Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

Guy of G

Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

Post by Guy of G » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:16 am

I am Vector Prime and once again the Universe has been tangled by the perils of the Unicron Singularity. Thanks to the actions of a mad machine and an opulent hedonist of godlike power, the multiverse has been thrown to utter chaos. Realities where Evolved Dinosaurs war to seize the Earth, which they believe is their birthright, crash into ones plagued by hostile Alien beings ravaging the Earth and plunders its Human populace as prey, material or soldiers while mankind is caught in between them and struggle for the mere right to exist upon the planet. In the Stars, the intergalactic offshoots of humanity wage war with each other and any aliens they encounter for dominance over the known universe, lighting the very galaxy ablaze with the flames of war. As for my own race, the Cybertronians; we edge nearer and nearer to extinction due to the threat of not only Unicron's Black hole but the dark ambitions of Megatron, threatening to engulf our future in darkness in the name of his mad quest for godhood...

"Protector I fear this situation is too great for even the Alternity to handle alone, let alone the Transcendent Technomorphs."

"I see now... This universe's state is even more disfigured than even Convoy had described." a Black Transformer wearing a blue scarf with a form of the autobot insignia it stood before the Ancient Prime.

"Which Convoy? Have we met before?"

"You've met, and will meet. Knowing how you work, you might have even met his present version by now."

"Oh, it's another situation like you then."

"Something like that Deity."

"Oh do avoid the formalities, I am merely Vector Prime to you. Everyone native to this universe calls me that here."

"I still owe you a great deal for helping us during the Beast wars. Megatron would have permanently changed the timeline if not for you saving the life of Optimus Prime from behind the scenes."

"Humph, That is ancient history, literally. You and your counterpart are still one of the greatest heroes Cybertron has known next to Optimus Prime and my brothers. Despite being a remnant of a ruined timeline, you are a great hero in your own right, do not sell yourself short."

"These Dinosaurs, I’ve studied their ploys and their technology and it seemed to exclusively focus on terraforming the Earth, what exactly do they want?"

"The complete destruction of Humanity. Eons ago the Energy known as Getter rays forced their civilization underground as the Rays were extremely harmful to their biological processes. Their flight deep into the Earth’s crust giving rise to their incarnation of Humanity in their absence."

"And these Getter Rays are what exactly?"

"Life. It represents the same attribute as my father, of change; of evolution. It chose the Getter Machine pilots just as Primus chose all of us, it pushes mankind to evolve to new unfathomable heights."

"Is it dangerous?"

"Its hard to explain. It has sentience and I believe it may be possible to reason with it if communication on whatever wavelength it operates in can be done. I think even it may realize the state of this universe is not natural and ergo a threat to humanity itself. It would be hard to define it as good or evil, it simply is."

"One tall order that’s for sure... Next I saw these strange creatures swarming everywhere. Communications called them BETA or something?"

"Dubbed by the Humans Beings of Extraterrestrial origins That is An enemy of the human race. As you’ve already noticed, they are organic machines who exist only to mine and refine resources for their Creators, aloof and careless Silicon-based life-forms hailing from outside of the Milky Way Galaxy."

“Huh good to know Humans never stopped their love of silly acronyms. Better one then B.O.T at least. Though not by much."

"In addition there is the Ethereal race and their slaves, who had fled the destruction of their Home sector due to a destructive storm of chaotic and otherworldly energy and have now deemed the Solar System as their new home and seek to remove or enslave anything that would say otherwise. Calling themselves ADVENT, they currently Occupy a large portion of North America, Greenland and the North Pole. In addition, Megatron periodically sends out his Decepticons to scout for the Cyber Planet Keys and Omega lock."

"What’s the strategy for playing keepaway from the Cons?"

"We need access to all Cyber keys and the Omega lock to awaken my father Primus. Only then can we begin the slow, painful labor to undo the damage dealt to reality."

"Easier said than done Elder Prime."

"The mainstay human factions include the Americas of three branches of Reality, the Getter reality, the BETA reality and the Cosmic Era reality, united in a fragile alliance under the umbrella of the Atlantic Federation or in the official name of their Armed forces: OMNI. Their main goal is to retake North America from ADVENT, no matter the cost or the method to do so.

The UN, typically a bloated and corrupt entity in most universes where no existential threat to mankind exists; is a dauntless and spirited faction of brave and self-sacrificing defenders, the sole guardians of Mankind in the Final Frontier of Space. Not only is it It is composed of the versions of UN from both the Getter universe and the BETA one, it incorporates numerous other universal branches and even a sizable amount of Dimensional Vagrants, who have been cut off from their home worlds and lead a truly lonesome existence.

And lastly there is the Free Pact Alliance or the FPA. Formerly the European Union of this world, it has made a drastic change in image and organization in wake of the BETA making landfall in Russia and consuming the country, forcing the Russians to consume their own lands in nuclear hellfire as a final act of defiance against the Alien horde. It merely delayed the inevitable and the alien miners soon bore down on Western Europe. Fortunately, the Europeans of the BETA reality alongside with those from another world, where the FPA originated from were there to meet them and thus a stalemate formed between the two. Originally, the FPA was formed against the Democratic Republic of Great Zogilia; but it appears that only the FPA survived the transition to this new world.”

"Fascinating. "

"Finally pockets of the Intergalactic Imperium of man lay scatted within this world. Aggressively pursuing isolation due to equal parts of paranoia, xenophobia and a dogmatic and fundamentalist creed dictating that any and all who are not of them are to be treated with hatred. They are of a society as war ravaged as our own where brutality and the laughter of thirsting Dark gods are the norm."

"Like the Chaos Bringer?"

"Yes, they have been in endless warfare with rival races and godlike entities embodying a psychic phenomenon called the warp for Millenia."

"By Primus..."

"Of all the factions of humanity here, they will be the most difficult to negotiate with."

"No kidding."

"I think the most negotiable one may be one of the few Imperials who have gone outside of the confines of their massive cities or are afforded a degree of open-mindedness."

"Who then?"

"They called Adeptus Custodes, they are the personal guard and companions of the Emperor of Man. While I doubt he would be open to outright negotiation due to his experiences with mechanical life, we may be able to subtly guide him along. He just finished engaging with the natives of a pocket reality called Byston Well. It is a magical world that serves as an afterlife for Organics in many places, a Fudal lord named Drake Luft took modern technlogy and melded it with Magic with the aid of a Earthling Engineer named Shot Weapon and begain a reign of terror I fear may spread to earth. He is on a quest to liberate innocents from the grip of Alien raiders from his home reality, dubbed the Dark Eldar. They are a vile race who use the suffering of others to prolong their own depraved existence. "

"Huh, what if he finds out? This Drake also seems like a wild card in this circus same with these...Eldar."

"Hopefully he will realize our intent is not ill. And hopefully Drake shall remain in his realm, as for the Eldar with luck their threat will be stopped..."

Vector continued

"Another group appears to be more eccentric. One has the power of a chained dark god, another is a footsoldier of a tyrannical Earth federation regime, another is a conceited genius who has a device to warp perception, finally is the most curious a duo piloting a machine with some kind of aspect of father’s power alongside others."

"Oh?"

"It is like me in some ways. It exists in multiple aspects, although I doubt the humans have realized it yet. We should figure out what it is and what made it.

