Blight Of Glass

someguywithakeyboard

Re: Blight Of Glass

Post by someguywithakeyboard » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:33 am

James sighed and turned to Pep upon hearing her question, "It's a long story, might wanna get comfy for this one." He replied, taking a seat. "It ain't exactly a happy one either," he added before beginning, "I met her 5 years ago. I was the leader of a group of daemon hunters, we traveled the land protecting people from, well, y'know, daemons. One day, while we were in the middle of fighting a real powerful daemon, she showed up from out of nowhere and saved my life. Saved all our lives, really... She said her name was Gwendolyn Thorne, and that she had heard about us and wanted to join. I didn't know any better back then, I was a god damn naive kid...I let her in. I let her become close. One day, she claimed she'd found out about the location of a real powerful artifact, something that could put an end to all these damn daemons. Like the idiot I was, I believed her and we followed her to the location...All that was waiting for us was a god damn ambush, and when the fighting started she turned tail and left us all behind." He looked down and away, as if trying to hide his face, " I was the only one who survived. I saw my..." He stopped himself again to collect himself, "My little brother..." James had to fight himself in order for his voice not to break, deciding to just move on with the story, "I...I didn't know what to do with myself so...I...I ran, for 5 years, I ran away from the world. I couldn't be a hunter, not after I had gotten 10 people killed because I made the mistake of trusting someone. Then the offer to take on this quest to find the shards found its way into my hands and here we are." He turned back to Pep, "In short, she's a turncoat, a backstabber, and whatever she wanted to understand your magic for, it can't be anything good." He nodded upon her reassurance that she'd never have betrayed them, the only response he was able to muster was a simple "I know."

Magnol92

Post by Magnol92 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:01 pm

Mack sighed when James said his story. ''I've had my own interaction with a cult member a couple of years back, but it was my fault. Wicker was his name, it didn't take long before he got taken in by a group of royalty...'' He sighed, not bothering to spare any more detail on it. ''Anyways, now that this whole ordeal is over, and I got a new shadow hand. I best it's time I spare a short secret with you. I've always hated the rich right? Well, since my family was poor, we had no money, no food, not even clean water. I sometimes, was forced to intervene. Don't hate me for this, but I used to be a thief. Wicker first got me hooked on the idea, my first scavenge was at a mansion. Since then, I stole food, shiny goods, and more in small values. I've never been caught, been close to it though.'' Mack went silent, he was filled with so much guilt, he just had no idea what to do when Wicker looked at him, his face was white and his tears were constant like waterfalls. Mack only knocked him down because he was dragging him away, and he'd be lost if he didn't get Wicker away.

- - - - - - -

It was all a blur, his hair was crusty and rough. He couldn't remember anything, not even his name. He was wearing such stupid clothes, and all he could hear was constant ringing that grated his ears. It slowly got better as he woke more and more, until it was completely gone. The man grabbed his head, and felt a small scar. How'd it get there, and why did he feel stronger than usual? He stood up and wobbled over to a tree, a rotten arm was there, causing him to wince and gag. And there he saw it, in the distance. A giant group of dead people wearing the same clothes as him. He felt like fainting, but he couldn't faint again, he was simply too confused to just give up and die out here.

