The Other Side

Kaylanie676
Bronze

Re: The Other Side

Post by Kaylanie676 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:16 am

Allyra smiles at Lark before leaving the room and heading down the stairs. She pulls out her phone to see if anyone texted and by anyone she meant Wilson her best friend. She sighs disappointed and heads over to the drinks to get a new drink having finished both cups she made previously. When she gets over there she spots Corinna and heads on over to her. "Yo Corinna! does anyone else have joints I kind of need one" She says tapping her friends shoulder looking around. Before Corinna can answer she grabs a drink then heads back over to hear her answer about the joints.

Kay<3 :twisted:

RabidGravity

Post by RabidGravity » Tue May 12, 2020 2:24 am

"How long have you been smoking for?" Lalou decided to ask Jay. He himself had just begun to dabble in the world of marijuana and knew very little about it all, but from the way Jay had rolled the blunt, it seemed he was an adept smoker.

Lalou often had little trouble making friends when he felt safe and with Corinna within arms reach if he were to get nervous, he felt perfectly fine asking Jay about himself. His hidden outgoing personality was ready to shine and he felt very comfortable around all these new people. Jay seemed nervous and Lalou understood that feeling. When all the people you know aren't in the room and now you're alone. He felt like it was now his mission to help everyone feel comfortable, starting with Jay, who had just been abandoned by Ray, who Lalou would let cool down a bit before asking if he wanted chips.

Avocadomydudez

Post by Avocadomydudez » Tue May 12, 2020 2:28 am

Iris had chuckled softly at Marina’s comment about sweat. She quickly walked inside the house as Jordan opened the door, her eyes scanning the room and her posture straightening, holding tall as to show she feared nothing. Iris green-blue eyes catching sight of glorious bright red hair, her legs once again lifting to move herself forward.

She moved quickly, forgetting for a moment of her other two friends. Iris pushing herself in front of others before wrapping her arms around Corinna, giving a light squeal, “hey Red!” She’d grin as she pulled away, her left hand slowly picking up the braid of red hair that she had spotted across the room. “This is gorgeous, I just threw my hair up.” Iris had said, now bringing both her hands up to redo her hair into a messy bun, fixing a few strands that had fell out during her drive here. “Oh! You remember Jordan right?” She asked remembering the two that had tagged along in the car with her, her right hand grabbing one of Corinna’s hands, interrupting whatever conversation she had been in previously and turning her head to try and see if Marina as well as Jordan had followed her here.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue May 12, 2020 2:39 am

Marina had followed Iris into the house, giving Jordan a quiet 'thanks' as she stood enough away from her friend to let Jordan enter as well. She looked around a bit. It really was as awesome as she had hoped it looked. Movement caught the corner of her eye as she looked towards Iris to see her move over to someone else. There were a few others, and it looked like they were about to smoke or something. Was that alcohol on the table? Was it that kind of get together? She sunk back a bit, suddenly feeling a bit nervous, fiddling with her bag a bit as she watched Iris and Corinna interact. It was easy to keep Iris from seeing how awkward and shy she was, but now it was going to be obvious how weird she was of a person. She was going to be the only one not drinking or... taking whatever it was they were going to do. She shifted uncomfortably, staying by the wall near the front door.

It was still better than being home, though. She just hoped she didn't embarrass Iris by being a lame guest.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:29 am

Well fuck, that plan totally backfired. It was usually a safe bet that normal people would dislike him smoking in a house because they generally knew that second-hand smoke was awful. It seemed that he overestimated this group by comparing them to normal people. He should have known that a group of druggies and degenerates wouldn't balk at a cigarette.

No matter, crying over what he should have done would only be idiotic. He needed to reassess the situation and come up with a new objective. First, observe your surroundings. The degenerates were indulging in weed and alcohol while they talked to either their old friends or introduced themselves to new people. Luckily, the new people they were introducing themselves to weren't him. In fact, everyone seemed to be ignoring him. So far so good.

