The Other Side

EyesOfIce
Bronze

The Other Side

Post by EyesOfIce » Sun May 03, 2020 2:26 am

Things were normal... at least they started off normal. It’s hard to tell what the future holds. It’s also hard to tell when something is gonna change your life forever, or who will cause an impact in your life. Even trying to prepare yourself can’t help in some instances. No matter what you do, there are just some situations that you cannot prepare for.

“I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choose as to whether we fulfill our destiny, but our fate is sealed.” -Paulo Coelho

“As you can see there’s a large chance of rainfall in the area tonight with winds moving in...”

The sound of the news slowly came in and out as Rion found himself lost in thought. ”Why are we even doing this? Whose idea was it?” he wondered as he subconsciously shook his head. He figured it was probably Corinna’s. She always loved to do stupid thing like this, it was strange for a person claiming to be a skeptic. Rion on the other hand believed in the paranormal. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it isn’t real. At least that’s what he thought.

“Hello?” Corinna snapped as she smacked a hand against the wall. “Are you okay?” She asked as she placed her head against the door frame that the rest of her body was leaning on.

“Mm. I’m fine. Did you need something?”
Rion asked as he sat forward and dropped his once crossed arms, down between his knees.

“Yeah.” Corinna laughed before rolling her eyes, “have you seen my red Chuck Taylors?”

“Uhm yeah.” Rion’s brow furrowed as he pushed himself up and off of the couch. “I think dad kicked them in to the hall closet. You really should stop leaving your shoes in front of the door. He hates it.”

Corinna shrugged, “he’s never said anything to me before.” Then, before Rion could retort the obvious lie, the flash of red hair slipped back behind the wall and disappeared from his vision. He huffed and shook his head once more before he walked to the the large bay window at the end of the room and leaned against the edge of the wall. “I ought to call this whole stupid bet off.”

“You better not.” Corinna threatened, stepping back in to the room. She knew her brother meant well, but boy could he be a mood killer. “Come on, it’ll be fun. Look we won’t even take your car. We can take Lucille!” She exclaimed as she twirled the keys to her Volkswagen Bus on her index finger.

Rion rolled his eyes before giving a small smile. “Fine, but you better go the speed limit, I don’t want to get arrested for whatever “recreational items” you have stored in there.” He sighed.

“Psssht.... they’d never find anything.” She smiled wickedly, before disappearing again.

Rion stood still for a moment before moving. Now was the time to stop it. Who knows what kind of trouble they could get in. Not to mention that old house was probably a death trap.

“Come on you slow poke!” Corinna called from the door.

Rion rolled his head and then proceeded to leave, locking the front door behind himself.

Their parents were out of town, and usually people would throw parties or get together since their own homes, not abandoned houses. At this point he was convinced that Corinna had formulated this whole plan.

“You should ask dad to help you get a new car.” Rion stated as he buckled his seatbelt.

“Why? You know you love Lucille in all of her orange glory! Beside there’s so much room for activities! I could live in here if I wanted to... heck I could travel across the country in her.” Corinna explained with a laugh. Now, why don’t you see if anyone needs a ride. We are already running behind, but who knows, maybe other people are as well.”

“Okay okay.” Rion agreed before pulling out his phone and sending a message to the group chat that had been created that included everyone within the little party that was organized around this bet. Rion reread the message before hitting send.

“Hey everyone. We are heading to the house now. Let us know if anyone needs a ride.”
~Zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

RabidGravity

Re: The Other Side

Post by RabidGravity » Sun May 03, 2020 3:05 am

"I need a ride!" Lalou responded, all rapid fired thumbs.

"This is gonna be so fun Munchie!" He said to the white cat on the end of his bed. "I haven't hung out with the whole gang in forever. Everyone's always so busy. I'd bring you along, but you're a cat."

Lalou pulled on a pair of socks and his favorite flower vans before grabbing his jacket and his little duffle bag.

"Te quiero mamá! Te quiero tía!" He shouted to his mother and aunt that he loved them before closing the front door and sitting on the porch. It was a fairly warm evening, but a sweet summer breeze was starting to pick up as dusk approached. Lalou shrugged on his jacket and waited for Rion and Corrina to show up, now doubt in that orange car of hers. Lalou had always wanted a car until he learned to drive, after that he decided he didn't like it and had no use for a car. His family couldn't afford a second car anyways.

Lalou was excited. He'd packed tons of snacks and fun things to do while they explored the haunted house. Of course he was super scared, but if the whole gang was gonna be there, he was sure his friends would protect him from ghosts and the like. And he was sure they'd talk to one. That's the whole reason he packed the ouijia(Ouija?) board. Tonight was gonna be the best.

Wannderlust
Silver

Post by Wannderlust » Sun May 03, 2020 3:13 am

"I was gonna go to class before I got high
I coulda cheated and I coulda passed but I got high
I am taking it next semester and I know why
Yeah, hey
'Cause I got high..."

