Winged Ones [Arkania]

Erka97

Re: Winged Ones [Arkania]

Post by Erka97 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:30 am

"It probably would have been safer to wait, but I'm glad to be out." Jack said, "At least there's somebody else who's going to get it worse than you. I'm sure James is going to come down hard on whoever started that fire. He probably won't forget about you entirely, but it's a start." He added. She'd done some unsafe things and put the whole group and herself in some risk, but at least she hadn't directly done anything that almost killed several people -and probably did kill at least some experiments that didn't get out.

"I don't remember exactly, but we can definitely look through the files I sent over.. I can't imagine they've gone through it all in detail yet." He said. He'd sent over as many files as he could download safely, an amount that would probably take a long while to go through -especially when the focus was preparing for a raid. "I take it you're wanting to find him and get him out, wherever he is?" He asked. For those who still knew people on the inside, it wasn't an uncommon want and he found it extremely relatable - he would feel the same if he'd had to leave anyone to live a life like that.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 am

No matter how she looked at it, it really would have been safer to wait. What she did was incredibly reckless and selfish. But with the possibility of finding information on her brother on the line, she couldn't wait any longer than she already did. It was just the way she was when anything regarding her brother came up. Regardless, what was done was done and she'd own up to the consequences when the time came. She once again glanced over at Jack and grinned slightly. Well, he was right about one thing... whomever set the fire was definitely in hotter water than she was....maybe.

"Of course I want to rescue him," she answered, a stubborn look in her eyes. "The only reason he's still in there is because he sacrificed himself to let me escape. So, I'll stop at nothing to find him." There was conviction in her voice, along with a fierce determination. She would rescue her brother, the only question was when.

There was a moment of silence then, before she sighed, having realized she made the atmosphere all intense...something that wasn't needed after what they had just been through. Besides, Jack was a pretty cool guy so far and she was surprised she had never really spoke with him before. "Hopefully your files will have something. And thanks for being a pretty good spy," she smiled, once again looking out the window. "But damn, we need to find you a better outfit," she chuckled. He was still in his white t-shirt and underwear. (I assume he is?! We can scratch this if he's not lmao)

Erka97

Post by Erka97 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:11 am

"He sounds like a good guy, I'll help get him if I can." Jack said. He did owe her, and besides nobody deserved to live their entire life in a place like that. He hoped that his files did have some useful information for her, and felt somewhat bad about being unable to give her any answers himself. If he was honest he hadn't even read most of the files he'd taken -there were simply too many of them.

"I was almost a good spy... I did get caught, but then again I wasn't going to watch them torture a little kid." He commented, then glanced down at his own clothing. Well, that was embarrassing. He'd forgot until now about the underwear and white shirt he was wearing, too busy escaping to think about his state of dress. Not only that, but his clothing as well as the rest of him was now singed and streaked with ash from the fire. That must have been pretty ridiculous for the others to see while he was helping to organize them on to the buses.
"That, and a shower." He agreed, trying to wipe some of the ash from his face without getting it into his eyes, "Then again, I could say the same to you." He added, considering her own soot streaked appearance and torn shirt.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Mon May 27, 2019 4:43 pm

She merely smiled in response when he said he was 'almost' a good spy. That was why she said he was a ‘pretty good one’. Not a great one, only a pretty one. Of course, she was only teasing him a little. She believed him to be a very good spy and if she were in his situation, she would have probably done the exact same thing. In fact, it probably took a lot of strength to be able to watch the scientists and observe them in their experiments while keeping up his disguise. Ophelia didn't think she could've held out as long as Jack did. So maybe he was a better spy than she had initially gave him credit for. “I think you made the right choice,” she said, sincerely. Sometimes there was a line that was crossed that was unacceptable. In Jack’s case, it was the little girl being tortured. One day, she hoped to make all the scientist pay for what they had done and what they were still doing.

On a cheerier note, she just had to poke fun at his choice of clothing. Now that the raid was over and done with, being in a soot stained shirt and some underwear was too funny. How did she not burst out laughing before?! Seeing his embarrassment, she couldn’t help but laugh at him. All giggled out, she wiped a hang over her eyes, causing ash to spread even more over her face, and then nodded in agreement. “Oh, I cannot wait for a shower,” she said, longing for one. She felt a little ridiculous herself with her torn shirt, dirty face, and even her blonde hair had black streaks of ash in it. “But at least I have pants,” she stated, matter of fact. Poor Jack. She reached her hands up to take her long hair out of its high ponytail, trying in vain to get the soot out of it. It was pointless. Oh, well.

