The Watch: Raising Steam

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Archer_Algren

The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Archer_Algren » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:25 am

Outside the Patrician's Winter Palace stood the Ankh-Morpork City Watch, both old and new recruits stood at attention, today was the day that certain members of the Watch will be assigned to guard the Aurient Express, Discworld's very first train to the Aurient, a plump woman stood in front of the Watch right next to a flagpole, she then began to sing the Ankh-Morpork National Anthem, with the Watch following of course;

"When dragons belch and hippos flee

My thoughts, Ankh-Morpork, are of thee

Let others boast of martial dash

For we have boldly fought with cash

We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes

We own all your generals - touch us and you'll lose.

Morporkia! Morporkia!

Morporkia owns the day!

We can rule you wholesale

Touch us and you'll pay.
We bankrupt all invaders, we sell them souvenirs

We ner ner ner ner ner, hner ner hner by the ears

Er hner we ner ner ner ner ner

Ner ner her ner ner ner hner the ner

Er ner ner hner ner, nher hner ner ner (etc.)

Ner hner ner, your gleaming swords

We mortgaged to the hilt

Morporkia! Morporkia!

Hner ner ner ner ner ner

We can rule you wholesale

Credit where it's due."

With the National Anthem done, it was now up to Lord Havelock Vetinari to give a speech to the Watch, he gave one discussing how everybody are wheels within wheels and how their time to turn has come, starting with the safety of the Aurient Express,
Foreign dignitaries are among the passengers as well as the wealthy, but the Watch's primary function will be to ensure the safety of the passengers till they reach the Auriental city of Hunghung, capital of the Agatean Empire.

Char was just helping himself in the buffet of the celebrations, eating plenty of deep fried pig intestines while the upper class mingled, nobody batted an eye over a common Watchman helping himself to the food, but Char wasn't exactly common, he was educated in the Assassin's Guild and thus had a very high level of education.

It seemed like only yesterday....

The Watch uncovered a conspiracy behind the murder of a clown involving a stolen but terrifying weapon called a 'Gonne' which functioned like a firework but spat out balls made of lead, the conspiritors aimed to use the gonne to murder public figures and use the unrest to reestablish the monarchy back into the city, but it came at great cost in Char's mind, Cuddy the dwarf and Solvex was killed by the conspiritors, with Sergeant Cuddy gone, he got promoted on the grounds that he should be Angua's second in command, the other recruits were also promoted to Lance Constable for their bravery in the line of duty, desk Sergeant Aznavour had a nice ring to it, but that job just meant he did all the paperwork in the Watchhouse unfortunately.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Eragon

Re: [SIM] The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Eragon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:21 am

Eragon ate most of the red meat on a strand of tables. He mingled with a few others who had the balls to talk to him. In fact he manage to find another drake among the crown. A ice drake to be precise. A rare sight that was. They for most part talked to eachother. She told him her name, Icena and was on a mission to find a slippery skydrake. She asked him but Eragon could not confirm that one was around.
With great power comes great electricity bills.

Subject8005

Post by Subject8005 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:25 am

Sasha heard it all the speech the anthem all the blah that was with it....moments of her Exile flashed into her mind every few moments as she zoned out and soon enough it was all over.....food *I smell food* she thought to herself, she may have been new but she had proven more than capable in the field...silent, deadly, left, .....demony. Her most prominent quality would be the demony bit the horns she had glowed with a black fire endlessly coming out of her head and the tail....it was your standard devil style tail only pitch black with flecks of white like stars...the white came from her hair which was also pure white....she was funny to look at but had a strange attractiveness to her.

All in all....she was sneaking through the crowd in her dress with the skirt bottom floating spikes lined her shoulders....defense of sorts useful for moving people out of the way with a swift poke....her fingers also had blue with little spikes coming out for punching....they were cold as ice. They clicked as she slink up to the food buffet but stopped *The boy....Char.* she thought to herself and gave a shrug *ehh....atleast it isn't someone I hate.* she would think to herself as she slid up next to him and leaned on the table one of her ears flicking "Hello, friendo....big day am I right.....I came for the food honestly." She said even though it totally wasn't true
See the numbers, Taste the violence

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:35 pm

Unable to enjoy the buffet as much as a his fellow watchmen, Vincent Marrow watched the crowd from the corner. Occasionally someone would approach him and talk for a while, but most left him alone. He didn't mind being ignored, watchmen are only really noticed when they are needed anyway, but the delicious Aroma of the food was driving him crazy. As a skeleton he knew he wasn't hungry and couldn't taste, but he still remembered what food tsated like. He missed eating. Fortunately his blank skeletal face hid his struggle.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:43 am

Angua approached Eragon holding a plate full of meat slices, all raw, "Mind if I sit with you? The other women don't take too kindly to my eating habits." Said Angua, behind her was her boyfriend Carrot, "I'll join too, but I must say I'm dissapointed there's no dwarf bread here, a man could eat that and could gonon for days!"* He said, most people can tell Carrot is human, but he was raised by dwarves....