However, as much as he would love to continue this trend for the rest of the party, he needed to start to attempt to blend in. If he stayed silent the entire party then his reputation would surely take a hit. Although he wholeheartedly believed that these losers could never talk to anybody in his various cliches and social circles, word of mouth has a tendency to bite you in the ass when you least expect it. He'll be damned if these unproductive scum of society were to say behind his back "Bob? I don't really remember the name..... Oh, you mean the kid who stayed in the corner by himself all night? Yeah, i remember him. He was such a loser"

Giving a shy smile to Lalou and Jay, bob stopped smoking and said "Wow, i think i came WAY under prepared to party my dudes! I mean, all i brought was some cancer sticks while the rest of ya brought the good shit. Don't get me wrong, Marlboro's the shit, but nothing really beats the oregano." Giving a sad pout, he snubbed out his cigarette in his palm. He wanted to scream until his voice shredded, but he forced himself to appear as chill as possible. It was all about poker face in the end. It wouldn't be cool if he showed pain, but it would be even less cool if he gave a smirk to show off. He just continued with the shy smile he started with, acting like he didn't give a second thought to what he just did.
Last edited by Cr25pltro6 on Tue May 12, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeons and dragons lite

RabidGravity

Post by RabidGravity » Tue May 12, 2020 5:43 am

"Oregano?" Lalou snickered, finding Bob's way of talking both interesting and amusing. "And don't do that, you'll hurt yourself."

Lalou gave a disapproving pout in Bob's direction as he snubbed the cigarette with his hand. The guy didn't even wince. It made him a little worried. Lalou draped himself over the couch and kept looking in Bob and Jay's direction.

"Do you guys believe in ghosts?" He asked with a wicked smile that meant he was up to something.

EyesOfIce
Bronze

Post by EyesOfIce » Tue May 12, 2020 7:22 am

Corinna gave a small smirk as she shrugged a bit towards Jay’s comment about not expecting her to be a smoker. “There’s probably a lot you don’t know about me.” With this statement she casted a quick sideways glance at Jay before looking back down at her drink with a soft smile. She brought her thumb up to her mouth and bit on the tip of her thumb nail though once Ray began to speak though. Her brows furrowed up and she looked to the side a bit before glancing back at Jay. In no way had she intended to offend anyone, she had just been attempting to give a head count and somehow something as simple as that seemed to backfire. She sighed slowly as she looked back at the door that Ray has walked through. Was this a situation in where she was meant to go after him? She had no clue. He seemed tightly wound, or tense at the least, but maybe this wasn’t his thing... maybe he was nervous

Corinna fully turned her body to face Jay, and began to speak before she was quickly stopped by the sound of Allyra entering the room. Once the question the girl asked fully processed Corinna shrugged while taking a sip from her cup. She wasn’t someone to offer up anyone’s stuff, and she was less keen herself this time, since she didn’t have quite the same soft spot for everyone else as she did for Jay... at least, it was a different case when it came to him. Regardless, she in no way would outright deny anyone anything if they specifically asked her though. Besides, she wasn’t even sure if she had anything left, but if she did, it would be in what she called her “goodie bag” that contained various items, some drug related, some not. For example she always kept spare kandi in there, just in case.

Then, once again before Corinna had time to make any response to Ally, she was wrapped in to a quick and tight hug. “Hey! It took you long enough!” She laughed before pulling away and taking a half-step back to look at the other two who had came with Iris. She held her fellow red-heads hand tightly and quickly smiled at the two, forgetting that she sometimes suffered from resting bitch face. “Of course I remember Jordan! How could anyone forget those arms.” She teased as she flexed her free arm in a playful manner. Then a very pleasant scent caught her attention, causing her to shift her gaze back to the girl trying to shrink herself in to the shadows. Corinna watched her for a second before following the girls eyes to the drinks on the table. She looked at Iris for a moment before nodding back to the timid-looking lady. She knew this girl, she thought her name was... Marina?

“I love whatever fragrance you have on.” Corinna beamed as she took a few steps to get closer to the other girl, dragging Iris along with her. Once she was close enough Corinna lowered her voice to a soft-spoken level, “you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to. A few of us are drinking, a few aren’t. I know we pretty much just met... Marina, right? Anyway, if someone is making you feel uncomfortable or you feel like you’re being forced to do something you don’t want to do, come get me. I’ve been known to give a good ass-whooping in the past.” She said the last part as she gave a knowing smirk to Iris.

