Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

Archmagos

Re: Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

Post by Archmagos » Wed May 15, 2019 7:44 am

Guy of G wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:58 am

The tau were startled by the blast of hostile code in auditory form and began chattering harder in a more panicked and worried tone. He at least accomplished what he set out to do. Further down the hall he started hearing a commotion... And the distinctive cracking noises of dark lances, followed by the shouting and yelling of his captors' infernal tongues as obscene Xenos alarms began to go off. Whoever it was, the Magos should hope that its here for the Dark Eldar.
Azrael felt the animistic pleasure of their fear, but was distracted by the noise of the Dark Eldar, turning of his war chant and moving over to the front of his container. He tried out stretching his optical mechandrite to see what was causing the commotion. Praying it was someone coming to rescue him, he wanted nothing more than to escape this vile place and return to his beautiful ship.

Cavaliere

Post by Cavaliere » Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 am

sir_fire wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:24 am
When Liam began to talk, the girl turned to him with such eyes... Eyes so full of loss and defeat, one would wonder if she were still alive or just a body being forced to go on in autopilot despite losing all will to live. She continued to stare right through him, utterly silent and her expression never changing once even as he made a fool of himself by saying it was all his fault and his pathetic attempt at speaking Japanese.

Eventually, when the gift was placed on where her lap should be, she finally does something else other than giving Liam the thousand-yard stare by opening the case. Upon seeing what was inside, her dead expression slowly twisted into that of disbelief and not the good kind...

"...Is this some sort of joke?"

Lt. Adashino turns to Liam again, this time her face warped in anger and sorrow.

"Am I that pitiful? That weak? That you would remind me of what I have lost, what you have taken from me with... THESE?!"

Her hands clench the case so tightly that it began to deform somewhat.

"Why didn't you kill me when you tore off the hatch?! Is it because you wanted to avoid the guilt of taking another life? What a joke... You already took that along with my legs!!!"

She suddenly dumps the case onto the side of the bed, the mechanical limbs creating a terrible racket as they crashed onto the floor. Afterward, she turns away from Liam.

"Get out of my sight... I don't need your "generosity" when it is just to selfishly soothe your own conscience..."

If Liam hadn't already run off, he could clearly see her slight frame shuddering; clearly holding back her emotions as she didn't want to lose face, especially to him.
William Liam Tinmall
-----
"I KNOW THAT!"

The sudden outburst, stopping the teen from goo g any further, was unexpected from both members of the conversation.
It was a pinnacle of all the hate and sorrow and guilt that Laim was feeling, all pent up during these months of stressful training and lack of sleep, something that burst forth when all his nightmares became real before him.

The emotional turmoil was reaching his apex as Guilt and Fury clashed for dominance.

"I knew since I hit your mech that I did something horrible to you. I knew even before opening the cockpit of your TSF and seeing it myself. You are right, I took away everything except your life, but I want you to know that if I didn't run away the moment I did If I didn't convince your brother to stop following me, we wouldn't have this conversation AT ALL!"

He stopped to take a breath, his throat coarse like sand, but he didn't stop, he didn't want to stop.

"Great Scott, we wouldn't have this conversation if we both didn't have our choices removed from us!"

He took the metal legs, the big pistons that simulated the calf muscles rating a little.

"I'm giving you something that war, the Paradox Cascade, the BETAs, all of them removed: the choice to live your life! I'm no soldier, but I can create these, so please, don't waste away here..."

Guy of G

Post by Guy of G » Wed May 15, 2019 7:59 am

Archmagos wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:44 am
Guy of G wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:58 am

The tau were startled by the blast of hostile code in auditory form and began chattering harder in a more panicked and worried tone. He at least accomplished what he set out to do. Further down the hall he started hearing a commotion... And the distinctive cracking noises of dark lances, followed by the shouting and yelling of his captors' infernal tongues as obscene Xenos alarms began to go off. Whoever it was, the Magos should hope that its here for the Dark Eldar.
Azrael felt the animistic pleasure of their fear, but was distracted by the noise of the Dark Eldar, turning of his war chant and moving over to the front of his container. He tried out stretching his optical mechandrite to see what was causing the commotion. Praying it was someone coming to rescue him, he wanted nothing more than to escape this vile place and return to his beautiful ship.
The cloaked figure that had watched Grimm earlier watched the battle from afar, atop a dilapidated structure on the other side of the colony, the mysterious figure perched on the edge of the roof like a gargoyle. Having seen enough, he reaches for a comms device on his belt and makes a call.

