Aftermath

Veilstar
Gold

Re: Aftermath

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:39 pm

At firsr Riley was a bit startled to hear a voice coming from the other side of the gate. Her first thought was aimed towards the wish she had just made about finding new people. What do you know, new people are just on the other side of the gate she was leaning on. The sound of Ava's voice startled her a bit to." Found the gate unguarded and Ace was outside on patrol trying to get. There's someone out there though so could you two watch my back?" Riley whispered as she carefully climbed the steps to the gate to see over it.

It seemed to be a lone man standing all by himself, which seemed a bit odd." Who are you? What kind of help do you need?" Riley asked trying to sound stern and confident when in truth she had no idea what to do. She knew nothing about first contact protocols, they normally just let in whoever showed up didn't they? The redhead made note to give those on duty hell for abandoning their post and leaving this to her.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:57 pm

More voices came from inside the wall, meaning there were numbers. Obviously to have a gated community such as this, there must be numbers. "My father and I" Jay started as he motioned to Marcus in the dark. "We were seperated from my brother by a horde of the rotters about an hour ago. We heard about this place, and traveled all this way to find this haven. And now we've come to.. join your community?" Jay paused for a moment and looked at Marcus, who then stepped next to his son.

"We just need a place to stay.. for the night. so we can go find my other son in the morning. We don't need much, just walls to keep the rotters off." Marcus spoke up as hianeyes counted three figures behind the gate, waiting to see if things needed to get ugly.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:20 pm

Riley bit her lower lip rather roughly as she listened to the two men on the other side of the gate. It was dark but they didn't seem all that dangerous. Plus a place like this could always use more people right? That's how they were going to beat this thing, by banding together and surviving." Give me a second, I'll open the gate." Riley finally said after what felt like an eternity. She slowly climbed back down from the watch post and looked to others. Of course she was going to ask them what they thought first, but she had to get down before she could speak yo them privately.

" What do you guys say, should we let them in? They could join us tomorrow for our supply run and we could help them find their family member?" Riley whispered quietly so the men on the other side couldn't hear them. She hoped letting them in would be the right call and had been waiting for this for awhile. It just wasn't really her place to make the call since they weren't the ones on duty. Hopefully the others would back her up on this, the redhead didn't know if she could send people away who needed their help.

Wannderlust
Silver

Post by Wannderlust » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Ava loaded up her bow with an arrow as Riley went to talk to the stranger. Listening carefully she glanced at the two of them before whispering,"Open the gate but don't let them get pass us with any weapons,"she knew the protocol, she had went through it the first time too,"check them for bites or scratches then we will see where they can sleep." Ava kept her eyes and aim on the gate, waiting for one of the two to open it.

She wasn't going to let her guard down until she knew they weren't a threat towards anyone here. She would hate for anyone to get hurt, especially before the big run tomorrow.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Riley gave a silent nod towards Ava as she felt a bit relieved that someone knew the procedure. Slowly and with a few grunts of effort she got the gate opened just enough so that they could pass through. The redhead poked her head out for a moment to wave the two men in. It also gave her a chance to look them both over in a better light. Both were rather tall, you could see some resemblance between them backing up the whole father and son thing. The son looked rather handsome and maybe close to her ages, a good couple years older.

" Once you're through the gates slowly put your weapons on the ground okay?" Riley stated slowly as she moved out of the wave so that they could enter. Neither seemed like they were all that dangerous, they seemed worried, likely about their family that had gone missing. Hopefully they wouldn't try anything and she could convince Ava to let them stay with her. It'd be nice not to be in that damned house all alone. The redheas felt a bit...outgunned seeing as she only had a baseball bat and was the only one outside with these men now. Just showed that she was showing them a bit of trust not to kill her or anything.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Jay smiled as the gate creaked open, a sigh of relief escaping his mouth. Marcus patted his son on the arm as he stepped passed the young man, stepping towards the redhead. Both of his weapons were in his hands as he approached, slowly setting them on the ground. They were almost in, but they still weren't sure if these people would harm them or not. An acceptable risk to take.
Jay also set his weapons down as he got a glimpse of the redhead. His eyes darted over her features as the moonlight brightened the shadows around her. "Thank you.." Marcus spoke up as they both approached the gate cautiously.

Wannderlust
Silver

Post by Wannderlust » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:57 pm

Ava's grip tightened on her bow as the two walked through the gate. Once their weapons were set on the ground, Ava moved towards them and kicked them out of reach. As soon as they were out of reach she let up on her own weapon before asking,"Anyone been bitten or scratched?"she asked as she looked the two over. She shifted slightly, noticing they were built and taller than her, if they really wanted they could have over powered her. But Avalon wasn't the type to show fear,or to back down easily, if she had learnt anything from her mother being a cop was that fear, is was drives you but it also can be your worse enemy.

As she looked them over she couldn't tell for herself it there was any markings on them. So she waited for their answer,"And is it just you two? We don't want any troubles,"she added.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:04 pm

"No bites or scratches." Marcus responded as he looked at the two young women. The both of them were barely old enough o remember life before all of this. But it seemed they had a pretty good setup here. "As of now it's just the two of us. My other son, Oliver, is out there somewhere." Marcus responded with a hint of worry in his voice.

"No bites." Jay replied as he turned his arms to show the lack of blemishes. He looked at the second girl who questioned them now, she was almost as pretty as the first, but Jay couldn't get a proper look at her. It had been six months since they'd seen a female, or better yet a small child. It often appeared that most women didn't make it outside of confined walls. Which wouldn't be good odds if they decided to leave at some point.

Wannderlust
Silver

Post by Wannderlust » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:10 pm

Avalon took their word for it. She looked at Riley and Ace before she looked at the older man,"You and your son can occupy a house for the night, me and Riley can show you the way,"she then looked back at the gate,"your other son will have to take his chances for tonight.. if he makes it in the morning we can scout for him when we make our run,"she said softly before she turned and looked at Riley,"they can stay in the house beside yours or with you as you do have room, but I don't trust that really, So if that happens I'm staying. If anything happened to one of you guys, because of my call ... I wouldn't be able to live with it."

The community was all Avalon really knew. They were her family. And she swore to always protect those she loved, after her mother passed away. Plus Ava couldn't trust anyone that came from the outside, it wasn't the first time they had outsiders but it never got easy for Ava to let someone in.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Riley nodded her head slightly when the older of the two men thanked them for letting them in. When the younger one stepped forward to enter she was able to get a better look at him. Small light from inside the gate and the moonlight improved her view. It also allowed her to take notice he was doing the same thing to her, which she pretended not to see. Once the two were inside and disarmed Riley closed the gate behind them and held her bat at the ready. This part was all up to Ava as she knew what to say and do next, the redhead didn't have a clue how to fully check for bites or for hidden weapons.

" I'm fine with them staying at my place. It'll be nice to have someone else in that damned house for once." Riley stated as she moved out from behind them and joined her friend. It seemed they were passing the tests or procedures pretty well, which ment they'd be allowed to stay. The redhead actually felt a bit of excitement in people staying with her. Her house had always been empty since she moved in when everything went to hell. No one else ever moved in, they normally just gave them their own home.