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Pepper looked at Tess, shaking her head. "No, No. I'll be fine, it's just some small cuts." She gave a faint smile, before returning her attention to James' story. She listened quietly, taking into note his brother's death and how caught up he seemed by it. "I'm sorry, for your loss. If you ever feel like you want to see him I could-" She stopped herself, looking away. Pepper realized not everyone was eager to the idea of seeing a dead loved one; She certainly wasn't. She had become desensitized to the notion, having spoken to and seen the various spirits that lingered about her for so long. Her attention was torn away as she then listened to Mack, telling the group of his run ins with the cult and his background as a petty thief. Pepper twiddled her thumbs, a feeling of guilt choking her. All these people were troubled by what the Cult had done, had their lives changed and influenced by them; And she knew fully well what could have happened if she had given Gwendolyn her secrets. When Mack was finished, Pepper took a deep breath. "I suppose since we're sharing secrets." She started, pulling herself to her feet. "Gwendolyn wanted my magic because it's the same kind she uses. Sacrificial stuff, Plasma." Pepper motioned to the cuts on her hands. "It's powerful, especially if you can use it correctly. I uh.." She shuffled her feet. "I'm a Witching, obviously. I had to go to the Academy, got locked away in tiny cells to prevent me from lashing out, did all the courses. I was never satisfied with using just Spirit. It's powerful, yes, but I was dumb and power-hungry as a kid. I started studying in the library, late at night, after curfew. Sneaked out of my dorm just before dusk, and ran into a friend of mine. He told me he found a way to learn a specific type of Magicks that was better than anything I had seen before. I just had to follow him to this little camp he found in the woods. I was all for adventure, so I followed him, of course. Didn't know it then, but I met with a Cult Member. He promised a lot; Unlimited gold, Power, Food, whatever my heart desired. So I-" Pepper clasped her hands together, sighing. "I joined them. Was with them for almost 5 years. Left a few months before i met with all of you." Her eyes watered slightly, remembering something she wished not to. "I learned my lesson in those 5 years. The Cult isn't just a little thing to mess with, neither is Sacrificial Plasma. I haven't seen the cult since then; At least, not until now." She looked at the others, her eyes still watery. "I'm going to assume you'll be mad, feel betrayed, won't trust me. But I beg you to know that I would never follow those bastards again." She sniffled, rubbing her eyes. "They made me kill my best friend. Said it wouldn't hurt him." She chuckled, in a sarcastic way. "Well it didn't hurt. Just got his soul stuck with me now." She mumbled, sitting back down against the wall, going back to twiddling her thumbs together.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:03 am

Moon quietly walked towards Pepper, and lightly put her hand on Pepper's cut up hand, and smiled lightly. Her glowing blue eyes look up at Pepper, then she blinks a few times before saying something. "Hey..." she said quietly while holding a handkerchief with little crescent moon's that were sown in to the fabric, and offers it to Pepper. "We've all been in tough spots before, and learn from our mistakes. I'm sure a person of your caliber can understand what is a mistake, and what is not... To feel for your friend, and to harbor his soul, is to emit that it was a mistake, but imagine if you didn't care... Imagine if you destroyed him entirely? What would be left of him then? What kind of person would that make you?" She paused for a moment, and looks around in the room, looking at the others, then back at Pepper.

"We all carry a bit of something with us, but to carry nothing at all, shows that you had no care in the world, or what is to come. Tess is constantly reminded of her limits as a Machine Elemental, as for myself... I have a similar issue, like yourself... DIana... Diana Rose is not a friend, but she did save my life, and we have a 'neutral' understanding... She said, while her eyes shifted red for a short moment, as a corrupted voice interrupts Moon's silence "oh Moon, how hurtful, and here I thought we were soulmates..." Diana said in a seductive voice, teasing Moon, as she turn back to normal, however she was blushing lightly of the thought.

Moon pursed her lips, embarrassed as ever, and looks back at Pep with her blue eyes. "A-...Anyhow, point is... I guess how the humans would put it, we all have our crosses to bare..." As she stood there, still holding the handkerchief for Pep.
Last edited by GUVII on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 am

Titania heard the groups’ conversation from the kitchen and sighed softly to herself. These kids’ve been through so much... She thought to herself, walking into the living room and setting the tray down on a small table. She lowered herself into a worn down rocking chair, her old bones creeped silentwly as she sat down, looking at the injured group. ”Sounds like you all’ve had such troubled pasts and with this Cult. Been livin’ in these parts for twenty-six years and never have I heard of such a Cult. Probably ‘cause I kept to myself..” Titania said, hearing the sound of shifting upstairs.

”Just to let you know, Momotaro’s never been the type to stay silent about stuff. She’s too protective for her own good... killed her damn lover ‘cause of it too..” She said softly, looking down at her scarred hands. Titania looked back at the group, moment of them looked the same, each having a unique look to them. ”Momotaro never dealt with people bullying her. Ran away from my village so her father wouldn’t kill both of us since she was different. She grew up alone since we’re so deep in. But then she found Amay. Heh, those two connected in an instant.” There as a pained look in Titania’s eyes as she told Momotaro’s story.

