Fallen Kingdom, A new war begins

Cheanlenu
Location: Under your bed plotting with the voices in your head.

Re: Fallen Kingdom, A new war begins

Post by Cheanlenu » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:47 am

The dark sylvan woman smiles. As her lips part from her smile, her teeth can be partially seen. They glisten in the light, like moist pearls. She leans back with her hands on her hips. "Your lying girl, but that does not bother me. My concern was mainly your intentions, and not the particulars of your meeting." She sighs, "That mans kindness is going to get him killed one day. Since he has already passed this point, I would imagine everything is still going as planned." She turns looking back at the streets which are now clear. Then turning back to face Aelynn, saying. "So much for the hospitality of the people of Astoria. I was particularly looking forward to a little entertainment before the events of tomorrow. It is not often I have the opportunity to visit a city. Perhaps you could entertain me for a time." She looks up at the sign, and then back at Aelynn. "This is a tavern is it not? Care for a drink with company? Oh my manors. William would scold me if I made such a mistake. My name is Mistress Liandril Ixalurindal, and what might be yours? I can't keep calling you girl, unless that is your name. I did promise a reward for your answer. Let us discuss that over a little drink, and food. The sun is dreadful for my complexion. You may bring your male servant if you wish."

Liandril moves past Aelynn, and into the Blushing Maiden. She looks around the room, and says loudly. "Who will be so kind as to offer a hot, sweaty, Mistress a table?" The room grew silent as she entered the door. A pin could be heard hitting the floor. At her question, half the room nearest her gets up moving to the back of the room. A mischievous smile lights her face. She then says. "Now there is the hospitality I have been looking for. You do your owners proud. Some well trained males." She looks at the tavern keep. "For their prompt obedience I feel they deserve a reward. Please give them what ever drink they wish. I will be paying for them, and I would like a bottle of a drink called devil's blood. Two glasses as well please, and a menu if you have one." She walks over to an newly opened table, and sits down. "Don't be shy males. I have no intention of harming anyone. I am just a woman who came to drink, and eat. Please let me indulge in your human customs."

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:13 am

The ladies continued their conversation, Hawke smoking his pipe and minding his own business off to the side. See, Hawke could’ve interacted more with the lovely dark sylvan, but he liked to choose the battles he fought. And at that moment, he was in no mood to deal with her kind. They were rather harsh towards men, being a predominantly matriarchal race. Hey, it wasn’t his fault he had something between his legs and she didn’t, eesh. He couldn’t help but overhear the dark beauty asking about the smelly man, evidently wanting to know more information about him. He remained silent as the red headed lass answered the other woman, noting her aloofness. Didn’t want to give the Smelly Man away, huh? Not that he blamed her, seeing how dangerous the Dark Sylvan appeared, but Hawke thought differently.

“He headed down this street and towards the castle about five minutes ago... just saying,” he said, casually, pushing himself off the wall. He flicked the burnt tobacco out of his pipe, looked at the two women briefly, before escaping into the Blushing Maiden, not wanting to continue the conversation further.

~ ~ ~

The atmosphere in the tavern had returned to normal, almost as if the Smelly Man hadn’t interrupted in the first place. Well, aside from a faint lingering stench. Hawke passed the barkeep, briefly debating if he should ask him about the smelly man and their not so subtle interaction. He had to admit, he was a bit curious about what was going on....but he ended up shaking his head and dismissing the thought. “None of my damn business,” he muttered under his breath. Best not to go snooping in issues he didn’t want to deal with. Taking the stairs two at a time, he finally entered his room for the night, slamming the door unceremoniously behind him.

Before he could hunker down for the day and get completely shit faced, he needed to get some shopping out of the way. He opted to fully armour and equip himself. The streets were busy and there were a lot of little pickpockets and sketchy people about. He should know, as he was one of them. The more intimidating he looked, the less likely he’d be bothered in the streets. He donned his black leather armour, strapping the chest piece tightly around his torso, and sliding on his leather bracers and gloves. Around his head he slid on a black cowl, preferring to leave the hood down for the moment. All his coin and stolen jewelry was tucked securely inside his front belt pouch. His thieves tools in another pouch. Two sheathed long daggers were hung off his hips, one of which had a noticeably crimson red hue, the other a normal silver. Lastly, his bow and arrow quiver were slung around his back. There we go, a nice and proper rogue.

