The New World: The Truth

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Re: The New World: The Truth

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:19 pm

A smile, that was a good sign. A part of Luke was afraid Haven would tear into him for taking Clarke on a run and coming back with buckshot in his ass. "The father, he attacked us. I tried to just disable him, but he bled out." Luke lied, his eyes momentarily turning towarda Clarke before turning back. "The kid helped, he distracted him so i didnt get blown to bits." He explained to Haven as he stopped just a foot short of her. "I found a grave by the barn, was the mother. Couldnt just leave this one behind." Luke told her as he uncovered the sleeping babys face. "Here." He told Haven as he handed off the child to her, allowing him to look at his own wounds as they walked.

--

Miller had been awake around the same time as David, opting to stay seated in the same chair as the night before until he felt good enough to move. His eyes scanned over the two women, liabilities, as he moved to the edge of the chair, hoisting himself to his feet. His fave scrunched as he looked at the two women, one trying to help, the other an obvious lunatix with a death with. With a *clank* of the walking stick, Miller stepped over to David, tapping him on the shoulder as he motioned to step outside. The mp5 left behind on the chair.

As miller stepped outside, he motioned for David to close the door, so the two of them could speak privately. "There something i should probably tell you... all of you, but ill let you hear it first. Fair warning.. its going to piss you off." He spoke in a hushed tone as he turned to face David.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:57 pm

David heard the the walking stick before the tap on the shoulder. Nodding some he followed Miller back outside.

The marine regarded Miller quietly as he leaned against one of the support beams for the porch covering. “Miller, this place has done nothing but piss me off since I got here....”. He sighed a bit at that thought, but then quickly shook that feeling of remorse off. This wasn’t the time to be dwelling on past events.

“I have a feeling this has to deal with the chem weapons you mentioned yesterday?” He looked at Miller questioningly. The thought that someone as crazy as Harold could have access to them, but then again ever since the bombs dropped, nothing really surprised David anymore. Though any information he could get to help out, he’d be glad to get it.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:44 pm

Miller stayed silent for atleast a minute before he answered, taking the long pause to think carefully about his response. He scratched his head and sighed deeply "I have a feeling I made you think Harold has some kind of weapon. Which.. in a way i guess he does. But in order for me to explain, i need you to know the truth about the bombs.." Miller started as attempted to stand up straight "I was in DC when it happened. The 'bombs'. Anyone who had power in this country was in the white house. The only reason I was there was to provide protection. Which at the time i thought was odd. Intelligence agents dont usually work the field. But against my better judgement, i followed orders." Miller sighed again as he looked at the ground "The President was giving a speech, something about a traitor in the chain of command. Someone released access codes to a top secret military weapon, a bomb. But no ordinary bomb.. it was a new top secret protype, but we were so desperste to end the war, that a few of these had been scattered along the coasts in military bases, ready for launch in case we needed an ace in the hole." Miller paused again "He used the term chemical warefare, and end of the world... i didnt believe until.. I saw it in Eden."

"Some people call it 'The Curse', 'The New Plague', or what Harold calls it.. 'The Sickness.'..I had only arrived in Eden maybe two weeks after everything happened. My son, he was sick. High fever, blistering skin, vomiting.. but the most odd symptom.. was a black and reddish spot on his stomach. It branched out.. the more sick he got. He wasnt the only one either.. My wife.. and almost three dozen more people. All sick. All had that mark. Harold didnt want it to spread. So..he had them all.." Miller lofted his gaze to look David dead in the eyes. "All of them.. they killed of them. After they experimented on them.. watched them..Said they were sick.. Couldnt be saved. That they would.. turn into one of those.. fucking monsters.. I hadnt seen it much since then." Miller trailed off, leaning on his walking stick. It was a lot to take in. And there was a lot Miller still hadnt told him. But he felt he should do it once piece at time.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:34 pm

Haven listened to Luke's story. She wanted to give them both hell for the danger they had put themselves in. But something told Haven - they both didn't need her lecturing them right now. As she took the baby from his arms, she nodded slowly before following the boys back to the van.

Once they got there Haven placed the baby inside the van, making sure the infant wouldn't roll off the seat either before she pulled out her medical bag as she had indeed seen the blood on Luke.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:05 pm

David visibly tensed up after listening through the whole story. Everything Miller said had made sense. His higher ups spoke of new missile tech being delivered to the nearby ballistic missile silos near the base he was stationed at, but the contents and payload were classified top secret so he didn’t know much else than that.

That mutated tiger....And those screaming creatures....I thought those were accidental mutants...Fucking hell.

“Those monsters.....I ran into quite a few of them in LA...” David slowly worked passed the shock of the revelation, his face turning to a deathly serious expression, “And your telling me that Harold somehow managed to get ahold of that same shit that was loaded into those missiles?”

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:57 pm

"Not exactly.. but i do know that he had someone, locked away.. that is sick right now.. he tried.. to get me infected. Luckily it didnt seem to work. So instead he tried to kill me. Which obviously didnt work either. He might be trying to use it as a weapon. How, i dont know." Miller responded, understanding this was a lot to take in. "So.. we arent just going up against some fat bible thumper with a lot of guns.. son of a bitch has an advantage." Miller swalloed hard before looking back at the cabin. "I would keep this between us for the time being. If we can use them in some way we should.but they dont need to know everything."