"They seem to be gathered on a American land ship loaned to the UN after a battle with the Dinosaur Empire. Lastly this group you told me about your superior encountered. They acted as mercenaries for the Dinosaurs and their Genocidal ruler Kamui Sho. Sho lacking his ultimate anti Getter Trump card dubbed Bug was forced to rely on the aid otherwolders to further his short-term goals. Anticipating their betrayal his Mad Admaral named Zar left them behind to take the brunt of a ruthless bombing of an Imperium hive city costing the party the lives of one of their compatriots. Barely surviving, the mercenaries were then imprisoned by the enemies they had made in service to the Dinosaurs, but were soon freed and made an alliance with the one who had delivered them from bondage. Named... Hmmm I can’t seem to remember who it was or what he looked like... Perhaps he’s someone entirely new to this great game of Life? Continuing on, the group escaped pursuit into Africa and took up an offer to hunt local Battle Ravages left over from the Energon wars.”

"The situation in space is entirely new to me, I’ve personally seen the mess of that planet but I haven't checked the stars. What’s happening there?"

"Two Human galactic powers called the Gilgamesh and the Balarant have been at war for a century. To beings like ourselves it is but a flash, yet to the humans it has been ongoing for generations. The Gilgamesh, seeking to win after a century of inconclusive conflict, have allied with yet another offshoot of humanity: The Gradosians, a race who sought to claim the Earth as a means of preventing it from becoming a threat in the future. Unfortunately for them, they are utterly oblivious to the state their target is in and I am certain they will be quite shocked when they come to realize what they must fight to fulfill their ambitions. Next, a virus called "The Var" has been infecting this planet’s initial spaceborne ally, the UN Spacy and has decimated their numbers due to internecine and randomized fits of homicidal fury from those it had infected. It is similar to the hate plague but seems to only affect the denizens native to their home reality. For now at least. Father help us if some madman were to improve of it or worse, give it the attributes of the hate plague of our realities."

"Just Prime... Any other factions?"

"Our own race, scattered by Cybertron being thrown in peril, the Solar Alliance a Human intergalactic democratic republic of sorts, PACT a human super power claiming to be revolutionary liberators but their views seem more in line with the Decepticon version of revolution: Galactic Conquest. They have annexed a significant number of neutral worlds both native and otherwise."

"It seems even Humans can repeat our mistakes. All in all, this sounds like the perfect storm: Every single worst case scenario all happening at once."
"In addition, there are wildcards such as scattered Imperium of Man worlds that were consumed by the malestrom that created this insanity, pursuing the same path of aggressive isolation as their fellows stranded on Earth. It seems time phantoms like yourself are also becoming a common occurrence."

"I'll inform the Alternity at once of these new insights. Thank you Vector."

The Black Autobot transformed into a Nissan and then entered a ship that materialized before him, its cloaking device deactivated to allow him to board it. As the Protector’s ship left the scene, easily achieving escape velocity in mere moments without any sort of disturbance whatsoever; a Huge figure in Ash-Black armor and a white cloak bearing a gigantic sword on its back watched the discussion from atop a Canyon. Having heard everything, the figure enigmatically smirks to himself before he disappears, as if he were a mirage or a dream...
Last edited by Guy of G on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

Elric of Melnibone

Re: Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

Post by Elric of Melnibone » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:28 am

Chapter 1: You Only Live Once

When they called me The Living One I didn't think much of it at first. I assumed it was a habit that would come to an end. I was just a human being like they were. I wasn't any different. I merely capitalized on the opportunities that were afforded to me.

After all, the truth was that I was just lucky. I survived due to chance. It was not divine providence that saved my life. It was the fact that I was smart enough to learn of White Necromantic, and that I knew how to heal my wounds despite the fact that they were fatal. That is what preserved my life:

Pragmatism.

Virgil was always annoyed by my skepticism. He said it was humility that clouded my vision. When in fact it was his religious fervor that blinded him. I loved him as if he was my own brother but his idealism led him astray at times.

He did not see the truth within his faith. The lies that were weaved for the sake of some elaborate ploy. K'an Hua was toying with them all, and in turn he was used by Kerghan the Terrible. If only he knew what webs were being spun in the Panarii.

He had to learn the hard way, and when he did? He had lost his life.

I could not let that stand. I defied the natural order. It was an act of hubris. I went beyond my station.

I ripped his soul from the ether, and brought him back.

It was by witnessing and experiencing death that my brother discovered the truth. A truth which terrified him beyond all measure.

This world was an aberration. An unnatural occurrence. It was not meant to be. It simply came to be.

No deity held a hand in this. It was a miraculous catastrophe. A thing of both beauty and ugliness. A coincidence.

Perhaps I shouldn't have brought him back from the dead because he was not the same when he returned. I stole from him peace of mind, and instead replaced it with the same uncertainty this world affords everyone.

Which is why he asked me to never do it again. I didn't. I wanted to. I desperately wanted my brother by my side again. I could not grow old. I could not die.

I was powerful beyond measure, and I earned this through trial and tribulation. There was no disease that could infect me. There was no weapon that could harm me.

I was stuck in eternity because I dared to become more than what I was.

However, I do not regret it for a single moment because more than anything else?

I̵̛̠͍͙͚̋̊̂͝͠ͅ ̴̡̢͙̱̥̫͖͓̐͌̔͜l̷̛̺͈̰̔̄̓̃͊̕ṓ̶̧̞̩̗̰͕̞̫͈̇̆̂̀͝v̵̢̞̖̪͎͇̝̈́͘͜ę̸̼̩̹̱̺̳̪̳̰̊̂͑̈͝ ̷̯͖͂͘t̷̛̤̩̺̜h̶̨̹̲̰̃͑̒̈́̑i̸͍͛ṡ̵͈̠̳̘͒ ̷̙̤̼͓͍̠͎͉̈́̒͗͠w̶̪͗̽̈̈́̔͌ǫ̷̡̛̛̙̙̯̼͙͎́̈́́͌̿̊͒͘r̸̡̟͉͓̮̠̻̒̒́l̴̳͐̀̇̑̅̿͘͝d̵̫̠͈͍͗̿̍̈͂̀̕͝͝.̴̯̮̩̹͓̑̽̾
*** A sense of weightlessness. I was falling down.

After that darkness had consumed me I was taken from my world.

This was not the Arcanum I knew. This was someplace else.

I grab hold of the Titan Model-VII which had been thrust into the abyss alongside me. I press a button, and the cockpit opens. I jump inside, and flip a switch. The giant of bronze comes to life. There is steam that pours out of vents on its chest. I activate the propulsion system, and suddenly this machine of war begins to float downwards. When before it was rushing to meet the ground. It lands was a graceful step onto an earth I was unfamiliar with.

“An assassination attempt, perhaps?” It was not the first time this had happened. When you are worshiped as a living god you tend to make enemies out of opposing faiths.

It was part of the reason I abhorred the practice. I slam my the palm of my hand against the sensors. They start working after a moment's pause, and detect lifeforms in the surrounding area.

“Unknown?” The sensors were not recognizing the fauna or the plant-life. “I feared as much.”

Nasrudin did something similar when dealing with particularly dangerous criminals. He would banish them to the void. Where they would be trapped there so long as the Ring of Brodgar remained standing.

There was just one problem. This wasn't the void.

This was another world entirely. I could see the stars in the midnight sky, and a moon glowing in the darkness.