He exited his room, down the stairs, and back into the main room of the tavern. This time, people actively tried to get out of his way. Good. He left the tavern without any issue, but not before a quick sleight of hand swiped someone’s drink off a table. One for the road. First things first, he needed to hire the services of a goodie-two-shoe cleric. Nights at the brothel didn’t come without risks and he wasn’t going to wait and see if he developed anything. So, that is how Hawke found himself at the church and paying a cleric two pieces of gold to magically cleanse and heal his dirty little self. He left the church feeling much lighter and with a small hop in his step. It didn’t last, as bantering with merchants tended to piss him off. Especially when he knew they were trying to swindle him with higher prices.

Several hours later, Hawke had finished all his shopping and found himself back at the Blushing Maiden with a large backpack filled with goods slung over one shoulder. He had restocked his supplies and bought a few other things that would be needed for long days on the road. Yes, he actually bought them and spent most of his coin. He didn’t plan on staying in Astore for much longer. Tomorrow he was taking off. To where? He didn’t really know yet, that decision would come tomorrow. For now, he needed sleep and perhaps a good meal.

He ordered a meal and drink up to his room and quickly retired to it. Once all was said and done, sleep came quickly. Tomorrow was going to be a busy as all hell kind of day.

Cheanlenu

Post by Cheanlenu » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:21 am

At the top of the staircase Moon climbed is a three directional hall. The two halls that lead to the left, and to the right are long with four doors each. Three on the left side of the right hall, and one larger door at the end. Three on the right side of the left hall, and a larger door at the end of it. The hall in front of her was long, and ended in another staircase leading only up. There were no guards on this floor unlike the rest. Also unlike the rest of the halls these halls were more brightly lit. Walking down the hall to the left, Moon spies a man. He is wearing a ragged looking cloak, which barely had enough material to cover his back. Though strange enough to see this attire in the castle considering what the other people she had seen has been wearing. He is by himself, and does not appear to be doing anything that would denote he did not belong there. What is even more strange is the man is wrapped in a very unusual energy aura. Unlike the humans she has encountered thus far. His energy is more chaotic, and fluctuates between water, earth, and spirit. The spirit energy seems to be the cause of the chaos, and does not seem to be his. No it seems to belong to something far more powerful.

The man travels down the hall towards Moon, and when he comes within several feet of her he stops. He looks directly at her. His crystal blue eyes soft, and friendly. No hint of fear, or animosity in him. He speaks. "Why are you here? This is no place for a spirit. If you stay here you will be in great danger. Head north, as far as you can go. You will encounter a forest, and once inside follow her call. You will be safe there. Now I have much to do before tomorrow. I would take you, but I have greater obligations at the present. If you feel you can't make the journey safely, then head out the east gate of the city. In the underbrush near the wall are hidden wagons. They will be heading there tomorrow. Be safe." He continues down the hall to the other side, and finally goes through the door at the end.

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:47 am

Moon was about to make a protest to man but she whom warned her of the dangers here, but she quietly sighed, it is obvious he knows more of what is going on here than herself, even addressed her as a 'spirit'. Defeated, she turned towards the stairs and then stops to say one thing "don't do anything you might regret, your energy looks chaotic." She stated before heading down the stairs to prepare to leave the city. On way back to the study she managed to pick up a few items while staying out of sight, a bag with some clean clothes that have been Moon sized, a hairbrush, a bar of soap, and a bottle of aged red wine… thinking that it might come in use in the future. She isn’t much for stealing so she decides to leave behind the value of the items she took, a few gold pieces were set in the spots where the items came from, she thought it would be best used for the journey ahead. Eventually she makes it back to the study, where she was looking up about her kind and the world around her, as she thought it would be a good idea to take some books with her, sense this land is unknown to her. She rolls up a few maps and takes a couple books while placing them in the bag. She looks around for anything else to bring with but items of magic clearly cannot be found here, there’s history of the sort, but to study it is nearly impossible.

