[Reznik] My Marine

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Wanderlusst

Re: [Reznik] My Marine

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Darcy found her way into the cafeteria. She bought herself and sat down, but Darcy spent most of her lunch thinking about James. She couldn't break her thought train from him no matter how hard she tried, setting down her fork she groaned and placed her head in her hands,"I need a drink,"she mumbled to herself

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:52 pm

James ate in silence, then sat back when he was finished. He sighed a bit, rubbing his face with his hands. That's when he saw her crossing the cafeteria, and he just watxhed in silence from the back corner.

Wanderlusst

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Darcy looked up after a moment and that's when her eyes caught his from across the cafeteria. Darcy felt her cheeks heat up as she quickly looked away, she bit her lower lip as she tried to find somewhere else to lay her eyes but somehow they found their way back in his direction. Oh screw this, she thought as she grabbed her tray and marched towards his table, sitting down across from him she smiled,"Hi."

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:07 pm

He watched her and he could see her turn red all the way from where he was sitting. He didn't avert his eyes either the whole time and watched her cross over to him. When she finally spoke up he closed his eyes.

"Hey..."He then grabbed his water and took a quick drink of it and looked at her again, as if reading her mind. "No the seats are open.."

Wanderlusst

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:53 am

Darcy nodded her head as she sat down. She took a bite of her salad as she watched him, she chewed her food before she asked,"You usually eat alone?"

She looked around at the busy cafe before she looked back at him and frowned slightly,"how are you supposed to make friends that way?"

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:04 am

He closed his eyes and leaned back. He hadnt had a true friend since the IED took Matt's life. Shaling his head a bit he finally looked back over at her.

"When your own negligence ends up taking the life of your best friend, you tend to steer clear of people. Besides, most people don't stick around a washed up marine who got his buddy killed."

Wanderlusst

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:59 am

Darcy tilted her head as she frowned deeper,"You truly believe that about yourself? Because across from me I see a man who was brave enough to make sacrifices, knowing he might have to pay the price one day."

Darcy shrugged her shoulders,"I don't know to me that seems pretty... impressive."

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:24 am

He tried to suppress a small smirk but failed. When he heard all she said he shook his head. "I was a recon scout, my buddy Matt was a sniper. We were walking the main road ahead of a convoy to check for bombs. Well I missed one and Matt stepped on it. I was twenty feet away when it went off..."

Wanderlusst

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Darcy looked at him,"Before I decided this would be my field I was a surgeon in training. Two months into it I get assigned a big operation, not even 20 minutes in I screw up and we lose the patient. We are human, we all make mistakes. We learn and we live,"she gave him a soft smile.

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:12 pm

He sighed in resignation before finally just giving her a level stare. Thus far he has lost every argument to her in regards to everything thus far. It irritated him, yet at the same time was slowly learning to enjoy her being around.

"Well, you may be a royal pain in my ass right now, but at least your cute, so I guess that makes up for it."