The Other Side

Kaylanie676
Bronze

Re: RE: THE OTHER SIDE

Post by Kaylanie676 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:45 pm

Allyra walks over to the window where Lark is standing. "What's that?" She asks looking closely at the rock in her hand. She looks at it closely and notices it sparkles unlike any other jewel she has seen. "It's so pretty." She says softly before looking out the window to see who has arrived. "Looks like Iris and her group are here." She says identifying the Jeep, Allyra drinks the rest of her cup and sets it on the window sill next to Larks before taking her second cup she made earlier and drinking that one as well. "The real party is about to start." She says before tapping Larks shoulder. "Do you want to look at any other room or go back downstairs and welcome our other friends?" She asks before chugging the rest of her drink.

Kay<3 :twisted:

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Re: The Other Side

Post by Orophin » Fri May 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Vincent had ended up seeing two vehicles drive past him as he had continued to travel. The first vehicle had been an old type of Volkswagen Bus, which was weird enough to see, but what was even weirder is it seemed to be filled with teenagers about the same age as him. When he realized this he instantly thought of the old abandoned house and then the characters from Scooby Doo. But before he let his mind wander to much further he decided that end his train of thought. He didn't want to consider that anyone might actually be crazy enough to go into that house for no reason.

It wasn't that long afterwards that he saw the second vehicle drive pass. It was a new Tesla with another teen in it. He stopped and just stared after it for a moment as he thought about it. He knew all the vehicles that came out to this area because of living in one of the few properties that were somewhat near the old houses location. Neither of these vehicles belonged put here, aren't was unlikely that anyone would come out this late to head to the hiking trails. Especially a bunch of teens. He knew that for a fact because he was living in an old Dodge Ram with a truck camper on one of the old side roads in the woods that was no longer used. Because of that he knew what kind of people would generally use the trails.

This meant that his original thought of the teens heading to the old house was probably correct. He decided it would be best if he was a little less visible at this point. So he headed a little bit away from the road until he got just insides the treeline that grew in the area and them he continued on his way again. This made his going a little more difficult and slow but it was nothing that he wasn't used to so he didn't really care. As he started to get closer to the old house he saw another vehicle pass. It was a blue Honda coupe of some sort of other. He couldn't really tell for sure what the model was but he did notice that it had three more teens in it. This put the total number of teens up to eight already. So long as they were all going to the same place.

It didn't take him much longer to get where he could finally see the old house and as he did he began to get a sinking feeling I'm his stomach. It felt like whatever entities or essence was attached to the place was starting to become active, and very active for that matter. He got to where he could see better and then bent down as he took his rucksack off his back. Afterwards he dug around in it until he found his binoculars and pulled them out. He then began to check out what was happening. He noticed the three teenagers from the Honda had just walked up and they were meet by some other teens. It looked like one of the teens from the old bus and the girl who had been in the Tesla. He decided he would watch the place for a while to see what these terms were doing. Because he honestly couldn't understand what could've possessed so many people to decide to hang out in such a godforsaken place.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri May 08, 2020 11:27 pm

"I'm Marina," the new passenger replied to Jordan, smiling lightly. "It's nice to meet you.." she laughed lightly, about to say something else when Iris' squeal caused her to chuckle more and look at her friend. "Sorry... I figured everyone was already there... and really... I just wanted to get out of the house, even if I had to walk." She looked around as they drove. "Well... the chance of running into an actual ghost would be pretty slim... but it would be kinda cool..." she looked to the house as the jeep pulled up to it. "I've always wanted to stay in a supposedly haunted house..." She grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder as she got out of the car, looking to Iris. "I can help you with whatever you need."