Eventually Moon headed out of the castle, her scythe is not in view and her eyes look normal as ever. Her bag is slung over her shoulder as she carries the supplies she ‘acquired’ from the castle. Moon heads for the “Blushing Maiden”, not thinking about it… she entered though the front door, only to pause, look around quickly while seeing a dark sylvan and a few others that Moon seen earlier. Letting out a quiet squeak she slowly leaves the Inn, then bolts off in the street towards the gate that the man in the castle talked about.

Moon finds the carts and dives in one before anyone took notice of her presence. She was scared, nervous, and felt out of place. All she could do was wrap herself around the bag she had with her and hug onto it to calm her nerves. All of this was a shock to her, seeing new people, faces, in a world that doesn’t welcome her kind or her abilities. She buries her face in the bag and slowly falls asleep from exhaustion.

kood

Post by kood » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Alain finishes with the cleaning and maintaining of his armor. He puts on his chest plate and left arms armor completely before tieing his helmet onto his belt, then finally sheathing his sword after checking for damage on his blade (finding little to none).

Alan leaves his room and heads back downstairs and immediately notices the change of atmosphere from happy and jolly to rather tense. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs and noticed the dark elf, he had heard of them and their feelings toward men. So he decided it was best to steer clear of her.

He returned his mug to the bartender and asked for another ale before finding an empty seat and slowly enjoying his drink In the now quiet tavern, he spent most of his time watching the other patrons, especially the dark elf in case she decided to do anything funky.

G.E.C.K.O.

Post by G.E.C.K.O. » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:02 pm

As Viscard was sitting there, drinking his drink he watched the people entering and exiting he noticed some faces he had seen before. He finished his drink and sat back in his stool.

Viscard was just thinking about leaving, when a dark elf came in accompanied by the girl and the guy, who had been puking, from earlier. He developed quite the interest in the peculiar trio. As many men moved away from them and left some of the tables, Viscard moved in to take a seat. He noticed many of the men look at him in a warning manner. He listened with interest.

malva

Post by malva » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:19 am

That smile sent shivers down Aelynn's spine and her heart skipped a beat when she was accused of lying. She bit her tongue to prevent anything stupid from slipping out. Great! I'm dead. Luckily she wore long sleeves, so no one could notice the goosebumps on Aelynns arms. As soon as the woman explained herself, relieve filled the girl's eyes. She even managed a confident smile but suspiciously raised an eyebrow when the dark sylvan talked about some plan she and the smelly man aka William had. What kind of plan was that? What were these two equally mysterious people involved in? With crossed arms, Aelynn listened to the woman's proposal. She was innately curious and intrigued by her new acquaintance, thus drowned the little reasonable voice in her head that had always been pretty weak anyway. You may call me anything you want, Aelynn thought for a split second but then pulled herself together again. Goodness, what's going on here?! "My pleasure. You can call me Aelynn. Or Lynn. Whatever." Smooth, Aelynn, very smooth. She shook her head and followed the grumpy, apathetic guy with her eyes as Liandril mentioned him. He had told the Dark Sylvan where the strange smelly man had went, but at least hadn't snitched on Aelynn. "Ha! I wish. Don't even have his name." She didn't know much about the woman and her people, but it was common knowledge, that the Dark Sylvan saw men as lesser beings. Naturally, Aelynn didn't agree with that statement, but she found a little amusement in the idea.