The lyrics played through the car radio as the small blue Honda was parked on the outskirts of their home town, from the outside you couldn't see who was inside the vehicle. Slowly, one of the doors opened as one of the occupants stepped out of the front seat, as he did, the smoke followed him out.

Jayson's loud coughs filled the air as he leaned forward, between the hacking he tried to catch his breath,"Fuck..."he mumbled as he managed to lean against the side of the car.

From the inside, his younger sister happened to lean in from the back seat, a grin on her face as she now held the bong he had just used in her hands,"You good?"

On weekends this is what Jay found himself doing when he wasn't invested in his video games, he'd grab his sister or well in most cases his best friend, Ray, and drive around just cruising and sharing a blunt or he'd find somewhere , park and get higher than the empire state.

He waved her question off as he turned and bent down a little, giving her a small glare just as their phones went off. He assumed it was Corinna or someone else making sure everyone was okay for tonight's dare.

Personally he'd rather play video games than stumble around an old building in the dark, however, he couldn't say no to his friends either. Besides, he was well enough prepared with his own joints to last him the night, and some munchies too.

Lark who sat back in her seat in the back of the Honda unlocked her phone to read the message,"All good here! Heading out soon!"she texted back before she called out to Jayson,"Alright stoner boy, let's get moving! I don't want to be the last one there!" Lark knew her brother, and he always liked leaving things for last minute, including leaving to be somewhere.

The older boy slid back in, with a close of his door he glanced in the rearview mirror before he pulled his seatbelt on and changed the car into drive, as they sped down the road, Lark felt her smile widen, tonight would be epic she just knew it.

Sent from my LM-X120 using Tapatalk

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:21 am

Bob walked along the cracked sidewalk with indifference, despite the slightly ominous tone the gloomy weather was setting. "It might rain sooner or later." He said to himself. Multiple buzzes from his phone distracted him from saying more, taking his phone from out of his cargo pants he saw that he had three new messages. The first two were from his "Friends" and the last one was from the new people he met a few weeks ago. The first one he answered was labelled on his phone "King Nerd". The reason being that he was the one that was most popular among the more, let's say "book-smart" students in the school. The message read "Jeff, I heard you were going to the "haunted" house? Normally, i would't believe that you would be interested in such idiotic things such as supernatural phenomenon, but i wanted to check regardless.

Charming guy, hard to believe that he was bullied on a near constant basis.

Snarky comment aside, Bob could't afford to piss off this guy. After all, it was only thanks to king nerd and the geeks that looked up to him that he was passing this semester with an A in all of his classes. So Bob pushed through the oncoming headache that miraculously appeared whenever King Nerd talked to him and typed a response "You heard correctly. However i am not going because i actually believe in such nonsense like ghosts. I am going so i can prove to the idiots everywhere that the supernatural does not exist.

The next message was from Meathead. He was one of the toughest guys in school and everyone knew it. He had friends that bullied and took whatever they felt like from students or passerby. Even though they weren't really a gang, more a loose federation of assholes who helped each other with fights, they were still terrifying. His message said "Bro, i heard from some bitches that you were gonna take over that abandoned house? Probably just some homeless bums, but Austin backs his people, you need some help cracking heads?"

Austin should quit talking about Austin in the third person, thats what Bob thinks..... shit! He's starting to talk like that too, it's spreading!

He responded "Nah dude, should be easy as jimmy's mom! Besides, more people means less fun for me. That out of the way, he looked at the last message. The new guys, it seemed like they wanted to see if anyone wanted a ride. Normally, he'd say no, but it looked like it was going to rain and he was a good forty minutes away from the place. He simply answered Sure, bouta rain anyway. He then gave him his location and sat on the sidewalk and began to wait.
Last edited by Cr25pltro6 on Sun May 03, 2020 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeons and dragons lite

Avocadomydudez

The Other Side

Post by Avocadomydudez » Sun May 03, 2020 4:21 am

The house was silent, but it wasn’t anything that Iris hadn’t gotten used to. It was always silent, aside from the occasional vroom of the vacuum, or a few clinks in the kitchen from the pots and pans hitting together. Other than that though, there was nothing, just complete silence. No pets to stir up the house, no kids running around playing with toys, and rarely were her parents around either. The silence was a bit of a drag, and as soon as Iris finished putting her hair up, she grabbed an old leather cowhide book bag that she had packed the previous day and started down the stairs. Making her way quickly to the key ring and grabbing a set that went with her families box jeep, not her usual ride, but she’d rather this cars keys be stolen than her Ferrari’s keys be stolen from some lunatic who possibly lived in the abandoned building.

Originally the bet was moreso for games, but within this friend group of hoodlums, everything became more than just a game... soon they’d come to realize that.