”I’ve warned her about how powerful our rage could be and yet she didn’t listen. Killed that girl’s family for insulting them both and Amay... I don’t know why y’all are here, but if Momo’s going with you, she probably wants to redeem herself then.” Titania said, looking at the group with a cold stare. ”Promise me this one thing. A mother to her child’s friends, don’t let Momotaro get angry. No matter what. She couldn’t live with herself if she happened to kill another’s one of her friends, understood?” Titania said, hearing the sound of footsteps coming down stairs.

”Mama~ can I have some hon-! Mack! You’re safe!” Momotaro said, running up to him and hugging him tightly in excitement. ”I’m sorry I couldn’t help save you! Please forgive me!” She said, tears forming as she was happy to see that he was safe. Titania only chuckled as Momotaro had quickly recovered. ”...! Your arm... it’s healed? Can Humans do that? Mama, can humans do this?” Momotaro said, noticing Mack’s arm and holding it up for her mother to see. ”First off, that’s very impolite, Momotaro. And secondly, it must simply be his magick.” Titania said, which Momotaro quickly let go of Mack’s arm and bowed in apology.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 am

Magnol92

Post by Magnol92 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 am

Mack was in shock when Moon said the line ''Imagine if you destroyed him entirely? What would be left of him then? What kind of person would that make you?''. That alone made Mack quiver with fear, he had killed Wicker, sure he felt remorse, but he had killed him of his own choice. He had gave in somebody that he was friends with. Insane or not, he and Wicker had a strong friendship. And all he wanted to do was apologise. A strong wave of horror clogged his throat. Causing him to take shallow short breaths. He could almost feel Wicker coming up on him to get revenge as a ghost, the ridiculousness was possible. He had performed a couple of spirit-talks. But he required the body, so all he could do was wait to be cursed.

Luckily, most of his mind was taken off of it when Momotaro hugged him tightly, he blushed with embarrassment and felt relieved when she finally let go. He chuckled at Titania's remark. ''It's okay, I get this often.'' His mind quickly thought of Titania's previous plead. ''Don't let Momotaro get angry...''. He went anxious, he was directly insulting his friend whilst she was caring for him, tears randomly began streaming down his face. He probably deserved to get mauled by her, but he quickly regained focus and forced himself to stop crying.

- - - - - - - -

After ages of walking down the forest, and panicking over weird eight legged bugs, Wicker finally stumbled upon a weird house, more of a cabin really, but pretty large for a human like himself. The only thing he remembered was common sense and what species and gender he was. Despite this, he walked up to the massive shack and hesitated to knock on the door, instead, he walked around, looking to see what was in the windows. A weird group of people caught his eye. Two weird robots, a man wearing a large collection of armour, two weird orcs, a young woman, some asshole looking gunman. And a rogue with a shadow arm. His attention was drawn to the rogue, he looked so familiar, was it his appearance? Did he know him? Whatever it was, he felt anger come from him, he accidentally slipped on one of the small piles of rocks by the house, causing to make a noticeably loud noise.

''What was that? I'll, go check it out, I need to take my mind off of things anyways.'' The rogue said, before leaving the room...

someguywithakeyboard

Post by someguywithakeyboard » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:59 pm

"You could let me see him?" James asked, eyebrow raising. He thought hard about it; He would be able to see his little brother again, but...Would he really be ready to? Would Luke really be ready to forgive him for James not saving him? "I'll...I'll get back to you on that." He finally replied. As she told her story, he felt unsure of what to say at that moment, but he put a silent, sympathetic hand on her shoulder, as if to say "I understand".

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Pepper merely nodded to what Moon told her, gently accepting the handkerchief and wiping the small tears from her face with it. "Thank you," She said softly, letting the smallest sigh escape from her. She didn't like what she had done in the past, but it was the past, anyhow. Her saddened expression dropped almost instantly when she heard Momotaro's loud voice and excited tone as she grasped at Mack's new arm. She couldn't help but chuckle, even a tiny bit, at her friend's curious demeanor. It was nice, seeing that even after passing out, Momotaro was still able to be the light of the group. They certainly needed it, especially after what happened. If they were easily rattled by just the Cult attacking, in such a small group no less, would they really be able to face whatever sat in the Tombs? Pepper shook her doubts from her mind; They had gotten out of the attack fairly well, although now they knew for certain that the Cult was most definitely after them. She rubbed her hands together, as if trying to think of something. Instead, she only winced and pain and pulled them apart, for she had forgotten about the magicks cuts she had made. "It's unfortunate that we were attacked, yes, but now we knew how to fight them properly." Pepper said, an air of confidence returning to her. "This sucked, no doubt, but at least we have information."