Even more so as after she had agreed to Liandril's proposal, and they entered the tavern together: All the guests left their chairs to make room for them. Aelynn knew the men only reacted to her new acquaintance, yet it felt amazing standing in front of all these people without hearing any insults or inappropriate comments. A grin decorated her face when she sat down opposite of Liandril.
The two women talked, drank and ate for some time, while Aelynn listened to every word and every information between the lines carefully. She didn't want to miss anything, and asked her questions immediately, as this had to be a very rare opportunity.
A lot of eyes rested on them, and probably even more ears were turned in their direction—Aelynn couldn't hold it against them since she definitely would've done it herself, though a lot less visible. The conversation drew to a close. After Liandril had left the tavern, Aelynn took care that she had a room for the night. The tavern keeper handed her a key immediately. No one here would dare to fight me, now that I know that woman.
Last edited by malva on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheanlenu

Post by Cheanlenu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Liandril sits back in her chair relaxing as she waits for a server to come. A few minutes pass, and the bravest girl the tavern has comes out from behind the counter. Her movements are cautious, and carefully planned. The obvious nervousness is written all over her as she slowly approaches. She supports a tray on her hip with two bottles, and two glasses on it. Her other hand is carrying two leather bound folders. When she gets closer to the table, Liandril turns to face her. Her right hand raises to her face, and she extends one finger to the bridge of her dark glasses which had been covering her eyes. She slowly lowers them on the bridge of her nose exposing her deep amethyst eyes, and white manicured eyebrows. She passes the woman a friendly smile, and says. "My dear you look all a fright. You approach like I am some vicious animal who has been cornered, and waiting to strike at you. You have nothing to fear. I am just a normal customer who wishes for good drink, food, and company. Besides I only bite on request." She smiles mischievously. "I am just a woman here to enjoy the festivities, and partake in human customs." Her eyebrows raise, and she turns looking at Aelynn. "Perhaps I may be mistaken, and it is my company that strikes such fear in you." She looks back at the server with a smile. "Worry not my dear. I swear on my honor, I shall protect you from my skillful companion. However you must keep our being here a secret. We are on a secret mission to save the daughter of a noble, from being ravaged by vicious criminals. I can't go into detail otherwise risking your safety. So for the sake of the innocent girl, and her surviving to see another tomorrow. Please be at ease, or our cover may be compromised. The criminals have eyes everywhere, and some may even be here now."

The server woman relaxes a little as she looks around cautiously. She slowly puts the bottles on the table, and places a glass in front of Aelynn, and Liandril. She is staring at a particularly mean looking man as she places the leather bound menus down. Liandril smiles at the girl patting her on the behind. "Thank you my dear, your kingdom thanks you, and the girl will to." She slips a couple coins into the front of the girls blouse into her exposed cleavage. She then picks up the menu, and scans it. She then looks at the girl, saying. "I think we will have the kings stew. William told me to truly enjoy human food I have to try the stew." She hands the girl back the menus, the girl nods saying. "I will make sure the chef makes his best for you." She smiles then takes her leave. All the while staring at the man who looks rather rough. Liandril looks back at Aelynn with a smile saying. "That is how it is done my dear. Though on the benefit to you. A little rumor may keep some of them off your back. It would be a shame if you could not enjoy your time here as well." She opens a bottle, and pours herself and Aelynn a full glass. She picks up her glass saying. "William told me this is a human custom. He called it a toast. Here is to William being wrong about tomorrow." She lifts her glass towards Aelynn, and clanks it to hers. She then downs the entire glass, and says. "Hmm not bad, be it on the weaker side."

After about fifteen minutes the server comes back holding a tray. The tray holds two huge bowls of steaming stew, a plate of fresh steaming rolls, and a small bowl of green herbs with salt. The server girl is still staring at the man as she walks back to the table. Her walk this time is more confident, and a strut in her step as she approaches. She smiles politely at the two as she sets the bowls of stew in front of them, then the plate of rolls, and lastly the small bowl of herbs with salt. She looks at Liandril saying. "The chef recommended the herbs with the stew, and said it will bring out the true delight of its flavor." Liandril smiles back at the girl, saying. "Thank you my dear, and be sure to thank your chef for me. That is very kind to think extra of a customer." She places fifteen gold to one side of the tray, and slips a couple more into the serving girls hand saying. "Please keep the extra, and this is for your chef. I am sure they do not get tips. You should take tomorrow off, and take a relaxing trip to the countryside." The serving woman looks a little confused, but then suddenly winks at Liandril. Liandril smiles back at her and swats her butt gently. The girl giggles as she dances off towards the kitchen again. Liandril looks at the stew, and then at Aelynn saying. "I hope your hungry. This is truly a great deal of food." She laughs.

