Blight Of Glass

P4perClips

Blight Of Glass

Post by P4perClips » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:48 am

[Make your first posts here. The beginning setting is that everyone is sitting around a large dining table, waiting for the king. Don't forget to subscribe.]

The room was dark, aside from the light of a few flickering candles. A large dining table sat in the middle of the room, adorned with delicacies from every region in Drelia; Although delicious, all of it was untouched. Out of the twenty or so golden chairs, only eight were occupied, with the single throne at the head of the table empty. The eight people were arranged so they were close enough to the throne to hear the king talk, but not close enough to see the details in his time-worn face and robes. Guards stood at each window and door, in pairs, immobile as they watched the outsiders converge on the table. The silence was heavy; Nobody dared to make a sound, for they didn't want to make themselves seem rude in the presence of royalty. All except for one person. In the farthest chair, a small voice spoke up. "So, um.. I suppose you guys aren't here just to feast..huh?" A young woman, a Witching, asked, her voice wavering. All these people seemed so serious compared to her, of course she couldn't judge just by looks but it was almost as if she was a child sitting at the grown up's table.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

GUVII

Re: Blight Of Glass

Post by GUVII » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:03 am

Tess turned her eyes towards the general area of where the voice originated from, she then looked at the food, then back. "Given that the aroma of the food is nice, and took time and effort to prepare by servants of the King, and the kingdom... However I was summoned here for a reason which is beyond my grasp of comprehension, or lack of information at the task ahead. Given that the servants, and guards are present... this matter seems to be beyond the King, and his people..." She paused for a second, and continues "as for the feast, it maybe our last meal, if you know what I mean..."

The tips of her cables arc's with electricity, making a familiar ticking sound. "Name is Tess by the way, pardon my appearance, but didn't I have time to dress up for the occasion." She lightly laughed, and smiled.

Mama Gay
Silver

Post by Mama Gay » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 am

Momotaro was beginning to feel her joints ache from sitting in the golden chair. It was so small, yet she dind’t want to stand and seem intimidating. Though, this was just outright embarrassing, having an Orc all scrunched up in a human sized seat. Hopefully this didn’t last long, she was beginning to feel uncomfortable around these people. She hadn’t really stepped foot outside Jiril Forest in ages, so her speaking skills weren’t that great. She sighed and tilted her head a it before hearing a small voice, similar to a mouse squeaking, speak. Breaking the silence in the room. Turning her large head to look at her, the Orc nodded her head. ”Nope. Wouldn’t really be a point in coming as Jiril Forest has beasts that could feed you for days.” Momotaro shrugged, her shoulders fell as if they had weights on them. The Orc glanced towards the others, they were all different, much different than her. It eased her a bit as they all varied in size, shape and color. Yet, it also made her nervous as she couldn’t identify what race they were, which also made her nervous as she began to think of what they may be thinking of her, as she was an off-colored Orc and all.

She looked at the futuristic woman who spoke next. She was so odd, yet fascinating! Momotaro hoped to know her more as they would be starting their journey later. ”Oh, right, introductions. I suppose I’ll go next,” Momotaro cleared her throat, bringing her fist up to her mouth. Her bottom fangs weren’t as prominent as she was still growing, but they were making their way up her face, only a quarter-size bit of her bottom fangs were showing. I am Momotaro Wirther, an Orc if you were confused about my appearance. It’ll be interestin...” Momotaro didn’t like her choice of words and quickly changed it. ”Fun to work with you all.” She ended it with large toothy smile.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27 pm
Thot Who Insulted My Wife

someguywithakeyboard

Post by someguywithakeyboard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:53 am

James glanced around the table, clearly somewhat offput by his surroundings and the people around him, as if this wasn't a situation he was used to. He drummed his fingers on the table impatiently, waiting for things to just go on already. He sighed, so long as they were doing introductions, he might as well let them know his name.

"James," He said in a voice that was quiet but still easy to hear, "My name's James, and that's all you need to know about me."

MC_Middy
Bronze
Location: Backseat of your truck with duct tape stretched out.

