Aftermath

Wannderlust
Silver

Re: Aftermath

Post by Wannderlust » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Avalon nodded,"So be it, a sleep over it is,"she smirked, she noticed Riley's excitement and felt happy for her, she knew she was always alone in that big house. As she looked at the two men, she noticed the exchange of looks that Riley and the younger boy did. She turned and shook her head slightly, Ava wished she could think that like. Like a normal teenage girl who would check every guy over, but lately it seemed Avalon looked at people more like someone she could defend the world with or an enemy. But she knew the price you paid when you let emotions get in the way, your judgement becomes clouded,or worse, you watch your loved one become Zombie dinner.

As Avalon walked, she made sure to stay behind the group. Just in case one of them did try something, at least she would have a view from the back. The whole time they walked to Riley's Ava stayed quiet, she wasn't much of a talker now a days either. There wasn't much to talk about.

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:25 pm

ace grunted at everything going on his sword and shield in hand he piped up from behind them "if you want i can stay with ya to keep an eye on them" he said twirling his sword in his hand. he didn't really like the idea of having Riley alone with two strangers with no backup. walking behind them. he looked the two people up and down with cold untrusting eyes. to most people he would seem pretty intimidating like this while he has a sword in one hand and a big shield in the other. as he followed them the two people who were supposed to be guarding the gate saw ace and hurried back to the gate knowing if they didn't they would get a scolding of their life.
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Jay raised his brow when the redhead offered for them to stay with her. He glanced at his father for a moment who returned with a stern look. "Don't do anything stupid son." Marcus told him in a stern voice as he looked between the three of them. "Thank you for helping us. We will repay your gratitude." Marcus was a bit unnerved that they had to wait until morning to find Oliver, but they had no choice now.

Jay disregarded his father's words as he eyed the redhead again, before letting his eyes fall forward. He followed the one who was obviously in charge, as she showed them where to go. "Uhm..erm.. My name is James, by the way. You can call me Jay. And my pops, that's Marcus." He introduced them, motioning to his dad.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Riley hid a smile when Avalon agreed to letting them stay with her. She had a feeling her friend knew that'd she been rather lonely since everything happened. The girl was never adept at talking to people, getting a tad nervous which angered her. That led to not much involvement with the other kids that had been brought in at the time. Sure people came over to her home when she was younger to check in on her and make sure she was eating. Which for about the first year she wasn't because of grief.

Hearing the older man speak the redhead offered a nervous but friendly smile." Not all that many people left in this world really. Gotta do what you can to support each other if we're to survive." Riley said dismissing the fact they owned anyone anything for letting them in. Only thing they had to do was to do their part. When she was about to turn back around her eyes spotted the younger boy eyeing her up again. This time she couldn't really surpess the heat rising to her cheeks and his it by looking forward.

It didn't take long until the large house came into view and they were staring at the front door. Part of her always questioned why she had such a big house for one person. Especially when at the time she was just a kid." You probably heard my name being called already but I'm Riley. I hope you like it here, I try to keep the place looking nice, despite being the only one living here." Riley said brushing a bit of crimson hair from her eyes as she quickly opened the door after unlocking it. She led the others into the living room area pointing and pointed towards the stairs." There's four bedrooms upstairs. If all five of us are staying the night then someone might have to sleep on the couch." Riley stated as her gaze moved from the stairs, towards the five people and then the couch. It was a decent one, well taken care and one of the more comfortable ones compared most.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Wannderlust
Silver

Post by Wannderlust » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Ava stepped forward,"I'll stay on the couch.."She said before heading inside. She didn't leave much room for arguments, as she flopped onto the couch she leaned back, the feeling of being tired from earlier was long gone as she watched everyone. What if they turned on them in the night? Or what if there was more of them? She wondered. She didn't trust it, or them, but she seen the way Riley was looking at the other boy.

A small smile crept on her lips, maybe it would be good for Riley, she thought about how lonely the girl seemed. Ava still had her father, sort of. Despite him never being home or sleeping all the time when he was due to his depression, Ava still considered herself one of the lucky ones.

As she thought about it, she found herself torn between letting them stay forever or making them leave after tomorrow. She couldn't risk the community though, So she would talk to everyone when they got back tomorrow she decided as she made herself comfortable on the couch.