Celia Rose

Post by Celia Rose » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Image Celia followed Maria quietly, curious as who that man was. She followed her into the dining hall and noticed her parents already there and coming over. She smiled lightly and returned the hug to both of them. "Thank you... and I am glad that I've been able to make you both proud of me. I do the best I can... and I hope I keep making you both proud." she smiled a little more before making her move towards her seat near her parents. Image

Cheanlenu

Post by Cheanlenu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:27 pm

Once both her parents were seated, and Celia as well the servers brought in the carts with dinner. They were having Celia's favorite dinner tonight, and her mother pulled out all the stops. She made sure to supervise, and also assist the cooks in preparing tonight's dinner. After all it is only once in a lifetime that her little girl will be eighteen. Her mothers face beamed with the joy she was feeling, as their light conversation continued through dinner. Both her father and mother took turns reminiscing over embarrassing stories from her childhood. As the dinner draws to a close, and the conversation tapers off. Her mother is the first to rise, and come over to Celia. She gives her little girl probably the tightest hug she has ever received. This hug was different than the ones she had received before from her mother. This hug was almost like a goodbye, but then again tomorrow she becomes an adult. Tears fill her mothers eyes, as she looks upon her daughter once more. She says, "My little girl all grown up. A proud young lady, and soon proud young woman. Tomorrow the entire kingdom will be here to wish you a happy birthday, and to bear witness to their future queen. I prey the gods bless you as we have been blessed." She sighs dotting her eyes with a handkerchief Celia had given her for her last birthday. "Now I have some important business to attend to before tomorrow. I would so wish to stay with you all night. Rest well my little princess. I will see you on the morrow." She kisses Celia on the forehead, and heads out. Her father comes over giving her a big bear hug saying. "Ah my little princess is all grown up. No more sneaking you into meetings to tease the diplomats. No more playing hide and seek with the royal nights, and causing the marshal to almost have a heart attack. No more putting glue on the advisors seats, and watching them try to get the chairs off without losing their pants. Tomorrow you become the kingdoms crowned princess, and one day its queen. I am so proud of you Celia. I can not even put into words how blessed we are with you in our lives." He kisses the her forehead. "Lets get some sleep. We both have a big day tomorrow, and a whole day of celebration" He hugs her once more. "Good night my little princess." He then leaves.

The following morning finally arrives, and as the first rays of light peek through the windows. Maria, and Alissa come into princess Celia's room to rouse her. They bring with her breakfast, and as she eats tend to her hair preparing her dress for the day. After breakfast is over they help Celia get into her dress, and put the finishing touches on her hair. Her jeweled tiara is the last to be placed on her head, and is affixed with pins to hold it into place. The two of them step back, and take one last look of admiration of princess Celia. Both with tears in their eyes take Celia's hands. Maria takes her right hand, and Alissa takes her left hand. They both lead her out of her room, and down the long hall to the main stairs. There at the top of the stairs are her mother and father. They are both dressed in their finest, and wearing their crowns. They smile at Celia's approach, as Maria, and Alissa both let go of Celia's hands letting her move to her parents sides. The bow to her parents as they move back down the hall, back towards Celia's room. Her father takes her left hand, and her mother takes her right. They begin their descent down the main stairs, and at the bottom, all of the royal knights are lined up to either side of the stairs. They are even lined up around the room filling it with highly polished armor standing almost like statues. Once they reach the bottom all the knights draw their swords, and salute them. The motion is almost instant, and in perfect sync.

