A False Perception [Tanith, Jhibus (and me)]

Jhibus
Bronze

Re: A False Perception [Tanith, Jhibus (and me)]

Post by Jhibus » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Oliver pondered the implications of this. A neutralising agent for this type of drug could turn out to be useful, especially if it was as dangerous as the doctor made it out to be... and also profitable. Adrian had also mentioned the aerosol being unsafe and released into the air many years ago. Was this doctor looking for a cure for the affected or something? Oliver would have scoffed if not for the fact said goodie-two-shoes doctor was in right front of him.

"So... You're saying I could have this drug if I were to create an antidote of sorts for it." he asked, reclining slightly in his booth. "I have the feeling there is a big 'if' somewhere, yes?"
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:31 pm

"No, actually, there isn't a big if. Were you to help me make, as you called it, an antidote of sorts, it would only affect the unsafe version. And you could have the frozen liquid samples of it, which most likely only need slight altering in order to be made safe."

Adrian thought for a moment

"The aerosol is actually affecting everyone. I did notice that the further away from the lab, the weaker the effects are. The whole point of the aerosol was to hide the state that the world really is in. Even near where Miss Harlow lives doesn't even look half as bad as it would in reality. Once the aerosol has been neutralized, the world everyone will see will be the one that I remember from when I was younger..."

Adrian didn't add that such a thing would most likely result in there being a rise in people wanting to escape the real world, meaning a boost in Oliver's business.

Tanith
Gold

Post by Tanith » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:35 pm

*Aella perks up slightly and puts her coffee down

" You'll be making money off this anyway Oliver. People will want to escape and will buy your products which will ruine their lives and their familes. "
* Aellas bitterness comes through as she speaks
Books are better than People

Jhibus
Bronze

Post by Jhibus » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 am

Oscar put his hand to his chin in a thinking gesture, making a show of mulling it over. If he were to make an antidote he'd have to study and rack his brain for long-forgotten chemical knowledge that didn't involve the usual narcotics he made, but that was insignificant if what Adrian said was true. Making a tidy profit with literally no conceivable downsides to himself? Of course he'd accept.

He outright almost laughed right there and then when Aella mentioned him potentially ruining the lives of customers. As if he was responsible for the wellbeing of his customers. "I'm a salesman, sweetheart. Don't look at me as if it was my fault if my clients want to ruin their own lives, they know the risks of buying drugs. They just don't care, and, well... Who am I to refuse a paying customer wanting my products?"

"If you truly cared so much about the poor misguided drug-addled souls that live their lives getting their kicks from my drugs, you wouldn't have approached me in the first place. Unless... there's something you think is more important than staying ethical."

Tanith
Gold

Post by Tanith » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:48 pm

*ow there goes Aellas self control. She aggressively throws her cup of coffee, which She was rather enjoying, against the wall adjacent to her. Aella can be rarther sensitive when it comes to druggies. It wasnt drugs specifically she disliked,she coudnt give a rats ass what people do to themselves, its the knock on effects it has people around them, say their own children. Aella goes to raise her voice but feels the tightening grip of painful memories, a sharp stabbing pain in the chest which locks her jaw into place. She sort of just stands there for a moment or two then sits back down without saying a word. It is quite evident that she has somthing on her mind but dosnt verbalize it. She is intrested in this job amf dosnt want to be cut out of it before the fun could start.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:02 am

"Oh jeez..." Adrian muttered to himself when Aella lost her self control. He looked at Oliver. "As you may have guessed from Miss Harlow's reaction, that wasn't the... wisest thing to say. She has rather personal reasons to not like the consequences that occur when people take drugs."

Adrian didn't give a shit whether Aella asked how - or what - he knew.

He sipped at his coffee, thinking.

"Hmmm... Just need to pick up Kelly, and then we're all set. By the way, you two will probably see what I mean when I say everything looks nicer the closer to the lab where I used to work..."

Jhibus
Bronze

Post by Jhibus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:17 am

Oliver gulped, mentally berating himself as he remembered how volatile Aella could be. He watched warily as Aella stood up menacingly, and let out an inaudible but gracious sigh as she sat back down. Stupid him - he should have been a bit less upfront about his personal feelings.

He looked at Adrian as he started speaking, then glanced at Aella out of the corner of his eye. Personal reasons... of course. He pulled his gaze back to Adrian as he mentioned they needed to pickup someone else, and set his coffee mug down with only a slight tremor of his hand betraying his calmness.

"Now would probably be a good time to leave by the way. That smashed mug drew a lot of attention, if you hadn't already noticed." Oliver gestured to the frightful and worried expressions of the shop's other patreons looking towards their table. Mourning the loss of the doubtlessly expensive ceramic mug Aella had thrown, Oliver drew some money from his wallet and beckoned a waitress over. Flashing a polite smile and murmuring a polite and sheepish apology to her, he passed three 50 dollar bills to her to cover the costs and told her to keep the change.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:16 am

"Yes, you are probably right."

Adrian's eyes scanned the other people in the cafe. There was one person who seemed... too calm. And Adrian felt a slight tug of recognition, even though he couldn't place the face.

"Dammit. Uh, yeah, you're definitely right about us needing to leave. For more reasons than you realise. We're taking my car, obviously."

Adrian was glad about the adaptations he had made to his car. Literally no one could see it unless they were looking right at it and knew it was there. Plus, Aella could scream and shout as much as she wanted in there, and no one outside the car would hear a thing.

Tanith
Gold

Post by Tanith » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:43 am

*Aella lets out a sigh of annoyance. Her Emotions get the better of her sometimes which has cost her plenty of jobs in the past. She want about to let it happen to this job. She stands to leave but she turns to Oliver and speaks in a calm and measured tone.

" You say anything like that again, it will be you thrown against the wall not the mug."

*She hates the fact that Adrien probably knows about her past. But she decides not to confront him about it. She waits for the others to get up and leave

Jhibus
Bronze

Post by Jhibus » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 am

Oliver sneered at Aella, masking the jolt of fear he felt at her threat. Grasping his cane and standing up, he moved out of the booth and brushed off his suit. He self-consciously adjusted his hat as he scowled at the other cafe's customers, then cleared his throat loudly as they kept looking at him. "We'd appreciate it if you minded your own businesses, folks." Anyway, it was Aella that had smashed the cup, not him! Why weren't they staring at her instead? There wasn't a coffee stain on his suit or anything, right? That would be embarrassing.

Mentally shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Oliver tilted his head towards the entrance. "Are we leaving or not?"

It was annoying how they had to take Adrian's car instead of his own, luxurious full-grain leather-upholstered car, but if it got him that drug then he would bear the shame of riding a comparatively plebeian vehicle.