They were familiar but different at the same time. There were subtle differences that anyone who didn't practice divination wouldn't have noticed.

I scratch at the beard on my chin.

“What is going on?” I was confused and disoriented. I look more closely at the sensors.

The readings were all over the place.

“I don't even know what half of these even mean!” I grab my head, and feel another migraine coming. The sensors couldn't even find the galaxy my world was in. Just how far away was I from Arcanum?

This was a problem. Yes, society could definitely function without me but there would be mass hysteria. The fanatics, zealots, templars, and crusaders would want answers. Where had The Living One gone? Where was their beloved prophet?

I could only hope that the sorcerers at Tulla could stem the tide. They were men and women of reason.

I couldn't say the same about my followers.

I sink into the cockpit and mull on my situation. Wait just a second, conveyance! I could get out of here! I gather what energy I can, and cast teleportation.

I growl in frustration when nothing happens.

There was something blocking me. An invisible barrier that was in my way. Not unlike something from the discipline of meta. It was disrupting my magic.

I knew in that moment that someone had planned this.

I open up the cockpit, and climb out. I stand atop the titan using it as leverage in order to survey my surroundings.

“Illuminate!” I unleash the well of magic within me. I rely on phantasm. In a flash of light the shadows are gone. That is when I see them.

A horde of otherworldly creatures in the distance. I grit my teeth, and in my fury I snap my fingers.

They collapse into dust. After what binding energy holding their atoms together disappears.

“I am trapped on a world I have never been on before. I am surrounded by what appear to be aliens. I have no way back home. Oh, and I don't know who is responsible for this.” I look around, and nod my head. “That has got to be the best part.” I sneer at my surroundings in pure contempt.

“Wonderful.”
*** “It had to be this way.” The man in black looks on, and sees the desolation he unleashed. The mountain had crumbled into pieces, and what was left behind was rubble. The result of the energies he used to make a breach into the veil. “Your presence here has caused enough trouble for us all.”

It was my curse. I had grown beyond my station, and as such that meant I created ripples wherever I walked. It meant that I could not trust anyone. No, not even my brothers in arms.

Arronax shakes his head.

“I am sorry my friend but you are the cause of all this.” The elf didn't want to do this but he had no choice. It took a while to fashion the device but with Vendigroth on his side it was inevitable. They were the most technologically advanced civilization on the planet, and with the introduction of the Arcane Matrix it became possible for magic and technology to work together. After Arronax rebuilt their city, and brought their people back from the dead? It flourished again, and with his aid Vendigroth became greater than it ever was before.

I had grown in ways they could not fathom but I was not beyond defeat.

Raven stands besides Arronax. A look of resignation on her face.

“I will not forgive you for this!” Z'an Al'urin growls. “How could you betray him?” The dark elf struggles to free herself from her chains. Her magic was taken from her.

“Do you think we take pleasure in this?” Arronax clenches his fists. “He was our friend as well! The only problem was that just like my father the people flocked to him as if he was a god. How many wars have happened because of that? I have lost count. In four hundred years we have had more bloodshed than we have had since the Age of Legends. It has to stop.” He is nearly in tears. “I will carry this sin for the rest of my days but I will not stand by like Nasrudin did when I destroyed Vendigroth.” He would not be like his father. He would put an end to this meaningless violence.

“What of the people who worship him? Do you think they would accept this?” Z'an Al'urin turns towards Raven. “You loved him did you not, princess?”

Raven grits her teeth.

“My feelings do not matter. I have a responsibility to Qintara. I am their sovereign ruler now. My people must come before what reservations I have--”

Z'an Al'urin pulls at her chains, and tries to claw at her.

“You were his wife! What about your loyalty to your husband!” The dark elf seethes. That's when she stops struggling, and bursts into laughter. “I am the dark elf, and yet it is you who is the poisonous snake?” This was too much for her to handle. How the tables have turned. “You never deserved him!” The emotions bubbling beneath the surface threaten to overwhelm her. A wicked idea churns in her mind. “You were always so busy with your duties. Did you know who kept his bed warm when his wife failed him?” A lecherous smirk marred her beautiful face. “He was always thinking of me every time he plowed you!”

A hand flies through the air, and the sound of a slap echoes in the chamber.

“I am not a fool Z'an Al'urin. Edgar Rowley was many things but unfaithful he was not.” Raven looks away from the dark elf. “You are right though. He did deserve better.” It had to be done. That is what she would tell herself for the rest of her days.

Z'an Al'urin would not let it end this way. No, as far as she was concerned I was a hero.

That wasn't true at all. I had made mistakes in my life that I couldn't take back. Maybe they were right to have done this. I wonder if they had asked me would I have agreed to this plan?

It could have solved the problem of the faith that erupted around me if given enough time. Yes, just maybe... this was the solution that had escaped my thoughts.

“I won't let you get away with this!”

Z'an Al'urin couldn't accept that.
*** I scratch the back of my head. I had taken the time to rest within the safety of the titan's cockpit. It was morning now. The darkness of night had surrendered to the rays of sunlight over the horizon.

“I miss my dog.” It comes with a sudden sense of nostalgia. The mutt was a strange one, and used to always be by my side. I named him dog. Whenever I told anyone else that they looked at me like I was crazy. “Dog is a good name.” Virgil would always get a kick out of it.

I had to admit I wasn't very good at naming things. It was the whole reason I couldn't come up with more creative names for the titans besides relying on their model designations.

The rest of my comrades would always groan whenever I named something. As if I had just said a particularly bad pun. I enjoyed that especially but I never told them that. It would be a secret I would keep until my grave.

I turn on the cameras and sensors. I take another look around the landscape. It was surprisingly peaceful after I had exterminated those unusual extraterrestrial life-forms. I had a feeling there were a lot more where they came from though.

“Now what is on the agenda today?” I talk to myself more out of boredom than anything else. I had to find out how I got here, and then figure out a way back. After that punish those responsible accordingly. “I will cover them in honey, and then pour a barrel of fire ants on them.” That sounded fair by my standards.

I flip a couple of switches in the cockpit. The titan's sensors try to search for any humanoid life-forms.

“Now lets see here where is the closest settlement--”

That is when the sensors go ballistic.

“It seems that I have an uninvited guest.”
*** A hand presses against glass. He looks at his reflection.

This face wasn't his own. It was that of a stranger.

“Ŵђ€𝓡є ΔⓂ 𝐢?” His memories are a jumbled mess. His voice is distorted, and resembles static. A harsh, raspy, echo. It was distinctly inhuman. A violation of reason.

He remembers pain, and anguish. Unimaginable loss. A promise he made to himself. In that he senses a strange determination. Yet, he cannot make sense of it.

“ฬHØ 𝕒м I?”

That question penetrates what was left of his soul. It drives a stake deeply into his black heart.

He screams, and he does not know the reason why.

What was going on?
*** “I wouldn't make any sudden movements if I was in your position.” The giant robots surround me. They outnumber me greatly, and their machines were strange. They were not titans of that I was sure.

They were far too sleek, and there was no steam engine within them that I could sense. Nor an arcane matrix for that matter. No, they were powered by something else I couldn't identity. The one in front of me was brandishing a firearm. A revolver of some sort, or perhaps a magnum?

“Who are you?” That voice definitely belonged to a woman. “What do you want here?”