Post by MC_Middy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:06 pm

This entire thing was a waste of time, all of it. Being called here for a pointless feast when the forest provided well-nourished beasts to feed on, and now that they were here the King wasn’t even speaking, just sitting there with his withered body and his watchful bodyguards. At least they were doing their job right. Emil hadn't touched his food since he had taken a seat at the table, he ate before he arrived. The amethyst haired man had no problem showing the irritation on his face, slouched back in his chair, his arms crossed as he impatiently waited for the King to begin explaining their commission. A large leather bag filled with assorted metals he had found on his way to the banquet sat in between his legs, and his mouth was hidden by the tattered, pale cloak he wore above his navy blue skin-tight bodysuit. His wrists, elbows, knees, feet, and throat were protected by greenish armor, that was all he needed.
Emil was about ready to lose it in that room. Any longer and he’d leave the room and go back to his Witching killing caretakers just to get a decent job.
And then...
They started...
Talking.
Emil’s sharp, eagle-like eyes, darted to the small girl in the back, then to a weird… thing with cables jutting out of her head, a jolly red orc, and some morose cowboy. As if their presence alone didn't irk his soul, their goofy introductions displeased the hell out of him. Emil let out a loud, attention-catching sigh before introducing himself. ”Emil Griffith.” He started, not even bothering to look up at the people he was introducing himself to, and by his tone, it was glaringly obvious that he didn't want to conversate with these people whatsoever. ”Human, specializing in both Storm and Metal magic. I haven't come to make friends or have fun so don't expect the slightest bit of amiability from me. I came to get the job done, and that's it.”
:^]

Souldragon78

Post by Souldragon78 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Axel just waited in his seat. The food in front of him was tempting. The aroma was getting to his head, it was all so delicious. Just in front of him. Just in-No. stay focused he thought. Everybody was already starting to introduce themselves up he couldn’t take his eyes off of the food. Nobody was eating yet and he didn’t want to start. Everybody looked so different from each other. Axel didn’t want to be idle in his chair. It didn’t help that there was an open current of electricity only a few seats away. He tried to sit by nobody else but he was pretty sure everybody saw him eyeing either Tess’s...Hair? Or the food. he tried to keep his focus. He guessed that he should introduce himself during this period of rest. “ Well, hello everyone my names Axel, but not much else you need to know...” He didn’t realize it but he was shaking slightly. His armor quietly clanking a little too. He just wished he chose his seat more carefully.. “ I’m just your standard wanderer with a sword”... wait. What if they think I’m just here for money. Axel’s shaking just seems to get a bit faster almost to the point where it can be seen by everyone. He knew he wasn’t supposed to be here. All he ever did was help defend people during the night. Everyone else here probably had more skill than him.well everyone has their strengths. At least if it came to it he could provide defense and allow his new...Allies to escape.This was something he thought. Axel stays quiet, Calms down a bit, and stops shaking. Just make sure they don’t die.
Idk what I do

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Tess lightly giggled at the different responses, she glanced at Emil with her glowing red eyes "Friends or not, I like to know whom I'm working with Mr. Griffith. Besides... A job professionally requires a strict background check, I would pry, but some here have some things that would rather be buried in the past..." She said quietly, as she rest her hands on the table, then brings one of her cables in-front of her, making a few adjustments to it.

It fires out a solid gold bar, and she blinks as she looks at it slide across the table towards James "Uh.. well... hmm... That isn't suppose to happen..." She looked a little worried as she pulls out a repair kit, and starts taking the cable apart, as it is a complicated piece of equipment. "6th time this week already, and this thing is already jammed up with carbon particles... I need new parts..."

RedRae

Post by RedRae » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Theo had been sitting quietly in his chair, sneaking glances at the others seated around the table. The silence was almost suffocating, but he was reluctant to be one to break it. He was relieved when someone spoke up, and the introductions began. He laughed a little at Tess' antics and began with a smile:

"My name is Theo. I'm a human archer from Jiril Forest. I can do some wood magic. It's nice to meet you all!

someguywithakeyboard

Post by someguywithakeyboard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:32 pm

James smirked at Emil's remark, 'This kid's got a good head on his shoulders,' he thought to himself. He then turned and noticed the gold bar sliding towards him and reached out to grab it. He turned and looked at Tess, an eyebrow raised. "That happen often?" He asked, examining the gold bar.
Last edited by someguywithakeyboard on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Souldragon78

Post by Souldragon78 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:39 pm

Axel watched the entire thing happen...Thinking to himself on how that could possibly work. “ Does your hair create different elements from the matter around it. Almost like an equivalent extange of energy?” He asks Tess. Then quickly regrets saying it as he prefers to not be noticed. Axel then starts shaking again. The nearly audiable noise of his armor clanking is once again back. “ So umm... When is it time for us to eat?”...He really needs some food to take his mind off of this.
Idk what I do