Sold to Vampires

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Re: Sold to Vampires

Post by BlondieBoy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:25 am

"Perfect, thank you Victor." Busker took Isabelle by the wrist and stood from his seat, standing next to her. Busker looked back to Victor, "You know, if I'd known you're that into the way my buildings look or how old they are or that nonsense, I could've shown you more of the grounds-" Busker grabs his own ribs, clutching and digging his nails in through his clothes easily. "That's the lack of blood. Sorry victor, I'll finish what I was saying later. For now..."

Busker turned his attention to Isabelle, a hunger in his eyes. He eyed her neck, bringing his hand to gently brush any stray hairs out of the way. From his front coat pocket he pulled a silk handkerchief that he used to wipe her neck of any potential sweat. And then busker lowered his head down and bit into her, his clean fangs secreting a numbing agent that also had a warming sensation. It was similar to getting numbed at the dentist except applied to the neck and vein. The person can still feel the pressure of their blood being sucked out, the blood rushing from other parts of their body to meet Busker's fangs.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

WinterRose

Post by WinterRose » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:16 am

Following Victor to the had of the table where Busker was sitting, her nervousness grew. Only really nodding in response to Victor's response to her questions. She wondered how she would react to what was imminent. Would she freak out the first time? Would she panic and get all clammy? Or would she simply shut down? She had signed up for this, so it was bound to happen. Isabelle was actually grateful it was sooner than later. That way she could adjust to her knew lifestyle a little faster.

Heart thumping in her chest, she stopped when Victor stopped and looked up at the tall man now before her, Busker. She was now getting a closer look at her host. But some of her fear still lay in her heart, and in turn she subconsciously nibbled on her lip and played with her fingers behind her back as her other arm was held by the man. Her nerves beginning to get the best of her.

Listening to their short conversation, Isabelle looked down at the ground, feeling slightly awkward. But before she let her mind wander off, Busker touched her neck and shiver went down her spine at his gentle touch, causing her hair to stand on end. And as she drew in a quick breath, the skin of her neck was broken. There wasn't really any pain, but that numbness Victor had stated previously, and that inhumane feeling of feeling the blood being sucked from her. It was truly the strangest sensation she had ever felt. But though strange, she began to grow slightly lightheaded and leaned into Busker without meaning to. She was just a little uneasy on her legs and the sensation left her somewhat weak. But her eyes were wide and they stared straight ahead, lost of thought as she was seemingly frozen in shock.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 am

Cecelia disappeared soon after Busker finished speaking. She rolled her suitcase down to her room and began unpacking. Cecelia made and active effort into making her room look as human as possible. Her survival as a vampire was tied to her ability to fit in. The only exception was one corner which she'd placed her ritual tools. Even if the other vampires of the world neglected the Old Mother, Cecelia wouldn't. It was their duty to ensure that she had a steady supply of souls. The absence of the progenitor of all vampires was also a question that required an answer. Cecelia also had to ensure that the other arch vampires were running their houses smoothly. Her current priority was Busker's.

She rejoined the group in the dining room, just in time to watch as Busker reanimated the musicians. Whilst she could appreciate the music that they played, Cecelia preferred living entertainment. Most of the time she would feed on them after, but the other added benefit was that she was allowed to conserve her own blood reserves. After watching Busker sink into his chair Cecelia's gaze shifted to Victor and finally Isabelle. The human was terrified. Yve and Ri seemed unnerved too. Finally, the moment came where Busker sank his teeth in. The impersonal nature of his feeding method was the biggest thing Cecelia noticed. It was probably the method he'd found best over the years but it was radically different to how Cecelia would do it.

Watching the feeding also made Cecelia consider having a bite herself. The most appealing skill in the room was Yve and Ri's use of sign language. Of course, simply having a talent wasn't enough. Cecelia would have to get to know them better before she'd consider taking blood.

Cecelia made her way over to the pair.

"It's certainly a... macabre display." Hopefully the idle comment would break the ice.

"You're Yve and Ri, right? It's good to meet you." Cecelia extended her hand to Yve and Ri in turn.