“Normally where I come from a person introduced themselves first before pointing a gun at someone.” My titan mimics my movements, and folds its arms over its chest. The external speakers increase the volume of my voice. It is loud enough for them to hear me clearly even from this distance. “That would be your cue--”

There is a bang, and my titan narrowly avoids the bullet.

“You're proving my point by doing that.” I grumble, and run my fingers through my hair.

“I asked you a question. Who are you? What do you want here? I am not the one being interrogated.” The woman's voice sounded tense. As if she was anticipating some sort of attack.

“My name is Santa Claus, and I am looking for my reindeer. Have you seen them?” My sarcasm is dry. “Rudolph keeps on getting lost. He is touched in the head you see. Poor boy doesn't know his left from his right. Horrible sense of direction that one.” It does nothing to alleviate her concerns.

“If you don't take this seriously I will have to shoot you again.” Her flat monotone makes it clear that she was being perfectly serious.

“You're right.” I shake my head. “I am actually Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gumbigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andry Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser... the 3rd.” I bow my head, and my titan follows suit.

I jump out of the way when she shoots at me again.

“Oh, come on! I was being serious that time!”

“No, you weren't! What sort of buffoon do you take me for?”

The rest of her men behind her begin to snicker and chuckle.

“Alright, alright...” I acquiesce. “I am actually an immortal sorcerer from another dimension who became renowned after defeating an enormously powerful necromancer. After which I became worshiped as a living god. I used my status to advance society by thousands of years, and helped them to develop titans like the one you see right now--”

I snap my fingers, and erect a barrier around my titan as she recklessly shoots at me several more times.

“Honestly, not even the truth is enough for you is it?” I frown, and lean back in my cockpit.

“Truth? What truth? You're a pathological liar! Your stories are becoming more outlandish by the minute!”

“They are no lies, Noa.” I was able to pluck her name from her jumbled thoughts. “I am a sorcerer, and that I do swear to you.” The college of mental was useful like that.

“How do you know my name? Answer me you bastard--” It was with a resounding pop that I disappeared into thin air. I suddenly reappear in front of her. My titan quickly disarms her, and forces her mech into the ground. The titan's right hand crackles with electricity, and the Telsa Pulverizer activates. I land a quick jab that disables her mech's computer systems.

“I told you already, Noa.” I force her AV-98 Ingram into the ground. Her men lose their mirth, and point their own pistols at me. “I am a sorcerer.”

“Move away from the commander!”

“Any sudden movements, and we will shoot you!”

My eyes flash menacingly, and suddenly all of their handguns fly into the air. A simple disarm spell.

“It seems that you are at my mercy.” I lean closer to her mech, and whisper. “Now as I said before introduce yourself, my dear.” I can hear her curse under her breath.

“Unless you want to lose your precious Alphonse?” I grind her labor beneath my titan's heel. “I am sure you would miss him.” By comparison it was barely a quarter of the size of my giant of bronze.

“I am officer Noa Izumi of the SVU, and leader of Division Two.” I can hear her begrudgingly introduce herself.

“SVU? What is that shorthand for?”

“Special Vehicles Unit.”

I raise a brow at that. I never heard about an organization like that. This really was a different world after all. What have I gotten myself into?

“Are you a native of this world?”

“No.”

I was not expecting that answer, and I could sense the truth in her words. I wasn't the only one stranded on this strange world.

That just made things a lot more complicated.

“I see.” I muse on what I just discovered. “I need your help.”

“...what?”

Noa Izumi sounded offended if anything.

“I don't know where I am, or how I got here. I need your help to get back home.”

“Get in line. Your are not the only person who wants that.”

Her defiance was as clear as day despite the fact that I could crush her at any time.

“Do you have a leader? Anyone I can talk to?”

“We have an acting chief if that's what you mean, and she won't want to see a total stranger for no reason.”

“Then how about I give her one? What do your people need? There are many things I can help you with. If you need resources I can provide them. If you need a healer I have mastered the White Necromantic. If you need a soldier you are out of luck there. I don't take a life under anyone's orders. I decide whether a life is worth taking.” I make my intentions, and stipulations clear.

“...” Noa Izumi is silent at that. “You said you know how to heal. Does that mean you can bring the dead back to life?” It was said largely in jest.

Oh, if only she could see my smile now. It would terrify her.

“Yes, that is exactly what it means.”

There is a pause, and it leaves the rest of her unit speechless.

“Then yeah... the chief is going to want to see you.”
*** When I entered the office I knew immediately that this chief they spoke of was an intimidating woman. Her room was littered with both trophies and weapons. A bunch of medals were on the walls to my left and right. A book shelf was behind her. The literature she collected included Sun Tzu's Art of War. Whoever that was. I suspect that he was a general from her world, or at the very least a philosopher.

The woman looked to be in her forties but she was beautiful in spite of that. She wore a business suit, and the right side of her face was scarred. As if she was burned, or had been caught in an explosion at some point. Her blonde hair was left alone, and she had not cut it in a long time. Which meant she hadn't seen the battlefield in a while. Otherwise, it would have been cut short in order to avoid anyone grabbing onto it in the middle of a fight. Which meant she ordered her soldiers from afar, and acted as a tactician instead. This person was busy tending to several papers on her desk, and she sat comfortably in a cushy chair behind it. If she noticed us she didn't bother to show it.

“Who is this, Noa?” Her voice was rough and stern. The woman didn't even bother to look up at me, and instead addressed the woman next to me.

Noa Izumi salutes her “chief,” and turns to look at me. There is a frown marring her face.

“A stranger from another world.”

“Aren't we all?”

The woman looks up at me. Her eyes were icy, and the most brilliant cerulean I have seen in a while.

“He says that he can bring the dead back to life.”

“Does he now?”

I choose that moment to speak up.

“I can do a lot more than just that. I have mastered many different disciplines of sorcery in my time, and the art of healing is just one of them.”

“Sorcery?” The woman known as “chief” looks at Noa Izumi. “How true is that?” The woman was used to strange things in this world by now.

“He can do some really spectacular things, chief. So, I wouldn't put it past him.” The red-head scratches the back of her head. It got her nervous when she looked the chief in her eyes. I couldn't blame her. This woman had that thousand-yard stare. A veteran of so many battles it made you wonder about her sanity.

“I can give you a demonstration if you want?” I offer her the chance to see what I can do. If only because I enjoy showing off.

“I have someone in mind.”
*** The morgue was cold. I see bodies lined up, half-eaten, mutilated by artillery, melted by acid, some of them have already been dissected in order to find the cause of their death. It didn't make sense as the cause of death was obvious in some cases.

The “chief” leads me towards one corpse in particular. A man with brown hair, and a scar across his face. There was a gaping wound in his chest where his heart should be. The woman lights up a cigar. Gently this stranger I just met pats his head, and looks at him with a smile. It wasn't of forlorn loss. No, there was pride in that smile. This was one of her soldiers, and he gave them no quarter even in death.

“Bring my Boris back.” It wasn't a request. It was a demand.

I smirk, and look at her in amusement. This woman something else.

I approach him, and pat the side of his face. He wore a condescending smirk on his face as he died. He didn't go to hell alone. He brought his enemies screaming down with him into the fiery pits.

“Your rest has come to an end, my friend. Your master calls for you from beyond the grave.” I sense for his soul, and I gingerly reach for it. I tear it from where it now rests, and drag it back into his body.

