The Watch: Raising Steam

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Rebellious_Soul

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Darryl chuckled a bit and shook his head. "At least they're scents are masked. We'll have to get a shovel when its time to clean." He said , leaning up against a wall.
A heart breaking sounds like a guitar string snapping...

Eragon

Post by Eragon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Eragon left the cart and practically everyone with it. Especially when they said make it smell like shit. The probably don’t understand the word clean. Except for Vincent of course. There’s someone who knows how to be clean.
Interesting enough a lot of beings think that drakes are dirty unclean beats. Quiet the opposite actually. In culture regular baths in clean water are in practice, at least once a day. On top of them grooming in the morning and night. Unlike werewolves or ant creature that has fur a matter of fact. Their fur catches all the mud and after two hours it stinks. Drakes don’t have hair. Not a strand of it anywhere. And to put more shame on mammals, they sweat. Drakes don’t interestingly enough.

Eragon walked down the rail, a nightly stroll is what he needed from all the recent nonsesense. Later he might have a small raid of the small cart just to see if there would be anything of value, asuming it hasn’t been looted already.

He took out the polished rock Solvex and started talking to it about the recent excitement. The burning cart, wolves, what he thinks of this dark place. Somewhere he wouldn’t want to live. It’s two moody and depressing. An ideal home would be in the mountain. A large cave with a giant hoard of gold. Of cause if he returned to Dralikan he would have a claim of that life after a few challanges but leadinga whole race isn’t an ideal lifestyle he would want. Let alone the stresses that come with. Maybe one day.
With great power comes great electricity bills.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:29 am

Vimes was finally in his room and his first instinct was to look for his son, Young sam, to his relief young sam was playing with his toys and in a seat was a woman with a stern expression, she wasn’t even looking at young sam, she just sat on the chair where Sybil and Young Sam usually sleep in.
“Samuel Vimes I presume?”
She asked in an impatient tone.
“That’s me, what can I do you for?”
Said Sam trying his best to sound polite.
“Nothing I suppose, a thief taker would be of no use here in Bonk, my son maintains order with his compatriots, tell me, is the Watch still desperate enough to recruit other species?”
She asked condescendingly, Sybil was shocked but Vimes wasn’t impressed.
“We recruit anybody regardless of race due to Ankh-Morpork being a melting pot of culture, it helps to have emissaries for the different species.”
Said Vimes.
“Would this be all the Sybil? I have more pressing matters to attend to.”
Snapped Serafine.
“Don’t let us keep you.”
Said Vimes, she huffed and left the room, she would have headed to the Junior Watchman’s cart until she sniffed the air and had a look of disgust on her face.
“You Morporkians can be so filthy at times.”
Said Serafine as she went the opposite direction and left.
“You were such a dear Vimes, I don’t know what has gotten into her, I even send her Hogswatch cards every year.”
Said Sybil.
“It’s alright, now, I have to go back to the Junior Watchmen’s cart.”
“Oh, could you also be a dear and tell them to clean up there? I can smell some sort of odor all the way here Sam.”
“Will do.”
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:41 am

Darryl looked through the glass on the door that separated the junior watchmen cart from the one in front, and caught a glimpse of Serafine huffing off the train. He felt his heart thump in a panicked beat briefly, before gathering himself. "Alright, looks like we're all clear. Let's start cleaning." He said looking around at the filthy cart. He looked out the window again, and saw her on the station pad and breathed a little easier. I hope we're clear. He thought doubtfully.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:41 am

Unbeknownst to the Watchmen, their prisoner got out and was heading to the back cart to get Angua.
Char was happly playing with a top in the back cart until Angua warned him.
“Char! Look out!”
Without warning, the werewolf punched Char, it wasn’t enough to knock him out, so the werewolf stepped on his neck.
“Let him go!”
“Fat chance! They made me stare at that turtle while they stank up the place! Now, here’s how its gonna work, you come back with me, and tell your mother and brother all about the defenses on this train.”
“He-elp.....”
Char struggled to breath, and Angua couldn’t bear to see him get hurt and nearly relented until she saw a familiar set of legs on a trunk.
“Okay, you win, lets go.”
“Angua... No....”
“Quiet you!”
With that as the werewolf was about to turn around, he came face to face with a luggage just left in the door, he then made the unwise decision to kick it aside.
The last thing he saw and heard were pearly white teeth and a growl.
He didn’t even had time to scream, the sickening crunch was heard all over the back cart, Char didn’t have to see it to know what was happening, Angua helped him up.
“You alright?”
“Yeah, although it would take a while for my voice to return to normal.”
“We have to tell Sam, we need to storm my family’s castle and take back the Scone of stone, my mother intends to plunge the dwarves into civil war and without the scone, there can be no true leader of the dwarves.”
Vimes then poked his head in.
“I’ve heard enough, we’ll do it, but first I need to get the supplies and weapons ready, I’ll grab carrot and some of the Seniors, we’re storming a castle.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:51 am

"Should we wait...how far can a you pick up a scent?"

Vincent asked as he looked at the stinking pile they created, not looking forward to cleaning it at all. He was certainly glad he was a skeleton right now. Had he been human his gag reflex would have kicked in by now. He was surprised Darryl and the prisoner could take such extreme smells.

As he thought that a terrible thought entered his mind. He hadn't heard from the prisoner in a while...and everyone left the room to stink up the car. He quickly peeked into the room to confirm his suspicions, then turned back to Darryl.

"Guys...who was watching the prisoner?"
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:36 am

Darryl looked around. "Some of us can pick up scents for miles, if the wind is blowing right. But there's enough stink here to mask anything for quite a while." He said, scrunching his nose at the scents around him. He started picking things up as Vincent stepped out of the room, but when he came back he stopped what he was doing. "We forgot to assign someone to watch him. Are you kidding me? He's gone?" He replied.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:12 am

“You can relax, he just got eaten by the Luggage, rather graphically at that.”
Said Char in a somewhat strained voice, almost as if he had the tonsil disease.
“Yeah, I heard it too, best not to think about it.”
Said Sam coming in.
“Angua has uncovered a conspiracy and we’re to put a stop to it, most of the Junior Watchmen and a few Seniors will stay here ro guard the Train, you lot will come with me.”
Said Sam as he brought out another cigar.
“When you’re ready and done cleaning up, come meet me at the inn of the drunken fat pony in town, I’ll be waiting there with Carrot and Angua.”
Said Vimes as he left.
“Lets clean this mess up first before we go so they can prepare.”
Said Char.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Darryl looked up as Char spoke, noticing that his face was read. As everyone started cleaning, Darryl looked at Char again. "Are you okay? You look like someone nearly vhoked you to death." He said, with an armfull of clothes.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:28 am

Vincent was glad to hear that the prisoner had been taken care of, though part of him was still annoyed that he escaped in the first place. He began the arduous task of cleaning the car while Darryl asked Char if he was alright. Vincent hadn't noticed before, but upon closer inspection Char did appear a little red. Did the prisoner do that to him? He hoped not, but had a sinking feeling he did.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.