She was glad she was able to get away, even if it was for the night... though, maybe it didn't have to be for the night? maybe she could just... never go back home? She loved the idea of it, but then again, her family needed her. They obviously couldn't take care of themselves, so she had to do it for them. Thinking about it made her realize she needed to sit down, or have something to perk her up. Now that she thought about it, she did have something in her bag. It should give her the energy to get through the night.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Golden_
Silver

Post by Golden_ » Sat May 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Sometimes Iris would make comments that Jordan didn't know how to respond too. A prime example was the somewhat flirty, Hulk in a dress, sexy downpour thing, that no one would want to see, apart from maybe Iris. He knew it was a joke, he wasn't daft, so he let out a sarcastic laugh. However, his attention quickly turned away from that joyful conversation, and instead onto the incoming house.

The run-down building could be seen through the trees, and even then, without a full view, Jordan knew it was an absolute wreck. It looked unkempt, dark, and worn out from the years of rain and emptiness - so basically a perfect place for a handful of stupid kids to throw a party in. Unlike the girl sitting beside him, who was practically giddy with excitement, Jordan filled with dread. He had a bad feeling about it all, which wasn't surprising coming from him. Iris' comment didn't help either, but it wasn't ghosts he was worried about.

By the time they had arrived up the hill to park, it appeared as though they were one of the last to arrive. A couple more cars sat in the parking lot, likely belonging to the others. He stayed quiet while he got out of his seat, taking a moment to stretch out his long limbs before walking to the back of the car. "I got it," he announced as he grabbed and carefully swung Iris' bag over one of his broad shoulders. He didn't want Marina to trouble herself. He got a better look at her now, and finally understood what Iris had meant earlier. She did looked a little tired, but he'd never say that to her face. That was just a big no-no to say to women - he had learned that the hard way many years ago.

They all worked together to drape the car quickly before setting off towards the house. As the house loomed in front of them, Jordan couldn't help but to ask the question again. "So the friend you want me to mingle with, this was her idea?"
...was adopted by Satan himself, before [she] was returned out of fear of [her] awkwardness

Avocadomydudez

Post by Avocadomydudez » Sat May 09, 2020 8:34 pm

After the drape was back over the jeep, Iris reached out to get her bag from Jordan. “Corinna, you met her on a few occasions, she’s the red head.” She’d say slinging her cowhide bag over her shoulder. “It was a mutual idea, I don’t know who exactly made it happen, I think all of us sorta did when we said it’s a go.” Iris continued as she began to make her way back down to the house. Having earlier grabbed her phone from Jordan, she sent Corinna a quick text to let her know they were there.

“As long as the ghost is hot, I’d be happy to get haunted- or as long as they can keep a conversation going, tell me my future.” She had chuckled, turning her attention to Marina for a moment, almost tripping over her own feet while not watching where she was going. There cars weren’t too far from the house, but the hill made Iris feel unsteady as she made her way down. Her hands sorta out to her sides as she walked, almost as if she were a penguin. “Is there anyone else you know that’s coming Marina?” Iris had asked, though she was the one who asked Marina to come she didn’t really know if Mar would feel comfortable or know the others.

Golden_
Silver

Post by Golden_ » Sun May 10, 2020 2:52 am

With a slight nod to acknowledge his memory of Corinna, Jordan continued walking towards the house, his longer stride placing a slight distance between himself and the two girls. He did remember the redhead; she was a little loud, but nice enough, while her older brother was the one who got fucked over by his girlfriend. Jordan had always felt bad for him. What was the saying again? Nice guys finish last...

Jordan dug his hands into his pockets and remained silent, allowing the two girls to chat as they approached the house. It was larger than it had seemed from afar, but due to the chatter coming from inside, it didn't seem quite as threatening. As he climbed up the creaky steps, he noticed that the door was slightly ajar, practically inviting them forward. He opened it further for the girls, waiting for them to walk through.
...was adopted by Satan himself, before [she] was returned out of fear of [her] awkwardness

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:44 am

Bob noticed the door opening from where he was standing in the corner. Oh great, more people. he thought as he looked for the cigarette he keeps for this exact scenario in his pocket. He hoped that no one heard the clinking of the golden coins as his hand searched his pockets. However, considering the fact that he managed to slip out of the attic and return to the group without anyone noticing, he highly doubted they would. Finding the cig, he pulled out a cheap lighter and lit up.

