Madeline’s Academy for Gifted Children [CK]

Venus
Silver

Re: Madeline’s Academy for Gifted Children [Spanchez]

Post by Venus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:14 am

Lucas had surprisingly remained alone. In fact, he was sitting by the dummy quietly when he heard Oscar shout and then the dummy come flying through the air. Lucas scrambled up, and glancing at his own dummy, flicked his lighter on. His dummy was encased in a ring of fire and only then did he run to retrieve the dummy Oscar had thrown, dragging it the rest of the way just as Wolf ran to the scene, Heather and Jasmine on his heels. Their was another sound of a canon, and then Boomer’s voice rang out. “Suck on that Eric!” He yelled.

Heather yelled excitedly, running into her boyfriend’s arms. Dash came jogging out from the trees, holding Damon up who had a busted up lip and a twisted ankle. Although they were all in rough shape, they all high fived each other, yelling and whooping and most of all — congratulating Oscar who had won the game.

Meanwhile, Prim slid off Xian, falling onto the grass on her back with her arms extended. Her middle hurt, and taking breaths was becoming increasingly painful. She stared up at the sky, the twinkling stars winking back at her. Although they had won the game, she wasn’t happy. The anxiety in her stomach had grown. She rub her eyes and although she hadn’t been tired or particularly injured, everything faded to black.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:26 am

Oscar exhausted laughed and shook his head shouting over everyone “This is a team game! One person can not win the game!” He explained and rubbed that back of his neck. He shuffled to his feet. His eye turning purple he slightly poked at it and flinched at the pain. He sighed and cleaned his already filthy clothes. This was one wild night and he knew this was just the beginning. And with these people around him he had more than enough coming into his story.
People often remark that I’m pretty lucky. Luck is only important in so far as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you’ve got to have talent and know how to use it. – Frank Sinatra

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:42 am

After Prim fainted, the game had been canceled. She had been rushed out of field and taken to the Health Center, where it was discovered she had two broken ribs and a concussion. Several students had been questioned, and everyone had said what Prim had told them to say in case of anything like this — she fell down stairs. Although they couldn’t explain their own wounds, and the staff couldn’t punish all the students for lying, they had brushed it off and accepted their lie.

As everyone had walked back to the dorms, they had all congratulated Oscar. There was a lot of pats on the back, high fives, fist bumps, but also there had been a lot of glares and dirty looks — specifically from Eric and his friends. Bunny had even boldly taken Oscar’s hand, beaming at the new boy’s sudden popularity.

It wasn’t until early next morning that Prim opened her eyes. Her chest and stomach were bandaged up, and her head was killing her. She immediately spotted Damon, who was sitting in the arm chair in a corner of the room, still dressed in last night’s clothing. She glanced around the room, trying to remember what had happened. Her hair was a tangled mess on her head, and she was pretty sure she had broken a rib. Blinking rapidly, she grabbed something from the small nightstand next to her hospital bed — a pen — and threw it at Damon.

“Yo,” She said, watching as the groggy boy glanced around. “What time is it? What happened?”

“What do you mean what happened?” He said, rubbing his eyes. “You broke two ribs and hit your head. You’re in the health center.”

“Not what happened to me, what happened in the game? Who won?”

Damon stared at her incredulously, shaking his head slowly. “You’re in the hospital and all you care about is that stupid game?” Prim waited, raising a brow. “We won. Or Oscar won. He dragged the thing to our hostage line.”

Prim nodded, laying her head back down against her pillow. Although she hadn’t wanted Oscar to win specifically, a win was a win. She could only imagine how it had all gone down. She knew that when she won everyone freaked. Everyone treated her like royalty. She felt jealousy bubble up in her chest, but she quickly shoved it down. He had helped her, he had gotten that tree off her. If he hadn’t, she most likely would have sat there helpless and Eric would have won the game.

In her head, the debt was repayed. She’d let Oscar have this.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:53 am

Oscar accepted the praise but tried to congratulate everyone else as well. He had know that no one could win alone. He blushed when Bunny grabbed his hand but he didn't push he away. He held it firmly back, he looked at those who glared and shrugged. He didn't show any mercy, a win is a win. Oscar had to wear an eyepatch for a bit and he would often get called pirate a lot by friends which he would just laugh it off. His eye had taken quite the damage during the game but like the rules he accepted it and was settling with his right. Today was a new day and his classes started which he was excited about. His first class was even his favorite! Music. But first he headed to the cafe for breakfast knowing it was important to get food in your system before a long day of classes. Plus he needed a little time to relax and regenerate. He had pushed himself yesterday and he was still a little shaky at moments because his muscles were sore.
People often remark that I’m pretty lucky. Luck is only important in so far as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you’ve got to have talent and know how to use it. – Frank Sinatra

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:19 am

Bunny, Heather, and Lucas were the first to arrive to the Dining Hall, sitting at their usual table talking amongst themselves. Heather looked like a wreck, and she wanted to track down Meredith as soon as she could to get some of her wounds treated. Amy came in next, energetic as always as she practically skipped to the line.

