Zeta Academy (official)

ZuZu

Re: Zeta Academy (official)

Post by ZuZu » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:49 am

Keena looked up from her sneakers as Lyrea exited the room, before pushing off the wall with a soft grunt and straightening back to her full height. She started back down the hall with a motion of her head, indicating the other could come if she still wished to, clicking on her tablet to look at her schedule once again.

"Ye goin' directly to class? Some... Psychology of Heroism. I ain't got a clue where it is." she muttered, scrolling through the multitude of apps on the device with a slight frown between her brows. Keena hadn't really had a chance to use anything this high tech in... ever. Anything electronic light this could be traced, so when she'd had anything, it hand't stuck around long, nor been of particularly good quality. When she reached the entrance they'd come through, she shouldered the glass door open without looking up from the screen, still puzzling over it with odd little finger jabs. She didn't really like not knowing how to do something... This was a school though, so perhaps she should get used to that rather shitty feeling.

As they started down one of the paths around towards the front of the school, Keena's ears picked up a noise that didn't fit with the bustle of the waking establishments around them. Or, perhaps it did, but not in the usual way. Crying. She looked up, and sharp eyes swept the area around till they landed on a figure with strange black and white hair. The purple haired girl's mouth twitched into a bemused frown, and she glanced at her shorter walking buddy as they drew closer, then back to the girl.

"...Oi! you good?" she called to the Cruella De Vil looking teen, head tilting. She'd heard public education was stressful, but hadn't expected tears before classes even started.

~<>~

Kaelan glanced up from his tablet when Davenport spoke, and nodded once, leaning one hip against the counter as he continued to recheck what lay ahead for the day. He didn't really pay attention to the door opening and the conversation after, figuring it wasn't his business and concentrating on his task. At least, he did until a sharp voice cut through his calm and he glanced up, yellow eyes blinking almost owlishly as he sought the source. It had been Davenport, though he couldn't glean why. After a moment his gaze shifted from the brother to the sister, and paused.

Aye, he'd seen them both on the lawn the other day. So the two with them must have been their parents... An attractive family, it seemed. A few seconds before his silent studying could be called staring, Kae pushed off the counter offered the new arrival a nod of greeting, along with his customary quiet "Hello." Capping his water bottle, half empty, he set it back on the counter and turned off his tablet, tucking it under one arm and going to retrieve his school bag from his room, a simple black computer bag he used for books and pencils instead.

Stopping a few feet away from the sibling pair, he seemed to contemplate for a moment, adjusting the strap on his shoulder, before looking between them.

"I believe we share our first class... would you mind going together?"
Be gay, do crime. | Art Thread

Dead_Inside

Post by Dead_Inside » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Fe responded to Kaelen with a small "hello", still staring at the floor. Evan looked from his sister to his roommate and smiled, nodding.

"Sure. Let's go before we're late.", he said with a smile.

He moved to the messenger bag he had in the living room and pulled it onto his shoulder, stowing his tablet and water into one of the inside pockets. He quickly moved to the door and opened it, out of habit reaching for the almost identical messenger bag strap that was hung on the door handle outside the door and holding it out to his sister. Fe took the bag and slipped the strap onto her shoulder, also putting her tablet and bottle of water away in one of the inside pockets. Evan smiled at her and gestured for her to go through the door. Fe smiled and started out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Within a couple minutes, they were at the class, Evan opening the door for his sister and Kaelen to enter. Fe walked into the room and grit her teeth, instantly recognizing the few people already there from Orientation. It didn't appear that the Professor had arrived yet. Fe moved into the class room and moved to the row of desks at the back of the class, she hated being in the front. Her Goth nature made her wish to not be the center of attention if she could help it. There were five desks back here with one being taken by the mysterious girl whom she remembered used shadows to move her, Evan, and their Parents the day before and another being taken by someone in a Kitsune mask. Fe liked the girl whom had helped her and her parents. She smiled at both of them and waved as she sat in the center desk between the other two empty desks, setting her bag on the floor beside her as she crossed her legs under her desk. Evan entered the class and looked around at the people already there, his face calm and even. He moved to the desk on Fe's left side and sat down, his bag resting to his right on the floor. He and Fe pulled out their tablets and bottles of water, setting them on the desks as they waited for class to start.

"Should one of us go to the Infirmary to check on Ariana?", Fe whispered to him.

Evan looked at her and smiled.

"At break, it's only the introduction classes. Each should only take about thirty minutes to an hour. She's in the Infirmary with people who will take care of her and keep her comfortable, she'll be fine.", he responded in a low whisper.

Fe frowned.

"I know we have only known her for a couple days but she tends to ...... panic when she's not around us. Remember what Chichi said, her emotional state can become chaotic and hectic if she's not around us for very long.", Fe offered.

Evan looked at her seriously.

