing in front of him. During the times she had enjoyed his company and not cared at all what anyone thought when she had been the true definition of life itself. He saw that now. And though she was a woman now, she shone like the goddess she was.

Hades made himself turn toward the school before it became strange to stare at her for so long. He willed himself to his senses, as he often used to do around Persephone, and calmed himself from the inside out. By the time that was over, she had finished speaking so Hades looked back to her. Doing a much better job of hiding his intense affection, Hades replied, "I'm not sure I understand..." But she was already walking away. He felt a pulse of warmth run through him, taking in the reassurance that she was still very much set in her way.

As Hades followed, noting the way her red hair flew behind her like an aura of fire and light, he noticed the subtle movements compared to all the humans he'd seen in his life. His eyes went to hers but before he could detect anything, he smelled blood. His eyes went back to hers and he noted the subtle difference he had missed the first time, too blown away by her qualities. He looked ahead at where they were headed, a silent question in his tone as he answered, "Yes, I'm new here. My name is," there was a brief moment of contemplation but ultimately, he settled on, "Hades. I don't mean to offend you in any way, but based on my observation it seems you're blind. And hurt, though I can't see where. If you are, I can help you as payment for helping me," he cracked a small smile. Even in her human form, Persephone was the only one that could get a ghost of a smile from Hades.

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:09 pm

As she came to a stop right outside the set of iron, double doors, she titled her head forwards the newcomer a bit. A smirk tilted one of the edges of her pale lips as he revealed his name to her and pointed out one of her obvious qualities. The wind's small breeze barely brushed by her in the small archway and she chuckled a bit.

"Hades...? That's an interesting name. Same as the Greek god of the Underworld," she stated before she lgihrlt brushed one of her fingers against the few stands of hair that tickled her nose. "Oh, no offense taken. I'm blind, sadly. It's not so bad, though. ...Makes life a fun challenge!" She responded with a grin, hoping her head was turned in his direction.

One of her hands clenched into a fist, while the other held tighter onto her walking stick. "Ah, yeah... I was just knocked over earlier because if a fight and my hands scraped against the floor. It's no big deal, really... Just a little blood."

Layla couldn't tell jsut how much her hands were bleeding, however. Little trails of the red, thick liquid were slowly running down her walking stick and dropping onto the pavement below. She could feel the heat and pulsing pain coming from the wounds and let out a small, silent sigh. "...To be honest, I was headed to the nurse's office, but you needed help. I'll help you first before I get patched up." She stated with a warm smile and she turned to reach her free hand forward to find the door handle.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:48 am

Hades watched the smirk appear on her face and didn't bother hiding his surprise when she chuckled. He felt the pull towards her increase and involuntarily his mouth turned up when she said his name. It was even better when she knew what it meant and who the name belonged to. Hades watched her closely now, the way she brushed her hair back and smiled so easily. His smile widened slightly when she looked at him directly. She may not have looked or behaved exactly like Persephone, but he could feel the same spirit coming from her the same way he did when he met Persephone for the first time.

Hades looked down at her hand, the smile immediately disappeared from his face. He waited until she was done talking and took her hand as she raised it to find the door handle. It was obvious by his facial expression he was displeased but his touch was soft and his hands cool. "This isn't a little blood. It could also get infected," he looked around where they were currently, knowing where the nurse's office was exactly. "Let's head to the nurse's office, first, then I can find a map. Or perhaps you can still show me the way, if you'd like. But let's go get you checked out first."

He still had her hand in his, looking past the fact that her hand was in his, that he Persephone was with him at that moment. Hades turned her around, "I might have seen it on my way here," he added to justify him knowing which way the nurse's office actually was. There was a lot of blood coming from her hand but he couldn't lose his composure so he tried having a conversation with her, "Now that you know who I am, it'd be a bit easier to talk to you if I knew your name also."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:29 am

(bump:))