(Lord Salvatus) Broken Fourth Wall

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Re: (Lord Salvatus) Broken Fourth Wall

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:22 am

Galacta angrily shook the snow off of her right wing, which had taken the hit of the snowball, while Dedede brushed off the feathers on his chest with an equally annoyed expression.

"Show yourself before I go over there and hunt you down myself!" Galacta Knight fumed, the red glow to her eyes suggesting that she was, indeed, ready to hunt down whoever it was.

--

Within a couple moments, the culprit, or at least one of them, appeared from behind a hill of snow. It was Lavandia, with a playful smirk on her face. illuminated by the silvery glow the moon cast on the snow. "Oh come on, all of you!" the Halcandran said. "Don'cha know how to have fun?"
xxVictory is Image my destiny.xx

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:26 am

Mel had then realized he was still holding the snowball he had formed minutes earlier, and in revenge he threw it at Lavandia with surprising speed and strength.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:34 am

Sure enough, the snowball hit Lavandia directly in the face. She stood there, stunned, for a moment, then brushed the snow off her fur and stared at Mel with a mischievous grin. "Oh, it's on now."

The Halcandran picked up six snowballs at once, one in each hand and one in each tentacle, and threw them as hard as she could toward everyone else.

--

"Hey! Nobody throws snowballs at me and gets away with it!" Dedede shouted after getting hit with another of Lavandia's snowballs. The penguin quickly grabbed a handful of snow, forming it into a loose ball shape, and flung it back toward the Halcandran. "Everyone! This means war!!! Start makin' snowballs and pelt her!"

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:01 am

People on all sides joined the fight, making snowballs as frantically as they could and lobbing them to the other side, or making stacking piles of snow for a fort. However Lyrenndhuin was the only one not participating, preferring to step away and watch rather than fight. He wouldn’t have liked the coldness of the snow smacking against him.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:26 am

Unbeknownst to any one else due to his ability to blend into the shadows of night, Meta Knight also hung back, watching the others in their moonlit snowball fight from atop a tree branch. The only thing visible about the warrior were his brightly-glowing yellow eyes, which he did not bother to conceal.

Maybe he wouldn't have in his younger days, but now the warrior failed to see the fun in things such as snowball fights. However, he supposed he was glad that the others appeared to be enjoying themselves. He almost wanted to join them.

Using the cover of shadow, Meta Knight unfurled his wings for the first time in a while, and drifted down from the tree, examining the snow. He distantly recalled that he used to have fun in the snow, too, once upon a time...

But now he didn't remember how.

Was he missing something?

Meta Knight glanced back at the others, and then down at the snow again. Did he like snowball fights at one time? Picking it up and throwing it didn't exactly seem fun to him now. Neither did laying back in it to make snow angels.

The warrior stood there in the middle of the snow, as if entirely confused. He wanted to have fun... but he didn't remember how to.

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Finley nearby was hit with a snowball, knocking him back a small distance. He wiped the snow off his face and was ready to join back in, but he noticed Meta Knight in the shadows near him by his glowing eyes. “Poy?” he asked.

(“Something the matter?”)

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:09 pm

Meta Knight turned around to see Finley. Self-consciously, the warrior quickly shifted his wings back into their cape form for fear that they'd be seen.

"I am fine, Finley," he said simply. After a moment's silence, he decided he was willing to be a bit more open with his brother than he was with most other people.

Sighing softly, Meta Knight turned to face the little green Kiridan, wrapping his cape around his body. "You know, this is likely going to sound strange to you, but... I almost feel as though I have lost my ability to see the fun in things."

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:53 am

Finley tilted his head a little, seeming almost confused. How could someone lose that ability completely?

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:31 am

As if sensing Finley's confusion, he went on, "I suppose... with all that happened with the war those many years ago... I just lost the ability to have fun."

Meta Knight sighed softly. His normally emotionless yellow eyes glimmered with something that almost looked like sadness, and he turned away before anymore emotion could be shown.

"I remember I used to have quite a bit of fun, when I was younger," the warrior reminisced. "I was no different than anyone out there. But when I grew older, I lost a couple of people who were very dear to me. My childhood friends, whom I grew up alongside and spent almost all of my time with. Ever since then, I suppose I just stopped seeing the fun in life... and now, to my regret, though I am arguably much happier than I once was, I still do not know how to get back that sense of fun and enjoyment."

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:37 am

“Poy...poyo poy poy poyo poyo,” Finley replied softly.

(“I’m sorry...there has to be a way to get it back though.”)