The Watch: Raising Steam

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Eragon
Member
Posts: 1685
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Bed

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Eragon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:52 am

Eragon returned to the train, somewhat relaxed. Still a bit tense and paranoid about the place but more relaxed than before.

He stepped on the train glad the smells and blood had be cleaned up. He walked to his room, hitting his head on the way. Once he had carefully sat down because of his wings and he is still a bit drunk he pocketed the rock and started humming his favourite tune. A song about a great warrior.
With great power comes great electricity bills.

User avatar
Archer_Algren
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 am

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Archer_Algren » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:11 am

As the group continued to clean the cart, Char explained he got his throat stepped on but he’ll be fine aside from the raspy voice.
“Nothing a little medicine can’t fix.”
He said, they continued to clean the cart until it was dusk.
“Alright, lets head to the drunken fat pony.”
Said Char.
They passed by a lot of establishments such as the prancing pony and the poo brain horse, the latter’s sign featured a disturbing looking horse. And then they found the drunken fat pony.
Char attempted to open the door but found it locked, a bar slid open and a voice whispered,
“Password?”
“We weren’t told there was gonna be a password.”
“Okay, you’re in.”
Upon getting inside, to Char’s suprise, there aside from the present watchmen, there were regular folk carrying pitchforks and torches.
“Sir? Is there a reason for this mob being here?”
“I can exthplain your worthip.”
Said a familiar voice, it was Eye-gor.
“When Vimeth athked for volunteerth, we dethided to help.”
He said.
“It will be a two pronged attack son, the locals will keep the guards of the castle at the gates while we sneak in through the back.”
Said Vimes.
“I already went ahead with Lady Margolotta about this and she said we can go ahead but to keep casualties to a minimum, thankfully werewolves are tough, so you can hurt them all you want without killing them outright.”
Said Carrot.
“It would take a major trauma to kill a werewolf, injuries like limb loss is nothing to them, I once regenerated from a mortal wound myself.”
Said Angua.
“And I made sure to coat all the crossbow bolts with sleeping potion.”
Said Nobby who looked like he was preparing for war.
“And I have something for you watchmen in order to deal with Serafine.”
Said Ridcully as he produced a scroll,
“Its a scroll of teleportation, which will send her far away if she attempts to be too much of a nuisance, you are forbidden from killing her so teleporting her off is the best way to deal with her.”
He added.
“All you have to say is Klaatu Barada nikto.”
Finshed Ridcully.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

User avatar
Rebellious_Soul
Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:52 am
Location: In Whiterun, drinking mead

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 am

Darryl listened carefully, nodding as he took in the information before pulling the quiver from his back. "Nobby, could you treat my arrows as well?" He asked. He then looked at Ridcully. "How far away will she be teleported?"
A heart breaking sounds like a guitar string snapping...

User avatar
Archer_Algren
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 am

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Archer_Algren » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:22 am

Nobby obliged daryll and took the quiver, despite Nobby’s hairy and unkempt looks, he is not a werewolf, although Nobby was a small, bandy-legged man, with a certain resemblance to a chimpanzee who never got invited to tea parties, he is in fact closer to humans than the Animal kingdom. The only reason you couldn’t say that Nobby was close to the animal kingdom was that the animal kingdom would get up and walk away.
“As for how far the spell will go, it shouldn’t be too far, maybe into borogravia or the nearby mountains so she could get back but by the time she arrives, the train will be long gone.”
Said Ridcully.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

User avatar
Trooper FN-86
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:32 pm
Location: The Star Destroyer Palpatine

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Vincent nodded and listened as the plan was explained. Injure, don't kill anyone, and use a teleport spell if Angua's mother gets to out of hand. It seemed so simple, but one wrong move and a werewolf would die and the watch would be labeled assassins. He would have to be careful where he stabbed.

"Me next nobby." Vincent said as he handed him his crossbow bolts. He probably wasn't going to use them, but it was better to have them and not need them then the other way around. "When do we go sir?" He then asked Vimes, ready to battle the werewolf army.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

User avatar
Rebellious_Soul
Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:52 am
Location: In Whiterun, drinking mead

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 pm

Darryl thanked Nobby and nodded in acknowledgment of Ridcully's words. He slung the quiver back over his shoulder and gripped the strap with his right hand. The poison smelled rancid in his nose, he hoped he didn't get hit by an AWOL arrow. As Vincent spoke, Darryl looked in his direction, and then back at Ridcully and Vimes for an answer to the question.
A heart breaking sounds like a guitar string snapping...

User avatar
Archer_Algren
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 am

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Archer_Algren » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:11 am

Nobby took the bolts and proceeded to lather them in sleeping potion, as for Vincent’s question,
“We’ll go once the mob moves out, got to let them get their bearings first.”
Said Vimes, Char on the other hand was rifling for supplies until he found a peculiar stick with a string coming out of it.
“What’s this thing sir?”
He asked.
“It’s a signal flare used by Clacks towers to send for help in case the clacks breaks down.”
Said Vimes.
Char just took it anyway just in case, he knew you pull the string to let out a flare, but it had other uses.
“So, anything we ought to know about your Family Angua?”
“My mother is the brains behind the whole thing but my brother is her chief enforcer and leader of the purebloods faction.”
“Any weaknesses we could exploit?”
“Well, my mother was never one for fighting so we should take her out first, without her, the purebloods wouldn’t coordinate properly.”
“And your brother?”
“Despite his claims of werewolf supremacy, he acts more like a common dog.”
Said Angua with a tone of sincerity and amusement in her voice.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

User avatar
Trooper FN-86
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:32 pm
Location: The Star Destroyer Palpatine

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:42 pm

"Thank you Nobby." Vincent said as he got his crossbow bolts back. As he listened to Angua he loaded one of these bolts into his crossbow, preparing for the upcoming battle. He considered asking Nobby to drench other weapons in the sleeping potion, but decided against it. A good slam into the face from his sheild should be more than enough to knock out a werewolf.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

User avatar
Rebellious_Soul
Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:52 am
Location: In Whiterun, drinking mead

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Darryl listened to Angua speak, adjusting the quiver's strap so it was diagonal across his chest. He then did the same thing with his bow, and once he was settled he rested his left hand on the wolf head at the end of his sword's handle. "I kind of feel bad because we're attacking your family, Angua." He said honestly.
A heart breaking sounds like a guitar string snapping...

User avatar
Archer_Algren
Member
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 am

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Archer_Algren » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:47 am

“Don’t be, my mother is a bitch and my brother is a son of a bitch.”
Said Angua with a hint of amusement in her voice.
“Are you all ready?”
Vimes asked the Mob.
“Ready thir.”
Said Eye-gor.
“Okay, Watchmen, with me, we’re taking the back entrance, Angua, you lead the way.”
Said Vimes, the Watchmen quietly slipped through the darkness of the night while the mob was setting themselves up outside.
“Alright people, jutht like we practithed, one, two, three...”
“DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING! SINGING A SONG OF ANGRY MEN....”
With that, they left singing their song.

Death and War were overlooking the whole town while War’s Children played in the back.
“Do you think this will be a war? I don’t really see it as such.”
MAYBE IT WILL BE A SMALL WAR.
“That would be a skirmish then, might as well stick around, how about you?”
I’LL STAY HERE FOR A WHILE.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests