The Watch: Raising Steam

Eragon
Bronze

Re: The Watch: Raising Steam

Post by Eragon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Eragon instantly aimed his crossbow at Cohen. “I Don’t like him. Can I shoot?” Especially after what he said. His little lines instantly made him very suspicious to Eragon.
Bad tempered, fire breathing, overweight lizards :D :) ;)

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Darryl looked at the horde and his jaw dropped at what Cohen said. "You have got to be kidding!" He said. He drew his sword before looking around, expecting an ambush.
So pull me close, as we dance around Hellfire... We're just Ghosts anyway...

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Vincent had already broken a window before he realized their were people behind him. As he hadn't pulled his crossbow out yet when he heard the voices he quickly turned and pointed his spear at the group of old men. Realizing who they were the skeleton quickly put his spear and shield down and began to pull out his repeating crossbow out. Somebody needed to keep the guards at bay while a decision was made.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:38 pm

“Did you kill the Emperor?!”
Asked Char.
“Of course not, it was that pompous arse Lord Hong, we saw him leaving the Emperor’s room with blood on his clothes, he didn’t pay us any mind since we showed him our papers, finally, somebody who honored that, although, I think killing their Ninja’s might have made them mad.”
Said Cohen as the Watched noticed there were bodies dressed in black pajamas around the pagoda.
“Nobody is killing another person in this pagoda, the Agatean Empire wants us all dead, and its enough incentive to keep each other alive.”
Said Vimes,
“Cohen, I told you it wasn’t going to be that easy.”
Said Saveloy who was keeping a sword pointed at their servant/hostage.
“Fine, lets go see what those pompous houses want, you all stay here while me and the boys handle this.”
Said Cohen as he and the Horde walked and wheezed their way past the Watch, they exited out a broken Window, with Char helping them up so they don’t cut themselves on the glass.

It was a bloodbath.
It wasn’t speed. The Horde couldn’t move very fast. But it was economy. Mr. Saveloy had remarked on it. They were simply always where they wanted to be, which was never where someone’s sword was. They let everyone else do the running around. A soldier would risk a slash in the direction of Truckle and find Cohen rising in front of him, grinning and swinging, or Boy Willie giving him a nod of acknowledgement and a stab. Occasionally one of the Horde took time to parry a blow aimed at Mr. Saveloy, who was far too excited to defend himself.
“Pull back, you bloody fools!”
Lord Hong appeared behind the throng, his horse rearing, his helmet visor flung back.
The soldiers tried to obey. Finally, the press eased a little, and then opened. The Horde were left in a widening ring of shields. There was something like silence, broken only by the endless thunder and the crackle of lightning on the hill.
And then, pushing their way angrily through the soldiers, came an altogether different breed of warrior. They were taller, and heavier armored, with splendid helmets and moustaches that looked like a declaration of war in themselves.
One of them glared at Cohen.
“Orrrrr! Itiyorshu! Yutimishu!”
“Wassat?” said Cohen.
“He’s a samurai,” said Mr. Saveloy, wiping his forehead. “The warrior caste. I think that’s their formal challenge. Er. Would you like me to fight him?”
One samurai glared at Cohen. He pulled a scrap of silk out of his armor and tossed it into the air. His other hand grabbed the hilt of his long, thin sword…
There was hardly even a hiss, but three shreds of silk tumbled gently to the ground.
“Get back, Teach,”
said Cohen slowly.
“I reckon this one’s mine. Got another hanky? Thanks.”
The samurai looked at Cohen’s sword. It was long, heavy and had so many notches it could have been used as a saw.
“You’ll never do it,”
he said.
“With that sword? Never.”
Cohen blew his nose noisily.
“You say?”
he said.
“Watch this.”
The handkerchief soared into the air. Cohen gripped his sword…
He’d beheaded three upward-staring samurai before the handkerchief started to tumble. Other members of the Horde, who tended to think in much the same way as their leader, had accounted for half a dozen more.
“Got the idea from Caleb,”
said Cohen.
“And the message is: either fight or muck about, it’s up to you.”
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:01 am

From the broken window Vincent did his best of defend the building from the few soldiers that made it past the horde. While archery was never his strong suit he carefully used the repeating crossbow as best he could. Enemy after enemy fell, but they weren't letting up.

