Aftermath

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Wanderlusst

Re: Aftermath

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Avalon gave a sharp nod to Ryder as he spoke in her ear. When Livvy spoke up she looked at the woman, her heart giving a painful squeeze when the no came from her lips. She nodded once again before she raised her bow, where could Cole be? She wondered then noticed Livvy wasn't alone John and that man, Oliver was it? They had entered with her, but where was the other man, he had decided to leave with them she remembered that.

As she followed she shot some walkers down and collected the arrows as much as she could. She was careful though to not let her hood slip from her head, she knew if they ran into anyone that she would be seen as weak in the moment.

-----

Noah's cheeks with red as Jay glared down at her. Her head dropped as she started to walk back the way she had came. She felt stupid, she hadn't been ready and instead of impressing the others she almost got herself killed. When Riley spoke up she bit her lip before she looked up at her,"I just wanted to prove I could be like everyone else..."she trailed off as her eyes dropped once again.

When they were back at the gates Noah handed Riley her weapon before she entered. She still couldn't get over the imagine of the bitter out of her head.

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 am

Ryder and Mason trailed behind the group. Ryser had noticed Luna over at the door and smiled at her, "I'm sorry Luna, we have to make one more stop before heading home ok? The path home is kind of blocked right now anyway..." He nodded his head in the direction that the maasive horde was still at. Then in a hushed tone he spoke to her, "Keep with Ava please....."

Ryder trailed a little farther back from the group. He was still unsure about Mason. The man had been completely silent, and he knew Mason had a major temper problem. But something felt off to him as they walked. At the same time Ryder kept himself aware of their surroundings, making sure to keep track of everyone's position and any possible threats.

Faelight

Post by Faelight » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 am

Riley couldn't help herself but offer a sympathetic smile to Noah as she saw the look on her face and heard the words she spoke. Of course Noah was trying to impress them, she was a child in an adult world. She wanted to prove she was capable of what they were and then some. Red pulled the girl into a tight and comforting hug after they reached the gate. Gently kissing her head to let her know it would be alright." We're a lot alike you and I Noah. I was showing off as well when I was the youngest in the community. I ran as a distraction in order to save Jay's brother and got a whole horde after me. Nearly got me killed." Riley said as she kept her arm around Noah and walked inside. Pointing the men to close the gate behind them.

They had a few things they need to get done before they could sit down and rest though. The list chores for elderly was still to do and what not. Maybe that would give Noah time to think and let her grow with the things that happened. Everyone made mistakes, that's what made them human, you learn and grow with each mistake you make. Maybe Red would try that line out on her later and see what the result is?
PRAISE THE GOD DAMN GAY OWL SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoJoTheClown

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Placing his middle finger and his thumb on opposite sides of his head, Jay massaged his temples as Riley took Noah back. He wanted to protest, mainly because he didn't want Red to go back herself, but decided not to. His eyes scanned over the small group that followed them out of the walls. They look scared, all of them. None of them were ready. They all turned to stone at the sight of the first walker.. maybe this was pointless, trying to help these people. Jay shook his head and looked at the small group again with a sigh "Let's go back. We'll try again tomorrow." He spoke with a stern tone as he stepped towards the community, following Reds path.

-

The entrance to the Inn, (the Inntrance?) sat at the bottom of the six story apartment building. Although the front entrance was blocked with chains, the side gate was light enough to be pushed open. Once everyone was on the other side Charlie led them to stairs, glancing over his shoulder periodically as he walked. He stopped climbing on the fourth floor, stepping out into the enclosed hallway "These people.. they're scared, they're hungry.. They have no guidance. We have no real structure here at the Inn." He spoke as they passed a few members lying on the ground in the halls. "This floor is the medical floor. Our doctor lives on this floor. Sadly we don't have enough medicine to treat everyone..occasionally dead break out up here.. you can see why." The young Brit spoke softly, turning the corner and stopping at room 412. "Your friend from before.. Marcus son..." Charlie spoke with a guilty tone, his eyes turning to the floor. "He's in there.. I should go tell him what happened... it... it was my fault.." he directed towards Olivia, knowing Oliver would be furious.
Last edited by JoJoTheClown on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Ryder followed them up the stairs. His weapons, aside from his katana were stashed in his back pack and out of sight. Looking around some he waited down the hall from Charlie and Olivia, knowing what they were doing was on a personal level. He looked over at Ava, speaking in a quiet tone.

"There are hundreds of places like this all over the country....The few who were unlucky to not get into a community before everyone shut their gates...Places like this are continually harassed by bandits and slavers..." He sighed a bit, having noticed Mason disappeared shortly before they arrived. He shook his head, removing the thought from his mind. His focus returning to keeping Avalon and Luna close to him.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:20 pm

"No Charlie." Olivia said as she shook her head. "It wasn't your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. I'm going to tell him... and just... please don't argue." Livy stated, before turning towards the door and taking a deep breath. Then she froze with her hand on the doorknob as a memory of Kenneth flashed in her head.