One thought crossed his mind as he pulled a drag This fucking tastes like shit. He wants to cough out the smoke and drink anything to get rid of the disgusting taste in his mouth. Nevertheless, he began to blow smoke rings and acted like he was enjoying the experience. After all, the best way for getting people to avoid you (without acting socially inept) is to be a smoker. Best case scenario, someone will ask him to step outside, then he would have the perfect excuse to miss out on all the "fun" they had planned without seeming rude.
Dungeons and dragons lite

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Mon May 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Raymond dug into his pocket in response to Jay's question searching for the answer. Although before he could verbally respond, Corinna chimed in claiming to have her own tucked away. Ray didn't expect that, haven't seen the girl smoke anything really himself. Though Raymond didnt really spend so much alone time with Corinna as to get to know her in depth. That was partially because he wasn't as stricken by her appearance as everyone else was. Though he didn't think she was unattractive.

"'Those Two' huh love? Got a name you know?" Raymond responded two Corinna's lable of then to the other girl. With a quick switch Raymond pulled the papers from his pocket and quickly put them in Jay's hand. "Here's your bloody papers mate." Raymond stated with a bit of irritation in his voice. He caught a quick glance at Corinna before stepping by them towards the back of the house.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue May 12, 2020 12:14 am

Marina watched as Jordan helped Iris out, realizing there really wasn't much else she could help with. She glanced towards Iris, following her and was about to help her if she lost her balance when she tripped. Luckily, she caught herself. "I'm... not really sure... I try to be sociable... but it's always been... difficult. I don't always have the same thing in common with people, so they sort of just... move on, I guess..." she sighed faintly. She found it difficult to be the one to strike up conversations. It probably was because she was always afraid people would ignore her, or just... not want to talk to her. It's definitely why she had very few friends. At least her friendship with Iris wasn't based on what they had in common, but more on just who they were as people. That made things a ton easier.

"Oh.. right..." she stuck her hand in her bag, pulling out a small, ornate bottle of perfume. She took the crystal top off and used a few dabs of the liquid inside and reapplied the top, carefully putting the bottle back. "Now I won't smell sweaty..." she laughed lightly as she looked up at the house. "This place is pretty cool..."
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Wannderlust
Silver

Post by Wannderlust » Tue May 12, 2020 1:51 am

"It's to capture bad energy,"She explained, having it explained to her not long ago,"Jayson took me to this Witch Shop I guess you'd call it?"she shrugged a little and rolled her eyes,"don't ask, my brother is weird sometimes, he likes those sticks that burn and smell awful, anyways, we saw a few there, I thought they were pretty cool - but it doesn't look like it really worked for whoever left it behind," why would you leave something like that behind? It wasn't something cheap, at least not in her books.

As she began to search in other areas of the room, she found there wasn't much, just as she was giving up, she felt Allyra tap her shoulder and ask about joining the others. She glanced around, before she nodded at Allyra,"Yeah I'll be down in a bit,"she agreed, before she shifted on her feet,"I just wanna explore a bit more before I have to go back down."
Lark loved to party, but if it came to partying or exploring she would chose to explore any day.

Jay grinned as Ray handed him the papers. However it disappeared just as quick as Ray disappeared, he wasn't bothered by how Corinna introduced them, he was used to being the outsider. Lark's shadow. Despite him being the older one, Lark did out shine him in many ways, including making friends.

He quickly made his joints. Carefully placing a few of them into his smoke carton before he lit the one he left out, as he leaned against the table, he glanced towards the door Raymond had disappeared out of, before he glanced at Corinna, than back at the door, he debated whether he should let her go apologize or just tell the boy that she really meant nothing by it.

As he took another drag, the front door opened, he looked towards it to see a few more kids he didn't know coming in, he felt his heart kickstart a little, damn it, he thought as his anxiety started, this is why he liked video games, he didn't need face to face interaction to make friends.