"Anybody have a plan out of this yet?" Vincent said as he fired another bolt out the window.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:33 am

Eragon ran to the top tower.
“This would of been easier with a pair of wings. Stupid magic. Done no good except cause trouble.”
He placed his peicemaker on the window cross board and loaded a bolt. His task is to take out the siegeweapons.
“Now of cause It would of been mush more efficient if I could spit a few little flames at them but no. The mighty Rincewood though it’s a better idea to stay undercover. Well look where that’s gotten us. If they saw me six feet taller, they would and ran kill themsleves.”
He found the ever so slow moving siege weapons and started unloading. One by one they brok apart. It took about three bolts each to properly dismantle one.
Bad tempered, fire breathing, overweight lizards :D :) ;)

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:28 am

Rincewind was attempting to find a way for them all to escape when he came across an unopened door, he opened it, only to find himself falling....
Rincewind lay on the floor with his hands over his ears.
The sound of thunder filled the underground chamber. Blue and purple light shone so brightly that he could see it through his eyelids.
Finally the cacophony subsided. There were still the sounds of the storm outside, but the light had faded to a blue-white glow, and the sound into a steady humming.
Rincewind risked rolling over and opening his eyes.
The air felt greasy. Sparks crawled over the floor and crackled on each angle.
Rincewind stood up. His beard streamed out as a mass of individual hairs.
The lightning globes shone down on a round lake of, to judge from the ripples, pure quicksilver. In the center was a low, five-sided island. As Rincewind stared, a boat came drifting gently around to his side of the pool, making little slupslup noises as it moved through the mercury.
It was not a lot larger than a rowing boat and, lying on its tiny deck, was a figure in armor. Or possibly just the armor. If it was just empty armor, then it was lying in the arms-folded position of a suit of armor that has passed away.
Hanging from rusted chains in the roof were big glass globes. Each one was the size of a man, and lightning crackled and sizzled inside, stabbing at the glass, seeking a way out.
Rincewind sidled around the silver lake until he reached a slab of what looked very much like gold, set in the floor in front of a statue.
He knew you got inscriptions in tombs, although he was never sure who it was who was supposed to read them. The gods, possibly, although surely they knew everything already?
He’d never considered that they’d cluster round and say things like, “Gosh, ‘Dearly Beloved’ was he? I never knew that.”
This one simply said, in pictograms: One Sun Mirror.
Rincewind had heard the stories, he united the land with his invincible Red Army, he dismissed them as fairy tales, but now he seems to have found One Sun Mirror’s secret room of sorts, but for what the room is for is still unclear to Rincewind.
The statue looked like porcelain. It had been painted quite realistically. One Sun Mirror seemed an ordinary sort of man. You would not have pointed him out in a crowd as Emperor material. But this man, with his little round hat and little round shield and little round men on little round ponies, had glued together a thousand warring factions into one great Empire, often using their own blood to do it.
Despite Rincewind preferring to outrun danger, the Armor looked pretty tempting at the moment, he then decided to put it on for safety, as soon as he had put on the helmet, the visor dropped over his eyes and in front of him was the back of his own head, he then removed it and saw his usual surroundings, then put the visor on again to see himself in third person.
Ah. So…magic armor. Perfectly normal magic armor. It had never been very popular in Ankh-Morpork. Of course, it was light. You could make it as thin as cloth. But it tended to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lord’s last words had been, “You can’t kill me because I’ve got magic aaargh.”
He then sat down to put on the boots, then as soon as he straightend up, behind him, with the sound of seven thousand flower pots smashing together, the lightning still crackling over them, the Red Army came to attention.
Rincewind turned around.
With an echoing chorus of creaks and groans, the Red Army turned around, too.
And it was red. It was the same color, Rincewind realized, as the soil.
He’d bumped into a few statues in the darkness. He hadn’t realized that there were this many. They stretched, rank on rank, into the distant shadows.
Experimentally, he turned around. Behind him, there was another chorus of stampings.
After a few false starts he found that the only way to end up facing them was to take off the boots, turn, and put the boots on again.
He lowered the visor for a moment, and saw himself lowering the visor for a moment.
He stuck up an arm. They stuck out their arms. He jumped up and down. They jumped up and down, with a crash that made the globes swing. Lightning sizzled from their boots.
He felt a sudden hysterical urge to laugh.
He touched his nose. They touched their noses. He made, with terrible glee, the traditional gesture for the dismissal of demons. Seven thousand terracotta middle fingers stabbed towards the ceiling....