Corinna hated the thought of anyone being forced to do something they weren’t willing to do, or someone being taken advantage of, which is why Corinna had gotten in to a few physical fights over the years, and it didn’t matter who with. She had battled against the smallest (and aggressive) girls and some of the biggest guys around. A distinct memory she had was when she was literally thrown across a table a year or so back. It was at some stupid party that she honestly did not want to go to, but it was back when Rion was still one of the “most popular” amongst the High Schools social scene and she had gone since he was going. She remembered watching one of the more unfriendly jocks shove a girl down the hall of the house, and the next thing she knew, she had the guy by the collar of his jacket and pulled back as hard as she could. Naturally the dude came tumbling backward, and when he stood back up, he faced her with the rage of a pissed off bull in his eyes. Then, next thing she knew her feet left the ground and she went flying. Luckily she didn’t get hurt and a few of the other bigger guys of the party quickly stepped in.

“But,” Corinna began speaking at a normal voice level again, “there’s snacks in that blue duffel bag by the couch, so help yourself okay?”

Rion was standing at the top of the stairs, listening in as Corinna already managed to piss someone off. He swore that was somewhat of a talent for her. He sighed again, which he found himself doing often, before turning back around. “It’s probably better to stay up here for now.” He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck before taking a step forward. He went to enter another room, before movement in the corner of his eye caught his attention. He turned and approached the door to one of the open rooms slowly before poking his head in. Inside the room he found Lark standing alone.

“Hello.” Rion spoke softly as he knocked on the door frame, trying not to scare her. “Find anything cool?” He asked, offering a half-hearted smile while he walked with his hands shoved in to his pockets.
~Zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

Kaylanie676
Bronze

RE:

Post by Kaylanie676 » Tue May 12, 2020 2:07 pm

Allyra Jumps when Iris comes up from behind her and hugs Corinna, she sighs when she see's her go off with the other girl, so she goes to find something more interesting. She grabs another drink and chugs it before grabbing another one and heading out back. She doesn't realize anyone's out there and almost runs into Ray. It takes her a second to realize which boy it was though. She takes a step back looking at him, she frowns a little seeing that he seems kind of pissed. She takes a drink from her cup before walking the rest of the way to stand next to him. "Hey, whacha doin out here? you look kind of pissed what happened?" She asks genuinely curious. She looks up at him before taking another drink, flashing a smile in his direction hoping she doesn't look like a bitch or anything.

color="#F44336">Kay<3 :twisted: </font>

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Bob brushed off Lalou's worry with an apologetic "Sorry my bro, i forget that people aren't comfortable with that. It's just a bad habit i can't quit" He visibly perked up and said in a joking tone "Just like my EX, if ya know what i mean fellas! Up top!" He held out his hand for a high-five.

After that, he answered Lalou's ghost question. "Y to the e to the s my dude!" Bob said with a sickening amount of enthusiasm in his voice. "I mean, what's the use of a great party on earth without a WICKED after party in the sky?!" he didn't wait long enough to let anybody actually answer him. Instead, he turned towards the girl who had tucked herself away in a corner. What was her name again? Mariana sauce? Mariana's Trench? It started with an M, he knew that much.

Raising his voice loud enough so the girl could actually hear him, he said "Hey, Dudette! What do you think about ghosts?!"
Dungeons and dragons lite

RabidGravity

The Other Side

Post by RabidGravity » Wed May 13, 2020 12:11 am

"What about you Jayson?" Lalou turned towards the quieter fellow. Bob's enthusiasm was unexpected and frankly, a little to much for Lalou's gentle ears.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" He asked, a calmer, softer tone in place of his excited aura from earlier. He didn't want to scare the quieter guy off by coming on to strong and too loud. Bob had done that and now Lalou felt meek and almost intimidated. He didn't want Jayson to feel that way and felt very sorry for Marina who seemed just as meek and was probably scared for her life with Bob's attention on her.

"He was much more quiet in the car. It seems like he's finally opening up," Lalou chuckled, trying to make conversation.