"I know it might be a bit soon to ask, but do you mind teaching me a thing or two about sign language whenever you have the time? I think it might be a good way to break the ice a bit. Hopefully it means I can help out a bit if you need me too, as well."

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 pm

Victor nodded once more after being thanked and was beginning to walk away before Busker's talk of architecture grabbed his attention. He seemed intrigued, if not slightly embarrassed that Busker had heard his enthused rant about the look of the mansion.
Despite his slight embarrassment, Victor was excited about the idea of getting an in-depth tour of the grounds. He hadn't done too much exploring himself, sticking to the places that he was familiar with. The mansion must be full of dangers and Victor had finally learned to not treat himself as invincible.

But before he could respond, Busker had clawed a hole through his clothes due to thirst. Victor's eyes widened slightly, but he calmed himself quickly. There wasn't anything to worry about, just like he had told Isabelle. Busker was going to be careful, Victor had to trust him.
Letting out a deep breath, he turned his head to the side. Was it impolite to look? Out of the corner of his eye he saw the fangs enter. Isabelle certainly seemed shocked, but she hadn't struggled or screamed. The first time must always be unnerving.

Victor continued to look away at the orchestra and pretend that he wasn't looking. How long had it been since he'd drunk some fresh blood again? He couldn't remember, genuinely had no idea. Although Victor wasn't ravenous, he just eagerly anticipated his next meal.
I'm Blondie's Princess

Maxx[2.0]ine
Platinum

Post by Maxx[2.0]ine » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:31 pm

Yve watched curiously as Victor and Isabelle made their way over to Busker. She could see they were talking, yet Ri wasn't telling her what they were saying. Why? Was she hiding something from her? What was it?

As soon as she saw what it was, her eyes widened in horror and she immediately buried her face in Ri's shoulder so she couldn't see anything happening at that end of the room. She should have expected it, she knew she should have expected it. That was the whole reason they were there, to be food for the vampires. But it was just all too much for the poor girl.

Ri put her arms around her friend to comfort her, hating how badly she was dealing with it. It was awful seeing her like this, especially since she had been sure Yve would be able to handle it better. She tapped her on the shoulder when she saw Cecelia coming over, and Yve took a small step back so they both had enough space to sign. Ri translated as the female vampire spoke.
It's nice to meet her too, Yve signed, although Ri could tell she didn't entirely mean it at the moment. Please don't teach her, I don't want to talk to anyone except you, Ri.
Ri rolled her eyes at that, and smiled at Cecelia. "Of course I wouldn't mind teaching you sign language." She was speaking slightly slower than usual, since she was also signing for Yve. And it was obvious that Yve wasn't happy with what Ri was saying. "It would certainly be nice to have someone else who Yve can talk to, especially, uh…" She trailed off. She was about to say especially one of you vampires, but decided that might not be the best thing to say. "Anyways… I can teach you the alphabet first soon, if you want. Means you'll at least be able to fingerspell to talk to her, until I can teach you more than that. It's a shame I didn't think to bring the books I used to learn with me," she said.
She glanced back at Yve, just to see her sign Bitch, causing Ri to laugh slightly, rolling her eyes yet again.
madness is a rational response to a crazy world

you need a little bit of insanity to do great things

Check out my writing thread, if you want ^-^

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:20 pm

Busker retracted his fangs from Isabelle's neck and held her by the shoulders to support her from potentially falling down. Busker was more tempered than a regular vampire might be with their draining, but that's on account of his age and experience more than his morality. He gently shifts his and Isabelle's positions so that he can set her down in the chair at the head of the table. "You were lovely Isabelle, your blood tastes far better than the muck I've been drinking with Victor the past month or so. Though there are still improvements to be made to flavor, a Vampire's work is never done."

Busker turned himself around to the others who had begun to pile over at the side. "Well that's a little impolite to stare isn't it?" Busker folds his arms and raises an eyebrow at Victor and the others, before grinning wide. "Only kidding of course. I don't mind, it's only natural to get curious about what it's like. Still though, I apologize for such a public display. It's not often that I get to reanimate the prodigies, not only do they need to shake the calcium build up off their bones but I need to shake off the rust of using a greater power. I normally get by on party tricks while most of my power remains...indisposed."