The moment Iris got out of her parking garage and down the driveway she had decided to shoot Jordan a text, making sure he wasn’t trying to back out of it- or else she’d tell Ma (nickname for his mother) that he was practically sacrificing her to the mini trolls that lived inside the building, ready to feast on young beautiful girls.

’Heading out now to you! Got the cover off of the jeep so I expect some sort of football leap inside, cause I refuse to stop!’

Wasn’t exactly true, Iris would likely hand the keys right to Jordan to let him drive, her not exactly enjoying the jeep- also to possibly get a wind blown selfie on the way. As the black metal gate opened Iris would also give Corinna a text, a simple one to tell her that she was on her way and XOXO at the very end before setting her phone into the cup holder on the drivers side and allowing her Spotify to play through her ”on the road” playlist.

Golden_
Silver

Post by Golden_ » Sun May 03, 2020 4:58 pm

After being back in town for less than 24 hours, Jordan found himself being dragged out of the house once again. His mother wasn't too happy about it either, as this was the first time he'd been home since college started a couple weeks ago. He told her about his future absence that morning during breakfast. Family breakfast, as Ma called it, with his entire tight-knit family, consisting of his younger sisters, who were now in high-school, Ma, and Mike, Ma's boyfriend of one year. The table had been fully set, something far from usual for the low income family. "It's a special occasion," Ma insisted, wanting to celebrate her oldest child and his success. Jordan didn't question it; he knew that his mother and sisters missed him while he was away, and vice versa.

So when he dropped the news that he'd be away for dinner and the rest of the evening, protests erupted across the kitchen table. Then, he mentioned Iris' name, which caused a wave of silence among his family. "Oh... well why didn't you say so?" Ma finally said, a bright smile creeping across her face. At some point, Iris had become a close friend of the family, who was always allowed to pop in unannounced. Jordan and her had gone through a lot together, mostly because of her past and his protectiveness over her. She drove him crazy sometimes, and they bickered over the simplest shit, but he valued her friendship nonetheless. And so did Ma, who treated Iris as one of her own. "Tell her to come by sometime, I'd love to have her for dinner." With that, the topic died down, and all was forgiven.

He spent the rest of the day with his family, only leaving the house to go for a run and hit the gym. That part of his routine would never change. He pushed his body to the limit on a daily basis, determined to become stronger and faster.

As he stepped out of his shower, his phone vibrated, signaling an incoming message. The young man wrapped his towel around his waist and rolled his eyes when he saw Iris' message. He wrote back, 'k', a lame response that he knew would bug her. That's the sort of thing they did to each other, pressing buttons, toying with one another, but all in good fun.

This outing, however, didn't seem all that fun though. He'd much rather chill at home or a buddies place, perhaps go out somewhere low-key. An abandoned house with paranormal shit just wasn't his thing, nor was he a believer. But he gave into Iris' requests, taking it as an opportunity to mess with her and her friends.

He was ready to leave within minutes, dressed comfortably and carrying a backpack with various necessities. Iris arrived not long after, though he waited a moment, drawing out her arrival to test her patience. Once he thought she waited long enough, Jordan strolled out of his house and down the driveway to the passenger side of the car with a wide smirk on his face.

"I'd much rather be jumping into Ferrari's, but I guess this'll do," he teased, swiftly hopping in. It was always odd to see her driving around in her own car, especially in this part of town. The tiny house at the end of his driveway was nowhere close to the luxury Iris was born into. Even the Jeep, for christ's sake, was an upgrade for Jordan, who didn't own a car.

He made himself comfortable, adjusting the gear on the side of the seat to push it back before glancing over at the young woman. "Miss me?"
...was adopted by Satan himself, before [she] was returned out of fear of [her] awkwardness

Avocadomydudez

Post by Avocadomydudez » Sun May 03, 2020 6:25 pm

When she was about a mile out from Jordan’s she turned down the music, not wanting to disturb any of his neighbors. It had been a few weeks since Iris had seen him, she had planned to go to his college to say hi, to pop in... but since graduation she had been bombarded with her parents company files. It hadn’t been the first time since she looked at her mother’s designs and her fathers cases. It hadn’t been the first time since she looked at their stuff, learned what they had, but it was the first time she realized that her life would soon be controlled by customers, politicians, by everyone but herself.. that was why she jumped at the bet, helped make it into a competition that no one could really pass up.

It was a bit before Jordan came out, and as soon as she saw him, her green eyes caught his. She was glaring for a bit, her hand gripping onto her phone and slowly raising to show him her screen. “I think you forgot who you were texting, this k business doesn’t settle well with me. It’s just plain rude, I sped because I thought someone might’ve stolen your phone, kidnapped you!” At the end, she began to laugh, giving Jordan one of her killer smiles before looking to his house. “I’ve definitely missed you, college seems to be going well for you. I saw Ma and your sisters about a week ago, when I got off the law books, my dad wants me studying up on his old cases again before I head up to France with the two of them...” her voice slowly hushed, Iris was still upset with the whole matter, but she quickly perked back up.