"The wheels are in motion, make contact with the rebels; Tell them that the Drukhari are facing further problems after the assassination attempt, but nothing concrete, just enough to tantalize."

"At once, lord Cypher."

The Cloaked Giant looked on as the fire spread from the prison/arena and onto the surrounding areas before he slinks away into the darkness, vanishing like a phantom.

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Wed May 15, 2019 8:42 am

Cavaliere wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 am
William Liam Tinmall
-----
"I KNOW THAT!"

The sudden outburst, stopping the teen from goo g any further, was unexpected from both members of the conversation.
It was a pinnacle of all the hate and sorrow and guilt that Laim was feeling, all pent up during these months of stressful training and lack of sleep, something that burst forth when all his nightmares became real before him.

The emotional turmoil was reaching his apex as Guilt and Fury clashed for dominance.

"I knew since I hit your mech that I did something horrible to you. I knew even before opening the cockpit of your TSF and seeing it myself. You are right, I took away everything except your life, but I want you to know that if I didn't run away the moment I did If I didn't convince your brother to stop following me, we wouldn't have this conversation AT ALL!"

He stopped to take a breath, his throat coarse like sand, but he didn't stop, he didn't want to stop.

"Great Scott, we wouldn't have this conversation if we both didn't have our choices removed from us!"

He took the metal legs, the big pistons that simulated the calf muscles rating a little.

"I'm giving you something that war, the Paradox Cascade, the BETAs, all of them removed: the choice to live your life! I'm no soldier, but I can create these, so please, don't waste away here..."
Adashino doesn't turn to face Liam as she responds to his outburst, her voice eerily calmer unlike earlier.

"...I wanted nothing more than to serve and protect the Empire, like my father, my brother, my uncles... I wanted to be there, in service to the Shogun, solely out of duty and love for the Empire and its people... And that is no longer possible, even with those toys you offered me. You talk of lack of choice, but you, you made the choice to escape from captivity, you made the choice to take your Mobile Suit and force us guards to apprehend you, you made the choice to let me live in shame and helplessness rather than giving me a noble death..."

She pauses as she lets out a sigh of defeat and acceptance.

"This truly is a farce you know? I thought the man who took away everything from me would be some sort of vile brute, gloating over crushing another person's dreams and future, but now that he's before me; begging me to be what I no longer can be? Kimochi Warui..."

Yeah... She's dead set on not accepting your offer Liam...

VF-25 Messiah

Post by VF-25 Messiah » Wed May 15, 2019 8:15 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 am
Running down the fleeing Takemikazuchi like hounds upon a fox; the MiGs, bearing the heraldry and roundels of the Kingdom of Arabia unleashed a phalanx of machine gun fire from their assault cannons, relying less on accuracy and more on weight of fire to destroy the stolen machine; whose pilot had a huge bounty for his head from both the UN and Allegiance as neither would tolerate the continued existence of a mad scientist who murders the personnel of their allies or a traitor respectively.

As huge the gap in performance was between the 3rd gen TSF and its 2nd gen pursuers, no amount of it could save its pilot as one of its jump units was struck by an AP-I round, the incendiary filler causing the jet and rocket fuel to catastrophically explode, sending the TSF crashing into the ground from several hundred meters in the air, bouncing and tumbling across the sands before coming to a stop near a field of sand dunes.

If the mysterious rogue faction wished to save Jail Scaglietti, they'd better do it fast!
"DINN units, deploy a defensive method! Circle around the Takemikazuchi!"

At high speed, the purple Mobile Suits rushed towards the stolen TSF and deployed its hip railguns, forming an defensive circle to protect the Takemikazuchi from harm such as missiles and solid rounds.