--

Luke felt relieved when they arrived back at the van. He was still bleeding, and it would be nice for Haven to get the shrapnel out sooner than later. He took off his shirt while Haven delt with the baby. He left his hand run along his shoulder and tricep where he was struck. He could feel a sharp pain in his thigh as well, the blood spot telling him he got hit pretty good. "Cmon doc, i need you to fix me up." Luke called from the other side of the van.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:35 am

Ami and Mia both nodded in agreement with Haven with Mia hopping in the back with her mom, but as the hours weighed on and Luke and Clarke continued to stay gone Haven finally got out of the van and talked about going to find them. Ami was going to go along, but she wasn't going to leave Mia alone and with Mia already kicking back to relax she figured the girl would refuse. "Hey, we'll stay back in case someone comes along to try and steal the van" she says to a retreating Haven.

It wasn't really that long before Ami grew bored so instead of just sitting around she got back out of the van and began to walk around the clearing gathering sticks and rocks to make a small fire pit with. Because knowing Luke he's either gotten himself or Clarke hurt and they'd need a fire to heat up a knife to seal a wound.

As the hours drew on the the day turned to dusk Ami wiped her brow as she looked over the fire that she had finally managed to get started without a lighter. "Mia...hey Mia grab me a few cans of chili from the food pack and a pot" she said over her shoulder then turned as the young girl let out a groan of tired annoyance. "I know you did..." she was stopped as the sound of people neared the clearing. She quickly pulled out her gun and readied to shoot, but as Haven and Luke came into focus she relaxed a little.

"Jesus...the fuck happened to you?" she asks looking at the blood.

Mia attempted to sleep, but because of her mom making noises from outside she couldn't sleep. She was left laying there looking at the wall of the van tiredly, yet at the same time she was fully angry that her mom just wouldn't relax and instead had to be doing something. When she heard her mom finally call her out she pretended to be asleep in hopes the older woman would finally get the hints, but that was when she heard other people. Luke, Haven, and Clarke must have come back, she thought to herself as she slowly got up and peered out to find Luke leaning on the van, a piece of metal sticking out of him.

"Damn...that looks like it hurts?" she nods looking him up and down.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 am

David couldn’t believe it. Harold had a LIVING bio weapon stashed away and no one even knew it. His fists clenched tightly as he listened to all the details Miller was giving him. He shook his head and his mind began racing with plans and ideas on how to rectify this situation once and for all.

“Alright...First thing is first. We need to crippled Harold’s broadcasting network by knocking out that relay tower up on the mountain above the compound.” He looked up in the direction it was in. David’s eyes narrowing as if he was trying to see it.

“Once that’s done...My main objective will be to destroy that creature. That’s one thing that son of a bitch does not need to have” The marine looked back at Miller. His face resolute in face of the fight ahead of him, “Since you were his second, I need any and all information about the entire compound I can get. We need to get a handle on this mess before it gets out of control. I also don’t want that asshole going and trying to track down Ami and Mia.”

————

The guard nodded a bit and spoke into his radio. Then both he and Driscoll began the long march to the main residence where Harold would be. He began wondering what it was the man wanted to talk about. He had hinted it was about tracking and hunting, but deep inside Driscoll knew it wasn’t wild game that he was going to be tracking.

Within about fifteen minutes, Driscoll was standing outside the mayors residence. The guard presence was heavy here, and he could tell why. The guard held up his hand, telling him to wait while he went inside to let Harold know his guest was waiting outside.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:26 am

Once Haven had what she needed , she looked over at Luke, before she motioned Clarke over,"Watch the babe,"she said softly before she hurried over to Luke. As she came to stand a few inches away from him, she set her bag down and handed him the alcohol bottle,"You might wanna drink some before I do anything,"she said as he took the bottle she opened her bag and grabbed some gloves out first.

______

Clarke sat beside the infant, as he looked down at the child, the memory that was still fresh in his mind flashed before his eyes. He took a child's father away - just like this world had taken his parents.. Clarke didn't know how he would tell Haven what happened. But he hoped she understood.. he was trying to protect Luke, the boy had been so scared in the moment he forgot another lesson Haven taught him, always keep your eyes on the target.. what if he had shot Luke? He wondered as he glanced at the man and Haven then away.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:42 am

Luke grabbed the bottle and took a swig, looking over at Ami. "Hey sweetheart, daddys okay." He replied sarcastically. "I got shot, the fuck you think?" Je asked with a smirk as he took another swig. "Alright get the ones in my arm first. Then ill take my pants off." Luke winked with a stupid smirk as he turned himself so she could take the shrapnel out. "Got a new member of the group. She's in the van, you should meet her. " he called to Ami.

--

"Alright Rambo.. i know this is a lot to process, but do you think thats the smartest idea?" Miller asked, clearing his throat. "Theres no way we can knock that thing down without serious firepower. Or more people. Which we dont have. And getting to that thing. Will be impossible. I dont even know where it is... i dont even know if its on the compound. The odds of finding it are not in our favor. I propose a different plan."

"Our little follower, inside, gave me an idea. We starve them out. Take out resources, gas, food, people, guns. When they send people for a run, we set up a trap and kill them. Scare them. It might take a little longer than a direct approach.. but it would be a hell of a lot easier." Miller suggested, studying Davids face for a response.