Travelers of the Multiverse

violetsun

Re: Travelers of the Multiverse

Post by violetsun » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:06 am

@everyone I guess?

"I don't disagree, we should--"

Phina didn't have time to respond before a gaggle of kids came around the corner, chasing one another. She shifted out of the way so they could pass, but just barely. "Hey, watch were you're going!"

They stopped all in unison and stared at her. The smallest was probably around fourteen, but the biggest neared her height, and he snarled at her with one lip curled through greasy hair that hung in his face. "What are you going to do if I don't?"

Phina frowned, hand reflexively going for her dagger. It was just a child, but a child who looked sixteen or seventeen, which was old enough to do damage if he wanted to. She glanced around at the crumbling structures around them. Some of the lettering was old, yes, but some was fresh, and in one corner someone had carved a crude picture of genitalia. She smirked. "I suppose by the looks of this place and by the lettering carved into the buildings that you lot aren't supposed to be here. Tell us where we are or I'll find your parents."

The children glanced among each other before the oldest one rolled his eyes. "Khales. Idiot. There's nothing around here for miles. Go snitch to my mom if you want, she's about three miles that way."

Phina smiled before turning to the others. "Thank you!"

Rannok glanced between her and the gang of misfit children. Sasha stepped to the side, sword at the ready. Who knew what else was out there. She stared Phina down for a second before nodding.

"I can't deny that was good," she said. "What do we do now?"

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:16 am

Battery lowered his pistol, watching the kids with suspicion. He could already hear the voice speak.
'You already know what a child's blood slipping through your fingers feels like. Matthew's blood.'
"We should still check that vantage point, see what the terrain is like in the distance." He looked to Jack, and gestured to the tall building.
"Val will probably give us our best look at our surroundings. Let's go. If we come under fire, fall in behind me." Battery began a cautious walk to the building, his footsteps deceptively quiet.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:36 am

@group

"I'm good with this," Mirmuse said quietly, xyr head still twitching, a bit startled that xe hadn't noticed the human calves' approach over all the ambient sounds around xem. Hopefully the top of the building would be a bit quieter: otherwise, xe doubted xe'd get much use out of it with xyr poor eyesight. Xe followed Battery anyway, claws clicking on the stone road. Xe tried to keep mostly in the shadows of the buildings; it was good luck that those kids hadn't seemed to see xem, half-hidden an alleyway.

Mirmuse held in a grumble of irritation, knowing that the others were right about xem being spooky to strangers but no less frustrated by it. No one else had to be careful not to be seen, except maybe David; xe supposed that if a stranger came by xe should just curl up and pretend to be a passing boulder? Who knew, maybe humans would buy that. Xe would.

Darn it, xe didn't even have a weapon. Not that Mirmuse wanted one, really, but it didn't help xyr mood to be the only one of the group wandering unarmed around an alien planet who's population might freak out upon seeing xem. Yeah, humans were small but that wouldn't help xem if they had guns.
Last edited by ConfidentialCon on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:05 am

@ Group

As the kids came on gone Val scanned them and found nothing unusual about them. The group reminded Jack of his own youth, hanging out in the old ruins, carving his name and...other things into the walls. Battery's plan brought Jack back to reality and he nodded at the plan.

"Alright...I'll cover the rear." Jack say as he waited for the others to go ahead and watch their backs. As he walked he occasionally looked back. Val continued her scans of the area and so far found nothing besides the three kids walking away.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

someguywithakeyboard

Post by someguywithakeyboard » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am

@Jack

"Hm...Very true. They do seem to be able to survive the longest." David replied with a nod. Before he knew it, they had been dropped off on the desert planet. David had begun to tune out the discussions of the others, focusing on his surroundings, a thousand questions entering his robotic mind; who built this village? Why does it seem to be abandoned? Is there other life here?

He was brought out of his distracted state by the arrival of the children. It had been a while since he had seen human children--Well, he wasn't even entirely sure if they were human or just resembled them, this was another planet after all. Even so, he remembered seeing roving groups of youths like these three back in the wastelands of Automnus, except they normally carried some form of weaponry to defend themselves against the squads of drones like himself. Upon hearing one mention they had a mother, he felt a sort of relief come over him, at least these kids weren't orphans. Before he could react, they had walked away.