(Meanwhile at the same time outside the castle) The courtyard in front of the castle is filled to the seams with guests looking forward to catch a glimpse of Princess Celia. Standing room only in the giant courtyard, and by the looks of it there has to be at least three thousand people jammed into the area. Very little room to move around, if any at all. Even the guards are having a hard time filtering around the crowd. Outside the main entrance to the castle, the royal knights have formed a semi-circle to protect the royal family in their address. They are holding the crowd back nearly fifty feet from the entrance. People can be seen filling roof tops, children sitting on their parents shoulders, and merchants making their way through the crowd selling refreshments. The entire city is alight with excitement for the grand entrance, and the opening of the festival. Soon after the sun reaches over the top of the buildings within the city, and the first light slowly rises up the grand doors to the castle. The doors begin to open slowly. All the royal knights outside suddenly stand at attention, and one shouts. "All hail King Edward, Queen Alexandria, and Princess Celia!" The crowd loses it, and roaring cheers are heard. One would think they could be heard at the far ends of the kingdom. Streamers fly through the air, and confetti fly from the rooftops dusting the crowd. The king, and Queen exit first arms raised waving to the people gathered there. Smiles alight their faces as they greet the crowd, and cheers. Shortly behind them is Princess Celia.

Suddenly the king stops in his tracks as princess Celia hears a scream of an arrow. A dull thud as the sound of it striking flesh is heard. The king stumbles letting go of Celia's hand. The queen screams in horror, and lets go of Celia's hand. The knights rush to protect them, but not before a second arrow screams striking the queen in the chest. Screams of horror can be heard from the crowd gathered closest to the castle, and soon the screams filter back through the crowd. Before Celia is even able to act, a set of strong arms grabs her from behind, pulling her back inside away from the door. As she is spun around the person quickly shuts the doors, but not before another arrow scream is heard. The sound however is different. There is a dull thud, but also a metal sound following it. By the time Celia can regain her step the man grabs her shoulders, and says. "Time to go princess. You are not safe here anymore." He then hoists her up over his shoulder, and takes off up the main stairs. He shouts to the royal knights in the room. "The king and queen have been killed. Get the people to safety. The city is under attack." He tosses a ring to the floor in front of them. On the climb Celia would notice that the ring is her mothers signet ring, and the man carrying her is the same man she met the night before in the spiral stairwell. His smell however is far different than it was then. He smells like a fresh bubbling brook now. Almost like pure clean water after a fresh rain.

(Meanwhile outside the castle in the courtyard) The gates leading into the courtyard come crashing down, and trap all the people there inside the open area. Arrows begin to rain down from above, and over buildings. People start getting hit, and falling over tripping other people. The crowd begins to panic, as they try to escape the caged death they now face. People begin to knock over other people in their frantic attempt to escape. Smaller children knocked off their parents shoulders get trampled under the frantic people. The smell of blood fills the air, and another volley of arrows fly, and the people scream in horror as they notice the arrows are on fire. People begin ducking, and pushing people to get away. Arrows begin to strike, and now flaming bodies fall to the ground. Those who did not die run around in panic, and begin to light others on fire. Buildings begin to catch, and the fire begins to spread. Several more volleys launch lighting more of the courtyard in flames. The once joyous occasion now filled with horror. The air that was filled with scents of food, now filled with blood and burning flesh. Trapped like rats with no where to go, and no way out the people fall one after another. The smoke grows thick, and the heat takes its toll. People begin falling to the after effects of the flames, and slowly die from being cooked to death, and suffocating on the smoke. The guards and knights are trying their best to save as many as they can. They finally open the castle doors and shout to the people to get inside. However as they open the doors several armed men rush out, and stab the knights closest to the doors through the chest. They then begin attacking the rest of the distracted knights.

(Meanwhile inside the rest of the city) Armed men begin rushing through the city, and attacking anyone that gets in their way. Killing men, women, and children. They start tossing torches into buildings lighting them aflame. Blazes begin to rush through the city, and screams of horror now echo through the once joyous streets. The smell of blood, and burning flesh now fills the air where once the smells of food and drink filled. All around bodies lie in pools of blood in the streets. The decorations covered in sprays of blood, and flames from the fires. The city is crippled in a state of panic, and horror. Guards rush to aid citizens, but only to find themselves at the ends of blades.