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:04 pm

ace veered off from the group and headed towards his small campsite near one of the far walls. reaching it he sat down and leaned against the cold metal of the wall. taking off his shield and putting down his sword. after a couple minutes he got up and started his fire to keep warm. after for doing this for so long it has turned into routine.
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:22 pm

"This place is huge.." Jay muttered as his eyes darted around the house. As they stepped inside, Jay was going to offer to take the couch, but their soft spoken leader beat him to it. "Riley huh?" Jay raised a brow, a smile appearing on his face as he turned away. "Fair warning, I'm not much of a sleeper, at least not these days. I'll get sit in one of those rooms if it makes you feel better though." He spoke with a shrug as a carefree attitude showed in his words.

"Might take me a minute to get up those stairs, but I'm taking my old ass to bed. It's been a while since I've had a mattress, and I'm gonna enjoy it." The elder man interjected before making his way to the stairs. "I hope to make it out at dawn." He added before stepping up the stairs.

Wannderlust
Silver

Post by Wannderlust » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Ava set her bow and arrows down beside the couch before pulling out her handgun, as she played down she kept it in her hand with a firm grip. One finger layer on the safety, just in case she needed to act fast, closing her eyes she stayed aware of the sounds around her, if anyone was to approach her she would hear them. As she layed there, she could hear the boy, Jay and Riley talking, she would have to talk to Riley later about letting her guard down so easily .

Maybe it was just Ava, but she had seen a few pretty boys pass into those gates for the night and it was always the same. They were all the same. Especially now. When they go weeks or months without seeing a girl, all they wanted was some flesh on flesh contact. As she shifted on the couch she tried to not ease drop though, whatever they were talking about was their business.

~Time Skip~

Avalon rolled over. Hearing a thud she bolted awake to see her gun had dropped, sighing she threw her legs over the edge before picking up the gun. As she stood up she looked around before she decided to head home quickly to grab somethings before they headed out. As she grabbed her bow and arrows she headed, once she arrived home she changed into some jeans and her shirt before slipping on her favourite leather jacket. Doing her hair up she slipped on a baseball cap before kissing her Father goodbye. Running out and to the gate she looked around before noticing everyone else was still asleep or getting ready, she looked up at the sun, a few more hours I'll give them, she decided before she climbed up to the watch tower.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Riley let out a small chuckle as she heard Jay state he wasn't much of a sleeper these days. She wasn't much of one either, but there reasons were likely different." It's alright, just make yourselves at home." The redhead said as she stretched out her limbs and yawning a little bit. A wave of tiredness washed over her all of a sudden. She felt a bit more at ease now that she wasn't the only one on her house. Her gaze moved towards Marcus as he went up the stairs, smiling that someone would be able to enjoy sleeping on a mattress." I guess Ace isn't joining us so you're free to take one of the rooms Ava." Riley stated as she closed her door after trying to find Ace. He must've gone on patrol again or something, or tried to find those supposed to be guarding the gates.

~Time Skip~

Riley had spent a good deal of time talking to Jay before heading up to her room for the night. She enjoyed having them there and hoped that they'd be allowed to stay after they found Jay's brother. Just like clockwork though the redhead was up at the crack of dawn. After changing into some more comfortable and practical clothing for the day she walked out of her room. Riley had a dark blue tank top on with a light jacket over it, a nice loose pair of pants that would allow her free movement.

A small smirk came to the redhead's mind as she thought about treating the boy's upstairs and her friend. Once she reached the living room though it seemed that Ava had already left and would miss out on breakfast. With the day beginning a little bit of power was pulled her way to try to make pancakes. She was sure the two men would enjoy having a hot meal like that first thing in the morning. They turned out a little burnt since she hadn't ever made anything like this before but she hoped Marcus and Jay wouldn't mind.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Ace awoke against the outer wall. he must have dozed off. cracking his back he got to his feet before grabbing his sword and shield. walking over to the gate to make sure the day shift was there. thankfully they were so they didn't get a beating. walking for a bit he headed for Riley's house and opened the door to make sure everyone was ok. his gut didn't feel easy bout these new comers. and he wanted to make sure everything was ok.