"GINNs, retrieve the unit!"

While the DINNs were occupied with defending the fallen unit, GINNs descended into the ground to retrieve it. Of course, knowing the MiG units could attack them at any moment, they were also ready to use their shields and weapons if it was the case.

"Ether Laser, Units 1 to 10, target the lead unit."

From the Fraxinus Ex Baphomet, ten turrets are deployed from the front deck, all of them aiming towards the main lead unit. Lasers are fired out of the turrets, with the leader as their target. While at it, the Aile Daggers assumed a triangular formation, and advanced towards the TSFs with heavy firepower, using their beam rifles to deliver a volley of volatile beams.

"Aile Daggers, Delta Position!"

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Wed May 15, 2019 9:43 pm

VF-25 Messiah wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:15 pm
"DINN units, deploy a defensive method! Circle around the Takemikazuchi!"

At high speed, the purple Mobile Suits rushed towards the stolen TSF and deployed its hip railguns, forming an defensive circle to protect the Takemikazuchi from harm such as missiles and solid rounds.

"GINNs, retrieve the unit!"

While the DINNs were occupied with defending the fallen unit, GINNs descended into the ground to retrieve it. Of course, knowing the MiG units could attack them at any moment, they were also ready to use their shields and weapons if it was the case.

"Ether Laser, Units 1 to 10, target the lead unit."

From the Fraxinus Ex Baphomet, ten turrets are deployed from the front deck, all of them aiming towards the main lead unit. Lasers are fired out of the turrets, with the leader as their target. While at it, the Aile Daggers assumed a triangular formation, and advanced towards the TSFs with heavy firepower, using their beam rifles to deliver a volley of volatile beams.

"Aile Daggers, Delta Position!"
The laser beams destroy a disheartening amount of TSFs as they raked across their number, destroying only about 4 of them; but that was expected as TSFs in general are highly resistant to laser weaponry due to their primary purpose of being anti-BETA units. Scattering due to the laser fire and getting spiked by the radars of the enemy mobile suits, the Arabian TSFs split off into three groups: The smallest going far to the Mobile suits' left flank to swoop around, attempting to ensure that their Target is dead by blowing up the Takemikazuchi, the second taking off towards the enemy capital ship in a loose formation to avoid getting tagged by CIWS and the last and largest engaging the DINNs and Aile Daggers head-on in a hail of gunfire, grenades and missiles.

VF-25 Messiah

Post by VF-25 Messiah » Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:43 pm
The laser beams destroy a disheartening amount of TSFs as they raked across their number, destroying only about 4 of them; but that was expected as TSFs in general are highly resistant to laser weaponry due to their primary purpose of being anti-BETA units. Scattering due to the laser fire and getting spiked by the radars of the enemy mobile suits, the Arabian TSFs split off into three groups: The smallest going far to the Mobile suits' left flank to swoop around, attempting to ensure that their Target is dead by blowing up the Takemikazuchi, the second taking off towards the enemy capital ship in a loose formation to avoid getting tagged by CIWS and the last and largest engaging the DINNs and Aile Daggers head-on in a hail of gunfire, grenades and missiles.
While on the cockpit of the Variable Fighter, the mysterious man watched the ongoing battle. Seeing that they split their forces into three teams, he requested the deployment of Shield-type Realizers to protect the Fraxinus Ex.

"Kyouhei, be a darling and deploy the realizers."

"The shield ones?"

"Of course."

"Let us surprise this platoon..."

The machines that approached the ship were surprised by the fact that the capital ship had protective measures. As for the laser turrets, after changing their output to a higher one, and increasing the speed of its firing, could now keep up with the TSFs.

An attempt is made, and they fire again against the small platoon that approaches the ship.

Two DINNS are destroyed as they attempt to protect the Takemikazuchi, and coming out of the resulting smoke were railgun blasts, coming for the TSFs at high speed. As for the GINNS and Daggers, they were able to intercept some missiles and explosive rounds, but almost half of their forces were destroyed. Still enough to give time for the other GINNS to finally retrieve Jail.