"You worry too much. She's fine, trust me. We don't need a mark for missing class on the first day. Does she have her computer?", Evan asked, holding up his wrist where his watch sized computer rested.

Fe looked down at her own upon her wrist and then back up at him.

"I think so.", she responded.

"Okay, then quickly before the Professor comes, try to call her.", he said, opening his water and taking a drink.

Fe sighed softly and looked at the portable computer on her wrist. Her Parents had given Ariana one the night before and gave her a quick overview of how to use it, telling her to always keep it on except when dealing with water. They hadn't made the small devices waterproof yet. Fe pressed one of the buttons on the side and the screen on the device lit up quickly, Fe reached into her bag and pulled up a toothpick thin stylus, tapping the screen of her computer a few times before there was a faint click. She brought her wrist up and spoke softly.

"Ariana, are you okay? Evan and I are in class right now and we'll come see you at break in a couple hours. Want us to bring you anything?", she said softly into the end of her call.

She didn't even know if Ariana was conscious after this morning but she wanted to make sure.
Last edited by Dead_Inside on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm usually most active on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Minimally actives the rest of the week but I can find a way if RPs are going very well and I need to be around. Addicted to RPing and RP almost anything. ALMOST! There are limits. :D

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:55 pm

Lux wiped her eyes a little, looking to the girl who had called out to her. "I don't think I'm supposed to be here... u..unless I did something bad... people threaten and hurt other people here..." she had the completely wrong idea, but it hadn't been a good first impression to begin with. She really didn't understand any of it. "...but... I don't know how to get home... ... not... everyone is mean here... are they...?"
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

CherrytreeBee
Bronze

Post by CherrytreeBee » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:21 pm

Lyrea followed Keena without as much as saying anything, content with distracting herself with the new gadget she had been provided with. Upon mention of Keena having to go to the same class however, she visibly perked up a bit. Her interest had been piqued. Would they spend all, most or only some classes together? Lyrea stopped her train of thoughts, smiling to herself absent-mindedly. She was simply excited to have made a friend, considering she hadn't expected to make any at all on her first day of school. Finally she replied. "I guess so, I'm not sure if maybe I should unpack first. But I also don't wanna miss all this exciting new information! What do you think?" Saying that, she was watching Keena poke her tablet rather clumsily. With a quick few taps Lyrea found the app Keena was looking for.

however, before Keena could react to any of these, the two of them heard crying from the front of the school - and soon they discovered the source as well, a black-and-white haired girl with blue eyes. Lyrea glanced up at Keena for a moment, before rushing towards the distraught student. Keena didn't seem to have much experience in providing comfort.. So the white-haired short girl gave her best in her stead.

"Oh, no, I'm new to here but I'm sure you will meet lots of nice people! I met Keena-" she looked over at the taller girl, blushing a bit, "right after coming here and she has been super friendly to me!" She was kneeling next to her, smiling at her. "One bad experience shouldn't ruin your entire day. Are you new too? Maybe we can help you find your way around? Not that we are much better at navigating this school."
Love, Cherry!

ZuZu

Post by ZuZu » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:25 am

Kaelan nodded as Davenport indicted they leave, and trailed the siblings out of the room, closing the door carefully behind him. Turning, he padded behind the two in complete silence, gazing around the halls around them as they went. The sheer size of the his place still amazed him, and he almost didn't realize when they arrived at the classroom, following the black haired girl distractedly. It was good Davenport held the door for them, else he probably would have walked into it. This realization brought him back to focus, and Kae shifted on his feet for a moment sheepishly, glancing around the room to gauge who else was present, as well as find a seat. A few familiar faces. More students were beginning to filter in as well, taking seats at random and striking up conversation with those close by. Kaelan shrugged his shoulders, and headed towards the back, slipping into the final seat in the rear. He hoped the others wouldn't mind, but he didn't want to block anyone's view of the front.

The room came to a buzz as it filled, the siblings adding their voices to it as they spoke to one another, all of it becoming sort of white noise to the sand boy as he retrieved his materials and arranged his desk to his satisfaction, everything neatly lined up and organized. After that, he folded his arms onto his desk and leaned on them slightly, allowing his mind to wander. Vaguely, he remembered he'd never gotten Davenport's sister's name. Perhaps he could ask if she visited his roommate again, as he didn't expect them to interact with him outside of the necessary. Those two had an aura about them that gave the impression that if they didn't talk to you, you were best minding your own business.

~<>~

Keena came to a half a few feet from the kid, watching her. The girl spoke in a voice that wobbled, face still tear streaked, and the tall individual's mouth pursed. She wasn't really... sure how to handle crying people. And the things this one said didn't make much sense.