“Driving the Ferrari to the spook place would be a terrible idea.” Iris chuckled as she backed out, seeing that Jordan had got in on the passengers side, waving to the window incase Ma or Jordan’s sisters were there as she drove off. She’d met Ma’s boyfriend a few times, but had always been moreso cautious around him, though he had been around for a year, she hadn’t yet adopted him into her own circle. “What all did you decide to pack?” Iris would ask, following out of the town and driving off towards the abandoned building, holding so many mysterious rumors.

With the top down, the two would get a slight chilly breeze pushing onto their faces, fall was always Iris’s least favorite month. She hated feeling cold, but she did enjoy the wear for colder months. Long knee high cotton, tan boots, blue frayed skinny jeans, a long sleeve baggy, white cotton shirt, and a long tan scarf to match- wasn’t exactly the ideal look for a haunted building, but it was Iris’s ideal wear.

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Sun May 03, 2020 7:51 pm

The mid morning sun shone bright through Raymond's window, illuminating the small cluttered bedroom of his mother's house. With a hard stretch Ray turned over in his oversized bed and wrapped his arm around the blonde next to him. She was the neighbor girl a few houses over, one of the few that would cycle in and out through the week. A small buzz from his phone cause d Ray to turn back to his side table, seeing a message from the group. He knew what this was about already.

With a small grunt Ray cleared his throat and grabbed his clothes from the floor, slipping on the dame jeans from the night before and a white t-shirt from his closet. Afterwards he pulled a hairtie from his drawer and pulled his long curly hair back into a bun. Next he grabbed a small box from the back of his closet and retrieved a cigarette and a small bag of pot. With speed he broke down the cigarette and mixed the tobacco with the green, rolling it up in a white paper. After twisting the end Raymond tucked it behind his ear and stepped back over to the bed, light smacking the blond on the bum. "C'mon love, best be on." He told her gently with that thick Aussie accent. Ray tossed her clothes on the bed next to her as the girl awoke. With a quick turn Ray edited the room and headed to the bathroom. Taking his time Raymond brushed his teetch and washed his face, taking a good look at himself in the mirror before editing the bathroom.

Back in his Room Raymond retrieved his phone from the night table, finally ready to leave the house. "In a hurry?" The blonde asked as they exited his room.

"Yeah, got plans." Ray responded simply, putting the rollfrom earlier into the corner of his mouth.

"Alright then, well call me later olay?" The girl asked hopefully, exchanging hugs with Ray before she dissappeared out of the door.

"Alright." Ray responded lightly again, watching the girl as she walked away.

"Off already are you?" A voice called from behind him, causing Ray to turn and face his mum.

"Oh, yeah, just going out with the guys." Ray responded as he pulled a lighter from his pocket, lighting the spliff. "Back tomorrow probably."

The look on his mother's face was enough to tell how dissappointed she was, watching her son decline from his father's death. It was hard to help from her standpoint, and letting things go made it worse. "Love ya mum." Ray offered before turning out the door.

As the white smokenfollowed behind him Ray strolled down the sidewalk, pulling his phone out to text the group "Yeah, need a pick up." He entered into the phone and pressed send.

Wannderlust
Silver

Post by Wannderlust » Sun May 03, 2020 8:43 pm

The duo pulled into a gas station,both their phones going off at the same time as others responded to the earlier text.
As Jay parked the car beside one of the pumps, he glanced down at the phone that occupied the passenger seat, he reached over and unlocked the phone, as he did, the text thread came up as he had left it,Getting gas can pick someone up as well? as he sent the text he unbuckled himself and hopped out of the vehicle.

Just as the door closed he heard a small groan come from the back, he snickered knowing that she had seen he was offering rides. It didn't take long for Jay to return and they were back on the road again, this time heading inwards towards the centre of town.

As they drove, Lark looked out the window, admiring all the Halloween decorations and the changing leaves, autumn was a beautiful time of year, but who didn't think so? She leaned her head against the window as she shifted in her seat, the bong now at her feet and out of sight as a bag sat beside her filled with snacks, drinks and other things was used as an arm rest.

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Sun May 03, 2020 9:39 pm

"Pick me up mate, stop dicking around." Ray sent the message to Jay, taking another his of his roll as he walked down the sidewalk. "Ill be on 3rd and Jefferson, hurry up." Raymond sent the second message as he crossed the street. Shoving his phone into his pocket. With a few wuick glances Raymond stepped onto the opposide sidewalk, finsishing his roll before flicking it away. Hopefully soon he would see Jay's car pulling up, he hated waiting around.