Olivia stood outside of the door and wiped her eyes. She hadn't been around much death, and the fact that it was the death of his mom, someone she was close to and saw as a mother of her own, made this more painful. She knocked softly before open the door. There he sat on the bed with his head in his hand. She slowly approached before sitting on the bed next to the man.

"Ken..." Livy spoke very softly as she wrapped an arm around him and rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry..." she sniffled as she wiped away a few tears. "I can't imagine..." she said before sighing. She had trouble finding the words. What did you say to someone after their mom dies?

After she spoke, Kenneth turned to her and looked at Olivia for a moment, before pulling her close and burying his face into her neck. He then just let everything lose and cried. He cried for so long, and she remembered staying in that room with him for so many hours, laying on the bed and holding him close.

Soon after the death of his mother is when Kenneth turned into something else. He developed more of a temper and began shouting a lot more, he had also become more controlling. But she knew that this wasn't his fault and his doing.

After a moment, she was pulled out of this memory and plopped back into reality. She slightly shook her head and wiped her eyes which had a little bit of water gathering in them, and then she pushed the door open. "Oliver?" She then said as she stepped inside and closed the door behind herself.

Faelight

Post by Faelight » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Silently Luna followed the others toward this Inn place that she's only heard about before. Of course being in the city and traveling through it she heard of other places. This Inn being one of them, having heard of it from scavengers from a far. It didn't sit right with the young girl to be walking in a strange place likely filled with people who'd kill for what they had. As much as she wanted to stay behind or hide her stuff Ryder and Ava advised her to just keep it. If anything happened to her weapons or her personal items she wasn't going to be happy with those two. Carefully Luna made sure to stay close to Ava, almost brushing up against the woman every so often. Like a child staying near her mother at house she'd never been to.

After walking inside the young ashen haired girl seemed to be growing rather tired. The bags she was carrying were getting quite heavy and her breathing became a bit unstable. Luna wasn't going to let anyone else touch her belongings though, they were hers and no one else's. Still...seeing the way Ryder was acting protective of her the girl was beginning to have a little trust in him. Maybe he would keep his promises...maybe she could trust him to carry the weapon bag for awhile to give her a little break. So every so often Luna looked over at Ryder trying to figure out how to ask if he would hold them for a little bit.
PRAISE THE GOD DAMN GAY OWL SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argonaut24

Post by Argonaut24 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 pm

John didn't really know where to go once they made it to the Inn so he stood outside of the door Olivia went into. He had his pistol and knife in the respectful holsters and his rifle was slung onto his back. He didn't try to stand to intimidatingly trying to heed the boy's warning about their presence and the way the people that lived here had been treated. He watched people walk back and he took in all the sounds. People coughing, painful screaming, nurses and doctors rushing to that person. It seemed like a normal hospital just with a few extra bonuses of dirt and grime and that it was called an Inn. John thought back to his days in the service and an old past time he used to do at base. And he smiled at the thought and wondered if he could aquire the one thing he needed.

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Ryder had been watching everyone constantly like his head was on a swivel. He eventually stopped when he kept feeling Luna look his direction and he looked back at her. Between the look in her eyes and the look on her face, she didn't even have to ask him.

He stepped closer to her, and much like a father would for their child, he took the bag handles and hoisted it over his shoulder. Like before, he noted how it felt like his old sea bag so it was pretty much nothing to handle for him. Again that same care free smile appeared as he looked at her, "When ever you want it back just let me know Luna. For now just rest a bit..."

His eyes turned hard as he moved and stepped between one of the residents and Ava and Luna. The man obviously got the hint to leave the women alone and walked away. Ryder knew that his military type clothing gave him a bit of an intimidating look, and he'd use that as much as possible, especially with so many unknowns around him.

JoJoTheClown

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:23 pm

The sound of sliding metal filled the corridor as the cell door slid open, Ray standing on the outside. "It's time, boy." His deep voixe echoed through the empty cell block. The large bearded man tossed the dark skinned prisoner some new clothes and an apple. "I hope you're still up for our agreement." His voice boomed as he backed away from the cell door. "Cole, was it?" He questioned as he raised a brow. "It seems we had another attempt at thievery to one of our other locations in the city. The poor bastards probably got ripped apart. I hope they enjoyed my little message." His lips parted into a smile, showing his discolored teeth. "Unfortunately for them... its time to send a bigger message. And you're gonna help me. Let's go." He concluded before turning from the cell, quickly pacing down the corridor.