I wasn't done. That was just the first step. I had to find their soul first. Then after that I had to repair the damage before it left again.

A warm, ivory, light engulfs the soldier's body. The scrapes and bruises are the first wounds to disappear. Then I deal with that gaping wound in his chest. I replace his heart with a new one, and seal the hole in but a few moments. The chief bats an eyelash. The only sign that she was even remotely surprised by what I was doing.

The corpse gasps for breath, and in one movement he springs back up. A look of surprise and confusion dashes across his face, and when he sees the chief he understands.

He smiles at her.

“Balalaika.” Is that the chief's name? No, it had to be a nickname.

“Our war hasn't come to an end. There are more people that have to die.” Her eyes soften as she looks at him. “Sergeant.”

“I am your right hand.” Boris gets up from the slab he was on, and salutes his commander. “That has never changed.”

Who exactly was this woman to command this kind of loyalty from someone even from beyond the grave?

I just had to wonder what her story was.

“Come, Rasputin. You belong with my wolf pack now.” Balalaika taps her cigar against her fingers, and leaves ash on the floor. I tilt my head to the side.

Rasputin?

I would have to ask her about that name later.
*** “We are drifters in a world that is not our own.” The chief actually meets my eyes now. It seems I have proven my worth. “We do not know why but people from many worlds have been dragged into this one. This world is dangerous. There are enemies on all sides. Whether they are terrestrial or extraterrestrial threats? They exist in droves. We have managed to survive by grouping together, and forming sovereign nations.” That is when she smiles. “The exception of course being my wolf pack. We are soldiers of fortune. We will do anything regardless of the danger so long as the price matches the risk. It is how we have made a living in this world. We have no loyalty to anyone but ourselves, and our comrades.”

“That may be a problem. I am not much of a soldier--”

“That is fine. We need someone in the infirmary, and you are the right person for the job. In fact, I can't think of anyone better for the position than someone who can beat back death itself.” The chief says that but there is something strange about the way she looks at me. As if she knows that I am not giving her the whole story. “However, for a healer you are certainly good at defending yourself. In which case I will have you work with the wolf pack when it is required.”

“You mean as a field medic?” This woman could see that I was a fighter, and Noa Izumi no doubt informed her of my prowess in the battlefield. It was a mistake on my part to reveal so much to her.

“That is the idea.” Boris gives me a cheeky grin, and stands by Balalaika's side. “Your code name will be Rasputin.”

“I have to ask. Why that name?” I shuffle my feet, and fold my arms over my chest.

“Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin was something of an infamous mystic where I came from who was rumored to have cheated death several times.” The chief doesn't elaborate on it any further. It does leave me curious. “You will use that code name I have given you from now on whenever you leave mother base. You may use your given name within this refuge but nowhere else beyond the border.”

I nod my head in understanding. That makes sense in a way. I just defied death a few hours ago. It would only be appropriate.

“Our base of operations is isolated, and we have managed to set up a defensive parameter that stretches nearly twenty kilometers around. At the edge of that parameter we have erected a barrier. A cylindrical dome so to speak that keeps out any unwanted guests. You have already seen it. We call it Волчий логово. The Wolf's Den.” The chief taps her cigar against an ash tray on her desk. “It is our home for the time being. You are welcome to it.”

The Wolf's Den was humongous. It stretched all around them in a circle, and it was at least four-hundred meters in height. Whatever it was made out of wasn't of this world, and the metal seemed to be adaptive. As if whatever hit the dome would be assimilated by it, and then incorporated into the design. There were no openings, and the only way to get in or out was through four gates. They were located at the east, west, north, and south of the mother base. The gates were guarded by those “labors” the SVU used (and several other units I couldn't identify), and kept closed at almost all times. They were large enough that my titan could fit through them.

Simply put, it was a city in all but name. There were nearly a million people living inside of it. None of them were native to this world, and all of them were trying to survive on this inhospitable planet. There were farmers who produced the rations people needed to keep living. A steady supply of water. There was a working communication system. They even had a few businesses. A lot of buildings. A couple of restaurants here and there. There were street markets where farmers would sell their vegetables, and where butchers would sell their livestock. Their supplies were both grown and raised within the safety of the dome. They did not want for anything.

Unsurprisingly, there were a lot of brothels. This was a city centered around a group of mercenaries after all. They needed a way to relieve their stress. However, the working conditions were good for the prostitutes. The pay in particular was generous, and the “managers” kept them safe from rowdy customers.

It was located somewhere on the border between Algeria and Libya. They were two countries on the continent known as North Africa. At least that is what Noa Izumi told me as we made our way here. There were so many unfamiliar names. It made me realize that this world wasn't like my own in any sense of the word. The geography was completely different.

It reminded me of when I first visited Tarant so many centuries ago.

Balalaika decides to continue. “It is serviceable enough to withstand a thermonuclear detonation.” That caught my attention. “It was something that we had to learn the hard way.” There is a nasty smirk on her face. I could only imagine what the story behind that was.

“I have just one last question. Where is my titan?”

The chief frowns at that, and gives me a sympathetic look. “An eccentric of ours has been examining your machine all day. You will find her in the hangar.”
*** The first thing I notice about her as she pulls at something on my titan's pauldrons with her wrench was the fact she was incredibly young for a mechanic. If I had to guess she was only sixteen years old.

“Come on!” I hear her grumble as she pulls at something on my war machine. “Almost there!” It gives, and breaks away. It startles her enough that she trips over her feet, and begins to tumble downwards from the pauldrons.

I am quick to act, and rush towards her. I catch her in my arms.

“That was dangerous.” I give her a bemused look. “What exactly are you doing to my friend here?”

“Just pulling this out.” The young woman smirks, and shows me a piece of shrapnel that was lodged into my titan. “I am patching her up. You know, this girl needs a gentle touch. You haven't been taking good care of her!” The young woman jumps out of my arms, and gets back on her feet.

“You're Rasputin, right?”

“I prefer Edgar Rowley.” I frown. It seems that the nickname was already catching on. “Yes, I am Rasputin.” I get a better look at her. The woman wore unusual carmine garments, and atop her head was a strange hat that was reminiscent of a newsboy cap if it was several sizes larger than it should have been. Her hair was blonde, and her eyes turquoise. They weren't quite blue. They seemed to be more green. “You would be?”

“Roll Caskett! I am the mechanic around here.” Her smile was bright for someone in such an unfortunate position. You would think she would miss her world, and be terrified of this one she was trapped on. Her face was covered in grease, and I could tell she spent most of her time in the hangar. I could see many labors undergoing repairs, and several other mechanics were helping her.

What caught my eye were the other machines. It seems that the labors weren't the only things they had access to here. They were dozens of different units. Any sort of mech you could imagine was stationed here. They came in every size and shape. I wonder just how many people had brought these war machines with them when they arrived on this earth. It was suspiciously coincidental. Whatever force brought us here seemed to favor this trait among the drifters.

“What's that one over there?” I point towards one mech in particular. The design it had caught my eye. “Does it have a name?”

“Oh, Thunderbolt's beauty?” Roll Caskett waggles her eyebrows suggestively. “I would love to take her apart myself...” There was something lecherous about her demeanor. It didn't help that she was drooling. “That's the RX-78AL Atlas Gundam.” The mechanic wipes the drool away with the back of her hand.