Code: Select all

[Pilot of the Takemikazuchi, we came for you.]
At the deck, another machine prepared to launch. It was no Mobile Suit, rather, just a normal-looking fighter. But as it was launched out of the ship, the display of speed was so remarkable that all TSFs could tell for sure.

"I will head into battle. They can't outspeed an Variable Fighter, even if they want to..."

The enemy was an Variable Fighter.

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Thu May 16, 2019 2:57 am

VF-25 Messiah wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 pm
While on the cockpit of the Variable Fighter, the mysterious man watched the ongoing battle. Seeing that they split their forces into three teams, he requested the deployment of Shield-type Realizers to protect the Fraxinus Ex.

"Kyouhei, be a darling and deploy the realizers."

"The shield ones?"

"Of course."

"Let us surprise this platoon..."

The machines that approached the ship were surprised by the fact that the capital ship had protective measures. As for the laser turrets, after changing their output to a higher one, and increasing the speed of its firing, could now keep up with the TSFs.

An attempt is made, and they fire again against the small platoon that approaches the ship.

Two DINNS are destroyed as they attempt to protect the Takemikazuchi, and coming out of the resulting smoke were railgun blasts, coming for the TSFs at high speed. As for the GINNS and Daggers, they were able to intercept some missiles and explosive rounds, but almost half of their forces were destroyed. Still enough to give time for the other GINNS to finally retrieve Jail.

Code: Select all

[Pilot of the Takemikazuchi, we came for you.]
At the deck, another machine prepared to launch. It was no Mobile Suit, rather, just a normal-looking fighter. But as it was launched out of the ship, the display of speed was so remarkable that all TSFs could tell for sure.

"I will head into battle. They can't outspeed an Variable Fighter, even if they want to..."

The enemy was an Variable Fighter.
The Railgun slugs tear through the supercarbon armor of several TSFs like paper, some of which ended up scoring more than a single kill as burning shrapnel or extreme overpenetration takes out another behind or nearby a stricken TSF, forcing the remainder of the to disperse and causing the DINNs to draw an increased amount of fire due to the threat they represented while the Aile Daggers, for all their heavier firepower and armor, were not fast or agile enough to contend in an air-to-air duel with the MiGs, the reappropriated Mobile suits getting blasted out of the sky in a rather lopsided engagement even with their numbers disadvantage; though the Daggers went down swinging, scoring some kills of their own as with their 57mm machine guns and beam rifles; the Mobile Suits having needed a smaller number of hits to destroy their targets compared to how much gunfire they took from the MiGs.

The Variable fighter takes off of the hangar deck amidst a cloud of smoke and chaff released by the MiGs after the lasers had taken out a few more of their number. Initiating their attack in earnest, the began to bombard the ship with volleys of grenades and missiles, hoping to overcome its defenses and CIWS through sheer weight of fire.

Elric of Melnibone

Post by Elric of Melnibone » Thu May 16, 2019 6:35 am

Guy of G wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:05 am
Elric of Melnibone wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:56 am
Guy of G wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:43 am

"Eh there should be an airport a few klicks away, we are probably going to need to drag the things the lizards use might take a while." The Bluehat responded as he looked around for his comrades left from the confrontation with the Dino footsoldiers.

As the Two young pilots went for shelter they noticed the phenomina was familiar
"Hey isn't it that storm we saw before Dio?"

"Tch, its happening again? Last time it made the Zogillian's disappear, I shudder to think what might be on the other side of this one if we are unlucky" Dio responded cooly.

Hina...could you still be around somewhere?

The duo noticed the strange Magician was searching for them.

"Oh its that guy again."

"He reminds me of that one guy in Germany we saw a little."

"Don't remind me of that foolishness I told you to swear we would never speak of that again!" Dio said suppressing a shudder.
I nod my head. There they were. It was with a resounding crack that I teleported next to them. They jump in surprise but I move quickly, and raise my hands in mock surrender.