The bus continued to roll down the bumpy road, the night sky still dark. Ophelia didn’t even know what time it was, but she knew that she was incredibly tired. She had spoke to Jack for a while longer, until a hushed silence fell naturally over the occupants of the bus. It seemed everyone’s exhaustion was catching up to them. Ophie had her cheek cupped in her hand, her eyes slowly getting heavier. She did not want to fall asleep, so it was clear she was fighting it. But it seemed the sounds of slumber were winning the battle, as her head began to do the classical nodding off. Soon enough, she was completely asleep, her chest rising and falling in a rhythmic fashion. There was a bump in the road that caused Ophelia to slump over to the side, her head coming to rest right on Jack’s shoulder.

Erka97

Post by Erka97 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:17 am

"Thanks." He said, glad that at least she didn't see him as a failure, even though he'd sort of failed. He was supposed to keep spying, and then be their inside man for the raid and do things like open doors remotely for the others. It was too bad, but he was glad things had gone okay in the end. He'd only been captured and then almost died, and everyone else still seemed alive.

He couldn't help but chuckle a bit in response as she laughed at him, though he did look a bit insulted and embarrassed to be laughed at. Way to add insult to injury, but then again he was aware of how crazy he probably looked.
"Not my fault, they took my pants. I looked pretty good before that." He said, or so he'd been told by others. "And besides, at least I don't look like a raccoon." He added. His face was dirty, sure, but at least not in such a funny pattern. He blinked and rubbed at his eyes again as he spoke with her. They felt dry and gritty from the fire, only worse because of the colored contacts he was still wearing to turn the unusual gold of his eyes to a much more normal brown. He couldn't wait to get those out, hoping no damage had been done.

Soon enough Ophelia fell quiet and he stopped talking as well, seeing that she was clearly as tired as he felt -if not more. He remained awake, keeping quiet watch over everyone as she fell asleep. It was only when a bump caused her to nearly fall over -onto him- that his attention returned to her. She was kind of cute when she slept, her appearance softened, and he kept very still to avoid disturbing her. It wasn't long before they arrived at their destination.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Tue May 28, 2019 3:28 am

When she slept, she looked peaceful and serene. Even behind the dirt and grime from the fire, one could tell she was quite beautiful. She had long lashes and full lips, which were slightly parted as she breathed in and out. Paired with her blonde hair and white-like wings, she was almost like an innocent angel....but her personality definitely did not match her appearance.

She slept deeply for the rest of the drive, her head still resting lightly against Jack's shoulder. It was very sweet of him to keep perfectly still and let her sleep, especially when he must have been tired himself. There was one moment where she even cuddled up a against him, subconsciously seeking warmth. It didn't last long though, as the moment the bus stopped moving, Ophelia began to stir.

Her eyes fluttered opened and once she realized whose shoulder she was leaning on, she abruptly sat up. Now it was her turn to be embarrassed. "Wow, haha...sorry about that," she said to Jack, thankful the darkness hid her faint blush. "I didn't think I'd fall asleep. You should've pushed my big head away," she joked, clearly wishing she had stayed awake. Oh man, she fell asleep on Jack...so embarassing!

Thankfully, they had arrived at the destination and it was the perfect escape. With an awkward shuffle, she slid past Jack, before exiting the bus. Fresh air! Really, fresh air. "Cool," she said, under her breath. They were at an old ski resort, called Harper Mountain. But by the look of the sign, it was in a minor state of disrepair, likely abandoned. Until now that is. She had never been to a ski resort before, especially not in the summer, but she already really liked their new residence. What could be better than being up in the mountains and away from the noisy city?

Erka97

Post by Erka97 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:52 am

Jack didn't do much for the rest of the ride, just sitting still and letting her sleep. He glanced at her from time to time, just letting her do as she wanted until the bus finally stopped and she woke up. He had to admit, it was kind of nice.

