Travelers of the Multiverse

ConfidentialCon

Re: Travelers of the Multiverse

Post by ConfidentialCon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:56 pm

@ showdown

Mirmuse shrugged, glancing over at the others. Xe had no weapons to give up: if the others decided to go along with this xe would too.

“Where do you want us to go?” xe asked. If they dragged this out long enough Rannok might wake up.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:17 am

Battery's blood boiled. Mirmuse, Sasha, David. They were all cowards. They were weak. If there was anything Battery didn't do, he certainly didn't let people tell him what to do, and never by taking a hostage. But something kept his body frozen as something clawed at his mind.
"NO! YOU CAN'T... I KILLED YOU!"
Sparks coursed across his skin, his tattoos glowed brightly. Battery cast his handgun aside, bolts jumping from his hand. His eyes were squarely on the man holding Rannok. Storm clouds that only he could perceive formed over the village.
Battery fell to one knee, smoke coming off his skin. Everything in his mind went dark as his own consciousness went dark.
The figure that rose up and strode forward in his place walked with a noble's authority and dignified steps. Something wearing Battery's body. Green veins seemed to have grown from his tattoos, like a plant taking root. It dusted its host body off and spoke in a voice that was physically Battery's, but had a faint English affect.
"Forgive my 'host'. He can be rather... contentious. We shall do as you say."
It undid the harness holding the axe and followed the mysterious man, the weapon falling to the ground with a heavy thud.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

violetsun

Post by violetsun » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:55 am

@commotion

The man didn't seem phased when the ghost crawled out of Battery any more than he did when Jack trained his rifle on him.

"Now," the man said. "Follow me. Your friend does not have long to receive an antidote before the sedative kills him."

Sasha swallowed hard and began to follow the man, Phina a few steps behind. That was the only way they had right now to save him. The thought of it made her feel sick.

"We should go," she said to the others, trying not to look at the ghost. The thought of their predicament scared her more.

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:03 am

@Showdown?

Mirmuse looked between Battery and Sasha, wide-eyed. Oh god, Battery'd finally screamed himself into a seizure or a nervous breakdown or something and now he thought he was a zombie. They needed to get him to a doctor before he accidentally hurt himself or something. Once they got Rannok back and not dying xe could bring them both to one: xe wasn't an expert on humans, but the way his wing bent didn't look right.

"Uh, alright..." xe said, concerned but unwilling to put Battery and Sasha in more danger by arguing with them in front of the hostile human. Guess they were doing this after all. And who knew, maybe this whole thing was actually a hilarious misunderstanding and they'd be laughing about it by tomorrow. It didn't seem very likely, but it wasn't impossible. (Mirmuse really hoped that one of the others had a brilliant plan to get them out of this.)

Xe gingerly stepped forward to follow behind Phina, wondering if the hostage taker would demand xem to drop xyr non-existent weapons. Hopefully it wouldn't make xem wear a muzzle or something.

someguywithakeyboard

Post by someguywithakeyboard » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:55 am

@Battery

David turned and looked the now-possessed Battery up and down; it resembled him physically, minus the green veins of course, but the voice, the posture, the antiquated way of speaking...They were all different, and whatever had taken Battery over, David had the feeling it wasn't friendly.

"Who are you?" David finally asked, "Why are you here, and why are you possessing my ally?"
Last edited by someguywithakeyboard on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:25 am

"I was honored with the title of Stormcaster, Knight of Tempest. I have..." Stormcaster looked at Battery's tattoos, its prison. "Been here the whole time. Watching, listening. I do not know why, but this place grants me strength enough to fight him."
It continued to follow the man carrying Rannok. Green lightning ran across the body it wore.
"This cretin enslaved me when I refused to serve him, automaton."

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:11 am

"Val...options."

Jack said under his breath, wanting Val's opinion of this situation. All the while he didn't move from his spot...being quickly left behind.

"Limited. Open fire...risk Rannok not receiving the antidote. Stay here...risk an ambush.
Follow...unknown risk."

"Everyone else is going... safety in numbers I guess. Val activate homing beacon on my rifle...I'm getting this back one way or another."

With that Jack begrudgingly left is rifle and pistol with battery's axe. Though he left his guns behind he still had a knife hidden in his boot, ready if needed. As he caught up with the group Val keep the direction of the rifle in his HUD, so Jack could easily get back to it quickly. Once with the group he eyed this stormcaster. He didn't trust him one bit.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:42 pm

@Group
Well that was something. Not really a good something, but then again none of this was a good something. At the very least it kept her from having to try to force the weapons out of their hands, so that was a sort of positive. And the negative was the psycho was now being controlled by an unknown entity. Well, for now it was the lesser issue, they needed to get Rannok help first then clear up this misunderstanding.

She fell into step with the group as the man lead them away. To were? The makeshift camp? It was about the only destination she saw in the salt flats.

“All downhill from here.” Mai mumbled to herself.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 am

"Make no mistake, sellsword..." Stormcaster looked over its shoulder at Jack. "My captor did indeed destroy the universe he and I originate from, and he knew full well the devastation his actions would cause."
It looked back at Phina. "I do apologize for this brute, m'lady. He is a man with a hammer to whom everything resembles a nail. You would have gone far with Tempest, perhaps you might have even become our King." Turning to look at the man the team was following, Stormcaster pondered its options.
Yes. She would be the best chance to gain freedom. The stone creature would be a viable alternative if I appeal to its ego.
There was a pounding feeling in its mind. Battery was fighting back. A single bolt on its skin turned blue. "Alas, my time among the young draws to a close. Should you wish to see yourself rid of this brute, go to him while he sleeps. Meditate upon your wishes, your strengths, your ambitions. If your convictions are strong enough, you will open the path, and I shall show you how to free my from my captor."

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:24 pm

“Yeah, I’ll make sure to get on that,” Mirmuse assured Battery, though xe wasn’t entirely certain what he meant by ‘being free of its captor’ or why he thought xe’d want to do that. No point upsetting the guy by saying that though, especially with how freaked out everyone else seemed to be. Did they really believe all that stuff about being possessed by a ghost knight?

Mirmuse wanted to shake xyr head. Ghosts were, and had always been, fake. Sure, aliens were real, but that didn’t mean xe had to throw all common sense out the window.

“For real though, I’ll make sure to stop by and say hi,” xe said. Even if it was a figment of Battery that thought it was a spooky ghost, that didn’t mean they couldn’t still be friends. And someone who thought they were a spooky ghost probably needed friends more than anyone.