(Lord Salvatus) Broken Fourth Wall

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Re: (Lord Salvatus) Broken Fourth Wall

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:34 am

Meta Knight noticed the snowball coming toward him even with his back turned, but he pretended to have no idea anyway, allowing the snowball to successfully collide with him. His eyes briefly glimmered a soft pink of amusement as he glanced at Finley from the corner of his eye.

--

Encouraged by the sight of Meta Knight getting hit by the snowball, Shadow hopped up and tossed his own snowball toward the warrior. This one made a successful hit as well, and Shadow beamed proudly. However, much to his surprise, Meta Knight suddenly rose with an armful of about six snowballs. A playfully devious look glittered in his yellow eyes, before he swiftly launched all six toward the two young Kiridans at once.
xxVictory is Image my destiny.xx

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 am

With a childish squeal Finley dived out of the way to his snow pile nearby, just barely avoiding one.

--

Meanwhile, a small area away Aryn sat on a tree stump, likely having gotten tired from the fight. He watched the snow around him gently fall, his tail slowly swishing back and forth a little.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:23 am

Meta Knight threw his last snowball, which just narrowly missed Shadow as he dove in after Finley, giggling with delight. The warrior turned back to his own snowy wall in order to make more snowballs, when something caught his attention at the edge of his vision.

Looking up, Meta Knight saw Aryn sitting a short distance away with his back turned, watching the snowfall. The fox's long tail swished gently back and forth while he rested. And as much as Meta Knight tried to resist, he simply couldn't. It slowly entranced the knight, his eyes following its every movement.

The Star Warrior slowly crept up behind Aryn, his glowing yellow eyes still fixated on his tail. Meta stopped a slight distance away, and, his eyes gaining a wide, almost childish look, the Kiridan reached out a hand and softly batted at the fox's fluffy tail a couple times.

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:30 am

Immediately Aryn’s ears flipped back, turning to see who had touched his tail. He seemed noticeably surprised when he saw that it was Meta Knight trying to bat at it, expecting it to have been one of the younger ones. “What in the devil’s name are you doing?” he asked confusedly.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:38 am

Jumping, his eyes flashing a shocked white, Meta Knight instantly snapped out of his trance and quickly hopped back a pace, almost stumbling over himself in the snow as he scrambled to grip the ends of his navy-blue cape in order to wrap it around his body in his usual pose. "Ah-! N-nothing!" the warrior said quickly, feeling a deep burning sensation spread across his face beneath his mask.

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:58 am

Aryn gave him an almost bewildered look, deciding to wrap his tail around his body. Acting like nothing had happened, he then turned back again to face forward, getting some snow out of his thick blue hair when he realized some was stuck in it still.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:13 am

Hiding his face behind his cape in embarrassment, Meta Knight turned and slunk off toward a nearby tree, where he easily hopped up to one of the lower branches. Almost every Kiridan began its life with that habit, but he'd seemingly never outgrown his the way most did. It was the subject of much teasing by the others in the Galaxy Soldier Army, much to his bane.

Meta Knight held back a sigh, but he couldn't help but halfway watch Aryn's tail again, just... well... in case.

The still-falling snow, however, also caught his attention. This was certainly a strange phenomenon, even an unnatural one. Even in the winter, it seldom snowed in Dreamland. But it was summer.

Something must be causing this, the knight pondered, gazing out into the distance, as his eyes became a shimmering green.

Just it was like the last time.

And I need to find out what.

Only after making sure no one was paying him any mind, backing further into the shadows, Meta Knight unfurled his bat-like wings. His gaze set on the distance, the warrior dulled the brilliant glow of his yellow eyes for some added stealth, making them appear a dull golden color. Then, spreading his wings, he softly hopped off the tree branch. Flapping his wings to gain height, the Star Warrior plunged into the dark of the night and vanished into the shadows, determined to find the cause of the strange snowfall.

--

A familiar small gray shape burrowed out of the thick layer of snow on the ground, fairly near to Aryn, shaking herself to loosen the bits of snow that clung to her fluffy fur. Sub-Zero climbed out and casually approached Aryn, where she stood next to the tree stump the fox sat on, silently watching the snowfall for a moment.

"I wonder where this snow came from," she murmured, gazing out into the distance. "It came on so suddenly, right in the middle of the summer. And it's still falling."

The puff held out a gloved hand, letting a few snowflakes gently drift down from the sky onto it. Due to her icy body temperature, which was even colder than ever as it adapted to the temperatures outside, the snowflakes didn't even melt, sticking there just as they would have on the ground.

Moving her hand back to her side, she lifted her head to the skies once again. "It's almost... odd."
Last edited by Sir Meta Knight on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:43 pm

Aryn matched some of the flakes fall onto his pawpads and slowly pile up. “Yeah...especially for a place with a warm climate like this. It shouldn’t be snowing here.”

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:28 pm

"In the three or so years that I've lived here, I have never seen it snow once," she mused. "So what could possibly make it snow at a time like this?"

Sub-Zero was quiet for a moment, gazing out across the vast castle courtyard. "Earlier, I overheard Fumu saying something about two other occasions where it snowed, quite some time before I arrived here. And according to her, the first time was caused by a demon beast that King Dedede ordered."

"I hope that is not the cause this time as well," the Kiridan sighed. "But either way, it could not have possibly been Dedede's doing. We have all had our eye on him right up until the snow started falling, have we not?"

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:56 am

“If I’m remembering correctly, he was in the snowball fight with us,” Aryn said, glancing back at the others, who now were all resting.