“Good morning!” She said as she found herself behind Oscar at the line. “How’s your eye?”

Prim on the other side of the school was nibbling on a muffin. Damon had left to shower and change and get his own breakfast, so the girl now sat alone. She wouldn’t be discharged until later that day, but she was hoping that Meredith would come along and get her patched up.

Setting the muffin down on the tray in her lap, she ran a hand through her tangled curls. She had homework and classes, but most of all she wanted to see if she had been replaced with Oscar. It was odd, never in her life had she worried about status or popularity, but now there she was, struggling to remain relevant.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:30 am

Oscar shuffled through the line picking out relatively healthy food and drink. He was trying to gain his strength. But when Amy came up he turned and smiled “Oh hey! Yeah no its all good, just problems with like the cornea or whatever the hell” he laughed and shook his head “Fuck, I don't know how the eye works” he laughed and shrugged. He got to the end of the line and looked at the cashier “Um I’ll take hers too” he tilted his head towards Amy paying for her breakfast along with his own. He pulled out his wallet and gave him cash and asked to put the change in his account. He smiled and took his tray and started towards the table that was brightly talking among themselves. He slid in by Bunny and leaned on the table and smiled at everyone “Hows our crew doing? Anyone dying?” He joked and smirked picking up his banana and peeling it.

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:41 am

“Aw, thank you!” Amy said, beaming as the boy paid for her breakfast. Together they walked toward their table. Amy plopped down next to Heather, immediately digging into her yogurt.

Bunny smiled at Oscar and scooted closer, smirking at his joke although Heather didn’t find it funny. “Well I wouldn’t say dying, but Prim is in the Health Center,” She said, glancing at Lucas. “We were about to go see her after breakfast. She broke two ribs and more than likely has a concussion. She’s awake now and seems to be doing fine, Damon stayed with her all night.”

Amy sighed, swallowing a mouthful of yogurt. “Prim will be fine but it’s probably best we don’t tell anyone. They’ll freak and blame Eric. Her phone was going off all night I had to turn it off. It’s not like her to get so hurt during a game.”

“That’s probably because her mind wasn’t all that focused on the game,” Lucas said, setting down his bagel. He gave Oscar a knowing look. “During the game yesterday she seemed off. I don’t want to start rumors or gossip, but she was probably super distracted.”

Amy frowned, leaning over to look at Lucas. “Distracted? No way. I know Prim better than anyone. She’s my best friend. I would have known if something was up.”

Lucas shrugged, picking up his bagel. He glanced at Oscar, knowing that the boy more than likely knew what was going on with Prim. He’d have to mention it to Damon later, or talk to Prim himself. Although he liked Oscar, Lucas adored Prim. They all did. They had all been friends for years, and he wasn’t going to let anyone get away with bothering Prim.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:56 am

Oscar watched as the table went all tense. His face went dull and he nodded knowing that Primrose’s injuries were dangerously bad. But he also knew that being in Health Care she would get the attention needed to her wounds “Im sure she is okay. I would go see her but she doesn't like me and don't want her flipping out on me trying to see her. However I would want to wish her to get well soon. So last night before I went to the nurse I walked to the closest store and picked up a small card. I had known Prim was hurt that night and I cant help but feel guilty. If everyone could please sign it and someone please take it to her when they go” He pulled out a pen and in fine cursive wrote his name. Then he slid it next to him to Bunny and laid the pen down with it. He took a bite of his eggs and a sip of his orange juice.

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Heather raised a brow, exchanging looks with Amy. “She doesn’t like you? Where did you get that from? Prim likes everyone. Well unless you’re Kate.”

“But that’s for good reason,” Amy said, nodding. “Kate bullies her through her whole childhood. Prim doesn’t dislike anyone for no reason.”

Bunny pursed her lips, grabbing the card and signing her own name. Although she didn’t really care for Prim anymore, she remained silent. She was on Oscar’s side, although she could tell that he didn’t care for taking Prim down as she did. It was obvious that he had just mentioned Prim being at the top and regarded as the best student simply because he wanted things to be fair. Not because he wanted to take it away from Prim. But Bunny had other plans.

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:38 pm

Oscar shrugged and shoved another bite of his food and chewed slowly “Maybe Im the reason she has been so....off lately” he mumbled almost in a whisper as he looked down at his tray and remained quiet. He sighed and just kept to himself in hopes that he wouldn't ruin or mess up the thing this school was living off of which was practically Primrose Baker. He thought it be best he start laying low. But who could blame him for winning the Capture last night? His team wanted to win! Baker, wanted to win! So didn't he give her just what she wanted?