“Yes...” What a strange girl. “I suppose she is quite the piece of work.” Now I understood why Balalaika called her an eccentric. “You mentioned a Thunderbolt? Who is that exactly?”

“That's just his code name.” Roll Caskett looks at me again. “Io Flemming is his real name. You will meet him soon enough. Just follow the music. He won't be far away.” The young woman walks back towards the Titan Model-VII.

I give the machines within the hangar one last look before I depart.
*** This place was more than just a city. It was a home to many people. They were all like me. Just trying to survive in a world that wasn't their own.

I pull out my pocket watch from my coat. It was working but that wasn't what I was interested in. I look at the picture inside of it. A young boy with elven features. He was a brunette just like I was, and his sharp eyes had that same bronze color to them that mine did. However, it was his ears that gave him away. They were pointed just his mothers, and his cheekbones were angular like hers.

A half-elf. He had difficulty fitting in with either humans or elves. He made it work though. He never gave up.

He was standing beside me, and smiling. His mother wasn't there. When we went to have the picture taken she was busy tending to her duties as regent. That woman was always so busy.

Her responsibilities had changed her. Raven was a free spirit when she was a young woman but the harshness of ruling brought about the worst inside of her. It required a sacrifice from her.

I wish that things could have stayed the same. That Virgil didn't grow old, and die. That Raven didn't grow bitter, and disillusioned. That my friends didn't lose what made them who they were. The only constant was that change would happen.

No one can defeat time. It brings about change whether you like it or not. Sometimes that change is good, and sometimes that change is bad. It was unpredictable like that.

“What exactly went wrong?” I wonder not for the first time. There was a saying where I came from that familiarity breeds contempt, and now I understood why.

After we both lost him it only became worse. We became distant. There came a point where we couldn't even stand to be in the same room together. It brought back memories we both wanted to forget.

A son we both failed.

“Elijah...” He would have been greater. He would have surpassed The Living One. If only he lived to see the day. He never did. His potential dashed aside, and his life stolen from him.

I clench the pocket watch tightly in my hand.

“What should I do?”

My question falls on deaf ears.
*** He was starving. His throat was on fire. He needed something to drink but he didn't know what it was. Just that he desperately needed it. He could smell them. People in the distance behind that elaborate architecture. It was a grand cathedral. A monument for what would be his feast.

His thirst gnaws at his black heart.

“𝕀 ᶰ𝔢EĎ 𝕚丅.” He knew that without the shadow of any doubt. What he wanted was behind this wall. He presses his hand against it, and he slowly melts into it. He pushes on through it. He passes through the unusual metal as if it isn't even there. A ghost in the guise of a young man. His messy obsidian hair and his crimson eyes give him the appearance of a wandering demon. The rags which barely cover him were soaked in entrails. He already claimed many victims.

He was lost.

A thousand different identities screamed within his mind, and they were driving him deeper into madness. There was only one thing that could save him.

“𝔹ㄥㄖO𝐝.”

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:14 pm

The deserts of Africa were pretty fucking boring. Dry, sandy, nothing but yellow in sight except for some cacti. Even if the heat and lack of sustainable food and drink weren't issues; you'd still be at risk of death by pure boredom. Wait, that's not a thing? Oh...

This normally boring and empty (Well mostly boring and empty, but I'm not the one to explain what mostly means here) desert was suddenly disturbed quite heavily by a sudden jet of movement; a small body of metal speeding through the area. Clocking at a current speed of just over mach 1, the Rex class recon suit cruised along quite nicely while making sure it kept far enough away from its companions to be able to do its job as recon. Inside the mech, listening to Hell to pay by Miracle of Sound through wireless headphones and without care for anything, was AEK-999. The music probably was very unfitting for the situation, but who really cared? Not her, that was for certain. She was getting close to her destination so she pulled up, the mech rocketing up into the air and creating a small explosion of sand and dust from where her ascent started.

"So I don't think you ever told me what we were hunting for exactly. Care to shed some light?" She asked her companions over a secure comm link
F**k 5-7

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Sans_the_Medic wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:14 pm
The deserts of Africa were pretty fucking boring. Dry, sandy, nothing but yellow in sight except for some cacti. Even if the heat and lack of sustainable food and drink weren't issues; you'd still be at risk of death by pure boredom. Wait, that's not a thing? Oh...

This normally boring and empty (Well mostly boring and empty, but I'm not the one to explain what mostly means here) desert was suddenly disturbed quite heavily by a sudden jet of movement; a small body of metal speeding through the area. Clocking at a current speed of just over mach 1, the Rex class recon suit cruised along quite nicely while making sure it kept far enough away from its companions to be able to do its job as recon. Inside the mech, listening to Hell to pay by Miracle of Sound through wireless headphones and without care for anything, was AEK-999. The music probably was very unfitting for the situation, but who really cared? Not her, that was for certain. She was getting close to her destination so she pulled up, the mech rocketing up into the air and creating a small explosion of sand and dust from where her ascent started.

"So I don't think you ever told me what we were hunting for exactly. Care to shed some light?" She asked her companions over a secure comm link
Tearing through the dry scrublands of Eastern Africa at great speed, a Purple and Yellow Harley Davidson V-Rod Screamin' Eagle, partially covered in a biome-appropriate camo tarp wrapped around its frame like a cloak and towing a trailer full of star-shaped crystals that visibly glowed and throbbed with otherworldly light and power even in the late morning sun. When one considers the speed the hog kept despite the cargo and the tarp around it, one would be quite shocked as this implies that the machine is not a factory-standard model as even the most powerful of production motorbikes would have trouble with the extra weight and air resistance.

As AEK's scout armor pulled up, the bike's rider: a white and grey android looks up to watch the T-Doll ascend to the heavens; the battle gynoid would then get a radio communique in response to her question.

"Short or long version? For the sake of brevity, I'll tell you the short: Giant Robot Panthers. Not kidding, they've razed quite a few towns, encampments and supply convoys over the past decade or so. Now if you're wondering why merc scum like me and Skyblaze behind us are doing this instead of the army? That's because merc scum are the only ones both cost-efficient and well-equipped enough to deal with these things and well, eradicating them all is going to take a concerted effort on the part of the national governments of the countries they've infested and I don't think that needs any further explanation as to why that won't be happening any time soon."

Lt Light Ark

Post by Lt Light Ark » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Guy of G, post: 53318929, member: 32267 wrote:As the IJA military response team surrounded the ship, weapons hot for any extraterrestrial scum-dog to show its ugly face, the crashed ship's main cargo loading door began to open and once it fully retracted, a contingent of armed crewmen, most definitely human spread out and took cover on the trench and earthworks their ship created, pointing rifles and shotguns at the TSFs and IJA infantry. While the human occupants and their decision to pit small arms against their TSFs and APCs gave the Japanese pause, they still didn't stop aiming as just because the crewmen look human doesn't necessarily mean they are.

Arriving a bit late via a military transport helicopter due to the distance involved, Hazantcore finally arrives to the scene and quickly recognizing the flak armor and lasguns of the ship's occupants, the golden giant ran as quickly as he could to the front line; his pace faster than the utility vehicles used by the Japanese and the moment he gets on top of a boulder that was displaced by the ship, he then shouts with an authoritative voice.

"STAND DOWN!!!"