"I think we should get out of this rain." They probably didn't notice it but I had already cast a force wall over our heads. The droplets of acid, and blood were splashing against it harmlessly. I had extended it over the base, and hopefully that would be enough for now. "In the meanwhile, I was wondering... are you both peckish at the moment? I was thinking of cooking something, and I was wondering if you would both like to join me."

Yes, that should work. The truth was that I just wanted to get to know them better but they didn't need to know that.

"Oh, and do you both like Steak au Poivre? I can cooking something else for you if you want instead..."
"S-t-r-a-n-g-e."

"Oh great another fantastical character."

"Why are you so comfortable around us anyways? You certainly don't know me, everyone who did should be long gone by now." Aoba asked the strange man before him, sounding uncharacteristically sad
"You can blame it on paternal instincts." I tilt my head to the side. I chuckle. "I was a father once." I scratch the back of my head. "I never grew out of it." I turn back, and look at them. "The both of you are too young to be fighting in any sort of war. Don't you think that is even stranger than what I am doing?" I decide to change the subject. "Anyway, that's none of my business. You have made your choice." They weren't my children.

Aoba Watase wasn't my son. As much as he looked like him.

"However, I think something along the lines of a home cooked meal will help you forget about that. If there's anything that I learned? It's that food can solve a lot of problems." I lean forward, and smirk at them. "Sometimes it's the only thing that you really need. A war is about to happen. Why not enjoy a quiet moment?" I step back from them. "Well, it is up to you. If you don't want a free meal? That's your decision. Just so you know though. This base only has military rations. They are not exactly... palatable."

I get queasy just thinking about it. How did anyone survive on those things?

"Meanwhile, if you give me but a moment? I can prepare something for you that won't taste like cardboard."

Guy of G

Post by Guy of G » Thu May 16, 2019 6:57 am

Thu May 16, 2019 6:35 am
Guy of G wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:05 am
Sun May 12, 2019 3:56 am

I nod my head. There they were. It was with a resounding crack that I teleported next to them. They jump in surprise but I move quickly, and raise my hands in mock surrender.

"I think we should get out of this rain." They probably didn't notice it but I had already cast a force wall over our heads. The droplets of acid, and blood were splashing against it harmlessly. I had extended it over the base, and hopefully that would be enough for now. "In the meanwhile, I was wondering... are you both peckish at the moment? I was thinking of cooking something, and I was wondering if you would both like to join me."

Yes, that should work. The truth was that I just wanted to get to know them better but they didn't need to know that.

"Oh, and do you both like Steak au Poivre? I can cooking something else for you if you want instead..."
"S-t-r-a-n-g-e."

"Oh great another fantastical character."

"Why are you so comfortable around us anyways? You certainly don't know me, everyone who did should be long gone by now." Aoba asked the strange man before him, sounding uncharacteristically sad
"You can blame it on paternal instincts." I tilt my head to the side. I chuckle. "I was a father once." I scratch the back of my head. "I never grew out of it." I turn back, and look at them. "The both of you are too young to be fighting in any sort of war. Don't you think that is even stranger than what I am doing?" I decide to change the subject. "Anyway, that's none of my business. You have made your choice." They weren't my children.

Aoba Watase wasn't my son. As much as he looked like him.

"However, I think something along the lines of a home cooked meal will help you forget about that. If there's anything that I learned? It's that food can solve a lot of problems." I lean forward, and smirk at them. "Sometimes it's the only thing that you really need. A war is about to happen. Why not enjoy a quiet moment?" I step back from them. "Well, it is up to you. If you don't want a free meal? That's your decision. Just so you know though. This base only has military rations. They are not exactly... palatable."

I get queasy just thinking about it. How did anyone survive on those things?

"Meanwhile, if you give me but a moment? I can prepare something for you that won't taste like cardboard."
"...Fine but be quick with it we don't know what will happen next."

"Heh, I can live with actual food here."

Aoba caught onto the mention of fatherhood.

"Ah whatever happened to your kid anyways? My parents, my sister are likely long gone by now its a long story but lets just say even before this stuff with realities happened I got mixed up in time space stuff, initially no one believed me then this hit. The one person who might know a way to get me back may also be gone..." Aoba was growing somber with his explanation as he went on.