"Folks hurt 'n threaten each other everywhere kid, this place just adds magic 'n shit to the mix." Keena stated, vaguely waving a hand in a dismissive gesture. Before she could comment further, thought it wasn't like she had much, the doll-like girl beside her stepped forward, immediately offering kind words and gentle action. Keena let out a small puff of air, observing the exchange. One of Lyrea's sentences caught her attention, and the girl's dark brows rose.

"I wouldn't call me nice either, shorty." she muttered, half to herself, sort of amused, yet strangely endeared by the little one's optimistic outlook on the whole situation. She'd seen the same fight the half 'n half haired girl did, and was pretty easily spooked as Keena had observed before, but she had recovered well, even trying to help others. It was kinda weird, and the tall girl found herself content to just watch her companion in action for the moment, curious about this new and puzzling person she seemed to have stumbled across.

hellbounddemon
Silver

Post by hellbounddemon » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:29 pm

Ariana heard her watch and answered it "Just some water or something I need whatever I was given in the experiments and soon"

She was weak and tired"Tell your mom that I'm in the nursery room and tell her what I told you please"

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:03 pm

It was obvious by the surprised look on her face, that people hurting and threatening others was news to the already upset girl. it sounded... awful. Why would anyone want to be outside just to have people hurt them? It didn't make sense to her, and made her just want to go back, even more. But it seemed like she was going to have to stay, despite that the place seemed extremely dangerous. Her caretakers wanted her to be here and learn about her abilities. She wondered if they knew it was dangerous.

Listening to Lyrea, it seemed that she was sure that there was other nice people. The person who had been showing her around first seemed nice. She felt bad running off, but she had felt like she was in danger. She sighed lightly, and nodded. "Y..yeah... I'm... new too.. My name is Luxiana Nocturna... but.. my caretakers just usually call me Lux.."
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

CherrytreeBee
Bronze

Post by CherrytreeBee » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Lyrea was surprised at how sheltered the girl must have grown up to not be aware of the existence of bad people on the world, but that didn't hold the short healer back from giving her best at comforting the dual-haired girl. "It's nice to meet you, Lux. " She replied with a soft smile on her delicate face, her free hand moving a silky strand of her snow white hair out of her face as it fell forward in response to Lyrea's gentle movements. She offered Lux an outstretched hand so she could get off the hard ground, knowing that couldn't be very comfortable as it was paved with stone.

"I know bad people are scary, but I think it's important to remember that there's more than enough good people to make up for it - And without bad people, how would we even know what's good? I think it makes me appreciate the good things more." She explained a bit, shrugging as she thought about the whole ordeal, seeking for words to say. "And it makes me want to do a lot of good things for others!" Lyrea finally added enthusiastically, as she began rummaging in the small bag slung around her shoulder, getting out an unopened pack of tissues and handing it to Lux so she could wipe away her tears.
Love, Cherry!

ZuZu

Post by ZuZu » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Keena continued to watch the other two for a time, before glancing at the clock readout on her tablet and blinking. She turned back and flapped a hand to get their attention.

“Oi, shorty, discussing all this deep shit is is great ‘n all, but we’re gonna miss our first class if we don’t hussle. Plus, Cruella Jr. still needs ta register and such, ya?” She stated, squinting up at the rising sun for a moment, before back at the others, already half turned down the path, chin cocked in question. She could go on by herself if Lyrea wanted to help this strange kid.

Dead_Inside

Post by Dead_Inside » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 pm

While Fe dealt with her call to Ariana, Evan looked over Fe towards Kaelen.

"So, forgot to introduce you to my sister. Her names Phoenix Saten but she prefers to be called Fe. Don't tell her I told you but she thinks you're hot.", he said the last part in a whisper so his sister couldn't hear him.

He looked back at his sister quickly to make sure she hadn't heard him. Seeing she was still listening to her call, he looked back at Kaelen.

"So, since we're waiting for the Professor and maybe three or four more people. What's your power?", Evan asked.

He held up his hand and surrounded it in frost and shards of clear, sharp looking ice so Kaelen could see. There was a slight burst of cold from him, then he made the ice and frost disappear as he smiled at Kaelen, the chill in the air spreading through the back of the class.

"Mine is Ice and Frost Manipulation and Manifestation. My twin can do the same but with Fire.", Evan informed him with a smile.

"I don't know if they will bring that, Ariana. Remember what Chichi said? That stuff won't be needed now that you are with the family. I can call them after class and tell them to come get you.", Fe offered as she spoke softly into her tiny computer.

She looked up as she felt the cold blast of air from her brother's side of the room and punched him in the arm. Evan laughed at the hit, rubbing his arm. Fe scowled at him a moment, not that she hated the cold but if she wasn't expecting it, it annoyed her a bit.
I'm usually most active on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Minimally actives the rest of the week but I can find a way if RPs are going very well and I need to be around. Addicted to RPing and RP almost anything. ALMOST! There are limits. :D