Such was Hazantcore's voice and presence that not only the ship's occupants obeyed him, almost by instinct; but also the IJA TSFs and Infantry.

"Mankind needs not draw blood against itself! Not when the alien is at the gates and when the taint of Chaos lurks as an enemy within!"

Without needing any prompting or words, the Crewmen dropped their weapons and prostrated themselves before Hazantcore's presence. Taking the Japanese aback as while they knew that the Golden Giant was a big deal with his people, they didn't think he was a religious figure or a deity! Ignoring the prostrating Crewmen before him, Hazantcore instead singles out a single man, dressed in a fancier outfit than the rest of his comrades and walks over to him, easily striding over the upturned earth.

"Voidmaster, arise."

"Lord Custodes, it is by the Emperor's grace that not only did we survive the madness of the Empyrean; but that we were delivered onto you as well!"

"Spare me the pleasantries Voidmaster, who is your commanding officer and what is your unit designation?"

"We are an Inquisitorial Levy milord, but our CO and a majority of our Guardsmen contingent is of the Penal Regiments, specifically Colonel Hal Gillon's 77th Grave Diggers."

He recognized the unit name of the Penal Legionaries sent to fight on that doomed Forge World. His suspicions were correct.

Gillon was a ruthless disciple of the currently missing Colonel Schaeffer of the infamous Last Chancers, he was saved as a child by the cold calculating Penal legion Commander during the Indomidous Crusade, taken under Schaeffer's wing not out of compassion but a desire to pass on his ruthless code of honor to another generation to give the future scum of the universe their "Last Chance". The Grave Diggers were yet another covert operations Penal Legion at the Imperium of Man and the Inquisition's disposal.

Now knowing of the sort of scum he'll be dealing with and the monster holding their leashes, Hazantcore ponders on the horrors that will be subjected to the outworlder pilots and hangers-on his regiment had picked up as well as the Japanese primitives he's allied with. Quickly realizing that such an arrangement would result in a massive fiasco that he could ill afford, Hazantcore is determined to avert such a situation by keeping interaction between his newfound allies and the Grave Diggers to a minimum for the sake of his goal.

"I heard you were asking for me Lord Custodes. Present and accounted for."

Emerging from the Cargo door, a deep voice rang out as the crewmen quickly cleared Hazantcore's line of sight and stood at attention as a tall, dark-skinned man clad in a somewhat ragged and dirty Imperial Officer's uniform swaggered out into view while chomping on a freshly-lit cigar.

“Hell, It’s about damn time...”

[MEDIA=youtube]Gk-iWj_a-68[/MEDIA]
"Okay, that dude is very weird." Lux lets out his voice for Keith to hear.
"He feels exactly like the Golden Guy we had seen last time." Keith frowns, he didn't remind him so clearly, although he couldn't exaclty forget him.
"Who was him again?"
"An emperor, I think, but...what happens now? I think that PLANTS is occupied by aliens."
"They may be, I am sure they are not."
"So...what will we do?"
"Let's stay and watch, I am curious..."

Mattman666

Post by Mattman666 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:32 pm

[Two Years Ago...]

"Why are you so gloomy, my son?"

"Don't say that! Why couldn't you move forward, instead of being the leader of that organization?"

"Because humans are not worth."

"Humanity, even at the brink of conflict with another race, still fights itself. Even with the BETA invading the planet, we still insist on fighting each other, we still yearn for conflict..."

"Humans are scum, of course they are! But you and me, we are ourselves! We share the same race as the ones that did evil, but we aren't to blame for what they did! You can't do that!"

"Too late for that. I will destroy humanity. This is why Allegiance needs to exist in this world."

"Enough! Die already!"

"I see, we will fight, just like you want it! Show me your stupid resolve, Franz Eberbach!"

Franz wakes up, slowly opening his eyes. He was at the hospital bay, still bandaged up, confused thanks to the anesthesia he had been administred by the nursing staff. A dream, just a dream, that happens once every two days, the same dialogue, the same place, the same people. The red-haired youngster had enough of that dream that kept repeating itself for no reason other than making him extremely annoyed, just by the prospect of meeting his own father, Theodor Eberbach, again.

"That dream again..."

"I still can't believe he didn't kill me..."

"Fon Spaak said he will be the one to kill me. Looks like his big mouth ended up being a curse."

As he tries to move out, he suddenly realizes the anesthesia was wearing off, thanks to a certain 'weight' on his lap. Rossweisse somehow decided to take a nap, using his lap as a pillow, and she soundly snored as her 'cousin' slapped his face in annoyance. Of course, he couldn't feel any arousal towards his 'sibling' in any way, as the red-haired man couldn't stand the fact that his father banged his own sister. Or that his aunt was known as 'The Whore of East Berlin' in the defunct Ministry of State Security.

For some reason, Rossweisse was the clone of that same woman. Franz couldn't stomach the clone watching everything that his aunt once did with her own body, but he soon discovers that yes, she saw everything about Lise Hohenstein.

"Looks like my original was quite... the whore."

"Pfft."

[Deck]

After two days, Franz recovered from the injuries that captain gave him, and the first thing he did, besides eating breakfast, was to see if his Therion Gundam didn't get destroyed by his superior.

"They fixed it..."

A mechanic approaches him, and says.

"We removed the lock. Now, you can use Kojima Radiation gimmicks such as Overboost and Primal Armor. Just make sure to not use them while you fight on a populated city, or else he will punch the shit out of you, and me, again!"

Sweet. He had someone to tell him shit again.

Franz missed that, for some reason.

[Imperial Prison]

Deep within the cells of the Imperial Prison, in one of the many special rooms where only the most dangerous of criminals lived, Fon was speaking with a man dressed in white.

"So, dude with a ghost."

That man, a doctor according to the guards protecting his room, saved him from execution, by telling the IJA officers that he might be of some use. Considering that, the criminal asks the man when they are going to release him.

"When they will release me?"

"I don't know. Thanks to your big mouth, and that big dude, there is no way to tell what they will do."

After a deep breath, the doctor continues.

"Ogami is able to solve your problem."

Fon sighs. Lt Junior Grade Ichiro Ogami, someone that he didn't really know. From what the guards told him, he is the leading member of the Teikoku Kagekidan, Flower Division.

"Ichiro Ogami? If that idiot he does something to release me, golden man will kill him for sure!"

"Worried about him?"

"He is, well... one of the only soldiers from the Imperial Army that don't show any type of obsession towards the shogun!"

The doctor walks away from the cells after Fon tells him what he thinks about the young lieutenant.

Before closing the door, he tells him;

"Well, let me see what he can do."

After that, the doors are finally closed.

Cavaliere

Post by Cavaliere » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:43 pm

William Liam Tinmall
-----
WARNING: Energy condenser in _Right Arm_ is is not working as intended. Error Code ]080[
WARNING: Multiple articulation joint failure in _Right Arm_ and _Left Leg_. Recalibration needed
This and many more messages were flashing in the rebuilded cockpit of the new version of Mobile Suit model GN-SP000, already nicknamed by his creator Zero_Repair, as its various new systems were tested. Due to the lack of space and the potential damage it could cause to the ship they were on, the aforementioned creator was flying the machine in the surrounding airspace, walking at times on the various launching ramps connected to the main hangar.
It had just jumper off of one when the left leg, where he was stabbed by those TFS in japan not too long ago, completly blocked, forcing Dr. William Tinmall to cut this fieldtest short, eyes studying carefully the diagnostics on his monitors: the new core, a transplanted Plasma Engine, was olding fine as a replacement for the GN drive, but the differences in performances were still noticeable by his expert eyes, and not just by the lack of the Trans-Arm state.