When she did wake up, he couldn't help but laughing a little at the reversal of roles. She was clearly embarrassed now. "It's alright, I really didn't mind." He told her as he followed her off the bus. James and Doc had been speaking of relocating the larger group of experiments James led, their previous home having been full. This place must have been found very last minute, and yet it seemed perfect. Some repairs were needed, but he was almost jealous of those who would be living here permanently. Even in the dark it was nice, and the clean air and distance from the city definitely helped.

After landing or getting out of their vehicles in the parking lot, they all herded towards the main central building of the place. While the raid was going on, those less inclined to fighting or too young or weak to do so had been busy preparing. A medical area was set up, food was cooking, and there was an area for everyone to eat and rest for the night.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Tue May 28, 2019 6:43 am

The main building was structured in the syle of a log cabin, which really gave it the mountain lodge feeling. It was large and spacious and had a large fireplace in the common room for those cold, chilly nights. Ophelia was very impressed with their new lodgings. They had only been there for a few minutes and she had decided that it was her favorite place thus far. She explored for a moment or two, before the smell of cooking food wafted in her direction. Immediately she meandered over to the source and was presented with a big plate of food to satiate her grumbling stomach. A good raid always left one hungry.

She found a corner to eat in and busied herself with reading a brochure about the old ski hill they now owned. It had two ski lift chairs on the south and north side of the mountains with plenty of cross country and alpine skiing trails throughout. There were also several other buildings scattered about that used to be small hotels for guests to stay in. In the summer time Harper Mountain was most famous for their Alpine Flower hike. There was so much potential here. It really was the perfect place for them.

After she had finished her meal, Doc had quickly patched up the cut on her forehead before giving her the all clear. Perfect. Now all she wanted to do was have a nice hot shower.

Erka97

Post by Erka97 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:42 pm

The first thing Jack did when he got inside was locate the building's bathroom. He washed his hands and face in the sink first, and then removed the contacts from his eyes. They still felt uncomfortable, like they were dry and had dust or something in them, but it was an improvement.

He then went and got some food, before going to see Doc. Doc patched up his burns and checked his bruises, luckily his injuries were very minor. Doc told Jack that there were hotel like rooms upstairs where he could take a shower, and he was welcome to find something in the pile of clothing that the group had brought for the new rescues to change into.

On his way to find clothes, he noticed a map on the wall showing the layout of the place. Besides this one, there were several other buildings that served like hotels, and then beyond that some much smaller cabins that were once rented out to guests. They seemed like good, private places to stay for the older members of the group that had paired off and might want privacy from the rest of the group, while the larger buildings were perfect for everyone else to stay in, and this building itself would be great for meetings, meals, and other functions where everyone was involved.

He saw Ophelia and went to tell her where the showers are, as Doc had told him to tell her as well, he himself having been too busy dealing with the other injured and sick people to remember to tell her earlier when she was getting her cut looked at.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Wed May 29, 2019 3:56 am

The next thing on her to do list was to shower, find a change of clothes, and then find some where to crash for the night. Usually when they went on raids and jumped homes, they had people responsible for bringing the raid member's perosnal belongings over to the new destination, especially when they had to relocate suddenly. Fortunately, Ophelia didn't have many perosnal belongings, but she was thrilled to see her bag had been brought over with all her clothes and belongings in it. Now she was ready for that shower.

Thankfully, Jack had found her amongst the chaos and told her exactly what she wanted to hear. "Read my mind," she said, smiling in appreciation. "Thanks, I think I'll go do that before there's a crazy line up." She noticed his eyes were a different colour. They were warmer and she kinda preferred them this way. Oh boy, why was she even thinking of his eye colour anyway? Shaking her head to herself, she dragged her bag up the stairs and found a private room at the end of the hall.

Closing and locking the door with a click, she opened her bag, found some pjs to wear...which consisted of an oversized white shirt and black cotton short shorts...stripped, and then promptly hopped into the shower. The warm water felt like heaven, Ophelia sighing in contentment. She probably spent at least 30 minutes in the shower, washing off all the spot and from the raid. When she was done, she packed up her stuff again and exited the room. It would be so nice when she finally had her own space...for now everything had to be shared. Very annoying.

Dressed in her sleepwear, one shoulder exposed due to the size of the shirt, she stifled a yawn as she made her way back into the common area. It was a bit quieter now that everyone was somewhat settled. She found a cushioned chair to sit one, the blonde wondering where she'd be sleeping for the night. Honestly, with how tired she was, she'd even settle for the couch.