The Horde watched the bustle among Lord Hong’s men. Objects were being dragged to the front line.
“They don’t look like archers to me,”
said Boy Willie.
“Those things are Barking Dogs,”
said Cohen.
“I should know. Seen ’em before. They’re like a barrel full of fireworks, and when the fireworks are lit a big stone comes rushing out of the other end.”
“Why?”
“Well, would you hang around if someone had just lit a firework by your arse?”
“Here, Teach, he said ‘arse’,” complained Truckle. “Look, on my bit of paper here it says you mustn’t say—”
“We’ve got shields, haven’t we?” said Mr. Saveloy. “I’m sure if we keep close together and put the shields over our heads we’ll be as right as rain.”
“The stone’s about a foot across and going very fast and it’s red hot.”
“Not shields, then?”
“No,” said Cohen. “Truckle, you push Hamish—”
“We won’t get fifty yards, Ghenghiz,” said Caleb.
“Better fifty yards now than six feet in a minute, yes?” said Cohen.
“Bravo!” said Mr. Saveloy.
“Whut?”

“Fire you peasant scum!”
“But the dogs must be primed o Lord Hong.”
“Give me that torch!”
Shouted Lord Hong as he pushed a bombardier aside, crouched down beside a Dog, heaved on it so that the barrel was pointing at Cohen, lifted the torch—
The earth heaved. The Dog reared and rolled sideways.
A round red head, smiling faintly, rose out of the ground.
There were screams in the ranks as the soldiers looked down at the moving dirt under their boots, tried to run on a surface that was just shifting soil, and disappeared in the rising cloud of dust.
The ground caved in.
Then it caved out again as stricken soldiers climbed up one another to escape because, rising gently through the turmoil, was the soil in human shape.
What’re they? Trolls?”
said Cohen. Ten of the figures were visible now, industriously digging at the air.
Then they stopped. One of them turned its gently smiling head this way and that.
A sergeant must have screamed a handful of archers into line, because a few arrows shattered on the terracotta armor, with absolutely no effect.
Other red warriors were climbing up behind the former diggers. They collided with them, with a sound of crockery. Then, as one man—or troll, or demon—they drew their swords, turned around, and headed towards Lord Hong’s army.
A few soldiers tried to fight them simply because there was too great a crowd behind them to run away. They died.
The figures performed the same thrust, parry, and slash in mechanical movements as Lord Hong’s forces were sent in dissaray.

“What in Samuel Hill are those?”
Asked Vimes as the Watch looked in confusion at the smiling stone men slaughtering their enemies.
“Sister! It is the true red army!”
Said Lotus Blossom.
“But how?”
Wondered Pretty Butterfly.
“Perhaps a certain great Wizard is to thank for this.”
Said twoflower with a warm smile.
“Everybody! I found help!”
Said a familiar voice as Rincewind came running in the strangest looking armor.
“I can command them as long as I wear this armor!”
He said with excitement in his voice.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Darryl looked on in awe of the terracotta warriors. They moved as one, slicing through Lord Hong's army, as if the men were mere sandbag targets. Rincewind announced his control over them and Darryl was bewildered by his armor. "Is that magic armor?" He asked, amazed.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 am

“This all explains how One Sun Mirror took over and established the Agatean Empire, he had an army of Golems.”
Said Rincewind.
“The magic used to control them is not oerfect though.”
Added Rincewind.
“They move wherever I move but I found a way to get them moving without my direct commands, you better go catch Lord Hong then while I keep his army occupied.”
Finished Rincewind, looking outside, the Terracotta men were slaughtering the great houses forces but Lord Hong is nowhere to be found.
“Alright then you lot, all of us better go look for Lord Hong, smug bastard better be alive so I can give him a piece of my mind.”
Said Vimes.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Darryl nodded listening to Rincewind explain the army. Vimes spoke and Darryl nodded again. "Anyone see which way he went?" He asked.