"The power is flowing differently, the existing cables need to be adjusted accordingly" the exhaust vents on the ZerØ's chest started to work, shooting out more and more hot vapor, "And The core is now producing a lot of heat as well, so let's add cooling system to the things to add"

As he got closer to the entrance, he opened the comunications, allerting of his intentions and status of the leg, calling out what essentially became his second in command: "Naira, are you there?"

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Cavaliere wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:43 pm
William Liam Tinmall
-----
WARNING: Energy condenser in _Right Arm_ is is not working as intended. Error Code ]080[
WARNING: Multiple articulation joint failure in _Right Arm_ and _Left Leg_. Recalibration needed
This and many more messages were flashing in the rebuilded cockpit of the new version of Mobile Suit model GN-SP000, already nicknamed by his creator Zero_Repair, as its various new systems were tested. Due to the lack of space and the potential damage it could cause to the ship they were on, the aforementioned creator was flying the machine in the surrounding airspace, walking at times on the various launching ramps connected to the main hangar.
It had just jumper off of one when the left leg, where he was stabbed by those TFS in japan not too long ago, completly blocked, forcing Dr. William Tinmall to cut this fieldtest short, eyes studying carefully the diagnostics on his monitors: the new core, a transplanted Plasma Engine, was olding fine as a replacement for the GN drive, but the differences in performances were still noticeable by his expert eyes, and not just by the lack of the Trans-Arm state.

"The power is flowing differently, the existing cables need to be adjusted accordingly" the exhaust vents on the ZerØ's chest started to work, shooting out more and more hot vapor, "And The core is now producing a lot of heat as well, so let's add cooling system to the things to add"

As he got closer to the entrance, he opened the comunications, allerting of his intentions and status of the leg, calling out what essentially became his second in command: "Naira, are you there?"
A burst of static comes out of his comms suite as the young techpriestess' soft and childish voice crackles out of the speakers.

"I-I'm here! we noticed the power fluctuations on your left leg a-and we believe that the power distribution lines appropriated for that limb were not robust enough to handle the extreme temperatures and power fluctuations inherent in plasma."

Another voice then comes up as the Capitol Imperialis' rear loading ramp drops down for the Break Zero: The tinny, synthesized voice of the large Techpriest who had overseen the installation of the plasma engine itself, Ohmar his name was.

"Initiate Naira is correct. We have clearly overestimated the tolerances of your Knight and thus the installation of more robust power system components to be able to tame the volatile nature of Plasma is paramount. As well as attendant cooling and/or heat dispersal systems for the reactor, as you and I can clearly see is suffering from nearly intolerable heating issues."

Mattman666

Post by Mattman666 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Cavaliere wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:43 pm
William Liam Tinmall
-----

After seeing Fon, he decides to sneak inside the weird IoM ship, using Wu Xing to turn invisible.

Of course, sneaking and making sure that no psychic detects him.

Tenma is surprised to see that some of them were doing maintenance in a machine.

"So, this is the weird machine they found?"

Tenma watches as the maintenance crew tends to the Break Zero. As he asks the spirit of his dead wife for some of her advice, she answer to the question with the same quizzical words used by him. He hoped none of the imperials could see her.

The psychics of the Flower Brigade and some others could see the spirit clinging to the man as she floats.

"From the data they gathered, this machine uses some kind of photon-like particle to move."

In agreement, Tenma nods, and continues to speak with himself, giving no attention to the crew as they see him as just some crazy scientist with a knack for schizophrenia. Weirdly enough, he theorizes that Trans-Am puts machines into high temperatures, allowing the photons around it to move frantically, giving the effect of after-images. "As for the red after-images... maybe that system puts the machine itself into a state of high temperature levels? As you know, mirages are just photons moving frantically thanks to hot air. Plasma engines can achieve the same mirage effect. We just need to raise the temperature of the machine until it reflects extra light... As for the speed that system gives... at least for now, we can't replicate that without some help."
sir_fire wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:42 pm
A burst of static comes out of his comms suite as the young techpriestess' soft and childish voice crackles out of the speakers.

"I-I'm here! we noticed the power fluctuations on your left leg a-and we believe that the power distribution lines appropriated for that limb were not robust enough to handle the extreme temperatures and power fluctuations inherent in plasma."

Another voice then comes up as the Capitol Imperialis' rear loading ramp drops down for the Break Zero: The tinny, synthesized voice of the large Techpriest who had overseen the installation of the plasma engine itself, Ohmar his name was.

"Initiate Naira is correct. We have clearly overestimated the tolerances of your Knight and thus the installation of more robust power system components to be able to tame the volatile nature of Plasma is paramount. As well as attendant cooling and/or heat dispersal systems for the reactor, as you and I can clearly see is suffering from nearly intolerable heating issues."
After some thinking about his theorems, Tenma comes with a conclusion, and approaches the three individuals, while giving a piece of his mind. "We can harness the hot plasma to achieve the same mirage effect as these weird after-images. What about scraping the armor used by these Takemikazuchi to make carbon nanotubes? Replacing the armor with this material will allow the machine to resist the high temperatures."

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:29 pm

After seeing Fon, he decides to sneak inside the weird IoM ship, using Wu Xing to turn invisible.

Tenma is surprised to see that some of them were doing maintenance in a machine.

"So, this is the weird machine they found?"

Tenma watches as the maintenance crew tends to the Break Zero. As he asks the spirit of his dead wife for some of her advice, she answer to the question with the same quizzical words used by him. He hoped none of the imperials could see her.

The psychics of the Flower Brigade and some others could see the spirit clinging to the man as she floats.

"From the data they gathered, this machine uses some kind of photon-like particle to move."

In agreement, Tenma nods, and continues to speak with himself, giving no attention to the crew as they see him as just some crazy scientist with a knack for schizophrenia. Weirdly enough, he theorizes that Trans-Am puts machines into high temperatures, allowing the photons around it to move frantically, giving the effect of after-images. "As for the red after-images... maybe that system puts the machine itself into a state of high temperature levels? As you know, mirages are just photons moving frantically thanks to hot air. Plasma engines can achieve the same mirage effect. We just need to raise the temperature of the machine until it reflects extra light... As for the speed that system gives... at least for now, we can't replicate that without some help."

After some thinking about his theorems, Tenma comes with a conclusion, and approaches the three individuals, while giving a piece of his mind. "We can harness the hot plasma to achieve the same mirage effect as these weird after-images. What about scraping the armor used by these Takemikazuchi to make carbon nanotubes? Replacing the armor with this material will allow the machine to resist the high temperatures."
Before Tenma knew it, a mechanical tentacle smashes itself onto the side of his head, courtesy of the larger of the two Machine cultists while the young techpriestess stood ramrod still with a subdued expression of shock on her comely face before tipping over backwards, unconscious before she even hit the metal floor. Using another of his tentacles to retrieve his Omnissiahan Axe that he had propped up on a nearby crate, Ohmar hefts his badge of office and symbol of his covenant with the Machine cult above his head and prepares to strike the infiltrator down.

"Die Psyker."
Last edited by sir_fire on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.