Char was a bit flustered talking to somebody of the opposite gender but he noticed something about her...
"Er, you aren't in Uniform Constable Grey." Was what he said, he recognized her from the recruitment campaign, a Diablon, a race of apparwnt demons, but this was Ankh-Morpork, there are worse things than Demons.

"Sausage-in-a-bun! get yer Sausage-in-a-bun!" said Ankh-Morpork's self-styled entrepreneur Cut-me-own-throat Dibbler as he somehow made it into the festivities with his cart full of Sausage-in-a-bun, a random passerby approached him, "Is this sausage made of real pig sir?" Asked the Passerby, "Of Course! Its made from a pig I can guarantee it! And I'm selling it all for the low price of $2.50! And that's cutting me own throat!" Said Dibbler, the passerby shrugged and bought on and ate it, it tasted alright, he then left, "Sausage-in-a-bun! Get yer Sausage-in-a-bun!" Cried out CMOT Dibbler as he went around the festivities.

As Vincent watched longingly at the food, he was approached by Unseen University's Archchancellor Mustrum Ridcully, "How have you been my good man?" Asked Ridcully.

((If you guys see a * after some words, I'll post the explanation in the OOC.))

Eragon

Post by Eragon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:01 am

Eragon snorted at Angua's remark. "Be my guest. No one likes to sit next to me either, although for different reasons." Even though Eragon was standing. He didn't trust the chairs to hold his weight. They looked flimsy.
Even though that carrot wasn't directly talking to Eragon he still replied, "Drakes only need to eat every few days."
He studied carrot. He looked much like a dwarf but his scent is unmistakable.

Eragon looked around for the other drake that he talked to before but was unable to find her. She must already left. He liked her. She was straight foward and didn't care what others think if her which was rather odd. He knew for a fact that drakes always needed to look their best. When he lived in Dralikan, the younger males often had a challange to see who could polish their horns the best. A small game he missed. However he hadn't dropped the practice.

Eragon looked among the crowd, an easy task for him because he is taller than everyone. A human with a cart snaked his way in the festival and started selling sausages. He would of bought one of they were raw. He preferred it. They had more nutrients.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:10 am

As Vincent visualized eating a sausage-in-a-bun he saw earlier he heard a familiar voice.

"ArchChancellor Ridcully.  You're a sight for sore eye sockets. I've been fine, thank you. Still alive, despite my best efforts.  What brings you aboard the Aurient Express?  Some big game hunting in Hunghung?"
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Subject8005

Post by Subject8005 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:23 am

"The clothes didn't fit my style." Sasha says as she grabs a piece of food with her tail and takes it in her hand "I prefer something that has room for my tail to do.....well...." she shrugged and ate the price in a few bites "Anyone tell you how cute you are?" She would rub her hands together the small crystals clunking every so often " I mean....i figured I would ask cause I'm very curious."
See the numbers, Taste the violence

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:38 am

"Er, thanks?" Replied Char unsure of ehat to make of it, he was always weary of girls since he studied at the Assassin's guild, never know if a girl making sweet talk to you was out to get you, "So, what are you having for food? I prefer the deep fried pig intestine, very nice and filling." He added trying to change the subject, he frankly felt akward around women.

"Still got the Piecemaker old Cuddy gave you?" Asked Carrot to Eragon, "Nobby from Headquarters is jealous you get to have it, he's also being assigned to guard the train since he's the Watch's weapons expert, I just hope he doesn't go crazy and get something like the Klatchian Fire Engine."* added Carrot, Angua was busy wolfing down her food and paid no heed.

"Oh the Wizards of Unseen are being asked to join the trip to Hunghung, and while yes, there may be some good things to hunt, I'll see to it that rare animals stay rare." Said Ridcully, they were then approached by CMOT Dibbler, "Sausage-in-a-bun?" He asked with a smile, Ridcully scoffed "I beg your pardon mr. Dibbler but I am not eating something with mystery meat.", "I assure you ArchChancellor its made from pig." Said CMOT Dibbler, "Which part though, you never divulge, I'll pass mr. Dibbler, now begone before I turn you into a frog." Said Ridcully, CMOT Dibbler edged away slowly with his cart, "That man always has strange ideas for a business, he once managed a band that played music-with-rocks-in-it, the music was contagious and dangerous and had to be banned." Said Ridcully.

Eragon

Post by Eragon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:32 am

Eragon replied to Carrot, "Yes I still have it. And I doubt that no one is jealous of me. Not everyone is this big and can carry a cross bow the size of a human."
Eragon looked at the Diablon across the table next to Char. He never liked their kind. Being half demon. They think they can rule everything. But dragons are mightier and more powerfull. Not only do dragons strike fear but awe as well. Unlike diablons. Slippery little buggers. They have a cruel sense of humour. Eragon would have to dominate over her before she starts something. And quickly to. Show her who is boss.
"Angua. I'm not sure about that recruit over there, next to Char. She leaves a sour taste in my mouth."
Last edited by Eragon on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.