David followed after the rest of the group, feeling as if he should say something, but the most he could finally muster was "...At least we know there's life on this planet."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:38 pm

@Where the Wild Things Roam

Mai frowned as the gaggle of wild children and teens went streaming past. No real reaction at the odd dress which half of them had, so that meant what? Perhaps nothing, but still, it was something to be stored away in the back of the mind. She eyed the direction that the kids had ran off to, remembering some old news story about people who would sneak past the wall to explore dead zones. But the kids didn't seem like they really, they were more what? Misfits and runaways?

A bunch of kids who walked three miles to some old abandoned town to tear it up because no one was around to tell them to stop? The hooligans weren't the reason the town was abandoned but… her frown deepened. Maybe a look out at the surroundings could answer a question or two, even if it was bound to raise even more.

With a shrug she fell into step with the others.
"What a fun place to get dumped onto."
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 pm

@David

"And where there's life, there's hope," Mirmuse agreed, a bit cheered. Okay, so Khales wasn't quite all xe'd hoped for on an alien planet -no hovercrafts, all the buildings were tiny, the lack of ceiling overhead was a bit more unnerving than xe'd expected, everyone was kind of sad- but still! An alien planet! Plus, the ship hadn't just thrown them out in midair, so it wasn't like things were anywhere near as bad as they could've been.

"Wait, are you alive? Since you're a robot and all?"

Xe glanced over at David curiously, gesturing with xyr beak for him to walk by xem in the cool part of the street. ...Well, the darker and less visible part of the street, to be exact, but since Mirmuse was there it was by definition cool. With a bit of imagination, sneaking around in the shadows like this was even kind of fun, like xe was a suave and handsome spy on a mission. Which xe was, in a sense.

someguywithakeyboard

Post by someguywithakeyboard » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 pm

@Mirmuse

David stopped dead in his tracks at the question, "Am I...Alive?" He echoed back, "I would not technically call myself living, I do not need to eat or breathe, I do not fatigue..." He walked over to Mirmuse, head lowered in thought as he did, "Yet...I can think for myself, I can feel emotion, and I can choose my own path." He turned to Mirmuse, "I may not be living, but I am alive."

violetsun

Post by violetsun » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:01 am

@everyone

"Yeah," Rannok said to Mai, unsheathing his sword before looking around to see if anyone else would appear out of the ether. This entire place felt like bad memories and set his skin to goosebumps. Beside him he heard the sliding of metal that meant Sasha had drawn hers as well. Her eyes were hard, all business, the tension stiff through her shoulders. The exact opposite of how she had looked a few moments ago. He'd forgotten how fast she could look capable.

"We should go to where their parents were," Sasha said, watching as Mirmuse dipped into one of the shadows.

Up ahead the road curved far into the distance, toward what looked like a town that was so plain once you crossed from behind the building that there was no need to stand atop anything to see it. This one didn't look so sad, even from far away. There was a clustering of tents a little closer up, close enough that people could be seen milling around them. Between the ruins and them, though, laid nothing but salt flats.

"I don't think it's so wise to approach strangers," Phina said, the corners of her mouth turning downwards.

"It's better than not doing anything," Sasha said. "Battery and Jack have those...pointy arrow things," she said, staring at their rifles, having forgotten the name.

@battery

The town holds answers.

The voice was a shadow, just a whisper through the already-present chink in the man's armor. Nestled in through a gap no one could see but you could feel when the wind blew and sent a gust of cold air up one's shirt. The wind kicked up, but no one else seemed to notice.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:00 am

@Team
Battery stopped dead in his tracks, a paranoid glint in his eye.
"Cut the chatter," he whispered harshly. "I heard something." It had to be someone. Someone was in the town. Toying with them. It wasn't Stormcaster. It only spoke when he slept. He scanned the immediate area, pistol at the ready. Battery's tattoos felt like they were on fire, every muscle stung like an electric current was running through his body. Stormcaster was fighting back, Battery was familiar with this pain. It hadn't worked yet and Battery was certain today would be no different.
Battery gestured for the team to stop and took a knee, pistol holstered and both hands touching the ground. He called upon the electricity coursing through his body and game himself a positive static electric charge. Every hair on his body stood on end, and he could feel every negatively charged object and being within ten feet, but he only sensed the team. With a frown he stood up and touched his hand to the head of his axe. There was a pop as the static discharged into the metal. Battery drew his pistol and turned back to the others.
"There's something out here, but I don't know where." His voice was quiet and serious.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.