He walks over to the doors leading out to the foyer and then begins to float. "Victor, I'm going to go receive Cassandra. The staff will be by momentarily with the dinner, everyone try and remain calm- The staff may look a little odd, but they're sensible like you humans. To them you look like little pink weasels so just remember that before you judge." Busker takes off floating through the doors, calling back to Victor with a reminder. "Remember, the Kitchen is off limits!"
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:43 am

Victor subtly grimaced once Busker mentioned the blood that they had been drinking for the past few months. Due to the lack of Humans in the household to feed from Victor must have been given old or transported blood, and it tasted like it. It was like having to eat stale bread, tasteless and hard to get through. Drinking that blood never became easier, he actually remembered it getting harder. It was no wonder that Victor had gotten slightly weaker over his time living at the mansion, he must be consuming less without realising.

Once Cassandra was mentioned Victor obviously perked up, giving his emotions away once again. He was expecting Cassandra to arrive far after dinner, after the tour even, in the Planetarium. But now? Victor could hardly keep still.
Despite his excitement, it dawned on Victor that Busker was no longer around to supervise the new guests. He instantly straightened up, the excited smile at his lips sinking away. However he still sounded happier than earlier in the night.

Firstly, he turned to Isabelle who had been seated by Busker in the chair at the head of the table.
"How are you feeling? Tell me if you need anything, alright?" He asked, taking his newfound responsibility over the guests seriously. Feeling faint or weak was fairly common, for humans being fed from by vampires and humans just going for an injection at the doctor's. He looked over the rest of the guests.
"Same goes for the rest of you. If you're feeling overwhelmed or freaked out let me know and I'll see what I can do. For many of you this is the first time you're witnessing anything like this. I know it may be strange..." Victor took a seat at the dining table as dinner was about to be served, putting his elbows on the table. He spoke in a hushed tone, but loud enough for the others to hear. "... but it's going to get stranger, I'm afraid. First vampires, then musical skeletons, and now the staff. The staff at this mansion are neither human nor vampire. They're called the Podle, they're as intelligent and sensible as humans but physically you're like chalk and cheese. Just try not to be too alarmed, they pose no threat to you."
I'm Blondie's Princess

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:02 am

Cecelia gave a polite nod when Ri smiled at her. Having a new skill under her belt was more than welcome. She'd also taken note of how Yve had reacted to the bite. It hardly surprised Cecelia. Whilst Busker has carefully selected who he'd picked for cattle, being so open with biting was too overt for her. Despite having neglected to look into it in any great detail prior, Cecelia decided that she would try to pry more into the divide between humans and vampires during her time at the house. After all, the vampires should be supplying souls to the Old mother, no different to any tree that yielded fruit. Perhaps by getting a better understanding using a smaller model Cecelia would finally be able to justify the centuries of silence.

"That'd be wonderful, really." Cecelia's tone was genuine, in spite of her other motives.

"By the way, if you ever wanted to understand how... well... we do things... don't hesitate to ask."

Cecelia's eyes darted between both Yve and Ri. Knowing that she'd probably overstayed her welcome and that the food would be arriving soon, the Arch Vampire anticipated the end of their conversation.

WinterRose

Post by WinterRose » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:19 pm

Isabelle let Busker sit her down, her body still in a weird state of shock from what had just occurred. She had just given blood to Busker, he bit her neck, and the weirdest sensation happened. She almost liked it, but her logical sense made her shudder in disgust. Knowing she would never get used to it. But now, it was very real. Why she was here was to be 'cattle' to their thirst. Nothing more, nothing less. But at least she'd live comfortably till she would eventually die.

Turning to Busker she gave a weak smile, a bit tired from giving blood. "I'm just a bit tired now, but I'll be fine. Can I have some water? Or some juice?' Either one would help me feel better." Isabelle stated softly. She didn't want to worry anyone. But having donated blood in the past at health centers, she knew being hydrated was very important when giving blood. As is juice or even some small crackers. But with what just happened, she lost her appetite. Water or juice would be fine for now. As log as she didn't strain herself, she would be just fine.