Pepper turned to James, as he asked her if he could really see his brother. "James, I could if you really want to. I'm just saying that I don't control the spirit world, I just manipulate it." She motioned to the hand that once had a glove on it, concealing the rune. "I liked the glove because it lessened the effect that the spirits had on me. Now that it's gone, I have more of them hanging around me. Which means they talk and show themselves; Just don't think any of you can see or hear them." Pepper nervously chuckled. "Makes me sound like i'm mad." She felt James' hand on her shoulder, and she gave a small, but sincere, smile. She patted his hand gently, before turning to Mack. "Mack, please be careful. Don't want you to lose your cool shadow arm." Pepper smiled, her jovial and somewhat mischievous attitude was returning. "Just yell if you need help, ok?" She added quickly, before returning her attention to her other friends.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Magnol92

Post by Magnol92 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Mack laughed at Pepper's statement. ''Yeah, but I can easily get this arm back, it just needs to be warmed up. It can't actually grow back if the area is too cold. Not that the woods are paradise-levels of hot, but it's enough to spring this thing to life.'' He exited the room, then the house, walking around the back to see what the trouble was.

Wicker could only stare at the rogue when he came over. He just froze, he had no idea what came over him. And thus, he was caught. His damp hair sticking out like a sore thumb to the person. He never expected the reaction he got.

''What...The...FUCK?!'' Mack stood back, pulling out his knife. ''Got damn it Wicker, why aren't you...Why! God fucking damn it, I was so ashamed of myself. I killed a friend, and now you're back to kill me!'' Wicker quickly stumbled backwards. ''What, do you know me? Is this why my hair feels wet? Was it blood? And d-did you just say you...You...'' His face went as pale as a blanket as his fist was clenched. ''Tell me, tell me all you know NOW!''

''Shit, guys, I need some-mmph...'' Mack's face was covered with Wicker's palm as both of them wrestled eachother, trying to get the upper hand on every single opportunity that came up, they both rolled down a hill into a small shallow pond. ''ENOUGH!'' Wicker yelled, as branches from the trees grabbed Mack and holstered him. ''What the...How was I able to do that? Now, tell me EVERYTHING.''

Mack exploded the branch off of his arm by morphing the shadow into a giant hard block. He then reformed it back into his arm and tore off the other branches using his good arm and kicked Wicker against the muddy wall of the pond. Of course, Wicker unluckily landed on his head and blacked out instantly. Mack was a bit concerned. Yet decided to carry his limp body to Titania's house back with the others. His face was covered in dirt and a small bit of blood was leaking from his nose. Not only that, but his black transparent arm was more easier to see through than usual. He said nothing as he laid Wicker next to some rocks outside of the house. He wanted to clean himself before coming back, he wanted everybody to avoid questioning what he was up to. Never again will somebody be concerned over him. He snuck past the group and headed into what looked like a room he could clean himself up in.

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Juju lifted his head when he heard the front door open and saw it was Mack. He stood up and watched where Mack was headed and peeked around the corner to make sure he wasn’t going too far. He watched a mysterious man grab Mack with branches and barked loudly to get the group’s attention. But, the attack was over as soon as it happened. The man’s scent was covered with blood, but he also had a hint of Mack’s scent.

Momotaro watched as Mack left the house to see what was going on and then heard Juju barking. ”What the?” Momotaro said, swinging open the front door to see a man unconscious on the ground. ”Juju, where’s Mack?” Momotaro asked, staring down at the man. His clothes looked familiar, where had she seen them before? It then suddenly hit her. He was on the Cultists. ”Juju! Snack!” She shouted, to which Juju quickly grabbed the man by his arm and tossed him in the air and caught him in his mouth, but didn’t bite down.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 am